Born in the Life: Gene Borrello the Story of an Ex-Bonanno Family Mafia Enforcer

Discuss all mafia families in the U.S., Canada, Italy, and everywhere else in the world.

Moderator: Capos

aray22
Sergeant Of Arms

Re: Born in the Life: Gene Borrello the Story of an Ex-Bonanno Family Mafia Enforcer

Post by aray22 »

Dave65827 wrote:Just finished the book and it’s a massive disappointment

He straight up plays up Pasquale and Hootie which where nobodies compared to the guys he delt with. His whole gripe was Ronni G not proposing him for membership and when he got arrested for shit he was hiding from Ronnie G
Hilarious that he thought a crime family would straighten out a 25 year old loose cannon dumb fuck.
Joeyboy1982
Straightened out

Re: Born in the Life: Gene Borrello the Story of an Ex-Bonanno Family Mafia Enforcer

Post by Joeyboy1982 »

Timmoffat wrote: Wed Sep 22, 2021 1:11 pm Just finished it. More interesting reading about Ronnie then Gene. Author needs to fact check “whitey buglers summer hill gang” “Freddy geese” for instance. Lots of typos.
You shittin me? Summer hill?
Joeyboy1982
Straightened out

Post by Joeyboy1982 »

aray22 wrote: Fri Sep 24, 2021 1:14 pm
Shellackhead wrote:Gene was probably in special Ed when he was in high school
High school? He dropped out around 9th grade and has talked about having bad ADHD. You can tell when he's not on his meds and it's about 95% of the time.
It's not just the ADHD. The open mouth, dumb-founded look is indicative of an IQ issue.
slimshady_007
Full Patched

Post by slimshady_007 »

Tonyd621 wrote: Mon Sep 27, 2021 4:19 pm
slimshady_007 wrote: Mon Sep 27, 2021 11:31 am
Dave65827 wrote: Sun Sep 26, 2021 6:28 pm I’m reading the book and some of the quotes are unintentionally hilarious

Also it’s insane how many times they tried to kill Chris Cognata
Didn’t they try like three different times? 😂
Amattucio-the kid who shot Cognata got charged with murder which idk how that is not self defense if someone comes into your home with a gun demanding money for a drug deal.
Yea thats a bs case the kid probably got scared and panicked. Cognata got what was coming.
Wise men listen and laugh, while fools talk.
Pmac2
Full Patched

Post by Pmac2 »

Sal vitales would be good with the rite author. He must be in nad shape
Tonyd621
Full Patched

Post by Tonyd621 »

Pmac2 wrote: Fri Oct 29, 2021 5:02 pm Sal vitales would be good with the rite author. He must be in nad shape
Maybe he reentered the workforce as a Correctional Officer again. I mean it can't be the worst hire they ever had, right?
JohnnyS
Full Patched

Post by JohnnyS »

Pmac2 wrote: Fri Oct 29, 2021 5:02 pm Sal vitales would be good with the rite author. He must be in nad shape
he doesnt have a good memory.
nizarsoccer
Straightened out

Post by nizarsoccer »

From the group of the Bonanno's that flipped during 2003/2004, Frank Lino is the best one to write a book (barring Massino of course). He seemed to do it all, big stock fraud cases, murders, you name it. Wouldn't mind Frank Coppa either. He had like a 2nd degree connection to Jordan Belfort, but did he ever meet the guy?
funkster
Full Patched

Post by funkster »

Why the hell is Hootie posting shirtless pictures of Borello on his IG?
Dapper_Don
Straightened out

Post by Dapper_Don »

I would welcome a book from any of those Bonanno (Massino would be #1, Vitale, Coppa, etc) or Colombo (Calabro, Big Anthony Russo,Sparaco,Joe Campy, Joey Caves, etc) guys
"Bill had to go, he was getting too powerful. If Allie Boy went away on a gun charge, Bill would have took over the family” - Joe Campy testimony about Jackie DeRoss explaining Will Bill murder
JakeTheSnake630
Straightened out

Post by JakeTheSnake630 »

:lol: :lol: I saw that! He said he is on the cover of some magazine but its just a picture of Gene shirtless licking his lips!
funkster wrote: Tue Nov 02, 2021 7:42 pm Why the hell is Hootie posting shirtless pictures of Borello on his IG?
If nobody sees it, it didn't happen.
RamshackleMan
Straightened out

Post by RamshackleMan »

Dapper_Don wrote: Wed Nov 03, 2021 4:42 am I would welcome a book from any of those Bonanno (Massino would be #1, Vitale, Coppa, etc) or Colombo (Calabro, Big Anthony Russo,Sparaco,Joe Campy, Joey Caves, etc) guys
You know someone has approached Massino. Either Joey wanted an unreasonable deal or I think it's more
likely he just doesn't want to do a book.
dave
Straightened out

Post by dave »

JakeTheSnake630 wrote: Wed Nov 03, 2021 6:44 am :lol: :lol: I saw that! He said he is on the cover of some magazine but its just a picture of Gene shirtless licking his lips!
funkster wrote: Tue Nov 02, 2021 7:42 pm Why the hell is Hootie posting shirtless pictures of Borello on his IG?
He just edited the "magazine cover" part out. Strange.
funkster
Full Patched

Post by funkster »

dave wrote: Wed Nov 03, 2021 9:54 am
JakeTheSnake630 wrote: Wed Nov 03, 2021 6:44 am :lol: :lol: I saw that! He said he is on the cover of some magazine but its just a picture of Gene shirtless licking his lips!
He just edited the "magazine cover" part out. Strange.
Super creepy. I have some good friends, none that good.
newera_212
Full Patched

Post by newera_212 »

nizarsoccer wrote: Sat Oct 30, 2021 6:41 pm
From the group of the Bonanno's that flipped during 2003/2004, Frank Lino is the best one to write a book (barring Massino of course). He seemed to do it all, big stock fraud cases, murders, you name it. Wouldn't mind Frank Coppa either. He had like a 2nd degree connection to Jordan Belfort, but did he ever meet the guy?
I'd love some back story on Coppa. Seems like a combo of a thug / street guy and a white collar guy. Him and Belfort... they ever had any dealings or real connection to one another, but Coppa was involved with a ton of stock chop shops . Belfort was out on Long Island , Coppa had his hooks into a variety of different places in the city, mostly because he had his hooks into a few people who bounced between brokerages, started their own, etc. - it sounded like he was involved with a lot more than shaking down promoters and brokers for money too, he was helping pick which stocks to pump, trying to take companies public that he and his family basically controlled , etc. He seemed like a real major money maker

I was driving in Queens recently and figured out that survellience pic of Massino and Coppa where they're coming out of a building with what looks like marble on the outside... it's the City Diner in Maspeth on Grand Ave. Could only imagine the meals those two had at that place... they probably singlehandedly put the owners kids through college