Born in the Life: Gene Borrello the Story of an Ex-Bonanno Family Mafia Enforcer

Discuss all mafia families in the U.S., Canada, Italy, and everywhere else in the world.

Moderator: Capos

Pmac2
Full Patched

Re: Born in the Life: Gene Borrello the Story of an Ex-Bonanno Family Mafia Enforcer

Post by Pmac2 »

Only thing i see wrong with jimmy is if he didnt go on that home invasion robbery when they killed that lady on staten island he would still be if the life. He just didnt want to do life. So his points are kinda flimsy.
Ryan98366
Straightened out

Re: Born in the Life: Gene Borrello the Story of an Ex-Bonanno Family Mafia Enforcer

Post by Ryan98366 »

John W wrote: Mon Aug 30, 2021 3:59 pm Gene Borrello's story is not something that everyone has already heard or read about or have seen on various documentaries and dramatic cable shows on the history of the Mafia. This story is current day, not something from the days of Bugsy Siegel, Albert Anastasia and Mayer Lansky or a Mario Puzzo compilation of the old days. The Borrello saga is about a thirty-six-year old mob enforcer, who was born into the life with the true nitty gritty, unglamorous street life that led to his being locked up for a third of his life, until he finally said? enough.

Apparently it's coming out in October but lets wait and see
The story of an odd looking man with a high pitched voice and no muscle on his body. Then again, Gene did more crime than Pennisi. Not sure why Gene has a following. He is a 3rd stringer.
#Let’s Go Brandon!
Pmac2
Full Patched

Post by Pmac2 »

He gonna sell 15 ebooks tops
Manhattan_
Straightened out

Post by Manhattan_ »

Unreal that previous thread on the board we discussed Carmine Galante - then 2 threads later we discuss Gene Borrello - talk about the state of LCN today has deteriorated into trash.
Dave65827
Sergeant Of Arms

Post by Dave65827 »

I would argue that it was always trash but now with the rise of the internet are seeing it now more than ever

For every Galante there was probably 100 genes. Especially back in the heyday
CornerBoy
Full Patched

Post by CornerBoy »

Gene was massive- muscular back in the day, i can tell you that. He is a big dude. Is he smart? that's another story
Q: What doesn't work when it's fixed?
A: A jury!
John W
Straightened out

Post by John W »

The book has been released on Kindle
Dave65827
Sergeant Of Arms

Post by Dave65827 »

I might buy it and do a rundown like the Decav book
chin_gigante
Full Patched

Post by chin_gigante »

I'd be lying if I said I won't buy it just to use the kindle search function to see if he identifies anyone as a captain or higher
'You don't go crucifying people outside a church; not on Good Friday.'
B.
Men Of Mayhem

Post by B. »

chin_gigante wrote: Tue Sep 21, 2021 5:04 pm I'd be lying if I said I won't buy it just to use the kindle search function to see if he identifies anyone as a captain or higher
TMI, bro.
JoeCamel
Straightened out

Post by JoeCamel »

Just finished it. More interesting reading about Ronnie then Gene. Author needs to fact check “whitey buglers summer hill gang” “Freddy geese” for instance. Lots of typos.
Tonyd621
Full Patched

Post by Tonyd621 »

Timmoffat wrote: Wed Sep 22, 2021 1:11 pm Just finished it. More interesting reading about Ronnie then Gene. Author needs to fact check “whitey buglers summer hill gang” “Freddy geese” for instance. Lots of typos.
Lol summer hill gang "Freddy geese"
Pmac2
Full Patched

Post by Pmac2 »

give us the cliff notes
aray22
Sergeant Of Arms

Post by aray22 »

Pmac2 wrote:give us the cliff notes
I'm about halfway through and there are plenty of Ronnie G and Asaro stories that made it worth the $7 for me.
jimmy_beans8
Straightened out

Post by jimmy_beans8 »

Slightly interested also.....and if it doesn't sell enough ...maybe he will write another one and add EXTRA shit/bullshit
I been taught to listen to what's not said