Born in the Life: Gene Borrello the Story of an Ex-Bonanno Family Mafia Enforcer

Discuss all mafia families in the U.S., Canada, Italy, and everywhere else in the world.

Moderator: Capos

JoeCamel
Straightened out

Re: Born in the Life: Gene Borrello the Story of an Ex-Bonanno Family Mafia Enforcer

Post by JoeCamel »

One thing Gene says that I was like what the fuck is that the 5 families were formed in 1965. Dozens of smaller families were merged in 1965 and the bosses became the capos…in 1965. I’ll do a break down when I have time if no one beats me to it
Wiseguy
Filthy Few

Re: Born in the Life: Gene Borrello the Story of an Ex-Bonanno Family Mafia Enforcer

Post by Wiseguy »

Timmoffat wrote: Thu Sep 23, 2021 8:13 pm One thing Gene says that I was like what the fuck is that the 5 families were formed in 1965. Dozens of smaller families were merged in 1965 and the bosses became the capos…in 1965. I’ll do a break down when I have time if no one beats me to it
The hell?
All roads lead to New York.
JohnnyS
Full Patched

Post by JohnnyS »

What a joke this guy is. Summer hill gang. :lol:
funkster
Full Patched

Post by funkster »

Lol wut? Such a clown.
Shellackhead
Full Patched

Post by Shellackhead »

Gene was probably in special Ed when he was in high school
newera_212
Full Patched

Post by newera_212 »

Shellackhead wrote: Fri Sep 24, 2021 11:42 am Gene was probably in special Ed when he was in high school
LMAO. I'm laughing because I think on one of the earlier podcast / interviews he did with somebody else, he said he was in special ed when he was younger. Not sure about high school but he said he was developmentally behind when he was earlier. I doubt Gene made it through High School. I know a few people who went to Adams at the same time Gene would have been there, I'm going to ask around
Shellackhead
Full Patched

Post by Shellackhead »

newera_212 wrote: Fri Sep 24, 2021 12:03 pm
Shellackhead wrote: Fri Sep 24, 2021 11:42 am Gene was probably in special Ed when he was in high school
LMAO. I'm laughing because I think on one of the earlier podcast / interviews he did with somebody else, he said he was in special ed when he was younger. Not sure about high school but he said he was developmentally behind when he was earlier. I doubt Gene made it through High School. I know a few people who went to Adams at the same time Gene would have been there, I'm going to ask around
Lmaoooo you can just tell, & which interview I didn’t watch it.
aray22
Sergeant Of Arms

Post by aray22 »

Shellackhead wrote:Gene was probably in special Ed when he was in high school
High school? He dropped out around 9th grade and has talked about having bad ADHD. You can tell when he's not on his meds and it's about 95% of the time.
Cheech
Full Patched

Post by Cheech »

I emailed the author for a hard copy. we'll see.
I'll race you around the corner for fuckin $400 - the skinny
Pogo The Clown
Men Of Mayhem

Post by Pogo The Clown »

aray22 wrote: Fri Sep 24, 2021 1:14 pm
High school? He dropped out around 9th grade and has talked about having bad ADHD. You can tell when he's not on his meds and it's about 95% of the time.

All he needs is a whack upside the head.

Pogo
It's a new morning in America... fresh, vital. The old cynicism is gone. We have faith in our leaders. We're optimistic as to what becomes of it all. It really boils down to our ability to accept. We don't need pessimism. There are no limits.
Uncle Pete
Straightened out

Post by Uncle Pete »

I heard it’s gonna be written in crayon
Uncle Pete
Straightened out

Post by Uncle Pete »

Uncle Pete wrote: Fri Sep 24, 2021 2:41 pm
I heard his book is gonna be written in crayon
PolackTony
Filthy Few

Post by PolackTony »

On the block, he was called, by the mammas and the grandmas: indecent, heathen, juvenile delinquent; his weekends was frequently, locked inside the precinct.
"Hey, hey, hey — this is America, baby! Survival of the fittest.”
Pmac2
Full Patched

Post by Pmac2 »

Is that a rap? Sounds firmulure. Fucking word cant spell
Pmac2
Full Patched

Post by Pmac2 »

So is anyone gene testified afainst or told on still in prison. Pretty sure he would have got like 10yrs give or take 2. He probaly be getting out about now probaly went semi legit and still be in the mob circle maybe a made guy one day. Probaly eats at him.