Fifteen Philadelphia Family Members and Associates Indicted

Discuss all mafia families in the U.S., Canada, Italy, and everywhere else in the world.

Moderator: Capos

joeycigars
Sergeant Of Arms

Re: Fifteen Philadelphia Family Members and Associates Indicted

Post by joeycigars »

Frank wrote: Sat Dec 19, 2020 3:08 pm
joeycigars wrote: Sat Dec 19, 2020 1:44 pm When is the last time a consigliere had real powers since Merlino took the reins ?
Steve Mazzone
Thanks Frank, Do you know the approximate years ? I look around cant find anything ,
avvocato
Straightened out

Post by avvocato »

joeycigars wrote:
joeycigars wrote: Sat Dec 19, 2020 1:44 pm When is the last time a consigliere had real powers since Merlino took the reins ?
Steve Mazzone
Thanks Frank, Do you know the approximate years ? I look around cant find anything ,
Late ‘90s...1996-1999 then he bumped up to underboss.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
chin_gigante
Full Patched

Post by chin_gigante »

joeycigars wrote: Sat Dec 19, 2020 5:17 pm
Steve Mazzone
Mazzone was official consigliere from 1996 (when Ronald Turchi was demoted) to at least 2010, but probably around 2013 or 2014 when he became official underboss. He had been a captain prior to his promotion since late 1994.

While he was official consigliere he was also acting underboss from mid-1999 until his arrest in 2000. While Mazzone served as official consigliere/ acting underboss, George Borgesi functioned as a captain/ acting consigliere.

While Mazzone was incarcerated, Joe Curro and Gaeton Lucibello were identified as serving as consigliere at different points. Based on the fact that Mazzone retained the official rank, Curro and Lucibello would have had to be acting. Curro died in 2004. Lucibello was identified as a captain at that time and was identified as consigliere around 2007 if I'm remembering right, so he probably succeeded Curro as acting consigliere. Mazzone was released to a halfway house in 2007 and was fully released from custody in early 2008. Lucibello was likely demoted or stepped down around that time.

Mazzone also then served as street boss following Joe Ligambi's arrest in 2011. Lancellotti was street boss by late 2014, by which point Mazzone had likely switched from official consigliere to official underboss. He's definitely the underboss in time for the October 2015 ceremony.
'You don't go crucifying people outside a church; not on Good Friday.'
chubby
Sergeant Of Arms

Re: Sonny Mazzone and 4 others arrested on federal charges

Post by chubby »

HoagieNose wrote: Sat Dec 19, 2020 2:37 pm
Amershire_Ed wrote: Sat Dec 19, 2020 2:14 pm
CornerBoy wrote: Sat Dec 19, 2020 11:07 am
Snakes wrote: Mon Nov 23, 2020 11:01 am Looks like Mazzone managed to avoid the drug charges but Grande looks to be fucked.
Dom will flip if he's looking at a solid case carrying 10 plus years
I have a hard time seeing this for several reasons. First, as weird as it sounds, I think Grande is anxious to prove he’s not his dad. I’m not saying he’s excited about prison but I think he’s determined to prove he is “about that life”. Plus, Nicodemo is doing 20-25 for a hit in which Grande was the shooter (allegedly). Is Grande really gonna flip over a 17-18 year sentence, especially when he thought he might be getting hit with a murder? Just seems unlikely. He probably breathed a sigh of relief when he read that indictment, to be honest, even if the fentanyl talk was sloppy and embarrassing. He knew this shoe was dropping eventually and he knew there was a chance it came with a body. 14 years would suck but it’s a lot better than 45. I really think Grande would have to be looking at 25 plus for cooperation to become a possibility.
If his low bail is any sign of things to come. He shouldn’t get anymore than 10 years. It looks like Mazzone might be getting more time. They seem to not even want to give him bail.
It seems sketchy to me that once mazzone tries to get bail, the feds bring out some shit that he got caught saying on a wiretap that was nowhere mentioned in the indictment... it makes me feel like the feds have more than what they’ve showed so far... I think there is/was more people wired than just persiano... and it appears like the feds are not exposing their full hand yet.... I think this is the beginning of something bigger...
JCB1977
Filthy Few

Post by JCB1977 »

Snakes wrote: Mon Nov 23, 2020 11:01 am Looks like Mazzone managed to avoid the drug charges but Grande looks to be fucked.
I have a hard time seeing this for several reasons. First, as weird as it sounds, I think Grande is anxious to prove he’s not his dad. I’m not saying he’s excited about prison but I think he’s determined to prove he is “about that life”. Plus, Nicodemo is doing 20-25 for a hit in which Grande was the shooter (allegedly). Is Grande really gonna flip over a 17-18 year sentence, especially when he thought he might be getting hit with a murder? Just seems unlikely. He probably breathed a sigh of relief when he read that indictment, to be honest, even if the fentanyl talk was sloppy and embarrassing. He knew this shoe was dropping eventually and he knew there was a chance it came with a body. 14 years would suck but it’s a lot better than 45. I really think Grande would have to be looking at 25 plus for cooperation to become a possibility.
If they get Grande for 7-10 years...that’s a lot of time to keep ongoing investigations to flip somebody else who will serve him up on a silver platter.
"I figure I’m gonna have to do about 6000 years before I get accepted into heaven. And 6000 years is nothing in eternity terms. I can do that standing on my head. It’s like a couple of days here."

-Pauly Walnuts, RIP
Tonyd621
Full Patched

Post by Tonyd621 »

JCB1977 wrote: Sat Dec 19, 2020 6:58 pm
If they get Grande for 7-10 years...that’s a lot of time to keep ongoing investigations to flip somebody else who will serve him up on a silver platter.
I know we are talking like this is impending doom. We have no idea the shit he didn't get caught doing. Maybe, he is saying fuck, this is all they caught me with over this time frame... majority of the posts are saying how fucked he is..maybe he doesn't see it that way.
Tonyd621
Full Patched

Post by Tonyd621 »

JCB1977 wrote: Sat Dec 19, 2020 6:58 pm
Now that's true too. You do all this time then when you are down to days of your sentence, not weeks or months they hit you with something else.
JCB1977
Filthy Few

Post by JCB1977 »

Until they unseal everything or present their full hand at Discovery hearing, it’s all speculation. But if the Feds could keep Grande on ice for 7-10 years, that’s a world of time to grab somebody close to him who can’t do the time. Again, I have a hard time buying that the Feds don’t have more. Why stop the investigation and not keep accumulating evidence a while longer to ensure an air tight case and a stiff sentence? Like Chicago, they’re a Nick Calabrese away from being dealt a crippling hit. When is the next court hearing?
Last edited by JCB1977 on Sun Dec 20, 2020 9:05 am, edited 1 time in total.
"I figure I’m gonna have to do about 6000 years before I get accepted into heaven. And 6000 years is nothing in eternity terms. I can do that standing on my head. It’s like a couple of days here."

-Pauly Walnuts, RIP
jmack
Straightened out

Post by jmack »

I think you’re right, here. Rita (his mom) raised him and she is a serious lady. Far harder than Wayne (who I never met). I don’t see Dom flipping, short of life I guess.
Rocco
Full Patched

Post by Rocco »

CornerBoy wrote: Sat Dec 19, 2020 11:03 am
Rocco wrote: Mon Nov 23, 2020 10:27 am Joseph Servidio and his drug crew were re-indicted. He is never gonna get our prison. He will die there. Which I am ok with since he was pushing DEATH.
If you're selling 30's regularly (like 200 per night) or wholesaling you shoudl do a mandatory dime piece in the Feds like FT Dix low provided that there is no violence. ITS DESTROYING KIDS EVERYWHERE. even the useless cops in small town america are hooked
Its the Fentynal. These dipshits making pills with it. Now they are lacing Fentynal with Coke and people are dying in droves from Cocaine/Fentynal overdoses. Usually someone that his been cocaine for a longtime. They buy it lock them selves in a room to binge on it/smoke it...and they die because fentynal is in it. You cant binge on blow if it has fentynal in it..it kills you. During covet there was a shortage on blow in NYC. They laced it with Fentynal tons of deaths in 5 boroughs from the spring till the fall.
Rocco
Full Patched

Post by Rocco »

HoagieNose wrote: Sat Dec 19, 2020 6:14 am
chin_gigante wrote: Sat Dec 19, 2020 3:36 am In the New Theory Podcast with Pennisi Part 6 he says he met Licata at John Perna's wedding in August 2015, which seems to me likely where his knowledge of Licata as consigliere comes from
Interesting. So there was Philly family members at Perna’s wedding. Wonder if he was the only one
Licata is longtime friends with Mike and Ralph Sr Perna. They go back to the late 60s.
chin_gigante
Full Patched

Post by chin_gigante »

Schratwieser says the judge has set Mazzone's new bail hearing for 29 December, so he won't be home for Christmas.
'You don't go crucifying people outside a church; not on Good Friday.'
Amershire_Ed
Full Patched

Post by Amershire_Ed »

chin_gigante wrote: Tue Dec 22, 2020 3:18 pm Schratwieser says the judge has set Mazzone's new bail hearing for 29 December, so he won't be home for Christmas.
He made bail per DS. $200k, same as Dom
HoagieNose
Straightened out

Post by HoagieNose »

So both these guys got a relatively low bail. When this first broke many posters were talking doom and gloom. Did they get the low bail because of the virus or is the case just weak?
avvocato
Straightened out

Post by avvocato »

HoagieNose wrote:So both these guys got a relatively low bail. When this first broke many posters were talking doom and gloom. Did they get the low bail because of the virus or is the case just weak?
I don’t think the case as charged is weak but still involves no violence and crimes that occurred 4-5 years ago. That, coupled with the virus, is certainly not a no-bail scenario. These guys aren’t running either...