John DiFronzo was a CI?

Discuss all mafia families in the U.S., Canada, Italy, and everywhere else in the world.

Moderator: Capos

Pete
Full Patched

Re: John DiFronzo was a CI?

Post by Pete »

Antiliar wrote: Mon May 25, 2020 9:15 pm
Pete wrote: Mon May 25, 2020 4:49 pm
If I remember correctly didn’t mags himself speculate on difronzo being a CI? Obviously all fosco info came from mags
When I had conversations with both of them together there were several times that Fosco knew things Mags didn't. Fosco has a lot of sources and some people are still in touch with him on the down low. He personally knew Willie Messino, DiFronzo, Buddy Ciotti, Dinger, and others when they were alive and is still in touch - at least some of them - their family members. So Fosco added some details to what Mags said. BTW, later on after they made their videos, they seemed to backtrack on the idea that DiFronzo was a CI. I try to keep an open mind about it.
It appears fosco took the interviews down but if I recall he asked him directly something to the effect of people speculate difronzo was a ci and mags responded it’s possible how else was he not proscuted in family secrets. Did anyone save those interviews?
I agree with phat,I love those old fucks and he's right.we all got some cosa nostra in us.I personnely love the life.I think we on the forum would be the ultimate crew! - camerono
Pete
Full Patched

Post by Pete »

Confederate wrote: Mon May 25, 2020 5:54 pm
Kash wrote: Mon May 25, 2020 5:21 pm Is it at all possible it was a fake file shown to Red intentionally? LE does stuff like that all the time to get misinformation going. Why would a prosecutor show a witness a confidential file that had his real name? Seems far fetched. If he was actually a CI any file would have a ci code and not just blow his identity up.
I think it was quite "possible" that DiFronzo was a CI, including his brother Pete DiFronzo. However, I would put Red Wemette's story in the same category as Frank Cullotta saying he became a made man when he was sent to Las Vegas. In other words, Red's story 18 years later with everybody dead makes no sense. However, I do appreciate Antiliar posting it & his efforts in contacting & talking to some of these guys. After awhile, these mob connected guys who talk ("not under oath") want to always make themselves seem more important, especially if money is involved. IMO They are all psychopaths, some worse than others, & see it as "another possible score".
I agree it’s possible but I’m
Not feeling the source as well. As you said these guys get caught up in their own self importance and come up with these new stories years later. And I would doubt Pete would be a ci he makes millions from his legit business I haven’t heard of him being involved in outfit business for many many years now. Also as far as I know he was never involved in any hits I just couldn’t see a motive for him.
I agree with phat,I love those old fucks and he's right.we all got some cosa nostra in us.I personnely love the life.I think we on the forum would be the ultimate crew! - camerono
Villain
Filthy Few

Post by Villain »

Is there any hard evidence that Sarno kicked up to DiFronzo during the late 2000s? Like court transcript or something...
Do not be deceived, neither the sexually immoral, nor idolaters, nor adulterers, nor men who practice homosexuality, nor thieves, nor the greedy, nor drunkards, nor revilers, nor swindlers will inherit the kingdom of God - Corinthians 6:9-10
Pete
Full Patched

Post by Pete »

Villain wrote: Tue May 26, 2020 6:30 am Is there any hard evidence that Sarno kicked up to DiFronzo during the late 2000s? Like court transcript or something...
Not that I’m aware of. That comment came from the Mutt and Jeff article.

http://www.fivefamiliesnyc.com/2011/03/ ... t.html?m=1
Pete
Full Patched

Post by Pete »

I struggle to understand with all
His millions and trying to avoid heat why he would take tribute from a fed magnet like sarno. Who knows tho
cavita
Full Patched

Post by cavita »

I'm wondering is if DiFronzo or his brother were a CI then he would have given up many many top guys and the feds would have used that info to completely decimate the Outfit. In this supposed case, they didn't leading me to believe DiFronzo was not giving up information.
Snakes
Full Patched

Post by Snakes »

cavita wrote: Tue May 26, 2020 8:03 am I'm wondering is if DiFronzo or his brother were a CI then he would have given up many many top guys and the feds would have used that info to completely decimate the Outfit. In this supposed case, they didn't leading me to believe DiFronzo was not giving up information.
CI's are given the option of providing information without testifying. It is different than a cooperating witness (CW), who the government has by the balls in most cases. CI's generally volunteer intelligence. For example, Blasi was under no obligation to truthfully disclose what happened to Giancana since a lot of the information he provided was volunteered.
Frank
Full Patched

Post by Frank »

Villain wrote: Tue May 26, 2020 6:30 am Is there any hard evidence that Sarno kicked up to DiFronzo during the late 2000s? Like court transcript or something...
And hes said to be the underboss. That doesn't sound right
funkster
Full Patched

Post by funkster »

I realize that there's a lot of circumstantial evidence that points towards it, but I doubt its true. It's not like smart outfit guys like Marco and others wouldnt have heard the rumors. I find it hard they'd continue to associate with him if they felt there was any truth to it. The lack of an indictment in Family Secrets doesn't prove anything either, Nick implicated Lou Marino in the murders as well and he never got charged.
Confederate
Full Patched

Post by Confederate »

Pete wrote: Tue May 26, 2020 5:55 am Abandoned by the outfit always sounded like magnafichi to me. That would explain why Mario rainone is doing mandatory 15 years for felon in possession of a gun and magnafichi had all charges dropped even though he was caught firing a gun in a residential area and had it in his possession when the cops showed up. He was held in county for a few months then magically they decided to not prosecute and he walks out the door. Very suspicious to say the least they never let anyone walk on being a felon with a firearm
It sure does sound like it. You've brought this up a few times & there really is no answer for it. That's also a good reason why he went out in the open like Frank Jr. The only question is that I don't think he knows a lot. He was pushed away not long after he was made. Correct?
The area where he could have possibly helped would have been pointing the Feds in the right direction of bookmaking. However, as time goes by, he becomes less relevant in knowing anything of significance. But I do think you're right about him.
" Everything Woke turns to shit".
Frank
Full Patched

Post by Frank »

Was it 2 or 3 CI, I thought there was mention of a third. Mags and DiFronzo would have had to be giving info going all the way back to around the early to mid 80s if they were CI1. Unless LE got to Mags at a young age. He did drive and golf with the bosses Im guessing that CI1 didnt have to be made when he started giving info, but could have been made later on. I dont know. But it seems to me if they were CI it would have to be much much later.
Frank
Full Patched

Post by Frank »

I always took the Sarno case report of the number of CI in or associated with the Outfit as the total amount that LE had.
Tonyd621
Full Patched

Post by Tonyd621 »

According to Red on that facebook acct, he stated he last saw it in 2002. But no specifics on the type of document.
Pete
Full Patched

Post by Pete »

Confederate wrote: Tue May 26, 2020 10:14 am
Pete wrote: Tue May 26, 2020 5:55 am Abandoned by the outfit always sounded like magnafichi to me. That would explain why Mario rainone is doing mandatory 15 years for felon in possession of a gun and magnafichi had all charges dropped even though he was caught firing a gun in a residential area and had it in his possession when the cops showed up. He was held in county for a few months then magically they decided to not prosecute and he walks out the door. Very suspicious to say the least they never let anyone walk on being a felon with a firearm
It sure does sound like it. You've brought this up a few times & there really is no answer for it. That's also a good reason why he went out in the open like Frank Jr. The only question is that I don't think he knows a lot. He was pushed away not long after he was made. Correct?
The area where he could have possibly helped would have been pointing the Feds in the right direction of bookmaking. However, as time goes by, he becomes less relevant in knowing anything of significance. But I do think you're right about him.
Yes I’ve beaten a dead horse on this 😆 I Just find it shocking when you compare to rainone. I believe your right about his history. I was told he was made in 94 or 95 and that’s when difronzo wanted everyone to go legit and they tried to get mags a legit job he wouldn’t take it. He wasn’t clear on time frame but I think he mentioned in other articles he’s been out for 20 years which would
Have us in the early 2000’s. See mags couldn’t go legit. John and Pete difronzo has numerous legit businesses, Joey a andriacchi has millions legit. Mags couldn’t make the move
Antiliar
Full Patched

Post by Antiliar »

Mags also took a loan from Joey A and didn't pay him back. Basically ended their relationship. So he had opportunities to go legit, but blew them.