John DiFronzo was a CI?

Discuss all mafia families in the U.S., Canada, Italy, and everywhere else in the world.

Moderator: Capos

Antiliar
Full Patched

John DiFronzo was a CI?

Post by Antiliar »

This has been brought up before, but Red Wemette just recently posted that he has an FBI doc that notes DiFronzo is a CI. Don't have any more details than that.
Pete
Full Patched

Re: John DiFronzo was a CI?

Post by Pete »

Oh boy let’s all strap in for the next 100 pages of this thread
I agree with phat,I love those old fucks and he's right.we all got some cosa nostra in us.I personnely love the life.I think we on the forum would be the ultimate crew! - camerono
BeatiPaoli
Straightened out

Post by BeatiPaoli »

To Everyone: LOL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Regards,
BeatiPaoli
Pete
Full Patched

Post by Pete »

Antiliar wrote: Sat May 23, 2020 1:23 pm This has been brought up before, but Red Wemette just recently posted that he has an FBI doc that notes DiFronzo is a CI. Don't have any more details than that.
Let’s see if he posts the doc then I’ll entertain it
I agree with phat,I love those old fucks and he's right.we all got some cosa nostra in us.I personnely love the life.I think we on the forum would be the ultimate crew! - camerono
Confederate
Full Patched

Post by Confederate »

Antiliar wrote: Sat May 23, 2020 1:23 pm This has been brought up before, but Red Wemette just recently posted that he has an FBI doc that notes DiFronzo is a CI. Don't have any more details than that.
"Those are Fightin' Words". lol
Where did Red Wemette post that comment?
" Everything Woke turns to shit".
Wiseguy
Filthy Few

Post by Wiseguy »

I'm not saying he was but, considering DiFronzo's uninterrupted 20+ year run (mostly as the identified boss) from the mid-1990s until his death, nobody should be surprised if it was proven he was a CI.
All roads lead to New York.
Fwhite
Associate

Post by Fwhite »

Crazy talk.
NothingNew44
Straightened out

Post by NothingNew44 »

To echo Wiseguy, it really wouldn’t be that surprising.
Pogo The Clown
Men Of Mayhem

Post by Pogo The Clown »

Yeah there was also that article from like 10 years ago were it was leaked that the Feds had two member informants in the Outfit with one of them being high ranking. The "high ranking" part pretty much narrows it down to a handful of candidates.

Pogo
It's a new morning in America... fresh, vital. The old cynicism is gone. We have faith in our leaders. We're optimistic as to what becomes of it all. It really boils down to our ability to accept. We don't need pessimism. There are no limits.
Angelo Santino
Filthy Few

Post by Angelo Santino »

Pogo The Clown wrote: Sat May 23, 2020 4:55 pm Yeah there was also that article from like 10 years ago were it was leaked that the Feds had two member informants in the Outfit with one of them being high ranking. The "high ranking" part pretty much narrows it down to a handful of candidates.

Pogo
For what it's worth, Joe Fosco called him a rat but it may have been libel as he said many things, including the allegation that DiFronzo liked to masturbate on his victims' corpses. He later deleted much of it and years later the two took a photo together when he was senile.

D'Andrea back in the day provided information in either Buffalo or Rochester before becoming Boss of Chicago. Accardo's had that rumor floating without basis, I suspected it somewhat because Roemer had an unhealthy obsession with him that shows in the books.
Chaps
Straightened out

Post by Chaps »

Yes. I've contemplated this for some time and listened to the rumors. But considering he was never caught up in the "Family Secrets" indictment and there was no "Family Secrets II" you have to wonder.
funkster
Full Patched

Post by funkster »

Pete wrote: Sat May 23, 2020 1:45 pm Oh boy let’s all strap in for the next 100 pages of this thread
lol this.
funkster
Full Patched

Post by funkster »

Confederate wrote: Sat May 23, 2020 2:30 pm
"Those are Fightin' Words". lol
Where did Red Wemette post that comment?
Mike Byrne's post of the Gangster Report article on Rainone. Says he saw it in 2002.
Antiliar
Full Patched

Post by Antiliar »

Pete wrote: Sat May 23, 2020 2:20 pm
Let’s see if he posts the doc then I’ll entertain it
Have to correct (sometimes he's not clear) that he doesn't have the document, but saw it, and he said the last time he saw it was in 2002. He also said Accardo was not a CI.

BTW, I sent you some DMs.
funkster
Full Patched

Post by funkster »

Do we think they'd reveal something like that to Wemette? Dunno.