John DiFronzo was a CI?

Discuss all mafia families in the U.S., Canada, Italy, and everywhere else in the world.

Moderator: Capos

bert
Full Patched

Re: John DiFronzo was a CI?

Post by bert »

Confederate wrote: Mon May 25, 2020 1:26 am
Villain wrote: Mon May 25, 2020 1:09 am
Confederate wrote: Mon May 25, 2020 12:57 am
Villain wrote: Mon May 25, 2020 12:52 am
Antiliar wrote: Mon May 25, 2020 12:37 am Here's how he was able to see the file: Mitchell Mars showed the DiFronzo file to Red.
The guy is dead right?
Mitchell Mars was a criminal Prosecutor who died at the end of the Family Secrets Trial so it must have been around late 2007 or 2008.
Thanks
The $10 Million Dollar question is: Why would Mars show DiFronzo's File to Red? Also, Mars would have had to trust Red not to tell anyone while DiFronzo was still alive. Now that Red has mentioned it, IMO it makes Pete DiFronzo kind of look bad. If all of this is true, You have to assume he Pete DiFronzo would have known all about it. He was his brother's shadow. Again, this is all still speculation.
A prosector is not going to show a confidential file to anyone, especially an informant who will talk about it. I think Red is cooking up a scheme.
Tonyd621
Full Patched

Post by Tonyd621 »

Antiliar wrote: Sun May 24, 2020 6:55 pm
Confederate wrote: Sun May 24, 2020 3:20 pm
Antiliar wrote: Sun May 24, 2020 11:26 am The 1999 conversation between Frank Sr and Jr is a bit confusing. In one part Sr said that Johnny was "running the show,"
Could he have been talking about Johnny "Apes" Monteleone running the show because that's who was supposedly running the Outfit in 1999.
Yes, I forgot that as I was typing. It happens.
Tonyd621 wrote: Sun May 24, 2020 3:44 pm
Antiliar wrote: Sat May 23, 2020 1:23 pm This has been brought up before, but Red Wemette just recently posted that he has an FBI doc that notes DiFronzo is a CI. Don't have any more details than that.
Where did he post this? I am know of his youtube channel and he has not posted a video in two weeks.
He posted this in his Facebook group.
What facebool group? I added him on facebook and I dont see any recent post. The last one was him as a marine
Snakes
Full Patched

Post by Snakes »

Frank wrote: Mon May 25, 2020 9:18 am How close of a relationship did Red have with Lombardo in 2002.
None, if I had to guess. I can't imagine Red being personally involved with any Outfit people as long as Frank Schweihs was alive.
Antiliar
Full Patched

Post by Antiliar »

bert wrote: Mon May 25, 2020 9:41 am
A prosector is not going to show a confidential file to anyone, especially an informant who will talk about it. I think Red is cooking up a scheme.
It's your choice if you want to believe him. He has no reason to cook up a scheme because he's retired and financially well-off. I just presented what he said and the rest is up to you and everyone else who is free to accept or reject what he said.
Hired_Goonz
Straightened out

Post by Hired_Goonz »

So the lead prosecutor on the Family Secrets case - conveniently unable to confirm or deny this since he's no longer with us - just randomly showed a file to one of the witnesses in the trial that a high ranking mobster (possibly the boss) was a CI? Were they playing a game of truth or dare or something like that?

Anything is possible and truth is so often stranger than fiction so of course this may be true. But to me it seems FAR more probable that this Wemette has seen the speculation about DiFronzo over the years and is now pulling this story out of his ass to sell a book or some bullshit. I admit that I don't know anything about him other than what was in the Family Secrets book so I have no idea what his angle is, but his story doesn't pass the smell test.
Antiliar
Full Patched

Post by Antiliar »

Tonyd621 wrote: Mon May 25, 2020 9:42 am
Antiliar wrote: Sun May 24, 2020 6:55 pm
Confederate wrote: Sun May 24, 2020 3:20 pm
Antiliar wrote: Sun May 24, 2020 11:26 am The 1999 conversation between Frank Sr and Jr is a bit confusing. In one part Sr said that Johnny was "running the show,"
Could he have been talking about Johnny "Apes" Monteleone running the show because that's who was supposedly running the Outfit in 1999.
Yes, I forgot that as I was typing. It happens.
Tonyd621 wrote: Sun May 24, 2020 3:44 pm
Antiliar wrote: Sat May 23, 2020 1:23 pm This has been brought up before, but Red Wemette just recently posted that he has an FBI doc that notes DiFronzo is a CI. Don't have any more details than that.
Where did he post this? I am know of his youtube channel and he has not posted a video in two weeks.
He posted this in his Facebook group.
What facebool group? I added him on facebook and I dont see any recent post. The last one was him as a marine
The Chicago Outfit - Old and Current News and Articles
Snakes
Full Patched

Post by Snakes »

It would be curious to know what file it was. Most files don't refer to CI's by name. It would be very puzzling if Mars showed Wemette DiFronzo's CTE file; what would be the point? I'm not sure what to believe.
Frank
Full Patched

Post by Frank »

Antiliar wrote: Mon May 25, 2020 10:27 am
It's your choice if you want to believe him. He has no reason to cook up a scheme because he's retired and financially well-off. I just presented what he said and the rest is up to you and everyone else who is free to accept or reject what he said.
Fair enough and we definitely appreciate you sharing. Im not going to believe it 100%, right now 60%. With DiFronzo past info, most definitely a possibility.
Antiliar
Full Patched

Post by Antiliar »

Snakes wrote: Mon May 25, 2020 10:50 am It would be curious to know what file it was. Most files don't refer to CI's by name. It would be very puzzling if Mars showed Wemette DiFronzo's CTE file; what would be the point? I'm not sure what to believe.
If you're in his group you can ask. I've already filled my quota of questions and don't want to overstay my welcome. I doubt he would know or recall the specifics of the file though, but you could ask him why Mars let him see the file.
bert
Full Patched

Post by bert »

Antiliar wrote: Mon May 25, 2020 10:27 am

I still am open to it, but the part about him getting it from a prosector sort of killed it for me. I think any time a person on this or any other sites comes up with a new alleged informant too many are quick to believe it out of various reasons. We'll know more when he comes out with it. If he is set with money he may still want the attention, or want to make like others were rats, thereby justifying his own actions.
Frank
Full Patched

Post by Frank »

Before this Wemette info and the Frank Sr info that DiFronzo planned the Spillotro murders, the past thoughts that he could be an informer, in my opinion and Im not trying to speak for others, I think others too thought from our view it looked like he was an informer, but I thought it was to obvious and the Outfit members, who would know more than us, knew he wasnt. With him taking a step back, not associating, maybe deactivating Elmwood Park, going semi or totally legit, and not at least being charged in Family Secrets it surprises me that he wasn't wacked just on suspicion. DiFronzo appears to be a real smart guy. He either outsmarted LE, the Outfit, or was that smart just to retire from the Outfit and mind his own business. I just cant imagine if he was a CI and we were suspicious that the Outfit didnt notice this.
Antiliar
Full Patched

Post by Antiliar »

bert wrote: Mon May 25, 2020 12:22 pm
I still am open to it, but the part about him getting it from a prosector sort of killed it for me. I think any time a person on this or any other sites comes up with a new alleged informant too many are quick to believe it out of various reasons. We'll know more when he comes out with it. If he is set with money he may still want the attention, or want to make like others were rats, thereby justifying his own actions.
Who's the new informant? DiFronzo or Red Wemette? Say what you want to say about him, but he was trusted enough to work undercover for years, testify against Frank Schweihs in 1990, Ken Hanson in 1995, and Family Secrets in 2007. As for DiFronzo, he's been suspected for a while. Fosco, based on things Magnafichi said, had a theory that after DiFronzo was sent to prison in the early 1990s and his son died, he made a deal to avoid prison in the future. The deal included trying to shut down the EP crew and maybe shrink down the Outfit as a whole. It sounds plausible. I also wonder if he was one of the CI's mentioned in the Sarno indictment, but that's my own speculation.
Chicago Sun-Times 2011Mar8 Sarno Cataudella DiFronzo Marcello clip.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Pete
Full Patched

Post by Pete »

Antiliar wrote: Mon May 25, 2020 1:56 pm
bert wrote: Mon May 25, 2020 12:22 pm
Who's the new informant? DiFronzo or Red Wemette? Say what you want to say about him, but he was trusted enough to work undercover for years, testify against Frank Schweihs in 1990, Ken Hanson in 1995, and Family Secrets in 2007. As for DiFronzo, he's been suspected for a while. Fosco, based on things Magnafichi said, had a theory that after DiFronzo was sent to prison in the early 1990s and his son died, he made a deal to avoid prison in the future. The deal included trying to shut down the EP crew and maybe shrink down the Outfit as a whole. It sounds plausible. I also wonder if he was one of the CI's mentioned in the Sarno indictment, but that's my own speculation.

Chicago Sun-Times 2011Mar8 Sarno Cataudella DiFronzo Marcello clip.jpg
If I remember correctly didn’t mags himself speculate on difronzo being a CI? Obviously all fosco info came from mags
I agree with phat,I love those old fucks and he's right.we all got some cosa nostra in us.I personnely love the life.I think we on the forum would be the ultimate crew! - camerono
Kash
Straightened out

Post by Kash »

Is it at all possible it was a fake file shown to Red intentionally? LE does stuff like that all the time to get misinformation going. Why would a prosecutor show a witness a confidential file that had his real name? Seems far fetched. If he was actually a CI any file would have a ci code and not just blow his identity up.
"He killed 16 Czechoslovakians. Guy was an interior decorator."

"Really? His house looked like shit."
Confederate
Full Patched

Post by Confederate »

Kash wrote: Mon May 25, 2020 5:21 pm Is it at all possible it was a fake file shown to Red intentionally? LE does stuff like that all the time to get misinformation going. Why would a prosecutor show a witness a confidential file that had his real name? Seems far fetched. If he was actually a CI any file would have a ci code and not just blow his identity up.
I think it was quite "possible" that DiFronzo was a CI, including his brother Pete DiFronzo. However, I would put Red Wemette's story in the same category as Frank Cullotta saying he became a made man when he was sent to Las Vegas. In other words, Red's story 18 years later with everybody dead makes no sense. However, I do appreciate Antiliar posting it & his efforts in contacting & talking to some of these guys. After awhile, these mob connected guys who talk ("not under oath") want to always make themselves seem more important, especially if money is involved. IMO They are all psychopaths, some worse than others, & see it as "another possible score".
" Everything Woke turns to shit".