John DiFronzo was a CI?

Discuss all mafia families in the U.S., Canada, Italy, and everywhere else in the world.

Moderator: Capos

Antiliar
Full Patched

Re: John DiFronzo was a CI?

Post by Antiliar »

Pete wrote: Mon May 25, 2020 4:49 pm
If I remember correctly didn’t mags himself speculate on difronzo being a CI? Obviously all fosco info came from mags
When I had conversations with both of them together there were several times that Fosco knew things Mags didn't. Fosco has a lot of sources and some people are still in touch with him on the down low. He personally knew Willie Messino, DiFronzo, Buddy Ciotti, Dinger, and others when they were alive and is still in touch - at least some of them - their family members. So Fosco added some details to what Mags said. BTW, later on after they made their videos, they seemed to backtrack on the idea that DiFronzo was a CI. I try to keep an open mind about it.
Pete
Full Patched

Post by Pete »

Antiliar wrote: Mon May 25, 2020 9:15 pm
Pete wrote: Mon May 25, 2020 4:49 pm
If I remember correctly didn’t mags himself speculate on difronzo being a CI? Obviously all fosco info came from mags
When I had conversations with both of them together there were several times that Fosco knew things Mags didn't. Fosco has a lot of sources and some people are still in touch with him on the down low. He personally knew Willie Messino, DiFronzo, Buddy Ciotti, Dinger, and others when they were alive and is still in touch - at least some of them - their family members. So Fosco added some details to what Mags said. BTW, later on after they made their videos, they seemed to backtrack on the idea that DiFronzo was a CI. I try to keep an open mind about it.
Fosco was also close with Joey A
I agree with phat,I love those old fucks and he's right.we all got some cosa nostra in us.I personnely love the life.I think we on the forum would be the ultimate crew! - camerono
Patrickgold
Full Patched

Post by Patrickgold »

It stated that there has been a high ranking Outfit CI since 1994, the same year that Difronzo’s conviction for the Ricon trial was mysteriously overturned. He was never indicted for family secrets despite being named by Nick Calabrese and having tapes of Frank Calabrese talking about him participating. Was it a coincidence that a high ranking Outfit member became a CI the same year DiFronzo’s conviction was magically overturned?? Who knows
Confederate
Full Patched

Post by Confederate »

Patrickgold wrote: Mon May 25, 2020 10:05 pm It stated that there has been a high ranking Outfit CI since 1994, the same year that Difronzo’s conviction for the Ricon trial was mysteriously overturned. He was never indicted for family secrets despite being named by Nick Calabrese and having tapes of Frank Calabrese talking about him participating. Was it a coincidence that a high ranking Outfit member became a CI the same year DiFronzo’s conviction was magically overturned?? Who knows
Where was it stated "since 1994"? The article Antiliar posted came out in 2011 & it said 25 previous years. That would make it 1986. Was there another article somewhere that said 1994?
" Everything Woke turns to shit".
Frank
Full Patched

Post by Frank »

Patrickgold wrote: Mon May 25, 2020 10:05 pm It stated that there has been a high ranking Outfit CI since 1994, the same year that Difronzo’s conviction for the Ricon trial was mysteriously overturned. He was never indicted for family secrets despite being named by Nick Calabrese and having tapes of Frank Calabrese talking about him participating. Was it a coincidence that a high ranking Outfit member became a CI the same year DiFronzo’s conviction was magically overturned?? Who knows
I thought the high ranking member was a CI starting in the 80s. The CI from 94 was a high ranking associate.
Confederate
Full Patched

Post by Confederate »

Frank wrote: Mon May 25, 2020 10:21 pm
I thought the high ranking member was a CI starting in the 80s. The CI from 94 was a high ranking associate.
Oh, That's way different. That eliminates John DiFronzo unless they are using the word "Associate" very loosely, but I doubt it.
What source said "High Ranking Associate" in 1994? That might help determine the use of the word "Associate".
Frank
Full Patched

Post by Frank »

Confederate wrote: Mon May 25, 2020 10:38 pm
Oh, That's way different. That eliminates John DiFronzo unless they are using the word "Associate" very loosely, but I doubt it.
What source said "High Ranking Associate" in 1994? That might help determine the use of the word "Associate".
Im going to look at the other threads about DiFronzo as I believe the source was mentioned there. We have went down this road a few times. I know it came from the Sarno case. Also the description of one informant inthe document Antiliar posted doesnt really sound like DiFronzo.The informant said he felt abandoned by the Outfit, so he talked..DiFronzo was worth millions of dollars and really didn't need the Outfit.
Confederate
Full Patched

Post by Confederate »

Frank wrote: Mon May 25, 2020 11:07 pm
Im going to look at the other threads about DiFronzo as I believe the source was mentioned there. We have went down this road a few times. I know it came from the Sarno case. Also the description of one informant inthe document Antiliar posted doesnt really sound like DiFronzo.The informant said he felt abandoned by the Outfit, so he talked..DiFronzo was worth millions of dollars and really didn't need the Outfit.
You're right. It was discussed before But I simply don't remember. I thought maybe you had that document there with you.
Frank
Full Patched

Post by Frank »

Confederate wrote: Mon May 25, 2020 11:28 pm
What source said "High Ranking Associate" in 1994? That might help determine the associateIIt word "Associate".
You're right. It was discussed before But I simply don't remember. I thought maybe you had that document there with you.
Its a court file says CI1 was a member and CI2 an associate
Confederate
Full Patched

Post by Confederate »

Frank wrote: Mon May 25, 2020 11:36 pm
What source said "High Ranking Associate" in 1994? That might help determine the associateIIt word "Associate".
So there was a distinction made between "member & "associate". C12 was the guy in 1994. Correct?
Frank
Full Patched

Post by Frank »

CI 1 a member started informing 25 years before Sarno case. CI2 an associate had been informing since 1994
Frank
Full Patched

Post by Frank »

Confederate wrote: Mon May 25, 2020 11:59 pm
So there was a distinction made between "member & "associate". C12 was the guy in 1994. Correct?
Yes they made the distinction and the rat from 1994 was described as an associate.
Confederate
Full Patched

Post by Confederate »

Frank wrote: Tue May 26, 2020 12:08 am
Confederate wrote: Mon May 25, 2020 11:59 pm
Frank wrote: Mon May 25, 2020 10:21 pm I thought the high ranking member was a CI starting in the 80s. The CI from 94 was a high ranking associate.
Yes they made the distinction and the rat from 1994 was described as an associate.
Okay, good work & thanks for the clarification. So, DiFronzo could not have been a CI in 1986. Too early & that Rincon case had not even come up yet. 1994 would be a good year suspect him of it, except that he definitely was not an "associate". However, maybe they wrote the word "associate" in there on purpose to throw everybody off track?
Patrickgold
Full Patched

Post by Patrickgold »

They did say associate but it’s possible they may have purposefully said associate to deflect attention from Difronzo
Pete
Full Patched

Post by Pete »

Abandoned by the outfit always sounded like magnafichi to me. That would explain why Mario rainone is doing mandatory 15 years for felon in possession of a gun and magnafichi had all charges dropped even though he was caught firing a gun in a residential area and had it in his possession when the cops showed up. He was held in county for a few months then magically they decided to not prosecute and he walks out the door. Very suspicious to say the least they never let anyone walk on being a felon with a firearm
I agree with phat,I love those old fucks and he's right.we all got some cosa nostra in us.I personnely love the life.I think we on the forum would be the ultimate crew! - camerono