Buffalo/Ontario Mob Acitivity

Discuss all mafia families in the U.S., Canada, Italy, and everywhere else in the world.

Moderator: Capos

SILENT PARTNERZ
Full Patched

Re: RE: Re: Buffalo/Ontario Mob Acitivity

Post by SILENT PARTNERZ »

;)
Lupara wrote: Fri Feb 08, 2019 10:20 am
Wiseguy wrote:
SILENT PARTNERZ wrote: Fri Feb 08, 2019 9:45 amI have always wondered about the charts on his site.
If they are accurate, St. Louis has many active members.
don't know what to make of them.
Look at it as a site that includes everything including the kitchen sink. Lots of names, all having been involved in some way or another, but anything that says there's a lot of active members (or members period) in St Louis today is obviously incorrect.
Such negativity, just look at the bright sight of things.
'three can keep a secret, if two are dead'
antimafia
Full Patched

Re: Buffalo/Ontario Mob Acitivity

Post by antimafia »

NickleCity wrote: Fri Feb 08, 2019 9:14 am [snip]

Do you think the Vince and Vincenzo are one-in-the-same?

Is he related to Salvatore Campanella who Bill Feather identifies as a Buffalo crime family soldier? Here is the link to his chart: http://mafiamembershipcharts.blogspot.c ... 0-70s.html

(BTW how reliable are Feather's charts?) Lot's of times Feather indicates if the made man was Canadian--there is no indication about Salvatore. I know there are a lot of Campanellas in Buffalo and even Rochester so the one listed by Feather may not be related. Thoughts?
Vincenzo (Vince) Campanella turned 32 on June 19, 2000, five days before his wedding. He is a bookie who was convicted as a result of the same investigation in 1997 that saw the Musitano brothers' stepbrother, Pino Avignone, convicted. Campanella would also definitely know, besides Pat Musitano and Avignone, Dominic Musitano Jr. (the middle brother between the older Pat and the younger Angelo).

I don't recall a Salvatore Campanella, Sam Campanella, Sammy Campanella, and so on being involved in organized crime in Ontario. There is no mention of a Campanella in either of the DiCarlo books (vols. 1 and 2) written by Hunt and Tona, although the absence of the name doesn't confirm or disconfirm anything.

Feather's "Buffalo Family membership chart 1950-70's" chart does have a Dominic Vaccaro listed as a soldier -- this could be the Vaccaro of Niagara Falls, Ontario whom I briefly mentioned, along with Nicodemo Bruzzese of St. Davids, Ontario, earlier in this thread. On the other hand, Bruzzese, who is about four years younger, is absent from the chart (but this might have to do with when Bruzzese was made).
B.
Men Of Mayhem

Post by B. »

Bill used to post on the boards. I would guess he still looks at the boards sometimes as I've seen some things on the charts that must have come from here. He is a genuine guy with no agenda and his blog is a great reference resource. He is great at compiling info but doesn't seem to do much vetting and as a result there quite a few names on the site that are unconfirmed members or even confirmed non-members. There are also some mistakes as far as Sicilian town of origin, etc. but it's easy to make those mistakes when focusing on just one family, let alone all of them like he does. Overall he has a lot of valuable information that makes for a great quick reference and his lists also provide good leads for further independent research, but I would always err on the side of caution when you see someone listed as a member unless there is clear corroboration elsewhere. EDIT: Let me add that this is especially true for the modern day lists for smaller families.

That "leaked" document above is cool -- what's the context? George Sylvestro must be a relative of Antonio Sylvestro and the Gasbarrinis if he's alive. Also curious about Dante Gasbarrini Jr.
willychichi
Full Patched

Post by willychichi »

antimafia wrote: Fri Feb 08, 2019 12:15 pm
NickleCity wrote: Fri Feb 08, 2019 9:14 am [snip]

Do you think the Vince and Vincenzo are one-in-the-same?

Is he related to Salvatore Campanella who Bill Feather identifies as a Buffalo crime family soldier? Here is the link to his chart: http://mafiamembershipcharts.blogspot.c ... 0-70s.html

(BTW how reliable are Feather's charts?) Lot's of times Feather indicates if the made man was Canadian--there is no indication about Salvatore. I know there are a lot of Campanellas in Buffalo and even Rochester so the one listed by Feather may not be related. Thoughts?
Vincenzo (Vince) Campanella turned 32 on June 19, 2000, five days before his wedding. He is a bookie who was convicted as a result of the same investigation in 1997 that saw the Musitano brothers' stepbrother, Pino Avignone, convicted. Campanella would also definitely know, besides Pat Musitano and Avignone, Dominic Musitano Jr. (the middle brother between the older Pat and the younger Angelo).

I don't recall a Salvatore Campanella, Sam Campanella, Sammy Campanella, and so on being involved in organized crime in Ontario. There is no mention of a Campanella in either of the DiCarlo books (vols. 1 and 2) written by Hunt and Tona, although the absence of the name doesn't confirm or disconfirm anything.

Feather's "Buffalo Family membership chart 1950-70's" chart does have a Dominic Vaccaro listed as a soldier -- this could be the Vaccaro of Niagara Falls, Ontario whom I briefly mentioned, along with Nicodemo Bruzzese of St. Davids, Ontario, earlier in this thread. On the other hand, Bruzzese, who is about four years younger, is absent from the chart (but this might have to do with when Bruzzese was made).
I thought Giuseppe "Pino" Avignone was the Musitano's cousin?
Obama's a pimp he coulda never outfought Trump, but I didn't know it till this day that it was Putin all along.
Wiseguy
Filthy Few

Post by Wiseguy »

Lupara wrote: Fri Feb 08, 2019 10:20 amSuch negativity, just look at the bright sight of things.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
All roads lead to New York.
antimafia
Full Patched

Post by antimafia »

willychichi wrote: Fri Feb 08, 2019 12:40 pm [snip]

I've seen Avignone variously described as the adopted brother of the biological Musitano brothers or as a stepbrother. In Dominic Musitano Sr.'s newspaper obituary, Avignone is listed as a surviving family member before brothers Pat, Dominic Jr., and Angelo (as well as sister Carmie) -- see link to my Evernote item below; look in the upper-left corner of the PDF. The obituary does not make reference to Pino as a stepson.

https://www.evernote.com/shard/s229/sh/ ... e734276f14
willychichi
Full Patched

Post by willychichi »

antimafia wrote: Fri Feb 08, 2019 1:34 pm
willychichi wrote: Fri Feb 08, 2019 12:40 pm [snip]

I've seen Avignone variously described as the adopted brother of the biological Musitano brothers or as a stepbrother. In Dominic Musitano Sr.'s newspaper obituary, Avignone is listed as a surviving family member before brothers Pat, Dominic Jr., and Angelo (as well as sister Carmie) -- see link to my Evernote item below; look in the upper-left corner of the PDF. The obituary does not make reference to Pino as a stepson.

https://www.evernote.com/shard/s229/sh/ ... e734276f14
The newspaper obit you pasted on evernote is too small to read.

Here's a link identifying Avignone as their cousin:

https://books.google.com/books?id=ZO8jK ... ia&f=false
Obama's a pimp he coulda never outfought Trump, but I didn't know it till this day that it was Putin all along.
antimafia
Full Patched

Post by antimafia »

^^^^
You will probably have to read the Evernote item on a laptop/notebook, tablet, or desktop PC. If you want to view the item on a smartphone, you will likely need the Evernote mobile app.

I've read Iced. I think that Stephen Schneider went with the available conflicting information that was out there and decided that Avignone was Dominic Sr.'s nephew, but Avignone and his wife are identified as follows in the newspaper obituary: "Dear father and father-in-law of Pino and Anna Avignone...."
antimafia
Full Patched

Post by antimafia »

B. wrote: Fri Feb 08, 2019 12:23 pm [snip]

That "leaked" document above is cool -- what's the context? George Sylvestro must be a relative of Antonio Sylvestro and the Gasbarrinis if he's alive. Also curious about Dante Gasbarrini Jr.
Here's the context:

http://www.theblackhand.club/forum/view ... 744#p61744
B.
Men Of Mayhem

Post by B. »

antimafia wrote: Fri Feb 08, 2019 1:54 pm

Here's the context:

Thanks, brother -- you're a resource.
NickleCity
Full Patched

Post by NickleCity »

antimafia wrote: Fri Feb 08, 2019 1:54 pm

Here's the context:

Anti, I just went back to look thru the thread you linked and found this post from you. Read the Humphries article and am shocked...
antimafia wrote: Thu Nov 30, 2017 4:09 pm
Lupara wrote: Fri Nov 24, 2017 9:59 am
Attaboi 1 wrote:
Lupara wrote: Thu Nov 23, 2017 11:01 am This makes Andre Noel's report of Desjardins alleged trip to Buffalo and New York just after the attempt on his life even more intriguing, and believable.
Has any info ever came out about desjardins’s motives for going to buffalo and new york
No more than one article. Doesn't seem to be a coincidence to me.
I remember posting a link to Adrian Humphreys's 2010 article (see below for link on PressReader) on the RealDeal at around 1:00 am on the same day the story was published. I titled my thread "American LCN Making a Move Against Montreal Mafia?" I know that on Gangster BB, our fellow BHF poster MickeyMeatballs posted the link to the article the day after the story came out--he posted in a thread started by fellow BHF poster Wiseguy, .

From https://www.pressreader.com/canada/nati ... 9137921641:

Top Montreal mob clan under siege: sources
A senior leader appears to be kidnapped - National Post (Latest Edition) - 22 May 2010 - BY ADRIAN HUMPHREYS National Post, with files from the Gazette ahumphreys@nationalpost.com

Just days before the apparent abduction of one of the most senior leaders of the Mafia in Montreal, police officers were warned to expect a threatening move against the powerful mob clan, possibly from the United States, the National Post has learned.

It is unknown if the warning might be related to the mysterious disappearance of Paolo Renda, 70, who is the brother-in-law of imprisoned Mafia boss Vito Rizzuto. Mr. Renda was paroled in February after serving time for possession of the proceeds of crime and gangsterism.

[snip]

Police officers in Montreal were told this week that someone might be making a move against the clan, a move expected sometime in the next month, and to work sources for more information, a law-enforcement source told the Post on condition of anonymity.

The threat was believed to have emanated either directly from New York or through Buffalo and Toronto, the source said....
It looks like Humphries was indicating the threat originated from New York or Buffalo/Toronto... Could it have been both because the Violi's/Buffalo were beginning to or already working together at this point?

Or am I crazy for thinking that is a possibility? I mean that is from 2010, nearly 9 years ago...
NickleCity
Full Patched

Post by NickleCity »

Sorry should say: Could it have been both because the Violi's/Buffalo and Bonannos were already working together or beginning to at this point?

Or am I crazy for thinking that is a possibility? I mean that is from 2010, nearly 9 years ago...
CabriniGreen
Full Patched

Post by CabriniGreen »

That's about when it all started.... The son was hit ( for different reasons I guess) in what 2009?
Lupara
Full Patched

Post by Lupara »

NickleCity wrote:It looks like Humphries was indicating the threat originated from New York or Buffalo/Toronto... Could it have been both because the Violi's/Buffalo were beginning to or already working together at this point?

Either directly from New York or through Buffalo or Toronto still suggest it came from New York either way. This also support the thesis that the Violis may have done some of Montagna's biding along with some Calabrian mobsters from Toronto, such as providing hit men.

Last edited by Lupara on Fri Feb 08, 2019 9:44 pm, edited 3 times in total.
Lupara
Full Patched

Post by Lupara »

NickleCity wrote:Sorry should say: Could it have been both because the Violi's/Buffalo and Bonannos were already working together or beginning to at this point?

It certainly seems like it. You may remember the Violis' presence in Montreal a week before Nick Sr. was killed. Seems to have been a longstanding partnership between them and the Bonannos that was started by Montagna.

Also Desjardins' trip to Buffalo shortly before the attempt on his life remains intriguing.