Arrests in NY, induction ceremony taped

Discuss all mafia families in the U.S., Canada, Italy, and everywhere else in the world.

Moderator: Capos

Pogo The Clown
Men Of Mayhem

Re: Arrests in NY, induction ceremony taped

Post by Pogo The Clown »

I wouldn't be surprised if Detroit is already at that Buffalo (say 10-15 years ago) level. Seems we only hear about them when one of those geezers drops dead. Boston looks to be going that way as well. Most of their membership is really old and or inactive with the structure breaking down. I agree that Philly will be the last to go outside of NY. with the DeCavalcante's being second.

Pogo
It's a new morning in America... fresh, vital. The old cynicism is gone. We have faith in our leaders. We're optimistic as to what becomes of it all. It really boils down to our ability to accept. We don't need pessimism. There are no limits.
Ivan
Full Patched

Post by Ivan »

Pogo The Clown wrote: Fri Nov 24, 2017 9:32 am I wouldn't be surprised if Detroit is already at that Buffalo (say 10-15 years ago) level. Seems we only hear about them when one of those geezers drops dead. Boston looks to be going that way as well. Most of their membership is really old and or inactive with the structure breaking down. I agree that Philly will be the last to go outside of NY. with the DeCavalcante's being second.
Yeah, Detroit seems to now be more some weird fraternal organization for 80 year old millionaires who used to be criminals, rather than a proper crime family.

Chicago is doomed. They will be non-viable very soon. When do you think that will happen? I think it's just a matter of time.

Philly will still be around in 15 years, pretty sure. Do they have a lot of associates under 40 like they always seem to have had?
EYYYY ALL YOU CHOOCHES OUT THERE IT'S THE KID
Lupara
Full Patched

Re: RE: Re: Arrests in NY, induction ceremony taped

Post by Lupara »

Attaboi 1 wrote:
Lupara wrote: Thu Nov 23, 2017 11:01 am This makes Andre Noel's report of Desjardins alleged trip to Buffalo and New York just after the attempt on his life even more intriguing, and believable.
Has any info ever came out about desjardins’s motives for going to buffalo and new york
No more than one article. Doesn't seem to be a coincidence to me.
Attaboi 1
Straightened out

Post by Attaboi 1 »

I agree. Very interesting character
Pogo The Clown
Men Of Mayhem

Post by Pogo The Clown »

Ivan wrote: Fri Nov 24, 2017 9:38 am Chicago is doomed. They will be non-viable very soon. When do you think that will happen? I think it's just a matter of time.

Philly will still be around in 15 years, pretty sure. Do they have a lot of associates under 40 like they always seem to have had?

To me Chicago is where Detroit was in the mid-90s. The structure and crews are still there but it is almost all old people with no attempt or prospect of bringing in new blood.

I'd say Philly still has a lot of young blood both within and around the organization. Just look at any of the surveillance footage of the Philly guys over the last 15 years. There are always a bunch of 20s-30s year olds around. The indictments also show a lot of 20s-40s year olds making up the bulk of the family's lower ranks.

Pogo
It's a new morning in America... fresh, vital. The old cynicism is gone. We have faith in our leaders. We're optimistic as to what becomes of it all. It really boils down to our ability to accept. We don't need pessimism. There are no limits.
Fughedaboutit
Full Patched

Post by Fughedaboutit »

I do think Detroit still has a functioning hierarchy and operates as a family currently.

But Jackie seems content with him being the last boss of the family and no new blood. He seems content to sit on the throne and ride it out.

Philly, there always seems to be younger wanna bes and hangers on that want to be involved in that life
"I wanna hear some noise." "Tell Salvie to clean the boat, the whole boat top to bottom" -Nicodemo "Nicky" Scarfo Sr"
Hailbritain
Full Patched

Post by Hailbritain »

I think Detroit has a fully functioning family also , Scott burnstein knows the lot and has no need to lie , if he says they have then I believe him ,
UTC
Sergeant Of Arms

Post by UTC »

Basically, there are not enough scumbag white ethnics living on top of each in cities to have families for long. These groups have become educated and successful for quite a while, and it's only the dregs left--druggies, incapable of learning, mentally unstable, etc.
Confederate
Full Patched

Post by Confederate »

Chicago seems like an old Family ready to die. Seems like the old guys like DiFronzo etc are either sick or don't really want to have anything to do with the Outfit anymore. They seem to be strictly white collar. They haven't killed anybody in almost 12 years. Frank Calabrese Jr. does book autograph tours untouched. Seems like the loan sharking racket is almost dead because the last few cases were years ago and the victims who were leaned on simply ran to the Feds and got wired. Seems like nobody fears the Outfit anymore. The Poker machine business is run by the State of Illinois with heavy scrutiny. Feds have 2 high ranking guys as Informants. Young Italian guys would have to be crazy to want to join.
Maybe I'm wrong but that's how it seems. Detroit the same way except like Ivan said it seems like some old fraternal white collar thing.
Reiterating on my original opinion and based upon other poster's opinions, here's a list of how they will NOT be viable at some point:
1). Detroit
2). Chicago
3). New England
4). New Jersey
5). Philly
" Everything Woke turns to shit".
Snakes
Full Patched

Post by Snakes »

I'd put New England before Chicago.
Confederate
Full Patched

Post by Confederate »

Snakes wrote: Fri Nov 24, 2017 2:15 pm I'd put New England before Chicago.
Yes, That could be. I was debating between those two and I haven't read as much about New England.
Ivan
Full Patched

Post by Ivan »

UTC wrote: Fri Nov 24, 2017 12:48 pm Basically, there are not enough scumbag white ethnics living on top of each in cities to have families for long. These groups have become educated and successful for quite a while, and it's only the dregs left--druggies, incapable of learning, mentally unstable, etc.
This exactly, which is why I can't figure out why there are still so many young guys around the Philly family. Shouldn't they have kind of dried up by now? (I don't know much about the area.)
EYYYY ALL YOU CHOOCHES OUT THERE IT'S THE KID
B.
Men Of Mayhem

Post by B. »

Ivan wrote: Fri Nov 24, 2017 3:32 pm
UTC wrote: Fri Nov 24, 2017 12:48 pm Basically, there are not enough scumbag white ethnics living on top of each in cities to have families for long. These groups have become educated and successful for quite a while, and it's only the dregs left--druggies, incapable of learning, mentally unstable, etc.
This exactly, which is why I can't figure out why there are still so many young guys around the Philly family. Shouldn't they have kind of dried up by now? (I don't know much about the area.)
I was thinking about this yesterday because Buffalo and Philly were, outside of NY and Chicago, probably the largest US families at their peaks. Philadelphia had 90-100 members and I've seen indications Buffalo had 100 or more. Philadelphia has managed to hang on and rebuild, in my opinion, because they have mainly recruited relatives of members, lifelong friends, and other close-knit guys from the neighborhood. Scarfo and Merlino both did this and their guys are the ones on the street right now. A significant percentage of these guys have participated somehow in at least one murder as well... so you have a bunch of guys who are extremely close and have proven themselves as killers, meaning the mob is still feared. They may not be making as much money as they used to or have the numbers they did in the past, but to me the Philly family is a pretty viable group which is why they're popular with the young guys. Keep in mind a lot of these young guidos drop the wigger act once they actually start associating with the mob. I think that's a necessary step to being a wiseguy these days... I bet half the guys under 35 or 40 should have "former wigger tendencies" listed in their FBI profiles.
Confederate
Full Patched

Post by Confederate »

B. wrote: Fri Nov 24, 2017 5:08 pm
Ivan wrote: Fri Nov 24, 2017 3:32 pm
I was thinking about this yesterday because Buffalo and Philly were, outside of NY and Chicago, probably the largest US families at their peaks. Philadelphia had 90-100 members and I've seen indications Buffalo had 100 or more. Philadelphia has managed to hang on and rebuild, in my opinion, because they have mainly recruited relatives of members, lifelong friends, and other close-knit guys from the neighborhood. Scarfo and Merlino both did this and their guys are the ones on the street right now. A significant percentage of these guys have participated somehow in at least one murder as well... so you have a bunch of guys who are extremely close and have proven themselves as killers, meaning the mob is still feared. They may not be making as much money as they used to or have the numbers they did in the past, but to me the Philly family is a pretty viable group which is why they're popular with the young guys. Keep in mind a lot of these young guidos drop the wigger act once they actually start associating with the mob. I think that's a necessary step to being a wiseguy these days... I bet half the guys under 35 or 40 should have "former wigger tendencies" listed in their FBI profiles.
"Wigger Tendencies". That's a good point that would COMPLETELY turn off the older Italian guys. :lol:
Frank
Full Patched

Post by Frank »

I wonder if Solly Delaurentis has made any new members since he took over the Outfit. I would Imagine that his time as boss will be key to the survival of the Outfit.