Merlino Trial thread

Discuss all mafia families in the U.S., Canada, Italy, and everywhere else in the world.

Moderator: Capos

JCB1977
Filthy Few

Re: Merlino Trial thread

Post by JCB1977 »

Somebody is gonna flip very soon and the jockey will get his
"I figure I’m gonna have to do about 6000 years before I get accepted into heaven. And 6000 years is nothing in eternity terms. I can do that standing on my head. It’s like a couple of days here."

-Pauly Walnuts, RIP
dack2001
Sergeant Of Arms

Post by dack2001 »

Joey may get his someday but not today. Takes some MAJOR stones to go to trial in the Fed system. Good for him.
SonnyBlackstein
Filthy Few

Post by SonnyBlackstein »

dack2001 wrote: Fri Mar 30, 2018 9:49 am Here is what I make of what's been reported: Joey pleading to gambling, not a federal felony and not rackateering, so no three strikes. Plea agreement calls for available sentencing range from anywhere between house arrest and 24 months prison. Judge cannot exceed the 24 month range or Joey can withdraw his plea and go to trial. We would call this a binding plea agreement, which the Judge is bound if he accepts the agreement. My guess is the deal is for 24 month period, including that Joey's supervision ends at the 24 month mark as well. So he could get 6 months prison, 6 on house arrest and 12 months supervised release or something like that. Joey will serve his time and pray he gets out before the next Philly racketeering case gets filed so he can enjoy himself for a year or two and Eddie Jacobs again proves he is worth every penny he is paid.
Great summation. Appreciated.
Don't give me your f***ing Manson lamps.
Confederate
Full Patched

Post by Confederate »

dack2001 wrote: Fri Mar 30, 2018 9:49 am Here is what I make of what's been reported: Joey pleading to gambling, not a federal felony and not rackateering, so no three strikes. Plea agreement calls for available sentencing range from anywhere between house arrest and 24 months prison. Judge cannot exceed the 24 month range or Joey can withdraw his plea and go to trial. We would call this a binding plea agreement, which the Judge is bound if he accepts the agreement. My guess is the deal is for 24 month period, including that Joey's supervision ends at the 24 month mark as well. So he could get 6 months prison, 6 on house arrest and 12 months supervised release or something like that. Joey will serve his time and pray he gets out before the next Philly racketeering case gets filed so he can enjoy himself for a year or two and Eddie Jacobs again proves he is worth every penny he is paid.
Very good summary, Sir. Merlino will come out of this okay. Prosecution didn't have a strong case, but nonetheless, Jacobs is a good aggressive criminal defense lawyer.
" Everything Woke turns to shit".
Stroccos
Full Patched

Post by Stroccos »

Anything crime where you get more then a year is a felony , bookmaking /gambling is a felony
"if he's such A sports wizard , whys he tending bar ?" Nicky Scarfo
jimmy_beans8
Straightened out

Post by jimmy_beans8 »

Not so true stroccs
I been taught to listen to what's not said
JerryB
Straightened out

Post by JerryB »

Stroccos wrote: Sat Mar 31, 2018 10:38 amAnything crime where you get more then a year is a felony , bookmaking /gambling is a felony
Actually, in about a fourth of the (U.S.) States, bookmaking is only a misdemeanor.
Silence is often misinterpreted, but never misquoted.
Stroccos
Full Patched

Post by Stroccos »

JerryB wrote: Sat Mar 31, 2018 10:51 am
Stroccos wrote: Sat Mar 31, 2018 10:38 amAnything crime where you get more then a year is a felony , bookmaking /gambling is a felony
Actually, in about a fourth of the (U.S.) States, bookmaking is only a misdemeanor.
Yeah that’s state But he’s charge in federal court !!!
JerryB
Straightened out

Post by JerryB »

Stroccos wrote: Sat Mar 31, 2018 10:52 am
Understood. My comment was based on your general statement.
Silence is often misinterpreted, but never misquoted.
Snakes
Full Patched

Post by Snakes »

From what I understand, the three strikes rule only applies to "violent" felonies.
Confederate
Full Patched

Post by Confederate »

Snakes wrote: Sat Mar 31, 2018 8:52 pm
From what I understand, the three strikes rule only applies to "violent" felonies.
Most of the time, but not always because it VARIES state by state.
Snakes
Full Patched

Post by Snakes »

It's true for Pennsylvania.
Confederate
Full Patched

Post by Confederate »

Confederate wrote: Thu Mar 08, 2018 5:00 pm
Chucky wrote: Thu Mar 08, 2018 6:32 am
Teddy Persico wrote: Thu Mar 08, 2018 2:27 am He's already a three time loser. He was convicted of assault in 1984, armed robbery in 1989 and racketeering in 2001.
I don't think the assault was a federal conviction
The "3 Strikes You're Out" varies from State to State. Rarely used in Pennsylvania and to be more seriously considered, all 3 strikes should be violent Felony convictions. Racketeering is not a violent Felony.
Rocco
Full Patched

Post by Rocco »

SILENT PARTNERZ wrote: Fri Mar 30, 2018 6:39 am
Confederate wrote: Thu Mar 29, 2018 6:42 pm
SonnyBlackstein wrote: Thu Mar 29, 2018 6:18 pm +1 Fuhgedaboutit.
Agree with Fuhgedaboutit. These guys are many times better actors than the ones you see in Movies. Their whole life revolves around lying and some kind of deception. They're good at it. Not saying Merlino is rich, but he ain't poor either. LOL
+2
Joey gets handed envelopes, shoots into bookies, etc.
He may blow his $, but he is getting $ for sure.
I am sure he is making money as boss. But you aint rich unless you can invest it, launder it etc. Whats he going to do bury it in the backyard.? I don't know much about him. But does he have any business interests ? Or rumored interests in things?
Confederate
Full Patched

Post by Confederate »

Rocco wrote: Mon Apr 02, 2018 1:44 pm
SILENT PARTNERZ wrote: Fri Mar 30, 2018 6:39 am
Confederate wrote: Thu Mar 29, 2018 6:42 pm
SonnyBlackstein wrote: Thu Mar 29, 2018 6:18 pm +1 Fuhgedaboutit.
Agree with Fuhgedaboutit. These guys are many times better actors than the ones you see in Movies. Their whole life revolves around lying and some kind of deception. They're good at it. Not saying Merlino is rich, but he ain't poor either. LOL
+2
Joey gets handed envelopes, shoots into bookies, etc.
He may blow his $, but he is getting $ for sure.
I am sure he is making money as boss. But you aint rich unless you can invest it, launder it etc. Whats he going to do bury it in the backyard.? I don't know much about him. But does he have any business interests ? Or rumored interests in things?
I don't think anybody said Merlino was rich. I think what they said was that he has a fair amount of money coming in and he lives somewhat lavishly by spending and gambling it. The point being that as an example, $400,000 minus $400,000 is still zero, EXCEPT that you got to spend and enjoy it rather than a poor guy that has zero and never enjoys anything because he doesn't have any money to spend. Not trying to speak for anybody, but I think that was the general message. Doesn't he own or at least co-own a resaurant in Florida?