Merlino Trial thread

Discuss all mafia families in the U.S., Canada, Italy, and everywhere else in the world.

Moderator: Capos

bobbybats
Straightened out

Re: Merlino Trial thread

Post by bobbybats »

SonnyBlackstein wrote: Tue Feb 27, 2018 7:10 am
bobbybats wrote: Tue Feb 27, 2018 5:43 am He cant move to far away from his responses in this case, if he did the defense would shred him and make him look even more like a liar. This also gives the defense a look at the responses and they can now better formulate their attack. A hung is bad for the government.
I didn’t think testimony from a previous mistrial would be admissible in any future trials?

Anyone think Merlino gets offered a super sweet plea to make this go away quietly?
Your entitled to your opinion, as wrong as you are.
In 14 years the bitch will be a real money earner, yes sir........
Fughedaboutit
Full Patched

Post by Fughedaboutit »

SonnyBlackstein wrote: Tue Mar 06, 2018 6:01 pm
Fughedaboutit wrote: Tue Mar 06, 2018 5:48 pm
Chucky wrote: Tue Mar 06, 2018 8:12 am I wonder if by resolution it really means a sweet plea deal for Joey?
of course it does. I think he would take some sort of jail time, a couple years maybe? But no supervised release or probation?
I recall the number 2years plea being offered early when it came out Rubeo went off the reservation. Something similar to that, maybe a little less.
Gives both parties what they want; the Feds get to walk away with a ‘win’ and without egg on their faces and Merlino gets two years on charges which should’ve sent him away for 20.
Yeah but they never mentioned how much supervised release which I would imagine was the original hang up
"I wanna hear some noise." "Tell Salvie to clean the boat, the whole boat top to bottom" -Nicodemo "Nicky" Scarfo Sr"
dack2001
Sergeant Of Arms

Post by dack2001 »

I bet supervised release is one of the hang ups as well. The Feds probably would love to get two years out of Joey and have another two years of supervision so they can hit him with another racketeering trial when he gets off supervision.
beans
Associate

Post by beans »

I wonder what O'nofrio please too
SILENT PARTNERZ
Full Patched

Post by SILENT PARTNERZ »

Every time Joey pleads guilty, he is one step closer to
three time loser & habitual offender sentences.
'three can keep a secret, if two are dead'
Teddy Persico
Straightened out

Post by Teddy Persico »

He's already a three time loser. He was convicted of assault in 1984, armed robbery in 1989 and racketeering in 2001.
The way you talk, you just confuse him.
Chucky
Full Patched

Post by Chucky »

Teddy Persico wrote: Thu Mar 08, 2018 2:27 am He's already a three time loser. He was convicted of assault in 1984, armed robbery in 1989 and racketeering in 2001.
I don't think the assault was a federal conviction
Just smile and blow me - Mel Gibson
Confederate
Full Patched

Post by Confederate »

Chucky wrote: Thu Mar 08, 2018 6:32 am
Teddy Persico wrote: Thu Mar 08, 2018 2:27 am He's already a three time loser. He was convicted of assault in 1984, armed robbery in 1989 and racketeering in 2001.
The "3 Strikes You're Out" varies from State to State. Rarely used in Pennsylvania and to be more seriously considered, all 3 strikes should be violent Felony convictions. Racketeering is not a violent Felony.
" Everything Woke turns to shit".
yatescj7781
Straightened out

Post by yatescj7781 »

Chucky wrote: Thu Mar 08, 2018 6:32 am
And his robbery conviction wasn't an "armed robbery". He conspired to rob an armored car, the guard threw the packages off the back of the truck, another guy picked up the parcels. Joey was the mastermind and glommed most of the cash when it was brought to him, the other 2 guys ratted on him when they got the shaft. 2 years in jail for all that cash ain't bad. Better than working a 9 to 5 if you don't mind doing time in the can.
Ivan
Full Patched

Post by Ivan »

yatescj7781 wrote: Fri Mar 09, 2018 12:15 am 2 years in jail for all that cash ain't bad. Better than working a 9 to 5 if you don't mind doing time in the can.
If I remember correctly if you adjusted for inflation it comes out to more than half a million in today's money. Tax free.

And that's on top of the money from all the things he didn't get caught for.

Also, these are guys who are willing to commit murder in order to avoid having to do a 9 to 5 job. So no, a couple years of lifting weights and playing cards is probably not going to faze them if they can get that much cash without working. Or a few hours of working, if you count the robbery itself as work. It'd be like having a blue-collar job that paid fifty grand an hour.
EYYYY ALL YOU CHOOCHES OUT THERE IT'S THE KID
dack2001
Sergeant Of Arms

Post by dack2001 »

Assault is not a federal crime unless it was committed in aid of racketeering. So for the feds he has the armored truck theft and the racketeering conviction from 2001. This would be his third, which, I would bet bottom dollar, is why they are having such a hard time coming up with an acceptable plea for both sides. Another federal penalty and Joey could have the book thrown at him in an open sentencing hearing. If he pleads they will attempt to limit the amount of time the Judge can give. That's different than seeking the Judge to deviate from the guidelines, which the feds have done on the sneak at sentencing.
NJShore4Life
Full Patched

Post by NJShore4Life »

Ivan wrote: Tue Feb 20, 2018 9:38 pm
“Thank God for the jury,” Merlino said to reporters as he left the courtroom. He declined to answer further questions.
Should've said "Thank god for the American jury system. And an honest jury."

That would have been hilarious.
https://youtu.be/6Iudai89g_k
aleksandrored
Full Patched

Post by aleksandrored »

NJShore4Life wrote: Sat Mar 10, 2018 6:52 am
Ivan wrote: Tue Feb 20, 2018 9:38 pm
“Thank God for the jury,” Merlino said to reporters as he left the courtroom. He declined to answer further questions.
Should've said "Thank god for the American jury system. And an honest jury."

That would have been hilarious.
https://youtu.be/6Iudai89g_k
I thought the same kkkkkkkkkkk, who knows was a tribute?
Teddy Persico
Straightened out

Post by Teddy Persico »

Dave Schratwieser tweets on March 26

Breaking News:Mob Boss Joey Merlino wants feds to preserve jailhouse recordings of cooperator.#fox29

In documents, Merlino's lawyers say cooperator on tape talking about crimes, book deals & more.#fox29

Merlino's lawyers want Feds to preserve jail house tapes of NY case cooperators in recent weeks.#fox29

Feds/Merlino lawyers still negotiating possible deal,but health care/gambling re-trial possible.#fox29
The way you talk, you just confuse him.
Fughedaboutit
Full Patched

Post by Fughedaboutit »

Teddy Persico wrote: Wed Mar 28, 2018 3:53 am Dave Schratwieser tweets on March 26

Breaking News:Mob Boss Joey Merlino wants feds to preserve jailhouse recordings of cooperator.#fox29

In documents, Merlino's lawyers say cooperator on tape talking about crimes, book deals & more.#fox29

Merlino's lawyers want Feds to preserve jail house tapes of NY case cooperators in recent weeks.#fox29

Feds/Merlino lawyers still negotiating possible deal,but health care/gambling re-trial possible.#fox29
Joey's got em on the ropes

:lol:
"I wanna hear some noise." "Tell Salvie to clean the boat, the whole boat top to bottom" -Nicodemo "Nicky" Scarfo Sr"