Arrests in NY, induction ceremony taped

Discuss all mafia families in the U.S., Canada, Italy, and everywhere else in the world.

Moderator: Capos

JCB1977
Filthy Few

Re: RE: Re: Arrests in NY, induction ceremony taped

Post by JCB1977 »

B. wrote: Thu Nov 30, 2017 9:15 pm
antimafia wrote: Thu Nov 30, 2017 4:09 pm
Lupara wrote: Fri Nov 24, 2017 9:59 am
Attaboi 1 wrote:
Lupara wrote: Thu Nov 23, 2017 11:01 am This makes Andre Noel's report of Desjardins alleged trip to Buffalo and New York just after the attempt on his life even more intriguing, and believable.
Has any info ever came out about desjardins’s motives for going to buffalo and new york
No more than one article. Doesn't seem to be a coincidence to me.
I remember posting a link to Adrian Humphreys's 2010 article (see below for link on PressReader) on the RealDeal at around 1:00 am on the same day the story was published. I titled my thread "American LCN Making a Move Against Montreal Mafia?" I know that on Gangster BB, our fellow BHF poster MickeyMeatballs posted the link to the article the day after the story came out--he posted in a thread started by fellow BHF poster Wiseguy, .

From https://www.pressreader.com/canada/nati ... 9137921641:

Top Montreal mob clan under siege: sources
A senior leader appears to be kidnapped - National Post (Latest Edition) - 22 May 2010 - BY ADRIAN HUMPHREYS National Post, with files from the Gazette ahumphreys@nationalpost.com

Just days before the apparent abduction of one of the most senior leaders of the Mafia in Montreal, police officers were warned to expect a threatening move against the powerful mob clan, possibly from the United States, the National Post has learned.

It is unknown if the warning might be related to the mysterious disappearance of Paolo Renda, 70, who is the brother-in-law of imprisoned Mafia boss Vito Rizzuto. Mr. Renda was paroled in February after serving time for possession of the proceeds of crime and gangsterism.

[snip]

Police officers in Montreal were told this week that someone might be making a move against the clan, a move expected sometime in the next month, and to work sources for more information, a law-enforcement source told the Post on condition of anonymity.

The threat was believed to have emanated either directly from New York or through Buffalo and Toronto, the source said....
The phrasing "Buffalo and Toronto", rather than "Buffalo or Toronto" stands out.

Thanks for posting that, man. Definitely interesting stuff.
It does stand out but that could have been misprinted or a mistake on the part of the writer of the article who knows little about OC
"I figure I’m gonna have to do about 6000 years before I get accepted into heaven. And 6000 years is nothing in eternity terms. I can do that standing on my head. It’s like a couple of days here."

-Pauly Walnuts, RIP
Doobeez
Sergeant Of Arms

Re: Arrests in NY, induction ceremony taped

Post by Doobeez »

Actually Humphries is a pretty creditable columnist and source on OC for Les Habitants as well as GTA..

If you fool with the Twitter machine any, Mr Humphries is a good follow and not just for his writing skills. Unlike some, he will offer some banter while answering questions as well as talking shop about CN.

I believe Antimafia and our friend Laurentian, have both in the past worked with Mr. Humphries on some assignments as well as their own work. I might be remembering wrong, but that rings a bell.
Lupara
Full Patched

Re: RE: Re: RE: Re: Arrests in NY, induction ceremony taped

Post by Lupara »

JCB1977 wrote:
Attaboi 1 wrote:
Lupara wrote: Thu Nov 23, 2017 11:01 am This makes Andre Noel's report of Desjardins alleged trip to Buffalo and New York just after the attempt on his life even more intriguing, and believable.
Has any info ever came out about desjardins’s motives for going to buffalo and new york
I remember posting a link to Adrian Humphreys's 2010 article (see below for link on PressReader) on the RealDeal at around 1:00 am on the same day the story was published. I titled my thread "American LCN Making a Move Against Montreal Mafia?" I know that on Gangster BB, our fellow BHF poster MickeyMeatballs posted the link to the article the day after the story came out--he posted in a thread started by fellow BHF poster Wiseguy, .

A senior leader appears to be kidnapped - National Post (Latest Edition) - 22 May 2010 - BY ADRIAN HUMPHREYS National Post, with files from the Gazette ahumphreys@nationalpost.com

Just days before the apparent abduction of one of the most senior leaders of the Mafia in Montreal, police officers were warned to expect a threatening move against the powerful mob clan, possibly from the United States, the National Post has learned.

It is unknown if the warning might be related to the mysterious disappearance of Paolo Renda, 70, who is the brother-in-law of imprisoned Mafia boss Vito Rizzuto. Mr. Renda was paroled in February after serving time for possession of the proceeds of crime and gangsterism.

[snip]

Police officers in Montreal were told this week that someone might be making a move against the clan, a move expected sometime in the next month, and to work sources for more information, a law-enforcement source told the Post on condition of anonymity.

The threat was believed to have emanated either directly from New York or through Buffalo and Toronto, the source said....
The phrasing "Buffalo and Toronto", rather than "Buffalo or Toronto" stands out.

It does stand out but that could have been misprinted or a mistake on the part of the writer of the article who knows little about OC
You make it hard on your brain thinking like that.
JCB1977
Filthy Few

Post by JCB1977 »

Lupara wrote: Tue Dec 05, 2017 12:23 pm
JCB1977 wrote:
Attaboi 1 wrote:

[snip]

In my experience Lupara, questioning the credibility of the source is imperative. How many people have read an FBI report from a CI and taken it as 100% accurate? If you go back to the early days 1890-1960, many columnists and newspaper writers made many mistakes when they published an article, hell, they couldn't even properly spell the names of subjects that were allegedly part of OC.
"I figure I’m gonna have to do about 6000 years before I get accepted into heaven. And 6000 years is nothing in eternity terms. I can do that standing on my head. It’s like a couple of days here."

-Pauly Walnuts, RIP
Angelo Santino
Filthy Few

Post by Angelo Santino »

JCB1977 wrote: Tue Dec 05, 2017 12:37 pm
JCB1977 wrote:
Attaboi 1 wrote:

[snip]

In my experience Lupara, questioning the credibility of the source is imperative. How many people have read an FBI report from a CI and taken it as 100% accurate? If you go back to the early days 1890-1960, many columnists and newspaper writers made many mistakes when they published an article, hell, they couldn't even properly spell the names of subjects that were allegedly part of OC.
I concur. Primary and Secondary Sources all have varying degrees of accuracy. I've learned that relying only on one can lead to tunnel vision.
Bklyn21
Full Patched

Post by Bklyn21 »

Thanks Jcb1977 ,Figured that but didnt want to jump to conclusions
Lupara
Full Patched

Re: RE: Re: RE: Re: RE: Re: Arrests in NY, induction ceremony taped

Post by Lupara »

Chris Christie wrote:
JCB1977 wrote:
Attaboi 1 wrote:

[snip]

I concur. Primary and Secondary Sources all have varying degrees of accuracy. I've learned that relying only on one can lead to tunnel vision.
Then we should put every sentence of every book, article and document that was ever written into question no matter the credibility of the source.

Concerning this matter, one could always ask Adrian Humphreys for confirmation of that particular statement.
Angelo Santino
Filthy Few

Post by Angelo Santino »

Lupara wrote: Tue Dec 05, 2017 2:30 pm
Chris Christie wrote:
JCB1977 wrote:
Attaboi 1 wrote:

[snip]

Then we should put every sentence of every book, article and document that was ever written into question no matter the credibility of the source.

Concerning this matter, one could always ask Adrian Humphreys for confirmation of that particular statement.
Consider for instance Bill Bonanno's books, there's plenty to discount but then there's elements of truth. Or an FBI informant from Brooklyn who provides solid info on that borough but then identifies things inaccurately in say Harlem. Or newspapers, depending on the integrity of the author can also be laced with inaccuracies. We try to connect and confirm what we can, other times we just have to say that such and such was said. Other times we can discount things as preposterous, like one FBI informant who said the Gambino Family had 75 capos. But no source is 100% accurate. Trust but verify.
johnny_scootch
Full Patched

Post by johnny_scootch »

I don't think it was a mistake. We know there is a organizational connection between Buffalo and Toronto. I think it's a distinct possibility that the Buffalo families operations took hit after hit on the American side but continued to grow and prosper on the Canadian side. Something like the Bonannos and their Montreal crew. Who knows maybe the Canadian side took over the whole family and the leadership is on that side of the border that's why we haven't heard much about them.
SILENT PARTNERZ
Full Patched

Post by SILENT PARTNERZ »

johnny_scootch wrote: Wed Dec 06, 2017 8:27 am I don't think it was a mistake. We know there is a organizational connection between Buffalo and Toronto. I think it's a distinct possibility that the Buffalo families operations took hit after hit on the American side but continued to grow and prosper on the Canadian side. Something like the Bonannos and their Montreal crew. Who knows maybe the Canadian side took over the whole family and the leadership is on that side of the border that's why we haven't heard much about them.
Could be. The recent lists of supposed members in the Utica and Hamilton/GTA areas
seem to outnumber the listed # of men in Buffalo/Niagara.
'three can keep a secret, if two are dead'
JCB1977
Filthy Few

Post by JCB1977 »

Chris Christie wrote: Tue Dec 05, 2017 12:46 pm
JCB1977 wrote:
Attaboi 1 wrote:

[snip]

Good to see you online Chris!

-Pauly Walnuts, RIP
JCB1977
Filthy Few

Post by JCB1977 »

Lupara wrote: Tue Dec 05, 2017 2:30 pm
Chris Christie wrote:
JCB1977 wrote:
Attaboi 1 wrote:

[snip]

Long story short, I recently read the book called Little Chicago: A History of Organized Crime in New Kensington, Pennsylvania by Dennis Marsili, former detective of New Kensington PD. Immediately I recognized some wild inaccuracies. I emailed him as I had done before to share some "proof" of the inaccuracies. He told me to go fuck myself and that he spent 2 years researching it. As I stated to him, if you spent two years researching the topic, maybe it would have been more beneficial to check at least 3 other sources before printing it.

And yes, I agree, EVERY book on OC needs checked out, especially the ones written by former gangsters. There are few authors who do amazing research but some of these authors today just writing OC books are half wits who do NOT know how to research properly.

And yes, I agree that you should just ask Humphries who the subjects were that were charged.

-Pauly Walnuts, RIP
Lupara
Full Patched

Post by Lupara »

Here is the article of André Noel that mentions Desjardins' alleged trip to New York and Buffalo in the week leading up to the attempt on his life.

http://www.lapresse.ca/actualites/justi ... efendu.php
antimafia
Full Patched

Post by antimafia »

Burlington man sentenced in drug trafficking case

https://www.thestar.com/news/gta/2018/0 ... -case.html
TommyNoto
Sergeant Of Arms

Post by TommyNoto »

Can we translate Noel's article as that would change a lot IMO if NY was still involved in Montreal as the main racket
In Canada is wholesale drug dealing and I'd be interested in what that looks like today. Would not be surprised if this is tied into Gambino and Bonnano alleged strategy of growing their wholesaling acitivities today.

I always found it strange that Chicago didn't seem to have a big interest in managing large gambling networks this decade ( internet agr ) as that is the bread and butter for NY / NJ / Philly and as long as gambling is still illegal , wise guys will be there as it an lead to so many other lucrative rackets in loan sharking , money laundering and forming relationships that can lead into other interests.

In Nj the west side and luchesse are likely managing collectively several hundred million ++ in gambling action that's employing hundreds of made guys and associates. There are numerous crews handling $10m+ books and thas why it's almost impossible for the Feds to even make a dent in this racket.

Chicago always seemed to be more blue collar and a huge sharking operation but you don't see any of these 30+ persons gambling network indictments . I'm sure they have some of the action but I'm not sure they are handling the $100m type books .

Without internet gambling , the NY / NJ family sizes would be much smaller IMO and I think wise guy sports gambling revenue being bigger then in the heyday where the action was mostly in their neighborhoods but now they can get entire suburban counties like Morris in NJ. Now they don't have the big casino $ anymore but internet gambling is so big in NYC and NJ that it's likely some of the top top guys collectively could've doing $1B in action which is pretty crazy when you think about it