Nepotism in the mob

Discuss all mafia families in the U.S., Canada, Italy, and everywhere else in the world.

Moderator: Capos

pat_marcy
Associate

Re: Nepotism in the mob

Post by pat_marcy »

Jmac. Course he made money his dad was the boss. Probably set him up with loads of different connections he’d have had. He weren’t really respected in Philly was he therefore I’d say he was a nepo baby. If his dad weren’t the boss he’d have been a nobody like the rest of us.
I don’t think you necessarily need to be a tough guy committing murders to be respected. Chicago had a few top guys who weren’t really killers for example so I don’t make that argument. As for not ratting then yeah in that world that is a rarity for the time he’s done so fair play to him for that.
furiofromnaples
Full Patched

Post by furiofromnaples »

Laughmatics wrote: Mon Sep 16, 2024 12:21 pm People like to make fun of the Angiulo brothers because Jerry Angiulo bought his way in. Yet none of the brothers ever flipped and made loads of money for the Patriarca Family. Maybe not good examples of nepotism but this thread reminded me of them.
Jerry bought his way but the other brothers doesn't and was very feared and respected.
jmack
Straightened out

Post by jmack »

pat_marcy wrote: Mon Sep 16, 2024 2:38 pm Jmac. Course he made money his dad was the boss. Probably set him up with loads of different connections he’d have had. He weren’t really respected in Philly was he therefore I’d say he was a nepo baby. If his dad weren’t the boss he’d have been a nobody like the rest of us.
I don’t think you necessarily need to be a tough guy committing murders to be respected. Chicago had a few top guys who weren’t really killers for example so I don’t make that argument. As for not ratting then yeah in that world that is a rarity for the time he’s done so fair play to him for that.
What money did he make when his dad was the boss? He didn’t catch his first case until his dad was away for a few years. I am pretty up on my 80’s Scarfo era as it’s mainly what I focus on. I haven’t heard one allegation of him being involved in anything serious when his dad was still on the street. Of course he was doing little things, but nothing major. When he got to North Jersey he started a pretty big book. After he was released from that case he became capo (some years later). His multimillion dollar fraud came after his dad was away for 20+ years and nobody recognized him as boss anymore. Again, I just don’t see what you’re saying as being valid.
pat_marcy
Associate

Post by pat_marcy »

So he was a nepo baby till his dad went away you could say haha
johnny_scootch
Full Patched

Post by johnny_scootch »

pat_marcy wrote: Mon Sep 16, 2024 4:16 pm So he was a nepo baby till his dad went away you could say haha
No actually you couldn't say that at all.
Pogo The Clown
Men Of Mayhem

Post by Pogo The Clown »

Junior Gotti is a big example. He was made very young without having to do anything and very soon after was promoted to Captain (the youngest in the country) without really doing anything other than being the son of the Boss.

Pogo
It's a new morning in America... fresh, vital. The old cynicism is gone. We have faith in our leaders. We're optimistic as to what becomes of it all. It really boils down to our ability to accept. We don't need pessimism. There are no limits.
johnny_scootch
Full Patched

Post by johnny_scootch »

Pogo The Clown wrote: Mon Sep 16, 2024 5:40 pm Junior Gotti is a big example. He was made very young without having to do anything and very soon after was promoted to Captain (the youngest in the country) without really doing anything other than being the son of the Boss.

Pogo
Good call, I’d say he’s actually the poster boy for nepotism in the mafia.
Laughmatics
Associate

Post by Laughmatics »

Nicky Scarfo Jr took 5 shots from an Uzi, said nothing. Took a 30-year sentence on the chin, said nothing. And he proved that he can make money. It matters not what he did when his father was on the streets, he cut his own cloth.
pat_marcy
Associate

Post by pat_marcy »

Ok. I stand corrected. Cheers for the info boys
pat_marcy
Associate

Post by pat_marcy »

What about leonetti?
Ridgewood 79
Straightened out

Post by Ridgewood 79 »

Jr Gotti 1000 percent I seen that debacle personally just didn't wanna start a mob tube thing on this forum especially with dudes dum sister God she's stupid 😂
Adam
Sergeant Of Arms

Post by Adam »

pat_marcy wrote: Sat Sep 14, 2024 6:38 am Detroit must have a few nepo babies surely
I think for Detroit the one that sticks out is Anthony Zerilli. If not for his dad kind of seems like he would have been a nobody. Caused all kinds of problems for the family. I'd put Michael Polizzi on that list too. And Nove Tocco.
CornerBoy
Full Patched

Post by CornerBoy »

Ridgewood 79 wrote: Tue Sep 17, 2024 9:01 am Jr Gotti 1000 percent I seen that debacle personally just didn't wanna start a mob tube thing on this forum especially with dudes dum sister God she's stupid 😂
not john gotti's daughter. fbi report from the 70's talking about it that ive seen. why would the cops lie when he was just a young thug.

Junior is a rat, which i have no problem with but he shouldn't espouse all that omerta tough guy shit.

Funny how she never talks about her brother and nephew living w her mom selling oxy's, destroying HB.

Nevermentions uncle vinnie.

She's a dumb, vapid, insipid retard.
Q: What doesn't work when it's fixed?
A: A jury!