Youngstown's Naples (Pittsburgh) & Carabbia (Cleveland) War

Discuss all mafia families in the U.S., Canada, Italy, and everywhere else in the world.

Moderator: Capos

FriendofHenry
Full Patched

Re: Youngstown's Naples (Pittsburgh) & Carabbia (Cleveland) War

Post by FriendofHenry »

:)
Cheech wrote: Sat Jan 08, 2022 4:51 am
FriendofHenry wrote: Sat Jan 01, 2022 5:03 pm
Ivan wrote: Sat Jan 01, 2022 4:51 pm
Stroccos wrote: Sat Jan 01, 2022 3:19 pm
Ivan wrote: Sat Jan 01, 2022 1:19 am got some nice pictures of some of these guys from that weird one-eyed Indian reporter dude, first mugshots of several prominent guys and then young Lenny Strollo
Great photo of Strollo
Thanks. Zooming in it seems to be from 1963.

From what I understand he was actually involved even as a little kid in the 30s, running errands for the guys like Henry Hill in Goodfellas or something.
Lenny and Bernie grew up together as best friends only to have Lenny roll on Bernie for caring out his orders to wack Ernie.
Just curious; anyone besides me know any of these fine fellows? Other than the two Charlies, I knew them all and liked Bernie the most, Lenny the least!
Tell us some camping stories Foh
Thanx for a morning smile :) I'm not sure of what kinda' stories you're asking for but I can tell you that "Business" was never discussed in my presence.
"Never walk in a room unless you know your way out" - Henry Zottola
Mustangsally
Straightened out

Post by Mustangsally »

FriendofHenry wrote: Sat Jan 08, 2022 5:20 am :)
Cheech wrote: Sat Jan 08, 2022 4:51 am
FriendofHenry wrote: Sat Jan 01, 2022 5:03 pm
Ivan wrote: Sat Jan 01, 2022 4:51 pm
Stroccos wrote: Sat Jan 01, 2022 3:19 pm
Ivan wrote: Sat Jan 01, 2022 1:19 am got some nice pictures of some of these guys from that weird one-eyed Indian reporter dude, first mugshots of several prominent guys and then young Lenny Strollo
Great photo of Strollo
Thanks. Zooming in it seems to be from 1963.

From what I understand he was actually involved even as a little kid in the 30s, running errands for the guys like Henry Hill in Goodfellas or something.
Lenny and Bernie grew up together as best friends only to have Lenny roll on Bernie for caring out his orders to wack Ernie.
Just curious; anyone besides me know any of these fine fellows? Other than the two Charlies, I knew them all and liked Bernie the most, Lenny the least!
Tell us some camping stories Foh
Thanx for a morning smile :) I'm not sure of what kinda' stories you're asking for but I can tell you that "Business" was never discussed in my presence.
I drive by charlies roost a dozen or so times a year on the way to my hunting camp. If those 4 walls could talk! It looks good too. The current owners keep it nice
Ivan
Full Patched

Post by Ivan »

Since we're on the subject of Youngstown, this is worth a watch. I don't think the guy with the hat is Joey Naples.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nKZS6tLUXnk
Instagram-loving wiseguy of the blood-drenched Boardwalk Syndicate
FriendofHenry
Full Patched

Post by FriendofHenry »

That's the firs time I've seen his, how interesting. BTW: I don't think that was Joey either.
Ivan
Full Patched

Post by Ivan »

FriendofHenry wrote: Sun Jan 09, 2022 10:46 am That's the firs time I've seen his, how interesting. BTW: I don't think that was Joey either.
Yeah it's a weird story. The bad cops are fucking hilarious, imagine having to deal with those guys. ("If this checks out, okay. But if not... you guys are in trouble.") It might be possible to ID them if you look up any Campbell cops that Strollo gave up.

I think the guy in the hat is too big to be "Little Joey", yes?
Instagram-loving wiseguy of the blood-drenched Boardwalk Syndicate
FriendofHenry
Full Patched

Post by FriendofHenry »

Ivan wrote: Sun Jan 09, 2022 12:27 pm
FriendofHenry wrote: Sun Jan 09, 2022 10:46 am That's the firs time I've seen his, how interesting. BTW: I don't think that was Joey either.
Yeah it's a weird story. The bad cops are fucking hilarious, imagine having to deal with those guys. ("If this checks out, okay. But if not... you guys are in trouble.") It might be possible to ID them if you look up any Campbell cops that Strollo gave up.

I think the guy in the hat is too big to be "Little Joey", yes?
You might not be aware that Campbell was known as Lenny's independent State of Ohio. They were all Lenny's cops ;)
Only because Dominick Mallamo was the man, I wouldn't think that was him, but who knows?
FriendofHenry
Full Patched

Post by FriendofHenry »

Maybe Paul Romeo?
FriendofHenry
Full Patched

Post by FriendofHenry »

Maybe Paul Romeo?
coldshoulder
On Record

Post by coldshoulder »

Yep, my avatar is Little Joey Naples, only because I'm a Youngstown-area guy and he was among the area's most powerful and well-known mobster from the late 60's up until his death in 1991.

And I'm no expert, but there's no way the guy in the video is Joey, those guys who made that video certainly have a wild imagination. There's literally no circumstance whereby Naples would have been randomly hanging out on or near that street in Campbell, especially not without his ever-present bodyguard/driver. Joey was nothing if not extremely cautious and careful.

But those "amateur" film-makers got their fantasy kicks.
FriendofHenry
Full Patched

Post by FriendofHenry »

coldshoulder wrote: Sun Jan 09, 2022 3:29 pm Yep, my avatar is Little Joey Naples, only because I'm a Youngstown-area guy and he was among the area's most powerful and well-known mobster from the late 60's up until his death in 1991.

And I'm no expert, but there's no way the guy in the video is Joey, those guys who made that video certainly have a wild imagination. There's literally no circumstance whereby Naples would have been randomly hanging out on or near that street in Campbell, especially not without his ever-present bodyguard/driver. Joey was nothing if not extremely cautious and careful.

Maybe you could tell us who was always with Joey?
coldshoulder
On Record

Post by coldshoulder »

FriendofHenry wrote: Sun Jan 09, 2022 4:00 pm
coldshoulder wrote: Sun Jan 09, 2022 3:29 pm Yep, my avatar is Little Joey Naples, only because I'm a Youngstown-area guy and he was among the area's most powerful and well-known mobster from the late 60's up until his death in 1991.

Maybe you could tell us who was always with Joey?
C'mon, FOH, you know :?. Are you testing me again? Joey's driver and bodyguard was Paul "Pinto" Holovatick, who lived just a few doors down from Joey on Youngstown's Northside, and who is referenced in the fourth-to-last paragraph of the magazine article that was the subject of this thread topic. He was also identified as such in various FBI affidavits and newspaper stories from that era.
FriendofHenry
Full Patched

Post by FriendofHenry »

Ok, then my friend lived next door to Joey on Carlotta. Joey was his oldest son's God Father. Might you know who my friend was?
coldshoulder
On Record

Post by coldshoulder »

FriendofHenry wrote: Sun Jan 09, 2022 6:06 pm Ok, then my friend lived next door to Joey on Carlotta. Joey was his oldest son's God Father. Might you know who my friend was?
Well, you stumped me on this one. I have no clue. I'd probably recognize the name, but understandably you may not want to divulge it. Maybe give me a hint.
FriendofHenry
Full Patched

Post by FriendofHenry »

Bobby...How's that for a clue?
coldshoulder
On Record

Post by coldshoulder »

Bobby Poghen ? That's all I got.