Youngstown's Naples (Pittsburgh) & Carabbia (Cleveland) War

Discuss all mafia families in the U.S., Canada, Italy, and everywhere else in the world.

Moderator: Capos

Ivan
Full Patched

Re: Youngstown's Naples (Pittsburgh) & Carabbia (Cleveland) War

Post by Ivan »

got some nice pictures of some of these guys from that weird one-eyed Indian reporter dude, first mugshots of several prominent guys and then young Lenny Strollo
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Instagram-loving wiseguy of the blood-drenched Boardwalk Syndicate
Patrickgold
Full Patched

Post by Patrickgold »

Stroccos wrote: Sat Jan 01, 2022 12:29 am
Ivan wrote: Fri Dec 31, 2021 9:01 pm Cleveland did stop getting a cut eventually, yes? Probably after the Licavoli convictions?

I can't really picture Cleveland getting a cut in the Strollo era.

Of course no one gets a cut anywhere now. Probably not a bad time for independent bookies & sharks in the Valley.
Tronolone got it when he became boss, don’t know when it ended probably in the late 80’s early 90’s if I had to guess
Sounds like these guys killed off their own recruits. Now they are nothing. Not the brightest thing to do. And if Cleveland let it happen, then they are not much smarter
Stroccos
Full Patched

Post by Stroccos »

Ivan wrote: Sat Jan 01, 2022 1:19 am got some nice pictures of some of these guys from that weird one-eyed Indian reporter dude, first mugshots of several prominent guys and then young Lenny Strollo
Great photo of Strollo
"if he's such A sports wizard , whys he tending bar ?" Nicky Scarfo
Ivan
Full Patched

Post by Ivan »

Stroccos wrote: Sat Jan 01, 2022 3:19 pm
Ivan wrote: Sat Jan 01, 2022 1:19 am got some nice pictures of some of these guys from that weird one-eyed Indian reporter dude, first mugshots of several prominent guys and then young Lenny Strollo
Great photo of Strollo
Thanks. Zooming in it seems to be from 1963.

From what I understand he was actually involved even as a little kid in the 30s, running errands for the guys like Henry Hill in Goodfellas or something.
FriendofHenry
Full Patched

Post by FriendofHenry »

Ivan wrote: Sat Jan 01, 2022 4:51 pm
Great photo of Strollo

From what I understand he was actually involved even as a little kid in the 30s, running errands for the guys like Henry Hill in Goodfellas or something.
Lenny and Bernie grew up together as best friends only to have Lenny roll on Bernie for caring out his orders to wack Ernie.
Just curious; anyone besides me know any of these fine fellows? Other than the two Charlies, I knew them all and liked Bernie the most, Lenny the least!
"Never walk in a room unless you know your way out" - Henry Zottola
The Greek
Straightened out

Post by The Greek »

FriendofHenry wrote: Sat Jan 01, 2022 5:03 pm
Great photo of Strollo

Lenny and Bernie grew up together as best friends only to have Lenny roll on Bernie for caring out his orders to wack Ernie.
Just curious; anyone besides me know any of these fine fellows? Other than the two Charlies, I knew them all and liked Bernie the most, Lenny the least!
I went to All American Club when I was a teenager w my Dad and some Campbell Greeks but the only one I remember knowing/seeing was Frankie Lentin. I do know for a fact that these guys all used to play in a card game at the Phoenix Rest in Sharon though..
Mustangsally
Straightened out

Post by Mustangsally »

I can't figure out this old school image upload system. If you hit the link, it goes to NY 2300, and describes a group in 1960s Youngtown targeting LCN members for assassination. It was big enough a deal that it made it to the commission. Any idea who this group was comprised of?

ext/dmzx/imageupload/files/14e30b3da487 ... f30ac4.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Ivan
Full Patched

Post by Ivan »

I've seen this before and I have no idea who it is talking about.
FriendofHenry
Full Patched

Post by FriendofHenry »

Ivan wrote: Tue Jan 04, 2022 11:07 am I've seen this before and I have no idea who it is talking about.
Me either, maybe JCB or Stroccos might know who?
Stroccos
Full Patched

Post by Stroccos »

FriendofHenry wrote: Tue Jan 04, 2022 11:34 am
Ivan wrote: Tue Jan 04, 2022 11:07 am I've seen this before and I have no idea who it is talking about.
it says on the first page of the document , the group is onorata societa , durnig this time was when the bombing war was going on , the naples brothers and the various bombings, could they be referring to the vince deniro or cadillac charlie hits
FriendofHenry
Full Patched

Post by FriendofHenry »

Stroccos wrote: Wed Jan 05, 2022 12:16 am
it says on the first page of the document , the group is onorata societa , durnig this time was when the bombing war was going on , the naples brothers and the various bombings, could they be referring to the vince deniro or cadillac charlie hits
Yes, that makes perfect sense.
coldshoulder
On Record

Post by coldshoulder »

FriendofHenry wrote: Wed Jan 05, 2022 4:56 am
I agree, the DeNiro and Cavallaro bombing murders, along with the Billy Naples bombing, are all of a piece of the same pie, and obviously attracted the attention of higher-ups.

I went to the Mary Ferrell site, punched in 'Vince DeNiro Bombing' and came up with this first hit, which turns out to be quite the background on the Youngstown underworld in the early 1960's. It's funny that Charlie Carabbia is cited here as one who might meet a certain fate if he continued to run his mouth. Which was the one of the main reasons he was ultimately taken out, but not until 16 years later in 1980.

https://www.maryferrell.org/showDoc.htm ... %20Bombing

and here: https://www.maryferrell.org/showDoc.htm ... %20Bombing
Stroccos
Full Patched

Post by Stroccos »

coldshoulder wrote: Wed Jan 05, 2022 7:11 pm
I agree, the DeNiro and Cavallaro bombing murders, along with the Billy Naples bombing, are all of a piece of the same pie, and obviously attracted the attention of higher-ups.

I went to the Mary Ferrell site, punched in 'Vince DeNiro Bombing' and came up with this first hit, which turns out to be quite the background on the Youngstown underworld in the early 1960's. It's funny that Charlie Carabbia is cited here as one who might meet a certain fate if he continued to run his mouth. Which was the one of the main reasons he was ultimately taken out, but not until 16 years later in 1980.

His fatal mistake was keeping the mobs money , couldnt get out of that one, as you said it goes to show they probably wanted to whack him for a long time

did carabbia have anything to do with any of the naples hits ?
FriendofHenry
Full Patched

Post by FriendofHenry »

Stroccos wrote: Thu Jan 06, 2022 10:23 am
coldshoulder wrote: Wed Jan 05, 2022 7:11 pm

His fatal mistake was keeping the mobs money , couldnt get out of that one, as you said it goes to show they probably wanted to whack him for a long tim ;)

did carabbia have anything to do with any of the naples hits ?
Keeping the mob's money, Two Gun Jimmy's money, by it self would be a death sentence!

As far as Carabbia having anything to do with any of the Naples hits the only people that know are longer with us ;)
Cheech
Full Patched

Post by Cheech »

FriendofHenry wrote: Sat Jan 01, 2022 5:03 pm
Great photo of Strollo

Tell us some camping stories Foh
I'll race you around the corner for fuckin $400 - the skinny