Sonny Ciancutti died (Pittsburgh)

Discuss all mafia families in the U.S., Canada, Italy, and everywhere else in the world.

Moderator: Capos

Wiseguy
Filthy Few

Re: Sonny Ciancutti died (Pittsburgh)

Post by Wiseguy »

FriendofHenry wrote: Thu Jul 15, 2021 7:43 am
furiofromnaples wrote: Thu Jul 15, 2021 7:34 am
FriendofHenry wrote: Thu Jul 15, 2021 7:14 am
furiofromnaples wrote: Thu Jul 15, 2021 6:42 am
FriendofHenry wrote: Thu Jul 15, 2021 4:55 am
furiofromnaples wrote: Thu Jul 15, 2021 3:13 am FriendofHenry why after 2006 Ciancutti and the other old wiseguys never tried to rebuilt the mob family?
Like what couple of "old wiseguys" left that would need or even want to rebuild?
There was no associates or sons of wiseguys to made?
Get ready for this: Michael's last guy made was Henry when he sent him to Youngstown to keep an eye on Lenny after he had Ernie hit.
There was also some question after Joey got shot. Turns out Michael was not involved with that one.
Keep in mind that one of Pittsburgh's biggest money makers, The All American Club was still up and productive.
Like what associates or sons of old wiseguys would he have made or even want to be made?
The last thing Michael wanted was any more Fed attention or adverse publicity.
Ok I read that rusty Iannelli get 10 years for gambling,so can say that there are still an italian underground but prefer to don't be made for avoid the Rico?
BINGO ;)
I don't know if I'd even go as far as to call it an Italian underground. More like independent operators, some of whom happen to be Italian. And some of those may have familial or past business ties to deceased mafiosi. And whether someone would want to be made or not, there's nobody to make them or organization to be made into.
All roads lead to New York.
FriendofHenry
Full Patched

Post by FriendofHenry »

Wiseguy wrote: Thu Jul 15, 2021 10:29 am
FriendofHenry wrote: Thu Jul 15, 2021 7:43 am
furiofromnaples wrote: Thu Jul 15, 2021 7:34 am
furiofromnaples wrote: Thu Jul 15, 2021 3:13 am FriendofHenry why after 2006 Ciancutti and the other old wiseguys never tried to rebuilt the mob family?
Like what couple of "old wiseguys" left that would need or even want to rebuild?
Get ready for this: Michael's last guy made was Henry when he sent him to Youngstown to keep an eye on Lenny after he had Ernie hit.
There was also some question after Joey got shot. Turns out Michael was not involved with that one.
Keep in mind that one of Pittsburgh's biggest money makers, The All American Club was still up and productive.
Like what associates or sons of old wiseguys would he have made or even want to be made?
Ok I read that rusty Iannelli get 10 years for gambling,so can say that there are still an italian underground but prefer to don't be made for avoid the Rico?
BINGO ;)
I don't know if I'd even go as far as to call it an Italian underground. More like independent operators, some of whom happen to be Italian. And some of those may have familial or past business ties to deceased mafiosi. And whether someone would want to be made or not, there's nobody to make them or organization to be made into.
Independent Operators is a better way to describe what's left.
"Never walk in a room unless you know your way out" - Henry Zottola
Ruggiero
Straightened out

Post by Ruggiero »

Mustangsally wrote: Tue Jul 13, 2021 12:49 pm To sonny's credit, this is only the second picture I've ever seen of him, besides the one where he is in a mugshot in the 60s or 70s. Does anyone know if there are other pictures of him out there from his 2000 bust or earlier?
I have a photo from the 60s or 50s (not sure which) I can share with you.

Not much but I hope it helps.

Thanks, Rugg..
Adam
Sergeant Of Arms

Post by Adam »

Thanks for the info. Just want to be clear here. Zottolo was made? I think most of us had been under the impression the last members inducted were Strollo, Naples, Ciancutti and Raucci. In 1987? So there was a ceremony after that?
FriendofHenry
Full Patched

Post by FriendofHenry »

Henry had fought the "thing" for decades as he thought all it did was bring more Federal heat and put the Rico card in play. However when Michael began to have serious concerns as to what Lenny would or wouldn't do and Charlie was more or less retired, he sent Henry to town on almost a daily basis to keep an eye on Lenny. Michael knew that Lenny would only fully listen to and respect another made man. I have no idea if any kind of ceremony was involved and in fact I first heard of Henry being made from Bernie the Jew. When I talked to Henry about it he told me that it was time and he had a chance to make some real money that he sorely needed for a bone marrow transplant. He had cancer and in fact died from cancer. He died a made man.
Adam
Sergeant Of Arms

Post by Adam »

Sorry, just to be clear, "Charlie" is Charlie Porter?
Stroccos
Full Patched

Post by Stroccos »

here is a chart from 1989 from the PA Crime commission

includes Zebo but no strollo or joey Naples.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
"if he's such A sports wizard , whys he tending bar ?" Nicky Scarfo
Ruggiero
Straightened out

Post by Ruggiero »

Stroccos wrote: Sun Jul 18, 2021 10:55 pm here is a chart from 1989 from the PA Crime commission

includes Zebo but no strollo or joey Naples.
I was confused when I stumbled upon the chart.
I can see why Strollo wasn't included, as I'm pretty sure he was made in '89 (maybe they didn't have knowledge of him being made at that point)
but no sign of Imburgia either which is strange to me, as he was a pretty influential member being adviser.
FriendofHenry
Full Patched

Post by FriendofHenry »

Adam wrote: Sun Jul 18, 2021 9:03 pm Sorry, just to be clear, "Charlie" is Charlie Porter?
Charlie as in Charlie Murgie, Micheal's Consigliere. Michael was careful to use both Charlie and Henry to communicate with Lenny.
For years, because Charlie was in fact superior to Lenny, Charlie kept an eye on Lenny for Michael.
When the shit really hit the fan starting with Lenny having Ernie whacked, Charlie was pretty much retired in Florida. Thus Henry being upped.
FriendofFamily
Full Patched

Post by FriendofFamily »

OcSleeper wrote:
Ivan wrote: Tue Jul 13, 2021 12:36 am
FriendofHenry wrote: Mon Jul 12, 2021 6:51 pm
Wiseguy wrote: Mon Jul 12, 2021 6:38 pm The last of the Mohicans.

Pittsburgh joins Scranton, Milwaukee, Dallas, Denver, San Francisco and San Jose as cities with no living members.
Yup, all them Pittsburgh Mohicans are now dead Braves and Chiefs :(
Looks like Cleveland just now won their long rivalry by default. I wonder what Papalardo is up to besides enjoying his money LOL.
What's left of Cleveland? Isn't it just a handful of guys?
Yes there are a few guys still doing Book 100% sure of that.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

Know which Game to Play
FriendofFamily
Full Patched

Post by FriendofFamily »

You had Pat Ferruccio as Consigliere for Pittsburgh for a very short time until his indictment back I think around 1993. Our Attorney friend Howard Allison represented him in a couple of matters. Pat was with Cleveland until the falling out happened with Cleveland and then eventually moved on to Pittsburgh after Cleveland imploded.
Know which Game to Play
FriendofFamily
Full Patched

Post by FriendofFamily »

FriendofFamily wrote: Mon Jul 19, 2021 6:08 am You had Pat Ferruccio as Consigliere for Pittsburgh for a very short time until his indictment back I think around 1993. Our Attorney friend Howard Allison represented him in a couple of matters. Pat was with Cleveland until the falling out happened with Cleveland and then eventually moved on to Pittsburgh after Cleveland imploded. His son knows better than to be LCN. He can make good money doing what he is doing.
Know which Game to Play
Pogo The Clown
Men Of Mayhem

Post by Pogo The Clown »

Wiseguy wrote: Tue Jul 13, 2021 1:11 pm The feds had the family at 13 members in 1990. By the late 1990s Porter and Strollo had flipped and the remaining members below would die off afterwards.

1. Frank Amato Jr. (2003)
2. John Bazzano Jr. (2008)
3. Anthony Capizzi (2007)
4. Eugene Chiarelli (2001)
5. Thomas Ciancutti (2021)
6. Pasquale Ferruccio (2004)
7. Michael Genovese (2006)
8. Charles Imburgia (2002)
9. Antonio Ripepi (2000)

Too add to this here are the members who died from 1980-1999.

Samuel Fashionatta
Sebastian “John” LaRocca (1984)
Gabriel “Kelly” Mannarino (1980)
Joseph Napoli (1991) (Killed)
Joseph “JoJo” Pecora (1987)
Vincenzo “Jimmy” Prato (1988)
Louis Raucci (1995)
Joe Regino
Joseph Sica (1991)
Michael Trafficante
Louis Volpe
Henry “Zebo” Zottola (1998)

I'm sure I'm missing some. Does anyone have the death year for the members up top? Thanks.

Pogo
It's a new morning in America... fresh, vital. The old cynicism is gone. We have faith in our leaders. We're optimistic as to what becomes of it all. It really boils down to our ability to accept. We don't need pessimism. There are no limits.
Mustangsally
Straightened out

Post by Mustangsally »

Pogo The Clown wrote: Mon Jul 19, 2021 8:27 pm
Wiseguy wrote: Tue Jul 13, 2021 1:11 pm The feds had the family at 13 members in 1990. By the late 1990s Porter and Strollo had flipped and the remaining members below would die off afterwards.

1. Frank Amato Jr. (2003)
2. John Bazzano Jr. (2008)
3. Anthony Capizzi (2007)
4. Eugene Chiarelli (2001)
5. Thomas Ciancutti (2021)
6. Pasquale Ferruccio (2004)
7. Michael Genovese (2006)
8. Charles Imburgia (2002)
9. Antonio Ripepi (2000)

Too add to this here are the members who died from 1980-1999.

Samuel Fashionatta
Sebastian “John” LaRocca (1984)
Gabriel “Kelly” Mannarino (1980)
Joseph Napoli (1991) (Killed)
Joseph “JoJo” Pecora (1987)
Vincenzo “Jimmy” Prato (1988)
Louis Raucci (1995)
Joe Regino
Joseph Sica (1991)
Michael Trafficante
Louis Volpe
Henry “Zebo” Zottola (1998)

I'm sure I'm missing some. Does anyone have the death year for the members up top? Thanks.

Pogo
Joe regino died in 85
Ivan
Full Patched

Post by Ivan »

FriendofFamily wrote: Mon Jul 19, 2021 5:54 am
OcSleeper wrote:
Ivan wrote: Tue Jul 13, 2021 12:36 am
FriendofHenry wrote: Mon Jul 12, 2021 6:51 pm
Wiseguy wrote: Mon Jul 12, 2021 6:38 pm The last of the Mohicans.

Pittsburgh joins Scranton, Milwaukee, Dallas, Denver, San Francisco and San Jose as cities with no living members.
Yup, all them Pittsburgh Mohicans are now dead Braves and Chiefs :(
Looks like Cleveland just now won their long rivalry by default. I wonder what Papalardo is up to besides enjoying his money LOL.
What's left of Cleveland? Isn't it just a handful of guys?
Yes there are a few guys still doing Book 100% sure of that.
Guys that "Cleveland won by default" comment was a joke.
EYYYY ALL YOU CHOOCHES OUT THERE IT'S THE KID