Sonny Ciancutti died (Pittsburgh)

Discuss all mafia families in the U.S., Canada, Italy, and everywhere else in the world.

Moderator: Capos

Ivan
Full Patched

Re: Sonny Ciancutti died (Pittsburgh)

Post by Ivan »

FriendofHenry wrote: Mon Jul 12, 2021 6:51 pm
Wiseguy wrote: Mon Jul 12, 2021 6:38 pm The last of the Mohicans.

Pittsburgh joins Scranton, Milwaukee, Dallas, Denver, San Francisco and San Jose as cities with no living members.
Yup, all them Pittsburgh Mohicans are now dead Braves and Chiefs :(
Looks like Cleveland just now won their long rivalry by default. I wonder what Papalardo is up to besides enjoying his money LOL.

Pittsburgh joins Scranton, Milwaukee, Dallas, Denver, San Francisco and San Jose as cities with no living members.
I doubt if there are any Birmingham Family made guys left, either. :lol:

Are there still Rockford, Madison, and Springfield guys still alive? (Assuming those were separate families and not Outfit satellites.)
Last edited by Ivan on Tue Jul 13, 2021 12:39 am, edited 1 time in total.
EYYYY ALL YOU CHOOCHES OUT THERE IT'S THE KID
Ruggiero
Straightened out

Post by Ruggiero »

Mustangsally wrote: Mon Jul 12, 2021 3:22 pm
Ivan wrote: Mon Jul 12, 2021 3:08 pm Was he the last made guy left alive? I can't remember (or even remember if he was actually made lol).
Yes, he and lenny strollo were the last two. Its officially done in the burgh.

If anyone has knowledge, was he still making book? Or did that end in 2000?
:cry: :cry:
OcSleeper
Full Patched

Post by OcSleeper »

Ivan wrote: Tue Jul 13, 2021 12:36 am
FriendofHenry wrote: Mon Jul 12, 2021 6:51 pm

Yup, all them Pittsburgh Mohicans are now dead Braves and Chiefs :(
Looks like Cleveland just now won their long rivalry by default. I wonder what Papalardo is up to besides enjoying his money LOL.
What's left of Cleveland? Isn't it just a handful of guys?
Pogo The Clown
Men Of Mayhem

Post by Pogo The Clown »

Wiseguy wrote: Mon Jul 12, 2021 10:15 pm It's possible but a couple things make me skeptical. First, unlike those other families, I'm not sure a single living member in Milwaukee can be positively identified at this point. Second, after the vending machine and Vegas skim cases against Balistrieri in the mid-1980s, can anyone even think of another mob case out of Milwaukee after that? I can't.

There were two Milwaukee guys (associates or members?) busted for dealing cocaine in 1988 and I vaguely recall a gambling case in 1990. Nothing after that that I can think of.

Ivan wrote: Tue Jul 13, 2021 12:36 am I doubt if there are any Birmingham Family made guys left, either. :lol:

Are there still Rockford, Madison, and Springfield guys still alive? (Assuming those were separate families and not Outfit satellites.)

They were seperate families. Pretty sure Madison and Springfield are long gone. They were among the first families to croak. The 10 renaming I Nsdison members were pretty old when they disbanded in the early 1970s. Don't know about Rockford.

OcSleeper wrote: Tue Jul 13, 2021 11:22 am What's left of Cleveland? Isn't it just a handful of guys?

Two or three living members. One of who (Ronnnie Carabbia) lives in Flrodia if I'm not mistaken. Ivan was joking. :mrgreen:

Technically Scaranton still has a living member in Billy D'Elia. Although he is an informant.

Pogo
It's a new morning in America... fresh, vital. The old cynicism is gone. We have faith in our leaders. We're optimistic as to what becomes of it all. It really boils down to our ability to accept. We don't need pessimism. There are no limits.
OcSleeper
Full Patched

Post by OcSleeper »

Ahh thanks. I never had much interest in many of the smaller midwest families so I wasn't sure.
Newyorkempire
Full Patched

Post by Newyorkempire »

Wait...and we know there is no Made guys left in Pittsburgh how? Oh wait, we don't. Nor do you know anything else unless you are part of the Mafia and have inside information what remaining family members from these cities have done with ranks, members and associates. Who decides on this forum that no making ceremonies were held in the last 20, 10, 5 years? This self appointed overlord title on here is ridiculous.
"Dont leave me alone with your wife."
OcSleeper
Full Patched

Post by OcSleeper »

Newyorkempire wrote: Tue Jul 13, 2021 11:48 am Wait...and we know there is no Made guys left in Pittsburgh how? Oh wait, we don't. Nor do you know anything else unless you are part of the Mafia and have inside information what remaining family members from these cities have done with ranks, members and associates. Who decides on this forum that no making ceremonies were held in the last 20, 10, 5 years? This self appointed overlord title on here is ridiculous.

Geez man give it a break already. You're just looking to instigate arguments now
thesociety 89
Straightened out

Post by thesociety 89 »

Think the commission put a block on them making anyone new. Allegedly
Mustangsally
Straightened out

Post by Mustangsally »

Newyorkempire wrote: Tue Jul 13, 2021 11:48 am Wait...and we know there is no Made guys left in Pittsburgh how? Oh wait, we don't. Nor do you know anything else unless you are part of the Mafia and have inside information what remaining family members from these cities have done with ranks, members and associates. Who decides on this forum that no making ceremonies were held in the last 20, 10, 5 years? This self appointed overlord title on here is ridiculous.
If you have concrete evidence of more made members who were inducted in Pittsburgh, then by all means, share it. If you just think more people were made because it makes you feel better, then drop it. I've seen you stalk other threads with this same nonsense about imaginary induction ceremonies.
Last edited by Mustangsally on Tue Jul 13, 2021 12:09 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Wiseguy
Filthy Few

Post by Wiseguy »

Buffalo...Pittsburgh...is there any city your mob fanboy delusions don't extend to? Yeah, frigging Pittsburgh held a ceremony just last week. :roll:

Seriously, until you're ready to join reality, you need to keep your ass over on GBB.
All roads lead to New York.
chin_gigante
Full Patched

Post by chin_gigante »

In 2000, FBI agent Roger Greenbank said the Pittsburgh family was not inducting any new members, and the remaining handful of members that were still around were all old men. Nothing has come out since then about that changing
'You don't go crucifying people outside a church; not on Good Friday.'
Pogo The Clown
Men Of Mayhem

Post by Pogo The Clown »

Rooster is off his meds again. :lol:

Pogo
It's a new morning in America... fresh, vital. The old cynicism is gone. We have faith in our leaders. We're optimistic as to what becomes of it all. It really boils down to our ability to accept. We don't need pessimism. There are no limits.
Mustangsally
Straightened out

Post by Mustangsally »

To sonny's credit, this is only the second picture I've ever seen of him, besides the one where he is in a mugshot in the 60s or 70s. Does anyone know if there are other pictures of him out there from his 2000 bust or earlier?
Wiseguy
Filthy Few

Post by Wiseguy »

chin_gigante wrote: Tue Jul 13, 2021 12:15 pm In 2000, FBI agent Roger Greenbank said the Pittsburgh family was not inducting any new members, and the remaining handful of members that were still around were all old men. Nothing has come out since then about that changing
The feds had the family at 13 members in 1990. By the late 1990s Porter and Strollo had flipped and the remaining members below would die off afterwards.

1. Frank Amato Jr. (2003)
2. John Bazzano Jr. (2008)
3. Anthony Capizzi (2007)
4. Eugene Chiarelli (2001)
5. Thomas Ciancutti (2021)
6. Pasquale Ferruccio (2004)
7. Michael Genovese (2006)
8. Charles Imburgia (2002)
9. Antonio Ripepi (2000)

It seems Ciancutti was the last living member for a long time. He was also the only member indicted since 2000.

All this tells an honest, objective observer all they need to know.
Wiseguy
Filthy Few

Post by Wiseguy »

Ivan wrote: Tue Jul 13, 2021 12:36 amAre there still Rockford, Madison, and Springfield guys still alive? (Assuming those were separate families and not Outfit satellites.)
They're long gone.
Pogo The Clown wrote: Tue Jul 13, 2021 11:36 amThere were two Milwaukee guys (associates or members?) busted for dealing cocaine in 1988 and I vaguely recall a gambling case in 1990. Nothing after that that I can think of.
Are you referring to the cocaine case with Anthony Pipito and Joseph Basile? It was around 1984/1985, about the same time as those other cases.

I'll see what I can dig up about any gambling cases I'm 1990 or thereabouts.