Buffalo/Ontario Mob Acitivity

Discuss all mafia families in the U.S., Canada, Italy, and everywhere else in the world.

Moderator: Capos

Wiseguy
Filthy Few

Re: Buffalo/Ontario Mob Acitivity

Post by Wiseguy »

Pogo The Clown wrote: Fri Mar 19, 2021 9:20 amBecause this whole story has more holes in it than Swiss cheese. First off that map doesn't look like it came from the FBI considering it is riddled with very obvious errors. Secondly if an Italian website was able to get it from them you'd figure one of the American journalists or news sites would have gotten it first. Thirdly the idea that an Italian national in Italy has such a close connection to someone in the NY FBI LCN squad itself stretches credulity. How would that even come about in the first place? Like I said it takes American researchers months and even years of jumping through hopes just to get stuff that is decades old but a foreigner placing a call from a foreign country can just get an FBI agent to comment on current information in a matter hours? Add it all together and the whole thing doesn't pass the smell test. Carry on.

Pogo
I mentioned some time ago how, just for kicks, I emailed several FBI offices asking for membership totals of the local LCN in their area. None responded except for the Tampa office who said they don't release that info to the public.
Last edited by Wiseguy on Fri Mar 19, 2021 12:11 pm, edited 1 time in total.
All roads lead to New York.
B.
Men Of Mayhem

Post by B. »

SonnyBlackstein wrote: Fri Mar 19, 2021 9:49 am @B: When we consider the Violi Bonanno vs Buffalo question, we are neglecting the elephant in the room answer. The Bonannos either ordered or sanctioned clipping his father. That would be more than enough reason to not wish to join a family you would assume.
Ask Jerry D'Aquila, Paul Zaccaria, David Rava, the Narducci brothers, and dozens more guys the same question. That never stopped an aspiring mafioso from joining a family. These guys don't think like you and I do. Joe Violi might well consider it an honor to be given the option of joining the same family as his father and their friends the Cotronis.
calabrianwatch wrote: Fri Mar 19, 2021 9:42 am This is beyond ridiculous. We are in the age of travels and internet, and you have no clue who I am and what I do and did in my life or where I lived or worked. Do you think Italians in Italy have never studied, worked or lived in NYC? And if so, why? FBI agents are real people you know? You meet them in different professional and personal occasions. That has nothing to do with the wonderful work that some of you guys do with the FBI getting info through the official channels. I find absolutely phenomenal that I even have to explain that. But as I said, it's your call, I know who I am and I stand by what I said, if you don't believe it I think it is arbitrary, as I have just taken participation to this forum for what I thought was a community of people with similar interests sharing info and trusting each other to be in good faith. Good day.
If you're who I think you are, and I won't name your name of course, then I believe you have a wide range of contacts that contribute to your research.

You've already proven yourself as a highly competent 'ndrangheta researcher and asset to the board, so don't worry about it. You've conducted yourself well on here.
calabrianwatch
Straightened out

Post by calabrianwatch »

B. wrote: Fri Mar 19, 2021 12:10 pm
SonnyBlackstein wrote: Fri Mar 19, 2021 9:49 am @B: When we consider the Violi Bonanno vs Buffalo question, we are neglecting the elephant in the room answer. The Bonannos either ordered or sanctioned clipping his father. That would be more than enough reason to not wish to join a family you would assume.
Ask Jerry D'Aquila, Paul Zaccaria, David Rava, the Narducci brothers, and dozens more guys the same question. That never stopped an aspiring mafioso from joining a family. These guys don't think like you and I do. Joe Violi might well consider it an honor to be given the option of joining the same family as his father and their friends the Cotronis.
calabrianwatch wrote: Fri Mar 19, 2021 9:42 am This is beyond ridiculous. We are in the age of travels and internet, and you have no clue who I am and what I do and did in my life or where I lived or worked. Do you think Italians in Italy have never studied, worked or lived in NYC? And if so, why? FBI agents are real people you know? You meet them in different professional and personal occasions. That has nothing to do with the wonderful work that some of you guys do with the FBI getting info through the official channels. I find absolutely phenomenal that I even have to explain that. But as I said, it's your call, I know who I am and I stand by what I said, if you don't believe it I think it is arbitrary, as I have just taken participation to this forum for what I thought was a community of people with similar interests sharing info and trusting each other to be in good faith. Good day.
If you're who I think you are, and I won't name your name of course, then I believe you have a wide range of contacts that contribute to your research.

You've already proven yourself as a highly competent 'ndrangheta researcher and asset to the board, so don't worry about it. You've conducted yourself well on here.
Wow this is mysterious - I have no clue what you mean about who I am but surely I conduct myself as I think is appropriate in a forum like this one. I am here to learn what I don't know and to push my thinking further about what I think I know, and to do that I use, like you guys, many sources assuming that you do the same!
calabrianwatch
Straightened out

Post by calabrianwatch »

Wiseguy wrote: Fri Mar 19, 2021 12:10 pm
Pogo The Clown wrote: Fri Mar 19, 2021 9:20 amBecause this whole story has more holes in it than Swiss cheese. First off that map doesn't look like it came from the FBI considering it is riddled with very obvious errors. Secondly if an Italian website was able to get it from them you'd figure one of the American journalists or news sites would have gotten it first. Thirdly the idea that an Italian national in Italy has such a close connection to someone in the NY FBI LCN squad itself stretches credulity. How would that even come about in the first place? Like I said it takes American researchers months and even years of jumping through hopes just to get stuff that is decades old but a foreigner placing a call from a foreign country can just get an FBI agent to comment on current information in a matter hours? Add it all together and the whole thing doesn't pass the smell test. Carry on.

Pogo
I mentioned some time ago how, just for kicks, I emailed several FBI offices asking for membership totals of the local LCN in their area. None responded except for the Tampa office who said they don't release that info to the public.
yep, which is why I asked the question via whatsapp to someone I know personally and not to the FBI offices!!!! They would not respond to me either clearly...
B.
Men Of Mayhem

Post by B. »

calabrianwatch wrote: Fri Mar 19, 2021 12:16 pm Wow this is mysterious - I have no clue what you mean about who I am but surely I conduct myself as I think is appropriate in a forum like this one. I am here to learn what I don't know and to push my thinking further about what I think I know, and to do that I use, like you guys, many sources assuming that you do the same!
Sorry -- didn't mean to imply anything about who you are or aren't on a semi-public forum like this.

I'm under the impression you're someone who has done reputable research and has contributed in earnest to this subject, who deserves the benefit of the doubt unless proven otherwise.
calabrianwatch
Straightened out

Post by calabrianwatch »

SantoClaus wrote: Fri Mar 19, 2021 11:34 am
calabrianwatch wrote: Fri Mar 19, 2021 11:26 am
SantoClaus wrote: Fri Mar 19, 2021 11:23 am Here’s an article from all the way back in 2008, when Giuseppe Coluccio was arrested in Project Reckoning. The article indicated that he was conducting business with people in Atlanta and NYC, so a Ndrangheta relationship working in the USA, does seem plausible in NYC.

https://www.thestar.com/news/gta/2008/0 ... world.html
Indeed! And the Coluccio vs Figliomeni war (Siderno-centric) in Ontario in the past 5-7 years has probably had an echo somewhere in the business links with NYC. Especially if you look at the murders that have followed...
Fair enough! Prior to Carmine Verducci getting killed, I heard a rumour that Angelo Musitano was being targeted, then Verducci was murder.

I was observing a group of guys and one of them was planning on borrowing 250k from the Musitanos, for a failing business venture near the end of March 2014. It seemed as if they wanted to borrow the money, because they weren’t going to pay it back. They appeared to know something else, aka the murder plot?

They didn’t borrow the money, and things played out since how they have.
This is interesting and I have not heard it before..the Coluccio-Figliomeni fight means that Figliomeni tried (and managed) to push out the Coluccio out of business - the murder of Verduci (who stole guns etc) is considered the start of this feud essentially, with the Figliomeni interested in cutting the business of the Coluccio...then how this relates to Musitano is dubious to me..because in theory, business-wide, Musitano was in good relationship with the Commisso (and therefore the Figliomeni) so when the internal feud between Figliomeni/Coluccio erupted not sure where they were... A far as I know Angelo Musitano was killed by the other faction (the Luppino, violi etc...)
calabrianwatch
Straightened out

Post by calabrianwatch »

B. wrote: Fri Mar 19, 2021 12:25 pm
calabrianwatch wrote: Fri Mar 19, 2021 12:16 pm Wow this is mysterious - I have no clue what you mean about who I am but surely I conduct myself as I think is appropriate in a forum like this one. I am here to learn what I don't know and to push my thinking further about what I think I know, and to do that I use, like you guys, many sources assuming that you do the same!
Sorry -- didn't mean to imply anything about who you are or aren't on a semi-public forum like this.

I'm under the impression you're someone who has done reputable research and has contributed in earnest to this subject, who deserves the benefit of the doubt unless proven otherwise.
Thanks! A lot of the research shared here is very interesting so I am happy to contribute and I try to do it earnestly; glad you see that!
NickleCity
Full Patched

Post by NickleCity »

More news on the judge hit by a train:

Judge hit by train under investigation over claim of $5,000 payment for wedding
Mar 19, 2021
Lou Michel ,  Dan Herbeck

New York State’s Commission on Judicial Conduct is investigating allegations that Supreme Court Justice John L. Michalski, who was recently hit by a train, was paid $5,000 by a Cheektowaga strip club owner to perform his wedding despite a state law that caps such pay at $100, according to two government sources.

The investigation, the sources told The Buffalo News, began sometime after the ex-wife of Peter G. Gerace Jr. made claims on social media months ago about the payment to Michalski.

Michalski did not report receiving a $5,000 cash payment for officiating at the wedding of Gerace and Katrina Nigro in state ethics disclosure statements on outside income, according to a copy of the statements obtained by The News.

The judge was seriously injured when he was struck by a freight train in Depew on Feb. 28, about a week after federal agents contacted him to question him about his relationship with Gerace, the indicted owner of Pharaoh’s Gentlemen’s Club. Law enforcement sources have said Michalski either fell or lay on the tracks.

Gerace – who was charged with bribing a DEA agent – denies paying the judge $5,000.
“I’ve been married before in a church and only gave the priest $200. Why would I give a judge $5,000?” said Gerace, who said his ex-wife is lying.

Nigro, who married Gerace in 2014, said that she has told FBI agents about the $5,000 payment by her former husband to the judge.

Nigro told The News that she watched Gerace count out $100 bills and stuff them into an envelope, explaining the money was for Michalski for marrying them. A day after her Sept. 18, 2014, wedding, she saw Gerace hand the judge the envelope containing the cash, Nigro said.

“The judge took it and put it into the pocket of his sport coat,” she said.

A spokesman for the Commission on Judicial Conduct declined to comment when asked if the commission is investigating Michalski.

“We cannot comment on any specific matter” involving a judge unless an investigation has been concluded and made public by the commission, said Robert H. Tembeckjian, administrator and counsel to the commission.

In addition to telling the FBI about the payment, Nigro said she has testified before a federal grand jury investigating organized crime in Buffalo.

Gerace is the nephew of the man who prosecutors have contended for years is the leader of the Buffalo mafia.

Hours after Michalski, 60, was hit by what authorities say was a slow-moving freight train near the Depew Amtrak Station, Gerace, 53, was arrested on charges of bribing U.S. Drug Enforcement Administration Agent Joseph Bongiovanni, narcotics trafficking and sex trafficking.

Gerace and Bongiovanni, who is accused of accepting $250,000 in bribes to protect drug dealers with alleged ties to organized crime, have pleaded not guilty in federal court.

Attorney Anthony J. Lana, who has been assisting Michalski since federal agents contacted the judge, texted The News on Friday, "I have no comment," when asked about the $5,000 payment.
Lana previously said he is unaware of any illegal activity between the judge and Gerace, whom he described as longtime friends.

The News has not been able to contact Michalski.

The wedding
According to a state marriage certificate, Michalski officiated at the wedding of Gerace and Nigro.
Peter Gerace’s brother, Anthony – who was sentenced Thursday to five years in prison on a federal drug and weapons conviction – signed the marriage license as a witness to the ceremony.

In interviews with The News, Nigro said the wedding was held at Glen Park in Amherst. The following day Gerace handed the unmarked envelope to the judge during a small gathering of close family and friends in an Amherst restaurant, she said.

According to Nigro, she and Gerace were at home preparing to go to the dinner when she watched her new husband put the $100 bills into the envelope. She said she did not count the money but said her husband told her it was $5,000 for Michalski.
"He told me, 'This is for the judge, to help his kids with college,' " Nigro said.

She said Gerace explained to her that the payment was a gesture of gratitude for performing the wedding.

As Gerace reached across the table and handed the envelope to Michalski, Nigro recalled, he allegedly said the money was to help the judge pay the college tuition for his children.

The judge, she said, “didn’t say anything.”

Ryan Fleckenstein, a Wheatfield resident who is a longtime friend of Nigro, said he recalls Nigro in the past discussing her wedding ceremony, and Gerace paying the judge to marry them.

“I remember her saying Peter gave the judge $5,000 to marry them without having the 24-hour wait. She said it was an illegal marriage. This was a while ago,” Fleckenstein said. 

Limit on pay for weddings
Judges in New York State are prohibited by General Municipal Law from accepting more than $100 for performing a wedding ceremony, according to Tembeckjian, the administrator and counsel to the State Commission on Judicial Conduct.

“It is not a ‘crime’ because it is not in the Penal Law,” Tembeckjian told The News. “Any remedies would be civil. But because it is a statute, you can certainly say it is against the law – the General Municipal Law – for a judge or other public official to accept more than $100 to perform a wedding.”

But Tembeckjian added that the commission in 2015 "accepted the resignation of a judge in Yonkers who, among other things, was charging $200 per wedding.”

Tembeckjian's comments to The News were about the judiciary in general. He declined to comment on the situation involving Michalski.

Tembeckjian said state judges are also required to disclose in annual reports to the state court system’s Ethics Commission any income above $150 that they make outside their own judicial salaries.

The News obtained Michalski’s reports to the Ethics Commission for the years 2014 through 2019. Michalski's reports make no mention of any money received from Gerace. None of the six annual reports filed by Michalski make any mention of wedding income of any kind.

Bride says she was drunk
Nigro said her wedding never should have taken place because she was highly intoxicated and a document was falsified to waive a mandatory 24-hour waiting period.

“The reason he wanted it on Sept. 18 was because it’s Papa Joe’s birthday,” Nigro said, referring to the late Joseph E. Todaro, Gerace’s grandfather.

Joseph E. Todaro, who died in 2012, and his son Joseph A. Todaro have been identified by the FBI over the years as leaders of the Buffalo mafia.

However, no charges proving that have ever been brought against them. Joseph A. Todaro told The News last month that the allegation is "nonsense."

On the waiver request, Gerace wrote, “… I Peter Gerace am undergoing a surgical procedure tomorrow, Sept. 19, 2014. This request constitutes a medical emergency.”

Nigro said Gerace did not have surgery planned. 

“Peter definitely did not have emergency surgery the next day. He was hungover,” she said.
Nigro and Gerace's marriage ended in divorce in 2018.

Gerace calls ex-wife a liar
Gerace sued his ex-wife in State Supreme Court for libel and defamation in 2020, alleging she has made multiple false statements against him to police and government agencies. He said that they have all been investigated and determined to be unsubstantiated.
Gerace also pointed out that Nigro has been arrested for violating an order of protection he had against her and that she has been arrested multiple times for driving while intoxicated.

The lawsuit is pending.

Nigro, 38, said she has been arrested and jailed for allegedly violating the protection order. She claims authorities did not believe her when she told them that it was Gerace who was harassing and threatening her.

In 2016 in Elma, an Erie County sheriff’s deputy charged Nigro with falsely reporting an incident and falsifying records in a complaint against Gerace. 
“Those charges were dismissed,” said Nigro, who said she has never lied to police or committed perjury.

Attorney Jason DiPasquale, who represented Nigro on the case involving charges of falsely reporting an incident and falsifying records, confirmed that the charges were dismissed in Elma Town Court. The records for the case are sealed.

Nigro has been charged with drunken driving on several occasions. She blamed the more recent alcohol-related arrests on her marriage and breakup with Gerace. She says she was depressed because no one believed her statements that he was abusive to her.

On March 31, Nigro is scheduled to be sentenced in Erie County Court for her guilty plea to second-degree vehicular assault, a felony. The charge resulted from a 2019 drunken driving accident that injured two people, one of them seriously, in a head-on collision in the Town of Aurora.

Attorney Steve M. Cohen, who is representing Gerace in the libel-defamation suit against Nigro, raised questions about the U.S. Attorney's Office's use of Nigro as a grand jury witness in its probe of “Italian Organized Crime.”

“I doubt very much the grand jury that indicted Peter knew that Peter was the victim of Katrina for years, or that Peter needed to bring legal proceedings to keep her away from him, or that Peter had to sue Katrina. It is unfortunate who the government presented as their ‘credible witness,’ ” Cohen said, adding that the government is persecuting Italian Americans "as criminals based solely upon their ancestry."

Judge still in hospital
Meanwhile, Michalski remains a patient at Erie County Medical Center.

Depew police, who are investigating the train accident, said Michalski was “a pedestrian” when the train hit him. They said they did not find a vehicle belonging to him near the scene.

As a State Supreme Court judge assigned to the Court of Claims, Michalski makes $210,900 a year. He was appointed to his position in 2006.
Last edited by NickleCity on Fri Mar 19, 2021 12:53 pm, edited 1 time in total.
B.
Men Of Mayhem

Post by B. »

NickleCity wrote: Fri Mar 19, 2021 12:05 pm People I know have said he is, but have not been able to verify this to be true and determine how. The Todaro clan in WNY is quite large.

Frank's Dad was John J. Todaro, who according to Frank's comments on the obituary page, had been in a coma for 15 years (1997) and never woke up before he died (2012). His father owned Queen City Collision in Buffalo, and Frank took it over when he father become incapacitated.

For father's obituary and Frank's online comment about his dad's 15 year coma see: https://www.dignitymemorial.com/obituar ... ro-5224948
For Frank taking over for his Dad see: https://www.fenderbender.com/articles/2 ... -his-staff

Frank's Dad's obituary doesn't name his father or mother. There is a Giuseppe Todaro (see: https://buffalonews.com/obituaries/toda ... ef037.html) born 1934 in Montallegro, Sicily who has a son John J Todaro who would be the right age... but this obituary indicates this John's wife is Bonnie, not the Frances mentioned in this Frank's Dad's obituary, and there is no Frank listed as a grandson.
A 37-year-old storekeeper Frank Todaro was arrested as a "Black Hand" leader in Utica in 1914. I couldn't find much on his background, so no idea if he relates to the Buffalo Todaros. Aside from Rosario Mancuso (born/raised in Buffalo), I haven't found many direct ties between Buffalo and Utica figures beyond them being part of the same organization and association in mafia activities.

Did you ever find if Richie Todaro is related to the other Todaros? He was a rising star in Buffalo around the same time Joe Todaro Sr. was but I couldn't find a relation.

Interesting this younger Frank Todaro uses the DeNiro lookalike and a mafia-type slogan to promote his business -- reminds me of the La Nova employee hats that say "Get your f'n shine box!"
SantoClaus
Sergeant Of Arms

Post by SantoClaus »

calabrianwatch wrote: Fri Mar 19, 2021 12:33 pm
SantoClaus wrote: Fri Mar 19, 2021 11:23 am Here’s an article from all the way back in 2008, when Giuseppe Coluccio was arrested in Project Reckoning. The article indicated that he was conducting business with people in Atlanta and NYC, so a Ndrangheta relationship working in the USA, does seem plausible in NYC.

Indeed! And the Coluccio vs Figliomeni war (Siderno-centric) in Ontario in the past 5-7 years has probably had an echo somewhere in the business links with NYC. Especially if you look at the murders that have followed...
Fair enough! Prior to Carmine Verducci getting killed, I heard a rumour that Angelo Musitano was being targeted, then Verducci was murder.

I was observing a group of guys and one of them was planning on borrowing 250k from the Musitanos, for a failing business venture near the end of March 2014. It seemed as if they wanted to borrow the money, because they weren’t going to pay it back. They appeared to know something else, aka the murder plot?

This is interesting and I have not heard it before..the Coluccio-Figliomeni fight means that Figliomeni tried (and managed) to push out the Coluccio out of business - the murder of Verduci (who stole guns etc) is considered the start of this feud essentially, with the Figliomeni interested in cutting the business of the Coluccio...then how this relates to Musitano is dubious to me..because in theory, business-wide, Musitano was in good relationship with the Commisso (and therefore the Figliomeni) so when the internal feud between Figliomeni/Coluccio erupted not sure where they were... A far as I know Angelo Musitano was killed by the other faction (the Luppino, violi etc...)
The group looking to borrow the money was Non-Italian, I apologize for not mentioning that, it’s an interesting eco-system (Hamilton). Bikers have traditionally been an influence ever since the Hells Angels came to Ontario, prior to that it was Papalia.

They city itself used to have several different biker clubs, so there are many groups of current or ex-members involved, that now ascribe to the Hells Angels. Therefore, to have an overlap of interactions between the two groups, appears to be regular.

IMO for the Ontario market to be truly grasped and appreciated the bikers have to be included in all these topics, for the simple reason, that they can’t be avoided. Either as a means to make money with or whatever, their relationships to all Italian OC, has played an important role to varying degrees.

I believe two Ndrangheta members were killed in Woodbridge or something by Gaetano “Guy” Panepinto?
Last edited by SantoClaus on Fri Mar 19, 2021 1:05 pm, edited 1 time in total.
“To know and not to do, is not to know”
NickleCity
Full Patched

Post by NickleCity »

B. wrote: Fri Mar 19, 2021 12:45 pm
Did you ever find if Richie Todaro is related to the other Todaros? He was a rising star in Buffalo around the same time Joe Todaro Sr. was but I couldn't find a relation.

Interesting this younger Frank Todaro uses the DeNiro lookalike and a mafia-type slogan to promote his business -- reminds me of the La Nova employee hats that say "Get your f'n shine box!"
I never been able to find anything about Richard being related to to Joe Sr. either... :(
TommyNoto
Sergeant Of Arms

Post by TommyNoto »

CabriniGreen wrote: Wed Mar 17, 2021 10:18 pm
Wiseguy wrote: Wed Mar 17, 2021 7:38 am
SantoClaus wrote: Wed Mar 17, 2021 3:46 am Interesting article, gives numbers on NYC and mentions Families all over the USA. I’m posting because it mentions the Caruana-Cuntrera are in Florida, from reading here Buffalo and Florida seem to part of a thread. Also, the Caruana-Cuntrera are also in Ontario, same as Buffalo via Violi?

Lastly, they mention Cammora business in Florida, as well linked to the Genovese, mix in the Zips and the Ndrangheta members in American with these Cammora if true, maybe it could represent some Hybrid thing?

Could there be a Commisson? If so, could if work with the Cuploa 2.0? Is this evidence of it?

https://www.agi.it/cronaca/news/2021-03 ... -11767557/
Interesting report. Some things seem more correct than others.

Regarding the map below, 121 seems a little high for the Luccheses but not out of the realm of possibility. Obviously they have a presence on Staten Island though not represented on the map. But maybe that was included under Brooklyn. Obviously the Colombos are present on Staten Island as well.

Not sure why it lists 100 "affiliati" for the DeCavalcantes and 30 "membri" for Philadelphia. They list the DeCavalcantes as "strong," which they're not; though their ties to the Gambinos is correct. I wonder if they mention the ties between the Genovese and Philly simply because Merlino was caught up in the 2016 bust.

When they mention the Gambino "famiglia" in Los Angeles, which isn't the first time we've seen that, it seems they are referring to the blood family, i.e. Rosario Gambino, Tommy Gambino, etc. The Italian syndicates having investments in South Florida isn't new.

Lastly, they list Buffalo but not Chicago?

120004026-971116a9-7cec-4845-a91c-d25539fd83f5.jpg
They didnt mention Chicago...

1. Chicago hasn't come up in any cases they have been following. Chicago has no connections currently with Italy.

2. This report is similar to Sergis, in that they use what information is availible to them. Its not going to be all right, or all wrong, they are in fuckin Italy. Ask an american journalist, or cop to get all the families in Palermo correct, all the members, I bet you money they cant. Dont hold them to such standards, you gotta be realistic....

I feel like I’m missing something as that link with the map was in Italian . Is there an English version ? Also the map came from the NY FBI office , did I read that right in this thread ?

There are hints the Gambinos do more with the Sicilians and the Westside with Calabrians. I wonder if that’s really the case in the streets.
calabrianwatch
Straightened out

Post by calabrianwatch »

SantoClaus wrote: Fri Mar 19, 2021 12:59 pm

The group looking to borrow the money was Non-Italian, I apologize for not mentioning that, it’s an interesting eco-system (Hamilton). Bikers have traditionally been an influence ever since the Hells Angels came to Ontario, prior to that it was Papalia.

They city itself used to have several different biker clubs, so there are many groups of current or ex-members involved, that now ascribe to the Hells Angels. Therefore, to have an overlap of interactions between the two groups, appears to be regular.

IMO for the Ontario market to be truly grasped and appreciated the bikers have to be included in all these topics, for the simple reason, that they can’t be avoided. Either as a means to make money with or whatever, their relationships to all Italian OC, has played an important role to varying degrees.

I believe two Ndrangheta members were killed in Woodbridge or something by Gaetano “Guy” Panepinto?
I remember Panepinto because he and Roda did kill someone but as it is pretty historical I don’t remember the details now...however when panepinto was killed in 2000 and de Maria was suspected of it as accomplice to Calautti. so it all goes back down to GTA groups. And the links between Panepinto Vito and Musitano are known. Indeed at the bikers connection is a constant but they seem to get along pretty well...
SantoClaus
Sergeant Of Arms

Post by SantoClaus »

calabrianwatch wrote: Fri Mar 19, 2021 1:49 pm
SantoClaus wrote: Fri Mar 19, 2021 12:59 pm

I remember Panepinto because he and Roda did kill someone but as it is pretty historical I don’t remember the details now...however when panepinto was killed in 2000 and de Maria was suspected of it as accomplice to Calautti. so it all goes back down to GTA groups. And the links between Panepinto Vito and Musitano are known. Indeed at the bikers connection is a constant but they seem to get along pretty well...
I believe the issue with Panepinto was related to gambling houses or something, Panepinto and the bikers didn’t like the Calabrese showing up, telling them how to operate. After, Panepinto was killed the bikers were furious and demanded revenge, I even believed they showed up in full force for his funeral.

As the Violi-Luppino killing Musitano, I don’t know, from the recording of both Dom and Joe Violi, it sounded like someone else was targeting the Musitanos.

“The [police agent] stated that [he] would have thought that 'they' would have gotten rid of [Pat Musitano] before his brother, [Angelo Musitano]. D Violi stated that 'they' wanted to show [Pat Musitano]; that it was a message, D Violi thought," the court documents say.

"'They had told D Violi that before Christmas [Pat Musitano] would be gone; that that would be one headache out of the way."

It's not clear who the "they" mentioned here is.”

In another recording, if I remember correctly, Joe Violi states that he was is taking over Hamilton with the bikers.

One of the conspirators (thought to be the trigger man) in both the attempted murder of Saverio Serrano (Diego Serrano’s son) and Angelo Musitano, being Cudmore had ties to Hells Angels in Hamilton.

“Described as dangerous and violent with entrenched criminal values, he parlayed status as a founding member of an aggressive Hamilton street gang into close ties with the Hells Angels and the Mafia.”

“He was a founding member of a street gang known as the North End Crew (NEC), or at least was an early member. As the NEC grew, it became a training ground for larger enterprises, including the Hamilton chapter of the Hells Angels Motorcycle Club.”

I’m not totally sure, but I believe this Cudmore was close with the Iavarone Family in Hamilton, that could be who “they” is in the recordings?
“To know and not to do, is not to know”
antimafia
Full Patched

Post by antimafia »

Re: Todaros and relatives

I worked on a family tree one day last August; then I stopped. I was surprised how easy the tree was to put together.

The names in the image below aren't as clear as I would like, and any YOBs and YODs are even less clear. You are likely going to have to zoom to at least 500% within your browser; so it's probably better to right-click the image to save it, open in an application you use to view images and photos, and then zoom within the application. What also works well is right-clicking the image to open it in a new browser tab and then zooming in there.

Here's a shareable link to the tree in my Ancestry account, which you'll have to sign up for -- if you don't have one -- to view the tree more clearly:

https://www.ancestry.ca/family-tree/pt/ ... Ig3Tk9KQ==

The image below is an overall view -- if you want me to focus in on the branch for any individual, please let me know.

And of course feel free to advise me of any errors, as I guessed in some places or I accepted Ancestry hints that I perhaps shouldn't have.