Buffalo/Ontario Mob Acitivity

Discuss all mafia families in the U.S., Canada, Italy, and everywhere else in the world.

Moderator: Capos

Slumpy
Straightened out

Re: Buffalo/Ontario Mob Acitivity

Post by Slumpy »

Re: Violi,

One thing I'm having trouble wrapping my mind around is how an Underboss in Canada would be useful to Buffalo?
Cheech
Full Patched

Post by Cheech »

Slumpy wrote: Tue Mar 16, 2021 10:32 pm Re: Violi,

One thing I'm having trouble wrapping my mind around is how an Underboss in Canada would be useful to Buffalo?
You ever seen a map?
I'll race you around the corner for fuckin $400 - the skinny
SantoClaus
Sergeant Of Arms

Post by SantoClaus »

Interesting article, gives numbers on NYC and mentions Families all over the USA. I’m posting because it mentions the Caruana-Cuntrera are in Florida, from reading here Buffalo and Florida seem to part of a thread. Also, the Caruana-Cuntrera are also in Ontario, same as Buffalo via Violi?

Lastly, they mention Cammora business in Florida, as well linked to the Genovese, mix in the Zips and the Ndrangheta members in American with these Cammora if true, maybe it could represent some Hybrid thing?

Could there be a Commisson? If so, could if work with the Cuploa 2.0? Is this evidence of it?

https://www.agi.it/cronaca/news/2021-03 ... -11767557/
“To know and not to do, is not to know”
NickleCity
Full Patched

Post by NickleCity »

Rat wrote: Tue Mar 16, 2021 2:48 pm I’m curious, those that think Buffalo is still functioning. Do you think Todaro only comes around when needed or is he playing an active role in the organization?
This was written by Adrian Humphries in December 2018 when information about Dominic Violi being the alleged Underboss came to the fore:
The mobsters, the documents allege, were clear that Todaro held the reigns of power within the re-emergent Buffalo organization; the men said that nobody became a member without going through Todaro first. They said a mobster in the area was either under Todaro or they needed to pack their bags and leave.
Link to quote above: https://nationalpost.com/news/canada/sh ... falo-mafia

If true, Todaro was taking an active role in the organization. We have learned Joe allegedly made members in Florida, promoted members, was in contact with The Commission about Violi's promotion, and was reportedly upset protocol wasn't followed by making him aware that Iavarone (operating in an area where Todaro was said to have influence) was made into another family.
NickleCity
Full Patched

Post by NickleCity »

NickleCity wrote: Wed Mar 17, 2021 6:25 am
Rat wrote: Tue Mar 16, 2021 2:48 pm I’m curious, those that think Buffalo is still functioning. Do you think Todaro only comes around when needed or is he playing an active role in the organization?
This was written by Adrian Humphries in December 2018 when information about Dominic Violi being the alleged Underboss came to the fore:
The mobsters, the documents allege, were clear that Todaro held the reigns of power within the re-emergent Buffalo organization; the men said that nobody became a member without going through Todaro first. They said a mobster in the area was either under Todaro or they needed to pack their bags and leave.
Link to quote above: https://nationalpost.com/news/canada/sh ... falo-mafia

If true, Todaro was taking an active role in the organization. We have learned Joe allegedly made members in Florida, promoted members, was in contact with The Commission about Violi's promotion, and was reportedly upset protocol wasn't followed by making him aware that Iavarone (operating in an area where Todaro was said to have influence) was made into another family.
And here are a couple of documents that indicate LE and Prosecutors in Buffalo believe Todaro to be the boos of the family.

Wiseguy
Filthy Few

Post by Wiseguy »

SantoClaus wrote: Wed Mar 17, 2021 3:46 am Interesting article, gives numbers on NYC and mentions Families all over the USA. I’m posting because it mentions the Caruana-Cuntrera are in Florida, from reading here Buffalo and Florida seem to part of a thread. Also, the Caruana-Cuntrera are also in Ontario, same as Buffalo via Violi?

Lastly, they mention Cammora business in Florida, as well linked to the Genovese, mix in the Zips and the Ndrangheta members in American with these Cammora if true, maybe it could represent some Hybrid thing?

Could there be a Commisson? If so, could if work with the Cuploa 2.0? Is this evidence of it?

Interesting report. Some things seem more correct than others.

Regarding the map below, 121 seems a little high for the Luccheses but not out of the realm of possibility. Obviously they have a presence on Staten Island though not represented on the map. But maybe that was included under Brooklyn. Obviously the Colombos are present on Staten Island as well.

Not sure why it lists 100 "affiliati" for the DeCavalcantes and 30 "membri" for Philadelphia. They list the DeCavalcantes as "strong," which they're not; though their ties to the Gambinos is correct. I wonder if they mention the ties between the Genovese and Philly simply because Merlino was caught up in the 2016 bust.

When they mention the Gambino "famiglia" in Los Angeles, which isn't the first time we've seen that, it seems they are referring to the blood family, i.e. Rosario Gambino, Tommy Gambino, etc. The Italian syndicates having investments in South Florida isn't new.

Lastly, they list Buffalo but not Chicago?
120004026-971116a9-7cec-4845-a91c-d25539fd83f5.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
All roads lead to New York.
Villain
Filthy Few

Post by Villain »

Wiseguy wrote: Wed Mar 17, 2021 7:38 am
Good question and i wonder about it also....
Do not be deceived, neither the sexually immoral, nor idolaters, nor adulterers, nor men who practice homosexuality, nor thieves, nor the greedy, nor drunkards, nor revilers, nor swindlers will inherit the kingdom of God - Corinthians 6:9-10
Patrickgold
Full Patched

Post by Patrickgold »

Villain wrote: Wed Mar 17, 2021 8:53 am
Good question and i wonder about it also....
The real question is they list Los Angeles and not Chicago lol
SantoClaus
Sergeant Of Arms

Post by SantoClaus »

SantoClaus wrote: Wed Mar 17, 2021 3:46 am Interesting article, gives numbers on NYC and mentions Families all over the USA. I’m posting because it mentions the Caruana-Cuntrera are in Florida, from reading here Buffalo and Florida seem to part of a thread. Also, the Caruana-Cuntrera are also in Ontario, same as Buffalo via Violi?

Regarding the map below, 121 seems a little high for the Luccheses but not out of the realm of possibility. Obviously they have a presence on Staten Island though not represented on the map. But maybe that was included under Brooklyn. Obviously the Colombos are present on Staten Island as well.

Not sure why it lists 100 "affiliati" for the DeCavalcantes and 30 "membri" for Philadelphia. They list the DeCavalcantes as "strong," which they're not; though their ties to the Gambinos is correct. I wonder if they mention the ties between the Genovese and Philly simply because Merlino was caught up in the 2016 bust.

When they mention the Gambino "famiglia" in Los Angeles, which isn't the first time we've seen that, it seems they are referring to the blood family, i.e. Rosario Gambino, Tommy Gambino, etc. The Italian syndicates having investments in South Florida isn't new.

I agree, you can get a sense, as if they are almost uncomfortable talking about the USA, opposed to speaking about the OC activities in Italy. On the flip side, maybe their lack of Americanization, gives them some insights into other areas, the Cammora in the USA, specifically.

The Caruana-Cuntrera in Miami is what caught my eye, since that is also where Violi was made, I believe?

Didn’t one of them ( Caruana-Cuntrera) get their house shot up and store set on fire in 2017, in Woodbridge?

Also both groups Violi-Luppino & Caruana-Cuntrera have a presence in Ontario.

The number count and lack of Chicago, does make you wonder what was going on there lol
“To know and not to do, is not to know”
Stroccos
Full Patched

Post by Stroccos »

NickleCity wrote: Mon Mar 15, 2021 6:25 am
Stroccos wrote: Mon Mar 15, 2021 4:55 am
NickleCity wrote: Mon Mar 15, 2021 4:38 am
Patrickgold wrote: Sun Mar 14, 2021 10:39 pm
Wiseguy wrote: Sun Mar 14, 2021 9:59 pm
UTC wrote: Sun Mar 14, 2021 8:30 pm1. What are the major rackets IN Buffalo?
Pizza and wings
Besides pizza and wings which = legit businessss, from the last indictment their rackets would include law enforcement corruption, narcotics trafficking, human trafficking, money laundering and medical fraud
Court papers for Anthony Gerace indicated he ran a sports book and utilized an ex-boxer as an enforcer.
so what does that have to do with Joe todaro ?
I didn’t say it had anything to do with Joe Todaro. Maybe Wiseguys’s reference was to Joe, and his way of saying he is all legitimate? Don’t want to speak for him. I will note some LE documents filed in court in recent cases intimate Joe is the head of the Buffalo Mob, but that wasn’t the subject of my post.
It’s fairly evindent form the violi tapes todaro involved in some capticy but these are pretty low level drug dealers .
No I all am saying he had nothing to do with Gerace bookmarking
Ironic the media claims how Pete Gerace is some big wise guy how did he get low ball bail ? They even let him stay in Fl .
"if he's such A sports wizard , whys he tending bar ?" Nicky Scarfo
calabrianwatch
Straightened out

Post by calabrianwatch »

SantoClaus wrote: Wed Mar 17, 2021 9:56 am

I agree, you can get a sense, as if they are almost uncomfortable talking about the USA, opposed to speaking about the OC activities in Italy. On the flip side, maybe their lack of Americanization, gives them some insights into other areas, the Cammora in the USA, specifically.

The Caruana-Cuntrera in Miami is what caught my eye, since that is also where Violi was made, I believe?

Didn’t one of them ( Caruana-Cuntrera) get their house shot up and store set on fire in 2017, in Woodbridge?

The number count and lack of Chicago, does make you wonder what was going on there lol
I have just contacted the journalist to ask about the data he used. It is a bit cheeky as he says in the article about “confidential files” but unclear from whom or of which period. There are some things missing actually about the ndrangheta in NY which are of public knowledge so...
Patrickgold
Full Patched

Post by Patrickgold »

calabrianwatch wrote: Wed Mar 17, 2021 2:10 pm

I have just contacted the journalist to ask about the data he used. It is a bit cheeky as he says in the article about “confidential files” but unclear from whom or of which period. There are some things missing actually about the ndrangheta in NY which are of public knowledge so...
Did he say anything about why Chicago was not listed and why he listed Los Angeles?
calabrianwatch
Straightened out

Post by calabrianwatch »

Patrickgold wrote: Wed Mar 17, 2021 2:19 pm
calabrianwatch wrote: Wed Mar 17, 2021 2:10 pm

Did he say anything about why Chicago was not listed and why he listed Los Angeles?
He has not responded yet! I can ask when and if he does
Wiseguy
Filthy Few

Post by Wiseguy »

Just as an aside, I stumbled across this while trying to read more on the above report. Last month, it was reported Palermo investigators had recorded two mafiosi in Agrigento Province discussing an emissary from the Gambino family who had visited in search of a financially troubled company they could launder money through. The Gambino guy wasn't identified but he was reportedly accompanied by two Russian individuals and the name of "Dominique D'Acquisto" came up in the conversation. One could assume they were talking about Gambino captain Domenico Acquista.

https://palermo.repubblica.it/cronaca/2 ... 285890907/
All roads lead to New York.
B.
Men Of Mayhem

Post by B. »

Wiseguy wrote: Wed Mar 17, 2021 2:43 pm Just as an aside, I stumbled across this while trying to read more on the above report. Last month, it was reported Palermo investigators had recorded two mafiosi in Agrigento Province discussing an emissary from the Gambino family who had visited in search of a financially troubled company they could launder money through. The Gambino guy wasn't identified but he was reportedly accompanied by two Russian individuals and the name of "Dominique D'Acquisto" came up in the conversation. One could assume they were talking about Gambino captain Domenico Acquista.

https://palermo.repubblica.it/cronaca/2 ... 285890907/
Great find. Capeci said the elder Riccardo Cefalu was under Acquista so that would make sense given he oversaw a "zip" element.

So we have Sciacca and Castellammare connected to the Bonanno family, and now Favara and Palermo connected to the Gambino family all within the last couple years. As I've mentioned many times, Mannino's man Semplice comes from Porto Empedocle where he still has relatives and has traveled there in recent years -- it remains to be seen, but he could certainly be an emmisary to Agrigento. It doesn't seem to be him in this case, so curious about who this one is.
NickleCity wrote: Wed Mar 17, 2021 6:47 am And here are a couple of documents that indicate LE and Prosecutors in Buffalo believe Todaro to be the boos of the family.

Are these from the same investigation or two separate investigations?

Either way we have at least two investigations in different countries that have identified Joe Todaro Jr. as the boss of Buffalo. First the Morena investigation and now these investigations into local Buffalo area figures.