Buffalo/Ontario Mob Acitivity

Discuss all mafia families in the U.S., Canada, Italy, and everywhere else in the world.

Moderator: Capos

Wiseguy
Filthy Few

Re: Buffalo/Ontario Mob Acitivity

Post by Wiseguy »

Pogo The Clown wrote: Thu Mar 18, 2021 5:54 pm How is that even possible?

Pogo
Considering the NYC feds just took down a Colombo crew on Staten Island, you wouldn't think they would neglect to include that family's presence there. Cough.
All roads lead to New York.
Pogo The Clown
Men Of Mayhem

Post by Pogo The Clown »

Ditto for the Luccheses in Queens and all the severely low balled member counts for the families. But I was speaking more to this guys claim of calling up the FBI to get the info. It takes the researchers here months if not years to get decades old files from the Feds but a guy in Italy can just call them up and get current info in a matter of hours? That doesn't sound right.

Pogo
It's a new morning in America... fresh, vital. The old cynicism is gone. We have faith in our leaders. We're optimistic as to what becomes of it all. It really boils down to our ability to accept. We don't need pessimism. There are no limits.
calabrianwatch
Straightened out

Post by calabrianwatch »

Pogo The Clown wrote: Thu Mar 18, 2021 5:54 pm How is that even possible?

Pogo
Directed to me? I sent the journalist a question about some things in that map and article - he said he got it from someone at FBI. I have a friend at FBI he doesn’t tell me anything and I avoid to talk about this stuff too often he says yes or no answers - so I asked “do you recognise this map? Yes - Is it fbi? Yes. Is it complete? And he says - no but that is because it show NYC competence only, some things are for other offices to map. Is the article complete? No, apart from the map no
calabrianwatch
Straightened out

Post by calabrianwatch »

Pogo The Clown wrote: Thu Mar 18, 2021 7:45 pm Ditto for the Luccheses in Queens and all the severely low balled member counts for the families. But I was speaking more to this guys claim of calling up the FBI to get the info. It takes the researchers here months if not years to get decades old files from the Feds but a guy in Italy can just call them up and get current info in a matter of hours? That doesn't sound right.

Pogo
The journalist got it from another person in NY. He obviously did not tell me who. Whoever got it in the first place probably was present at some fbi presentation. This journalist is known to make a big fuss out of very little info. Which is why I asked my friend to confirm what exactly he claimed to have.
Pogo The Clown
Men Of Mayhem

Post by Pogo The Clown »

Sorry but this whole thing doesn't pass the smell test.

Pogo
It's a new morning in America... fresh, vital. The old cynicism is gone. We have faith in our leaders. We're optimistic as to what becomes of it all. It really boils down to our ability to accept. We don't need pessimism. There are no limits.
calabrianwatch
Straightened out

Post by calabrianwatch »

Pogo The Clown wrote: Fri Mar 19, 2021 8:06 am Sorry but this whole thing doesn't pass the smell test.

Pogo
I don't really know what you mean. I thought the whole point of this forum was to share info and this should include some sort of trust of what the others say? Why can't I have a friend/acquaintance at the FBI in NY even if I am currently in Italy, I am not sure. But anyway, fine, discard what you don't 'believe', I can't force you :)
calabrianwatch
Straightened out

Post by calabrianwatch »

Plus, it's not like the FBI is passing me super secret information in a matter of a hours, it was a simple message saying 'hey do you recognise this??? (the map in the article)' getting a yes or no answer, and the provenance (NYC office on NYC based stuff) that's all...
NickleCity
Full Patched

Post by NickleCity »

Above is a screenshot from the HSI report on Bongiovanni about the raid on his home that was made available to the public following the pretrial motions in the his case (i.e. dismissal for racial animus). Anyway it appears Frank Todaro is mentioned in the report. He is the owner of Collision Masters Auto-body Shop where DEA agents took their vehicles for repair.

If you live in WNY you know Collision Masters' advertising slogan (at least till recently) has been "I Got A Guy," and they ran commercials with a Robert DeNiro look-a-like acting like a mafioso.

For your viewing enjoyment I've included links to these commercials.

I Got a Guy 1: https://vimeo.com/149877309
I Got a Guy 2: https://vimeo.com/149878809

Additionally, Frank is was recently elected to the Erie County Legislature to represent the 8th district that includes Cheektowaga, Lancaster, and Alden.
Political newcomer Frank J. Todaro declared victory in his election bid for the Erie County Legislature on Tuesday.

Todaro, a Republican who was also on the Conservative and Independence party lines, upset Democratic incumbent John Bruso to claim the seat in the 8th Legislative District representing Cheektowaga, Lancaster and Alden.

Todaro, 40, is owner of Collision Masters. He has been campaigning on cutting the tax levy, government ethics reform and investing in county roads.
See: https://buffalonews.com/news/local/erie ... 0cd88.html
See also: https://todarofortaxpayers.com/meet-frank-todaro/
Last edited by NickleCity on Fri Mar 19, 2021 9:24 am, edited 3 times in total.
Pogo The Clown
Men Of Mayhem

Post by Pogo The Clown »

calabrianwatch wrote: Fri Mar 19, 2021 8:24 am [quote="Pogo The Clown" post_id=188169 time=<a href="tel:1616166369">1616166369</a> user_id=53]
I don't really know what you mean. I thought the whole point of this forum was to share info and this should include some sort of trust of what the others say? Why can't I have a friend/acquaintance at the FBI in NY even if I am currently in Italy, I am not sure. But anyway, fine, discard what you don't 'believe', I can't force you :)
[/quote]

Because this whole story has more holes in it than Swiss cheese. First off that map doesn't look like it came from the FBI considering it is riddled with very obvious errors. Secondly if an Italian website was able to get it from them you'd figure one of the American journalists or news sites would have gotten it first. Thirdly the idea that an Italian national in Italy has such a close connection to someone in the NY FBI LCN squad itself stretches credulity. How would that even come about in the first place? Like I said it takes American researchers months and even years of jumping through hopes just to get stuff that is decades old but a foreigner placing a call from a foreign country can just get an FBI agent to comment on current information in a matter hours? Add it all together and the whole thing doesn't pass the smell test. Carry on.

Pogo
calabrianwatch
Straightened out

Post by calabrianwatch »

Pogo The Clown wrote: Fri Mar 19, 2021 9:20 am
calabrianwatch wrote: Fri Mar 19, 2021 8:24 am [quote="Pogo The Clown" post_id=188169 time=<a href="tel:1616166369">1616166369</a> user_id=53]

Because this whole story has more holes in it than Swiss cheese. First off that map doesn't look like it came from the FBI considering it is riddled with very obvious errors. Secondly if an Italian website was able to get it from them you'd figure one of the American journalists or news sites would have gotten it first. Thirdly the idea that an Italian national in Italy has such a close connection to someone in the NY FBI LCN squad itself stretches credulity. How would that even come about in the first place? Like I said it takes American researchers months and even years of jumping through hopes just to get stuff that is decades old but a foreigner placing a call from a foreign country can just get an FBI agent to comment on current information in a matter hours? Add it all together and the whole thing doesn't pass the smell test. Carry on.

Pogo
[/quote]

You really make me laugh here. I don't know who the Italian journalist got it from of course, I suppose it was another journalist but no clue. That there are mistakes, it's not my fault.

"Thirdly the idea that an Italian national in Italy has such a close connection to someone in the NY FBI LCN squad itself stretches credulity. How would that even come about in the first place? "

This is beyond ridiculous. We are in the age of travels and internet, and you have no clue who I am and what I do and did in my life or where I lived or worked. Do you think Italians in Italy have never studied, worked or lived in NYC? And if so, why? FBI agents are real people you know? You meet them in different professional and personal occasions. That has nothing to do with the wonderful work that some of you guys do with the FBI getting info through the official channels. I find absolutely phenomenal that I even have to explain that. But as I said, it's your call, I know who I am and I stand by what I said, if you don't believe it I think it is arbitrary, as I have just taken participation to this forum for what I thought was a community of people with similar interests sharing info and trusting each other to be in good faith. Good day.
SonnyBlackstein
Filthy Few

Post by SonnyBlackstein »

@Nickle: What relation to Joe Todaro is Frank J Todaro?

@B: When we consider the Violi Bonanno vs Buffalo question, we are neglecting the elephant in the room answer. The Bonannos either ordered or sanctioned clipping his father. That would be more than enough reason to not wish to join a family you would assume.
Don't give me your f***ing Manson lamps.
SantoClaus
Sergeant Of Arms

Post by SantoClaus »

Here’s an article from all the way back in 2008, when Giuseppe Coluccio was arrested in Project Reckoning. The article indicated that he was conducting business with people in Atlanta and NYC, so a Ndrangheta relationship working in the USA, does seem plausible in NYC.

https://www.thestar.com/news/gta/2008/0 ... world.html
“To know and not to do, is not to know”
calabrianwatch
Straightened out

Post by calabrianwatch »

SantoClaus wrote: Fri Mar 19, 2021 11:23 am Here’s an article from all the way back in 2008, when Giuseppe Coluccio was arrested in Project Reckoning. The article indicated that he was conducting business with people in Atlanta and NYC, so a Ndrangheta relationship working in the USA, does seem plausible in NYC.

Indeed! And the Coluccio vs Figliomeni war (Siderno-centric) in Ontario in the past 5-7 years has probably had an echo somewhere in the business links with NYC. Especially if you look at the murders that have followed...
SantoClaus
Sergeant Of Arms

Post by SantoClaus »

calabrianwatch wrote: Fri Mar 19, 2021 11:26 am
SantoClaus wrote: Fri Mar 19, 2021 11:23 am Here’s an article from all the way back in 2008, when Giuseppe Coluccio was arrested in Project Reckoning. The article indicated that he was conducting business with people in Atlanta and NYC, so a Ndrangheta relationship working in the USA, does seem plausible in NYC.

Indeed! And the Coluccio vs Figliomeni war (Siderno-centric) in Ontario in the past 5-7 years has probably had an echo somewhere in the business links with NYC. Especially if you look at the murders that have followed...
Fair enough! Prior to Carmine Verducci getting killed, I heard a rumour that Angelo Musitano was being targeted, then Verducci was murder.

I was observing a group of guys and one of them was planning on borrowing 250k from the Musitanos, for a failing business venture near the end of March 2014. It seemed as if they wanted to borrow the money, because they weren’t going to pay it back. They appeared to know something else, aka the murder plot?

They didn’t borrow the money, and things played out since how they have.
“To know and not to do, is not to know”
NickleCity
Full Patched

Post by NickleCity »

SonnyBlackstein wrote: Fri Mar 19, 2021 9:49 am @Nickle: What relation to Joe Todaro is Frank J Todaro?
People I know have said he is, but have not been able to verify this to be true and determine how. The Todaro clan in WNY is quite large.

Frank's Dad was John J. Todaro, who according to Frank's comments on the obituary page, had been in a coma for 15 years (1997) and never woke up before he died (2012). His father owned Queen City Collision in Buffalo, and Frank took it over when he father become incapacitated.

For father's obituary and Frank's online comment about his dad's 15 year coma see: https://www.dignitymemorial.com/obituar ... ro-5224948
For Frank taking over for his Dad see: https://www.fenderbender.com/articles/2 ... -his-staff

Frank's Dad's obituary doesn't name his father or mother. There is a Giuseppe Todaro (see: https://buffalonews.com/obituaries/toda ... ef037.html) born 1934 in Montallegro, Sicily who has a son John J Todaro who would be the right age... but this obituary indicates this John's wife is Bonnie, not the Frances mentioned in this Frank's Dad's obituary, and there is no Frank listed as a grandson.