Fifteen Philadelphia Family Members and Associates Indicted

Discuss all mafia families in the U.S., Canada, Italy, and everywhere else in the world.

Moderator: Capos

chin_gigante
Full Patched

Re: Fifteen Philadelphia Family Members and Associates Indicted

Post by chin_gigante »

That's what I was thinking. In 2014, Anastasia reported that Ligambi had switched from acting boss to consigliere after the feds dropped the charges against him and more recently he and Schratwieser have been talking about him serving in a consigliere mode.
'You don't go crucifying people outside a church; not on Good Friday.'
Ryan98366
Straightened out

Re: At least 2 high ranking member of the Philly Family is in custody

Post by Ryan98366 »

slimshady_007 wrote: Mon Nov 23, 2020 9:07 am And the downfall of Philly begins. I think once serious charges are made, guys will start telling. I’d love to know what charges Dom and Stevie are facing.
I agree 100%. The Feds know Meeking and his inner circle don’t snitch. My theory is the feds want Dom Grande so badly because they think he might be the weak link. The way the feds felt about Gravano. If Baby Dom flips, they can nail the Merlino crew once and for all. That is why they want this kid so bad.
#Let’s Go Brandon!
HoagieNose
Straightened out

Post by HoagieNose »

Ryan98366 wrote: Tue Nov 24, 2020 5:30 am
slimshady_007 wrote: Mon Nov 23, 2020 9:07 am And the downfall of Philly begins. I think once serious charges are made, guys will start telling. I’d love to know what charges Dom and Stevie are facing.
I agree 100%. The Feds know Meeking and his inner circle don’t snitch. My theory is the feds want Dom Grande so badly because they think he might be the weak link. The way the feds felt about Gravano. If Baby Dom flips, they can nail the Merlino crew once and for all. That is why they want this kid so bad.

I doubt he would flip over a 10 year or less stretch...
johnny_scootch
Full Patched

Post by johnny_scootch »

chin_gigante wrote: Tue Nov 24, 2020 3:18 am Pennisi also said Arabia and Castelli were soldiers but I don't see anywhere in the indictment that says that.
Pennisi goes even further to suggest Arabia and Castelli were 2 of the guys made in 2015 and they were put into Dom’s crew. We’ve been taking Pennisi’s word on other guys being made so I see no reason to stop believing him now despite them not being listed as made in the indictment. At very least if I was Pogo id put them on the possibly made list for Philly.
Ryan98366
Straightened out

Post by Ryan98366 »

HoagieNose wrote: Tue Nov 24, 2020 5:56 am
Ryan98366 wrote: Tue Nov 24, 2020 5:30 am

I doubt he would flip over a 10 year or less stretch...
He’s young. He has a new wife. I don’t believe Dom Grande has done prison time. He’s the one the feds think will flip.
#Let’s Go Brandon!
dack2001
Sergeant Of Arms

Post by dack2001 »

JL is not Joe Licata. Joe Ligambi has been a fixture in the middle of the group since he beat his case. It's definitely him. I'm also guessing that Persiano either attended the 2015 ceremony (maybe got made there) or was told by Dom who attended the ceremony. How else would they know that Dom, Sonny and Stevie were there? And if Arabia and Castelli had been made, why wouldn't they be so named as being made in the indictment...if they put Sonny, Dom and Stevie there they surely could put the others. I don't think Penisi knows what he's talking about and is looking for clicks.
dack2001
Sergeant Of Arms

Post by dack2001 »

And held without bail? That's ridiculous...there isn't even violence in the indictment. "i'd like to crack the guy" isn't the same as actually doing it.
HoagieNose
Straightened out

Post by HoagieNose »

So is Borgesi only minimally involved now? Or is he just slicker than the rest ?

I thought he was second in command but now it seems it’s Mikey lance
chin_gigante
Full Patched

Post by chin_gigante »

HoagieNose wrote: Tue Nov 24, 2020 7:06 am So is Borgesi only minimally involved now? Or is he just slicker than the rest ?

I thought he was second in command but now it seems it’s Mikey lance
Who knows. More arrests expected so I guess we might find out.
Chucky
Full Patched

Post by Chucky »

SonnyBlackstein wrote: Mon Nov 23, 2020 9:08 pm IIRC Joey Electric was under Scoops.

Amazed he's so far avoided indictment. Licata is the new teflon.

Edit: the new Mobtalk has Servidio under Scoops. Any thoughts on why Scoops not in this indictment? Scoops must of been under surveillance once they had an in with Servidio.

Scratweiser has totally fucking killed my 'Licata is teflon' joke.
Servidio was operating in the South Jersey area even though he is apart of the North Jersey crew. The case last year kinda suggested that Servidio wasn’t keeping Licata in the loop.
Just smile and blow me - Mel Gibson
chin_gigante
Full Patched

Post by chin_gigante »

johnny_scootch wrote: Tue Nov 24, 2020 6:42 am
chin_gigante wrote: Tue Nov 24, 2020 3:18 am Pennisi also said Arabia and Castelli were soldiers but I don't see anywhere in the indictment that says that.
Pennisi goes even further to suggest Arabia and Castelli were 2 of the guys made in 2015 and they were put into Dom’s crew. We’ve been taking Pennisi’s word on other guys being made so I see no reason to stop believing him now despite them not being listed as made in the indictment. At very least if I was Pogo id put them on the possibly made list for Philly.
I agree with you so far that Pennisi has proved credible, though Philly is slightly further out of his wheelhouse than normal. The identification of Arabia and Castelli as soldiers could just be a misinterpretation of the indictment where it says:
16. On or about October 15, 2015, defendants STEVEN MAZZONE, DOMENIC GRANDE, and SALVATORE MAZZONE participated in a "making ceremony" in South Philadelphia, during which several new soldiers were inducted into the Philadelphia LCN.

17. On or about November 24, 2015, defendant DOMENIC GRANDE instructed soldiers in his crew to work with defendants KENNETH ARABIA and DANIEL CASTELLI to reclaim territory in Atlantic City by extorting local bookmakers and loansharks into giving part of their business and proceeds of their business's illegal activity to the Philadelphia LCN.
Pennisi could've read that and then jumped to the conclusion that it meant Arabia and Castelli were made. Though he does say that he has personally "spent time with most of these guys and found them to be a close knit group." He has already said that he almost met Merlino at that gathering with Perna, so it backs up the claim that he would conceivably know some Philly stuff. I remain doubtful about the Licata as consigliere thing though, I side with dack that it's far, far more likely to be Ligambi based on everything we've heard from the past 10 years.

Part of the 2010 Stefanelli transcripts features Licata and Ligambi discussing North Jersey guys having administration positions. Licata says that Caponigro being made consigliere caused a lot of bullshit and that he should have stayed what he was before. Licata also says he's happy remaining a captain and simply helping run the North Jersey crew. He says the administration positions should belong to the guys in Philadelphia and Ligambi agrees with him.

Based on that, JL has to be Ligambi.
Snakes
Full Patched

Post by Snakes »

dack2001 wrote: Tue Nov 24, 2020 6:53 am JL is not Joe Licata. Joe Ligambi has been a fixture in the middle of the group since he beat his case. It's definitely him. I'm also guessing that Persiano either attended the 2015 ceremony (maybe got made there) or was told by Dom who attended the ceremony. How else would they know that Dom, Sonny and Stevie were there? And if Arabia and Castelli had been made, why wouldn't they be so named as being made in the indictment...if they put Sonny, Dom and Stevie there they surely could put the others. I don't think Penisi knows what he's talking about and is looking for clicks.
Maybe someone that was made at that ceremony ("person #x") is cooperating.
NJShore4Life
Full Patched

Post by NJShore4Life »

JL in the indictment is 100% Uncle Joe Ligambi.

Scoops was never consigliere and would never be consigliere.

Scoops doesn’t even really run the day to day of his own crew in North Jersey.

Remember the timeframe of this indictment was 2015-2016 so at that time you had Mikey Lance Street Boss, Uncle Joe Consigliere, and Stevie as Underboss with Merlino being the Official Boss from Florida. So this was the structure 4-5 years ago, things have changed since then Merlino even got indicted and went away so you have new people in the admin positions in 2020 running the day to day out on the streets.

Things change rather quickly and rapidly out on the streets you need to remember with people being indicted, people coming out of prison, people on paper, people falling out of favor/popularity, people earning more, etc. The structure in 2015 isn’t going to be the same in 2020. This indictment is all from at least 5 years ago.
JohnnyS
Full Patched

Post by JohnnyS »

Didn't Mikey Lance take a step back because of health issues? I think this is where all the talk of Borgesi running things came from.
TommyGambino
Full Patched

Post by TommyGambino »

NJShore4Life wrote: Tue Nov 24, 2020 8:39 am JL in the indictment is 100% Uncle Joe Ligambi.

Scoops was never consigliere and would never be consigliere.

Scoops doesn’t even really run the day to day of his own crew in North Jersey.

Remember the timeframe of this indictment was 2015-2016 so at that time you had Mikey Lance Street Boss, Uncle Joe Consigliere, and Stevie as Underboss with Merlino being the Official Boss from Florida. So this was the structure 4-5 years ago, things have changed since then Merlino even got indicted and went away so you have new people in the admin positions in 2020 running the day to day out on the streets.

Things change rather quickly and rapidly out on the streets you need to remember with people being indicted, people coming out of prison, people on paper, people falling out of favor/popularity, people earning more, etc. The structure in 2015 isn’t going to be the same in 2020. This indictment is all from at least 5 years ago.
Does fazzini run the Jersey crew day to day?