Bokabreeze on reddit

Discuss all mafia families in the U.S., Canada, Italy, and everywhere else in the world.

Moderator: Capos

funkster
Full Patched

Re: Bokabreeze on reddit

Post by funkster »

PolackTony wrote: Fri Oct 16, 2020 3:59 pm Also, looks like a likely Outfit-connected troll created a dummy profile to attack people posting on Boka's recent photo of Frankie Caruso III.
Man, you weren't fucking kidding lmao.
PolackTony
Filthy Few

Post by PolackTony »

funkster wrote: Mon Oct 19, 2020 3:31 pm
PolackTony wrote: Fri Oct 16, 2020 3:59 pm Also, looks like a likely Outfit-connected troll created a dummy profile to attack people posting on Boka's recent photo of Frankie Caruso III.
If you're going to post a pic of a guy baptizing his fuckin kid, and identify him as "notorious made member of the Chinatown crew" or whatever, it's gonna touch a nerve.
"Hey, hey, hey — this is America, baby! Survival of the fittest.”
funkster
Full Patched

Post by funkster »

I'm a bit surprised the Jimmy I pics havent ruffled feathers. Particularly the one with him hanging with Sam Greco.
Villain
Filthy Few

Post by Villain »

PolackTony wrote: Mon Oct 19, 2020 6:03 pm
If you're going to post a pic of a guy baptizing his fuckin kid, and identify him as "notorious made member of the Chinatown crew" or whatever, it's gonna touch a nerve.
That Boka dude should try doing that with some other "recently" arrived criminal ethnicities in Chicago...
Do not be deceived, neither the sexually immoral, nor idolaters, nor adulterers, nor men who practice homosexuality, nor thieves, nor the greedy, nor drunkards, nor revilers, nor swindlers will inherit the kingdom of God - Corinthians 6:9-10
Lefty Ruggiero
Associate

Post by Lefty Ruggiero »

PolackTony wrote: Wed Oct 14, 2020 1:54 pm
Moscone65 wrote: Wed Oct 14, 2020 12:51 pm I was interested to see all the italian social clubs on addison that are allegedly owned by zips. All i have to say remind me of all the ones here in toronto, most of which are gambling spots for the calabrese and sicilians.
Anyone who knows the far Northwest side of Chicago as well as suburbs like Addison and Bloomingdale knows that these places are there. Social clubs, soccer clubs, cafes, lay religious organizations for people from particular Sicilian towns etc. I don't doubt that some of them are connected and we know that back in the 90s LaBalestra and his people were running gambling out of spots like this. Perfectly plausible that some of this is continuing. I could easily go on reddit and post a Google streetview image of the Flowers of Italy club or whatever café and if I act like I'm in the know and establish a rep as some guy with esoteric insider knowledge the redditors will think I'm an expert too and ride my dick.

Again, the guy may really know stuff from family contacts (via his wife or whatever) and may know someone in LE. But he's told me stuff that's just factually false regarding guys in Chicago, so how are any of us to tell the difference between him maybe knowing something and talking out his ass on reddit?

Especially when one is making claims that Chicago sits on yearly Commission meetings along with NYC, Detroit, and NE in FL, has 50 odd made members, has continued to make guys under Sarno etc. One thing to say that this is your opinion, based on some combination of evidence and assumption (I might not share some of these opinions, but I don't really know what the truth is), and something else to simply state these things as if they were facts with an occasionally vague statement about "knowing" someone while fanboys eat it up. If one is going to make such strong claims that go far beyond the available evidence and contradict the opinions of other very well informed mob researchers, one has to be prepared to back them up, not ignore or attempt to ridicule people who disagree with or simply question you. All in all, gives the strong impression of a bad faith actor.
So I remember reading in several different spots through the years that being "made" in CHI is essentially the same thing as being a captain on the East Coast and that there isn't a ceremony that goes along with it. Essentially CHI has operated entirely in it's own fashion relative to the rest of Italian OC in the U.S. However, all over this forum (I'm still new here) I see people referencing made guys in Chicago. Which is it??
SolarSolano
Full Patched

Post by SolarSolano »

Boka is Fratto from the old days! ;) Those photos are all from facebook - and you would be surprised how often Nick Ferriola's wife or sister or one of the Inendinos post photos of their relatives. They learned to keep them private, but they forgot their Facebook friends are just posting all this shit to mob forums. Chuckie Bellavia for example had no idea the prison photos of his father were circulating here.

Black Angelo was the most knowledgeable poster on ANP and knew more than Fosco did about the Outfit because he was an actual player. He passed away unfortunately - I originally thought Boka was Black Angelo's relative - now my theory is that its TheDon from ANP potentially - and if it is, he's a relative of Joe Lombardi who is a total douche.
Coloboy
Straightened out

Post by Coloboy »

The don was notorious. He posted on a bunch of forums under different names back in the day. You could always tell it was him because he was completely obsessed with Giancana, and was always disparaging New York.
PolackTony
Filthy Few

Post by PolackTony »

SolarSolano wrote: Tue Oct 20, 2020 2:44 pm Boka is Fratto from the old days! ;) Those photos are all from facebook - and you would be surprised how often Nick Ferriola's wife or sister or one of the Inendinos post photos of their relatives. They learned to keep them private, but they forgot their Facebook friends are just posting all this shit to mob forums. Chuckie Bellavia for example had no idea the prison photos of his father were circulating here.

Black Angelo was the most knowledgeable poster on ANP and knew more than Fosco did about the Outfit because he was an actual player. He passed away unfortunately - I originally thought Boka was Black Angelo's relative - now my theory is that its TheDon from ANP potentially - and if it is, he's a relative of Joe Lombardi who is a total douche.
You might be right of course but I personally think Boka is way too young to be any of the guys from the ANP forum. I think he's a kid, he uses current internet slang like "cringe". He just got a ton of his info from ANP comment threads, to me that much at least ia pretty obvious.
PolackTony
Filthy Few

Post by PolackTony »

Villain wrote: Tue Oct 20, 2020 4:01 am
PolackTony wrote: Mon Oct 19, 2020 6:03 pm
That Boka dude should try doing that with some other "recently" arrived criminal ethnicities in Chicago...
Yes, lol, like posting Cartel guys coming from a Quinceñera or Albanian/Serbian gangsters coming out of one of their shady spots up by Peterson etc.

The Outfit of course isn't going to do anything to him beyond harassment. The most would be legal action on defamation grounds, but I don't see that coming as it would itself bring way too much exposure for them.
PolackTony
Filthy Few

Post by PolackTony »

Lefty Ruggiero wrote: Tue Oct 20, 2020 2:03 pm
PolackTony wrote: Wed Oct 14, 2020 1:54 pm
Moscone65 wrote: Wed Oct 14, 2020 12:51 pm I was interested to see all the italian social clubs on addison that are allegedly owned by zips. All i have to say remind me of all the ones here in toronto, most of which are gambling spots for the calabrese and sicilians.
Anyone who knows the far Northwest side of Chicago as well as suburbs like Addison and Bloomingdale knows that these places are there. Social clubs, soccer clubs, cafes, lay religious organizations for people from particular Sicilian towns etc. I don't doubt that some of them are connected and we know that back in the 90s LaBalestra and his people were running gambling out of spots like this. Perfectly plausible that some of this is continuing. I could easily go on reddit and post a Google streetview image of the Flowers of Italy club or whatever café and if I act like I'm in the know and establish a rep as some guy with esoteric insider knowledge the redditors will think I'm an expert too and ride my dick.

Again, the guy may really know stuff from family contacts (via his wife or whatever) and may know someone in LE. But he's told me stuff that's just factually false regarding guys in Chicago, so how are any of us to tell the difference between him maybe knowing something and talking out his ass on reddit?

Especially when one is making claims that Chicago sits on yearly Commission meetings along with NYC, Detroit, and NE in FL, has 50 odd made members, has continued to make guys under Sarno etc. One thing to say that this is your opinion, based on some combination of evidence and assumption (I might not share some of these opinions, but I don't really know what the truth is), and something else to simply state these things as if they were facts with an occasionally vague statement about "knowing" someone while fanboys eat it up. If one is going to make such strong claims that go far beyond the available evidence and contradict the opinions of other very well informed mob researchers, one has to be prepared to back them up, not ignore or attempt to ridicule people who disagree with or simply question you. All in all, gives the strong impression of a bad faith actor.
So I remember reading in several different spots through the years that being "made" in CHI is essentially the same thing as being a captain on the East Coast and that there isn't a ceremony that goes along with it. Essentially CHI has operated entirely in it's own fashion relative to the rest of Italian OC in the U.S. However, all over this forum (I'm still new here) I see people referencing made guys in Chicago. Which is it??
The Outfit is the Chicago family of LCN and a made guy in Chicago is a made guy in the American Cosa Nostra. Sometime in the 1970s Chicago seems to have reinstated the use of the full traditional Cosa Nostra induction ceremony, and before that at different points in time or perhaps even under different crews or bosses they used either a stripped down ceremony consisting of an Omertà type oath, or they just told a guy "you're in" and he was considered a made member. It's been discussed at length on the forums, but suffice to say that even such traditionally Sicilian families as the Bonnanos and DeCavalcantes used similar stripped down initiation practices in the past.

In Chicago much of the manpower that was functionally equivalent to the rank of soldier in NYC consisted of non-made guys who worked for and belonged to a made guy. So many made guy basically functioned as middle management "Bosses" of their own sub-crew, and in turn answered to a capodecina who was called a capo or "street boss" (or similar term) in Chicago. In a current discussion B. makes a good point in emphasizing that the NYC paradigm of a large membership with low ranking soldiers inducted was actually divergent from the Sicilian model.
http://theblackhand.club/forum/viewtop ... 3&start=30
PolackTony
Filthy Few

Post by PolackTony »

Lefty Ruggiero wrote: Tue Oct 20, 2020 2:03 pm Essentially CHI has operated entirely in it's own fashion relative to the rest of Italian OC in the U.S.
Based on what we know, this would be an overstatement. I think Joe Bonnano perhaps put it best when he stated "Chicago enjoyed a quasi-independent status in the politics of our world".
SolarSolano
Full Patched

Post by SolarSolano »

I believe in Chicago they used 'boss' instead of Capo. They also referred to the Outfit as 'our clique' our 'the clique' when discussing who was or who wasn't made. I've honestly learned so much from Villain, Snakes and some of these other guy that you can really see how unique they were to NYC.
Frank
Full Patched

Post by Frank »

So who is the administration according to this guy
PolackTony
Filthy Few

Post by PolackTony »

Frank wrote: Wed Oct 21, 2020 11:43 am So who is the administration according to this guy
He has Solly as "the Man" (top boss/senior advisor a la Accardo), Jimmy I as boss (and capo of Cicero) and Vena as underboss (which he refers to as "street boss") and capo of Grand Ave. He also had Toots Caruso as Chinatown capo and thinks that EP is still a viable crew, possibly under Dote or Abbinanti (IIRC).

All in all actually a pretty plausible set up of course. To his credit Boka admits that there's a lot of uncertainty here and these are his personal opinions, not facts.
Frank
Full Patched

Post by Frank »

PolackTony wrote: Wed Oct 21, 2020 12:33 pm
Frank wrote: Wed Oct 21, 2020 11:43 am So who is the administration according to this guy
He has Solly as "the Man" (top boss/senior advisor a la Accardo), Jimmy I as boss (and capo of Cicero) and Vena as underboss (which he refers to as "street boss") and capo of Grand Ave. He also had Toots Caruso as Chinatown capo and thinks that EP is still a viable crew, possibly under Dote or Abbinanti (IIRC).

All in all actually a pretty plausible set up of course. To his credit Boka admits that there's a lot of uncertainty here and these are his personal opinions, not facts.
Its basically what Gangster Report has, only GR has Vena as boss and Jimmy I underboss. I was just curious to what he thought. Where do I find more of his thoughts, just google reddit??