Bokabreeze on reddit

Discuss all mafia families in the U.S., Canada, Italy, and everywhere else in the world.

Moderator: Capos

Tonyd621
Full Patched

Bokabreeze on reddit

Post by Tonyd621 »

Anybody know this guy or how he always seems to get the most current up to date photos of the outfit. I mean its not sparingly, either. It's all the time. You see the new one of nick Ferriola? I mean he has to be involved or closely aligned with someone, no?
PolackTony
Filthy Few

Re: Bokabreeze on reddit

Post by PolackTony »

He's evasive when questioned but has made general statements that he "knows" people. A lot of his info to my eyes seems to come from the old ANP comments section, and I think the pics are largely from FB/Instagram.
"Hey, hey, hey — this is America, baby! Survival of the fittest.”
Slumpy
Straightened out

Post by Slumpy »

He's suggested to me multiple times that he rubs elbows with connected guys. I think it's bullshit, personally. He presents himself as an "expert" but when actually pressed on it he admits he's a "hobbyist researcher" with connections to both sides of the law. I also feel like his general mafia knowledge, historical context, etc, is... Not that great.

But OTOH he does seem to know a lot about the current outfit landscape, the succession of crews, bosses, the various hang outs and so on, but I don't think that info would be particularly hard to come by if you were really motivated to look into it. He gets his hackles up immediately when he's questioned or challenged, which also makes me think he trots the line between half truths and full on lies about where he gets his info.

He also claimed that the commission -- the full commission, including Chicago -- meet YEARLY in Florida, covertly... Which was a massive redflag for me and sort of sealed my opinion of him as a bullshit artist. But he's mostly harmless, his posts are mostly informative with good info, so I don't really give a shit if he tricks a few rubes into thinking he's got connections.

(I mod /r/mafia)
Slumpy
Straightened out

Post by Slumpy »

Oh, and he also claimed he had to stop posting because he was "getting heat" implying that it was coming from the Outfit itself over his pics/posts about current members, but he was back at it like 3 weeks later, so whatever.
Fughedaboutit
Full Patched

Post by Fughedaboutit »

Slumpy wrote: Tue Oct 13, 2020 2:53 pm Oh, and he also claimed he had to stop posting because he was "getting heat" implying that it was coming from the Outfit itself over his pics/posts about current members, but he was back at it like 3 weeks later, so whatever.
Sounds like the time "Ed Scarpo" said mob guys were trying to kill him and followed him to a restaurant :lol:
"I wanna hear some noise." "Tell Salvie to clean the boat, the whole boat top to bottom" -Nicodemo "Nicky" Scarfo Sr"
PolackTony
Filthy Few

Post by PolackTony »

Slumpy wrote: Tue Oct 13, 2020 2:50 pm He's suggested to me multiple times that he rubs elbows with connected guys. I think it's bullshit, personally. He presents himself as an "expert" but when actually pressed on it he admits he's a "hobbyist researcher" with connections to both sides of the law. I also feel like his general mafia knowledge, historical context, etc, is... Not that great.

But OTOH he does seem to know a lot about the current outfit landscape, the succession of crews, bosses, the various hang outs and so on, but I don't think that info would be particularly hard to come by if you were really motivated to look into it. He gets his hackles up immediately when he's questioned or challenged, which also makes me think he trots the line between half truths and full on lies about where he gets his info.

He also claimed that the commission -- the full commission, including Chicago -- meet YEARLY in Florida, covertly... Which was a massive redflag for me and sort of sealed my opinion of him as a bullshit artist. But he's mostly harmless, his posts are mostly informative with good info, so I don't really give a shit if he tricks a few rubes into thinking he's got connections.

(I mod /r/mafia)
He also claims that Detroit and NE still sit on these alleged annual Commission meetings in FL.

He does know a lot about more recent Outfit guys and events (again, I see a lot of continuity with ANP stuff), but once he starts talking about older history noticeable factual errors and gross generalizations/simplifcations are very noticeable.
"Hey, hey, hey — this is America, baby! Survival of the fittest.”
Slumpy
Straightened out

Post by Slumpy »

Yep, the more he posts, the more it becomes obvious that he's not as well informed as he presents himself. Pretty sure he also DM'd me on reddit on an alt account telling me that I should make Boka a mod.
Snakes
Full Patched

Post by Snakes »

When I read his posts I got the impression he was a bullshitter. I think he is just a good Facebook or Instagram stalker. I thought I read a post where he admitted he was from Europe? Also, his captions are always "Low Key High Ranking Made Member of Chinatown Crew" or some other such nonsense.
Moscone65
Sergeant Of Arms

Post by Moscone65 »

He found recent pics of albie vena, which is extremely rare, so kudos to him for that atleast
funkster
Full Patched

Post by funkster »

He's said he's from Europe, never seen him claim he actually knows these guys. The vibe I get is his wife is from the States...seems to insinuate her family or social circles run close to these guys. My guess he doesn't find them on IG or FB, people send them to him that know Ferriola etc.
funkster
Full Patched

Post by funkster »

^Just for clarity, i'm guessing the people that send them to him get them from fb and IG cause they know them or they families.
Tonyd621
Full Patched

Post by Tonyd621 »

I mean the latest picture of nick Ferriola in some sort of italian deli posing for a picture with sunglasses on and highlighted hair it looks like.. that's the opposite of the low key- whoever took the picture, trusts each other.
Moscone65
Sergeant Of Arms

Post by Moscone65 »

^dont forget the big cigar stub he’s chomping in that pic loool
PaddyWhack
Straightened out

Post by PaddyWhack »

In regards to Nick Ferriola, I’m almost 100% sure those photos came from his wife’s Facebook page.
funkster
Full Patched

Post by funkster »

I mean, they’re obviously from family member social media accounts. He’s never really claimed that they were his, just that he was getting them from people that know them.