Bokabreeze on reddit

Discuss all mafia families in the U.S., Canada, Italy, and everywhere else in the world.

Moderator: Capos

Tonyd621
Full Patched

Re: Bokabreeze on reddit

Post by Tonyd621 »

Moscone65 wrote: Wed Oct 14, 2020 5:40 am ^dont forget the big cigar stub he’s chomping in that pic loool
Lol yeah as far as appearance it reminded me of john alite a bit. But other than alite isnt 1/10th of the gangster Nick is. He also had one of gil vario-who I never even heard of. Then one of vito iozzo who boka then stated he was a possible informant. So idk... he seems to have some access to information and photos.
PolackTony
Filthy Few

Post by PolackTony »

Tonyd621 wrote: Wed Oct 14, 2020 9:15 am
Moscone65 wrote: Wed Oct 14, 2020 5:40 am ^dont forget the big cigar stub he’s chomping in that pic loool
Lol yeah as far as appearance it reminded me of john alite a bit. But other than alite isnt 1/10th of the gangster Nick is. He also had one of gil vario-who I never even heard of. Then one of vito iozzo who boka then stated he was a possible informant. So idk... he seems to have some access to information and photos.
He just posted a pic of Jimmy I.

FWIW he's told me info that is plain (and demonstrably) false, and when I've brought this up to him he just ignores me. Maybe he knows things, maybe he doesn't, but I can't take a guy like that seriously.
"Hey, hey, hey — this is America, baby! Survival of the fittest.”
Moscone65
Sergeant Of Arms

Post by Moscone65 »

PolackTony wrote: Wed Oct 14, 2020 10:39 am

FWIW he's told me info that is plain (and demonstrably) false, and when I've brought this up to him he just ignores me. Maybe he knows things, maybe he doesn't, but I can't take a guy like that seriously.
Based on what hes said, he doesnt know anything of value outside of chicago, but he does seem to know alot about chicago. Even if what some stuff he says are rumours or blown out of proportion, there is usually a hint of truth to it atleast.
Moscone65
Sergeant Of Arms

Post by Moscone65 »

I was interested to see all the italian social clubs on addison that are allegedly owned by zips. All i have to say remind me of all the ones here in toronto, most of which are gambling spots for the calabrese and sicilians.
Snakes
Full Patched

Post by Snakes »

Moscone65 wrote: Wed Oct 14, 2020 12:49 pm

Based on what hes said, he doesnt know anything of value outside of chicago, but he does seem to know alot about chicago. Even if what some stuff he says are rumours or blown out of proportion, there is usually a hint of truth to it atleast.
Just his tone made him sound like a fraud to me. He came across as a cocky shit, too.
PolackTony
Filthy Few

Post by PolackTony »

Moscone65 wrote: Wed Oct 14, 2020 12:51 pm I was interested to see all the italian social clubs on addison that are allegedly owned by zips. All i have to say remind me of all the ones here in toronto, most of which are gambling spots for the calabrese and sicilians.
Anyone who knows the far Northwest side of Chicago as well as suburbs like Addison and Bloomingdale knows that these places are there. Social clubs, soccer clubs, cafes, lay religious organizations for people from particular Sicilian towns etc. I don't doubt that some of them are connected and we know that back in the 90s LaBalestra and his people were running gambling out of spots like this. Perfectly plausible that some of this is continuing. I could easily go on reddit and post a Google streetview image of the Flowers of Italy club or whatever café and if I act like I'm in the know and establish a rep as some guy with esoteric insider knowledge the redditors will think I'm an expert too and ride my dick.

Again, the guy may really know stuff from family contacts (via his wife or whatever) and may know someone in LE. But he's told me stuff that's just factually false regarding guys in Chicago, so how are any of us to tell the difference between him maybe knowing something and talking out his ass on reddit?

Especially when one is making claims that Chicago sits on yearly Commission meetings along with NYC, Detroit, and NE in FL, has 50 odd made members, has continued to make guys under Sarno etc. One thing to say that this is your opinion, based on some combination of evidence and assumption (I might not share some of these opinions, but I don't really know what the truth is), and something else to simply state these things as if they were facts with an occasionally vague statement about "knowing" someone while fanboys eat it up. If one is going to make such strong claims that go far beyond the available evidence and contradict the opinions of other very well informed mob researchers, one has to be prepared to back them up, not ignore or attempt to ridicule people who disagree with or simply question you. All in all, gives the strong impression of a bad faith actor.
Moscone65
Sergeant Of Arms

Post by Moscone65 »

Snakes wrote: Wed Oct 14, 2020 1:18 pm
Moscone65 wrote: Wed Oct 14, 2020 12:49 pm

Just his tone made him sound like a fraud to me. He came across as a cocky shit, too.
He seems ok to me, I wouldn’t doubt he bullshits a bit, but he posts good pictures, and a lot of the reasoning he gives behind who he thinks the heirarchy makes sense.
Moscone65
Sergeant Of Arms

Post by Moscone65 »

PolackTony wrote: Wed Oct 14, 2020 1:54 pm
Moscone65 wrote: Wed Oct 14, 2020 12:51 pm I was interested to see all the italian social clubs on addison that are allegedly owned by zips. All i have to say remind me of all the ones here in toronto, most of which are gambling spots for the calabrese and sicilians.
Anyone who knows the far Northwest side of Chicago as well as suburbs like Addison and Bloomingdale knows that these places are there. Social clubs, soccer clubs, cafes, lay religious organizations for people from particular Sicilian towns etc. I don't doubt that some of them are connected and we know that back in the 90s LaBalestra and his people were running gambling out of spots like this. Perfectly plausible that some of this is continuing. I could easily go on reddit and post a Google streetview image of the Flowers of Italy club or whatever café and if I act like I'm in the know and establish a rep as some guy with esoteric insider knowledge the redditors will think I'm an expert too and ride my dick.

Again, the guy may really know stuff from family contacts (via his wife or whatever) and may know someone in LE. But he's told me stuff that's just factually false regarding guys in Chicago, so how are any of us to tell the difference between him maybe knowing something and talking out his ass on reddit?

Especially when one is making claims that Chicago sits on yearly Commission meetings along with NYC, Detroit, and NE in FL, has 50 odd made members, has continued to make guys under Sarno etc. One thing to say that this is your opinion, based on some combination of evidence and assumption (I might not share some of these opinions, but I don't really know what the truth is), and something else to simply state these things as if they were facts with an occasionally vague statement about "knowing" someone while fanboys eat it up. If one is going to make such strong claims that go far beyond the available evidence and contradict the opinions of other very well informed mob researchers, one has to be prepared to back them up, not ignore or attempt to ridicule people who disagree with or simply question you. All in all, gives the strong impression of a bad faith actor.
That’s true. Although in fairness it’s difficult to get confirmation of any recent mob stuff in Chicago, or anywhere outside of New York/philly with rat fucks like gene borello or John pennisi. So if not for rumours and stuff we can all sit around here with our dicks in our hands talking about shit from the 60’s like most people on this forum do. While it is more grounded in reality, it’s quite boring to discuss in my opinion.
PolackTony
Filthy Few

Post by PolackTony »

Moscone65 wrote: Wed Oct 14, 2020 2:04 pm
PolackTony wrote: Wed Oct 14, 2020 1:54 pm

That’s true. Although in fairness it’s difficult to get confirmation of any recent mob stuff in Chicago, or anywhere outside of New York/philly with rat fucks like gene borello or John pennisi. So if not for rumours and stuff we can all sit around here with our dicks in our hands talking about shit from the 60’s like most people on this forum do. While it is more grounded in reality, it’s quite boring to discuss in my opinion.
There's been contemporary Chicago stuff to discuss on here given the recent string of gambling indictments. If a bookie in Chicago is cited for pissing on an El platform we'll probably have a whole thread on it. These cases bring up far more questions then they resolved because we simply don't know basic things like whether Chicago is still making guys, whether these bookies are actually on record with a crew or kicking up to someone etc. We discuss our opinions on potential extant crew structures and admin, but all of us here will admit that we just don't really know. Unchecked rumor propagation could wind up being very damaging to the legitimacy and reliability of this forum, and lots of the long term posters are very opposed to even the smell of rumor because of years of bullshitters and trolls passing themselves off as in the know.
Villain
Filthy Few

Post by Villain »

PolackTony wrote: Wed Oct 14, 2020 10:39 am He just posted a pic of Jimmy I.
Is that a black and white photo of the Godfather movie with Sporanos behind him? Lol
Do not be deceived, neither the sexually immoral, nor idolaters, nor adulterers, nor men who practice homosexuality, nor thieves, nor the greedy, nor drunkards, nor revilers, nor swindlers will inherit the kingdom of God - Corinthians 6:9-10
PolackTony
Filthy Few

Post by PolackTony »

Villain wrote: Thu Oct 15, 2020 3:20 am
Is that a black and white photo of the Godfather movie with Sporanos behind him? Lol
Yep lol. I recall seeing before that Solly D was posting Sopranos memes on his FB. Life imitates art.
Villain
Filthy Few

Post by Villain »

PolackTony wrote: Thu Oct 15, 2020 6:45 am
Yep lol. I recall seeing before that Solly D was posting Sopranos memes on his FB. Life imitates art.
I agree and this is just a small evidence that these guys are possibly still "On"
Do not be deceived, neither the sexually immoral, nor idolaters, nor adulterers, nor men who practice homosexuality, nor thieves, nor the greedy, nor drunkards, nor revilers, nor swindlers will inherit the kingdom of God - Corinthians 6:9-10
PolackTony
Filthy Few

Post by PolackTony »

Villain wrote: Thu Oct 15, 2020 8:13 am
I agree and this is just a small evidence that these guys are possibly still "On"
Definitely how I read these things myself, FWIW. We know that at least in the past, once you were in the Life you were in till the grave. Solly D and Jimmy I are thoroughbred gangsters, regardless of whether they personally have their hands in anything grimy today.
PolackTony
Filthy Few

Post by PolackTony »

Also, looks like a likely Outfit-connected troll created a dummy profile to attack people posting on Boka's recent photo of Frankie Caruso III.
Villain
Filthy Few

Post by Villain »

PolackTony wrote: Fri Oct 16, 2020 3:58 pm
Villain wrote: Thu Oct 15, 2020 8:13 am
Definitely how I read these things myself, FWIW. We know that at least in the past, once you were in the Life you were in till the grave. Solly D and Jimmy I are thoroughbred gangsters, regardless of whether they personally have their hands in anything grimy today.
I completely agree