Current Colombo rackets

Discuss all mafia families in the U.S., Canada, Italy, and everywhere else in the world.

Moderator: Capos

gohnjotti
Full Patched

Re: Current Colombo rackets

Post by gohnjotti »

Uncle Pete wrote: Sun Jul 19, 2020 10:55 am
TallGuy19 wrote: Sun Jul 19, 2020 10:10 am
queensnyer wrote: Thu Jul 16, 2020 12:36 pm the colombo family is not as strong as it once was, but neither are the other families including the Genovese family who is touted as the strongest. i wouldnt believe a word gene Borello ever spoke. hes a dolt and a legend in his own mind. he didnt even know his own crew (jack boneventre} had business dealings with charlie fish micelli. please..the colombo family is weak?? mess with their rackets and find out
Dominick Ricigliano—an independent loanshark—muscled in on their loansharking operation and they did nothing about it.
Wasn’t this guy later brutally assaulted by that Colombo associate nicknamed “bugs”?
Completely forgot about this, that was indeed the conclusion of the Ricigliano debacle and is what made him back off.
I don't know dick about dick.

http://thecolombomafia.com
TallGuy19
Full Patched

Post by TallGuy19 »

So maybe they didn't do nothing, but Ricigliano blatantly stole Scorcia's loansharking customers and he couldn't do anything about it until after he got made, and even then it took multiple attempts before they finally gave the guy a beating—and that was all they did.
"A thug changes, and love changes, and best friends become strangers. Word up."
Extortion
Sergeant Of Arms

Post by Extortion »

queensnyer wrote: Thu Jul 16, 2020 12:36 pm the colombo family is not as strong as it once was, but neither are the other families including the Genovese family who is touted as the strongest. i wouldnt believe a word gene Borello ever spoke. hes a dolt and a legend in his own mind. he didnt even know his own crew (jack boneventre} had business dealings with charlie fish micelli. please..the colombo family is weak?? mess with their rackets and find out

Agreed i dont think they would have made Gene hes just a thug
“In Italian, La Cosa Nostra is also known as ‘our headache.’” -Jerry Anguilo
Extortion
Sergeant Of Arms

Post by Extortion »

The colombos only have about 40 active members i believe
“In Italian, La Cosa Nostra is also known as ‘our headache.’” -Jerry Anguilo
slimshady_007
Full Patched

Post by slimshady_007 »

TallGuy19 wrote: Sun Jul 19, 2020 6:04 pm So maybe they didn't do nothing, but Ricigliano blatantly stole Scorcia's loansharking customers and he couldn't do anything about it until after he got made, and even then it took multiple attempts before they finally gave the guy a beating—and that was all they did.
I dont think the family would risk killing the guy. Murders bring a lot of heat but if Ricigliano did what he did 25 years ago he would’ve been whacked.
Wise men listen and laugh, while fools talk.
Flushing
Straightened out

Post by Flushing »

Did we ever find out which college basketball games the Amato crew was allegedly fixing? If it was Rutgers or Seton Hall that would be a big deal.
TallGuy19
Full Patched

Post by TallGuy19 »

slimshady_007 wrote: Mon Jul 20, 2020 6:41 am
TallGuy19 wrote: Sun Jul 19, 2020 6:04 pm So maybe they didn't do nothing, but Ricigliano blatantly stole Scorcia's loansharking customers and he couldn't do anything about it until after he got made, and even then it took multiple attempts before they finally gave the guy a beating—and that was all they did.
I dont think the family would risk killing the guy. Murders bring a lot of heat but if Ricigliano did what he did 25 years ago he would’ve been whacked.
It still surprises me that the family wouldn't back up an associate who was getting pushed around by an independent operator; I thought the whole point of being an associate was that the family would protect your rackets.
"A thug changes, and love changes, and best friends become strangers. Word up."
queensnyer
Straightened out

Post by queensnyer »

and ricigliano folded up like a napkin after the beating. nothing more had to be done
NJShore4Life
Full Patched

Post by NJShore4Life »

Flushing wrote: Mon Jul 20, 2020 8:10 am Did we ever find out which college basketball games the Amato crew was allegedly fixing? If it was Rutgers or Seton Hall that would be a big deal.
Wagner right on Staten Island as well but there’s typically not a line on their games unless they’re playing outside their conference a mid to high major.

If I had to guess I would guess St Johns, Seton Hall , Monmouth , Saint Peters, or Iona. Lots of players from the city on those squads typically.
newera_212
Full Patched

Post by newera_212 »

How did Ricigliano get the nickname "the Lion?"

I know its a play on his last name, but who gave him that nickname? It's kind of...gay. Imagine calling another man "the lion" lmao
givememysocks
Sergeant Of Arms

Post by givememysocks »

newera_212 wrote: Mon Jul 20, 2020 4:20 pm How did Ricigliano get the nickname "the Lion?"

I know its a play on his last name, but who gave him that nickname? It's kind of...gay. Imagine calling another man "the lion" lmao
Daniel "the lion" leo. Acting boss of the westside for a while. lol
Flushing
Straightened out

Post by Flushing »

NJShore4Life wrote: Mon Jul 20, 2020 2:04 pm
Flushing wrote: Mon Jul 20, 2020 8:10 am Did we ever find out which college basketball games the Amato crew was allegedly fixing? If it was Rutgers or Seton Hall that would be a big deal.
Wagner right on Staten Island as well but there’s typically not a line on their games unless they’re playing outside their conference a mid to high major.

If I had to guess I would guess St Johns, Seton Hall , Monmouth , Saint Peters, or Iona. Lots of players from the city on those squads typically.
Right, that's what I was thinking as well. Figured we would have heard something by now. Seton Hall draws a massive crowd to their Newark games. Wagner on SI, not so much.
newera_212
Full Patched

Post by newera_212 »

Not to downplay what they were doing and what they were about, because i know they were making money and were serious guys, but i doubt anyone in that crew or the Colombo's in general have the juice to fix a seton hall game. Especially the last couple years when seton's kinda been in the national spotlight
Flushing
Straightened out

Post by Flushing »

newera_212 wrote: Mon Jul 20, 2020 7:33 pm Not to downplay what they were doing and what they were about, because i know they were making money and were serious guys, but i doubt anyone in that crew or the Colombo's in general have the juice to fix a seton hall game. Especially the last couple years when seton's kinda been in the national spotlight
This is what I was thinking as well. No one bets on low major teams like Wagner. And the mob doesn't have the juice that Nike and other college BB influencers have.

I think the whole indictment was BS, but the college basketball thing especially. College players make no money, at least on paper. Rick Pitino was banned for paying players under the table (now at Iona, btw). But the idea that a washed up crime family is going to impress a bunch of 20 year old joggers enough to coerce them to carry a point spread is simply not believable. Not these days.

If it actually happened it would have to have been atleast a mid major school. And a "gangster"
who also talked his girlfriend via cell phone on a city bus doesn't strike me as the sort of person who can bribe the starting point guard at St. John's.
Canardo
Honorary Member

Post by Canardo »

TallGuy19 wrote: Mon Jul 20, 2020 9:06 am
It still surprises me that the family wouldn't back up an associate who was getting pushed around by an independent operator; I thought the whole point of being an associate was that the family would protect your rackets.
I kinda figured that was due to this Scorcia guy's inaptitude. I mean, it's not like the rest of the family is gonna do your work for you. So they might've let him dangle for a while. Especially in a cut throat environment where you have to proof yourself constantly. Even more so as an associate.

-Canardo-
Feed me, Seymour!