Cefalu probe?

Discuss all mafia families in the U.S., Canada, Italy, and everywhere else in the world.

Moderator: Capos

TommyGambino
Full Patched

Re: Cefalu probe?

Post by TommyGambino »

slimshady_007 wrote: Fri Nov 01, 2019 6:38 pm
TommyGambino wrote: Fri Nov 01, 2019 6:09 pm I'm sure it was felice (maybe im wrong) who said cefalu has a son that is made, strange he's never been mentioned by anyone though, not saying felice is wrong btw, is his uncle still alive, think his name was Riccardo, anyone have any idea when he was made? Interesting and lowkey family the cefalus, the cousin big dom who is a capo makes a fortune through a canadian construction company i remember capeci saying
Interesting info. Any idea when big dom was made?
Absolutely no idea, wouldn't surprise me if his cousin sponsored him when he took over patsy conte's crew. I remember reading they have a lot of business interests through the heroin they sold, don't know how true that is though.
TommyGambino
Full Patched

Post by TommyGambino »

CabriniGreen wrote: Fri Nov 01, 2019 6:40 pm Riccardo Cefalu, my opinion was the actual power in Pat Contes crew..... felice info said it was common knowledge Conte bought his button....
He might have, but he was a powerhouse for decades, riccardo cefalu has only been mentioned from that heroin bust about 50 years ago, if he was the power in that crew he would have been made captain, not his nephew, don't understand that thinking at all, nothing suggests Riccardo was a powerful member
NinoFromNYC2
Straightened out

Post by NinoFromNYC2 »

I myself also heard about Patsy buying his button which I believe is true. As for Riccardo I think he got Made later on in life. His Son Big Dom got Made probably during when his Cousin got into power. Most of Patsy’s crew consisted of Old Timer Sicilian Wiseguys
NinoFromNYC2
Straightened out

Post by NinoFromNYC2 »

Also Patsy was released from prison around 2003 he went away in the 1990’s. Dom From 18th Ave
Becomes Acting Underboss in 2005 which is when Jackie The Nose becomes the new Acting Boss.
CabriniGreen
Full Patched

Post by CabriniGreen »

TommyGambino wrote: Fri Nov 01, 2019 6:52 pm
CabriniGreen wrote: Fri Nov 01, 2019 6:40 pm Riccardo Cefalu, my opinion was the actual power in Pat Contes crew..... felice info said it was common knowledge Conte bought his button....
He might have, but he was a powerhouse for decades, riccardo cefalu has only been mentioned from that heroin bust about 50 years ago, if he was the power in that crew he would have been made captain, not his nephew, don't understand that thinking at all, nothing suggests Riccardo was a powerful member
This guy? From felices info......

) an uncle of Domenico, Riccardo Cefalu, was as the head of a sicilian network that imported heroin from sicily in the late 70s.
Cefalu was really close to Pasquale Conte so he could have been already a member. He was born in 1927 and lived in Long Island.
CabriniGreen
Full Patched

Post by CabriniGreen »

I took this as it was the Cefalus in the streets handling the actual operations, whereas Conte was the face of the legit side, with the supermarkets and all that.....

Is that an incorrect guess? Or is it reasonable?
I mean, the Cefalus HAVE come to power...... not Contes kid or proteges....
Frank
Full Patched

Post by Frank »

bklynborn1210 wrote: Fri Nov 01, 2019 4:39 pm
chin_gigante wrote: Fri Nov 01, 2019 4:16 pm
bklynborn1210 wrote: Fri Nov 01, 2019 4:04 pm Dom Cefalu "allegedly" hasn't been boss for 8 years. Frankie Cali "allegedly" was said to be the acting boss from 2015 until he was gunned down outside his home on Staten Island in 2019 as per a daily news article.
That Daily News article was based on a 2015 Jerry Capeci Gang Land News article. The Daily News, New York Times and everyone else didn't pay any attention when a week later Capeci wrote another article in which sources came forward saying Cefalu was still acting boss and Cali underboss. And following Cali's death the FBI confirmed they were still carrying him as underboss and Cefalu as acting boss
[That cracks me up when Capeci says "sources came forward" WHO? rats, informers or the FBI... You cant trust a word from any of them... Don't believe everything you read my friend]
LE had Cefalu as acting boss and Cali as underboss and confirmed it when Cali was killed.
TommyGambino
Full Patched

Post by TommyGambino »

CabriniGreen wrote: Fri Nov 01, 2019 10:31 pm I took this as it was the Cefalus in the streets handling the actual operations, whereas Conte was the face of the legit side, with the supermarkets and all that.....

Is that an incorrect guess? Or is it reasonable?
I mean, the Cefalus HAVE come to power...... not Contes kid or proteges....
Fuck knows, hopefully felice can speak more on this, wasnt cefalu contes protege though? Conte might not have wanted his kids in that life.
CabriniGreen
Full Patched

Post by CabriniGreen »

From the same thread, felices info...

2.) Domenico Cefalu's uncle was a made member of the Gambino Family and proposed him for membership. It also says the Gambino leadership 'allowed him' to be there for the ceremony. This is not a reference to Pasquale Conte. Also mentions an FNU Mauro as a possible member, maybe the same guy?

I thought it was Riccardo who put him in the family, plus he was running the smuggling network, it's been mentioned that Dom isnt really the racketeer type, I assumed he inherited these operations/crew.

The Cefalus could have been Conte proteges, but they seem more gangster, whereas Conte seems more racketeer, I dunno...
TommyGambino
Full Patched

Post by TommyGambino »

CabriniGreen wrote: Sat Nov 02, 2019 4:59 am From the same thread, felices info...

2.) Domenico Cefalu's uncle was a made member of the Gambino Family and proposed him for membership. It also says the Gambino leadership 'allowed him' to be there for the ceremony. This is not a reference to Pasquale Conte. Also mentions an FNU Mauro as a possible member, maybe the same guy?

I thought it was Riccardo who put him in the family, plus he was running the smuggling network, it's been mentioned that Dom isnt really the racketeer type, I assumed he inherited these operations/crew.

The Cefalus could have been Conte proteges, but they seem more gangster, whereas Conte seems more racketeer, I dunno...
Can soldiers propose someone to be made? Always thought it was captains, whatever Cefalu is doing is right, i know scars said hes s tough guy and cali was more boss material but looks like they were a good combination at the top of the family, Mannino, Gambino etc were home for over a decade and didn't get pinched, pretty impressive
JohnnyS
Full Patched

Post by JohnnyS »

NinoFromNYC2 wrote: Fri Nov 01, 2019 3:03 pm Dom was never a big Earner and he doesn’t have the business skills like some of these other guys do. He is definitely more of a loyalist old school guy steeped into the Sicilian Mafia Tradition. Men like Dom are the last of the Mohicans You can’t find new generation like that anymore.
That's what makes him the perfect modern day mob boss.
slimshady_007
Full Patched

Post by slimshady_007 »

Did nicky skins ever mention Cefalu to his fbi handlers? Cefalu became acting boss while skins was an informant in 2011, so did word ever get back to him?
Wise men listen and laugh, while fools talk.
bert
Full Patched

Post by bert »

8 years of looking into him, and nothing. Maybe (and I know this is inconceivable for some) he has not been acting boss, or had stayed with legit businesses. How many people could go through 8 years of FBI and police investigations and come out clean?
Pogo The Clown
Men Of Mayhem

Post by Pogo The Clown »

It took 11 years for them to get Joe Massino. And he had a lot more LE pressure on him than Cefalu does today. Joe Ligambi also had an 11 year run before they finally indicted him.

Pogo
It's a new morning in America... fresh, vital. The old cynicism is gone. We have faith in our leaders. We're optimistic as to what becomes of it all. It really boils down to our ability to accept. We don't need pessimism. There are no limits.
Frank
Full Patched

Post by Frank »

No Genovese confirmed administration member has been indicted in over 10 years. I believe Leo was the last one.