Cefalu probe?

Discuss all mafia families in the U.S., Canada, Italy, and everywhere else in the world.

Moderator: Capos

Frank
Full Patched

Re: Cefalu probe?

Post by Frank »

SonnyBlackstein wrote: Fri Nov 01, 2019 12:45 pm
Frank wrote: Fri Nov 01, 2019 10:25 am
CabriniGreen wrote: Fri Nov 01, 2019 9:17 am Also, I ask myself WHY the panel was formed....
So it would be harder to track any orders from the administration. A buffer If Cefalu and Cali only had contact with the panel of guys that they absolutely trusted, then it limits their possibility of getting busted. It protects them from LE and Rats. So they give the orders to the panel and panel to the Capos. It has worked too. Did they get busted in that time period, no.
Isn’t that the specific position of underboss?

To insulate the boss and convey his orders to the Capo’s?
Your right, but it appears that the Gambinos took it a step further. Probably because in the 10 or so years before, alot of administration guys getting indicted.
Frank
Full Patched

Post by Frank »

CabriniGreen wrote: Fri Nov 01, 2019 9:17 am Also, I ask myself WHY the panel was formed....
So it would be harder to track any orders from the administration. A buffer If Cefalu and Cali only had contact with the panel of guys that they absolutely trusted, then it limits their possibility of getting busted. It protects them from LE and Rats. So they give the orders to the panel and panel to the Capos. It has worked too. Did they get busted in that time period, no.

But also wasn't Cefalu without an underboss originally, with Cali on supervised release
TommyNoto
Sergeant Of Arms

Post by TommyNoto »

TommyGambino wrote: Fri Nov 01, 2019 12:59 pm

I think the meaning of ub and consigliere is completely different to what it meant in the old days, now it seems to just be the top three guys are the admin or the boss putting in someone from a rival faction to ease tensions? I mean Paradiso is Gambino consigliere, you think he's advising Cefalu lol
Good point and I wonder if that’s why allegedly the Westside doesn’t have a full admin as far as we know as it’s pointless and not needed . Almost like a computer replacing a secretaries job today . Interesting it seems WS figured that out before the others.
AlexfromSouth
Sergeant Of Arms

Post by AlexfromSouth »

Whrn did Cefalu arive to the US?
NinoFromNYC2
Straightened out

Post by NinoFromNYC2 »

Dom was never a big Earner and he doesn’t have the business skills like some of these other guys do. He is definitely more of a loyalist old school guy steeped into the Sicilian Mafia Tradition. Men like Dom are the last of the Mohicans You can’t find new generation like that anymore.
NinoFromNYC2
Straightened out

Post by NinoFromNYC2 »

He arrived in like the 1960’s or 1970’s from Palermo, Sicily.
Wiseguy
Filthy Few

Post by Wiseguy »

CabriniGreen wrote: Fri Nov 01, 2019 10:49 am Also, Frank, a panel can be formed as a compromise between competing factions or mobsters. Like a compromise..... Like the Genovese probably used one until a central figure like a Barney is ready to take the reigns....
I don't think it was a case of competing factions but, since you mention it, Bellomo (acting boss) is indicted 1996, Cirillo takes over and establishes a ruling panel which they use for about the next 20 years, and then Bellomo takes over again (as official boss) with no report of a panel being used anymore.
All roads lead to New York.
bklynborn1210
Associate

Post by bklynborn1210 »

Dom Cefalu "allegedly" hasn't been boss for 8 years. Frankie Cali "allegedly" was said to be the acting boss from 2015 until he was gunned down outside his home on Staten Island in 2019 as per a daily news article.
chin_gigante
Full Patched

Post by chin_gigante »

bklynborn1210 wrote: Fri Nov 01, 2019 4:04 pm Dom Cefalu "allegedly" hasn't been boss for 8 years. Frankie Cali "allegedly" was said to be the acting boss from 2015 until he was gunned down outside his home on Staten Island in 2019 as per a daily news article.
That Daily News article was based on a 2015 Jerry Capeci Gang Land News article. The Daily News, New York Times and everyone else didn't pay any attention when a week later Capeci wrote another article in which sources came forward saying Cefalu was still acting boss and Cali underboss. And following Cali's death the FBI confirmed they were still carrying him as underboss and Cefalu as acting boss
'You don't go crucifying people outside a church; not on Good Friday.'
bklynborn1210
Associate

Post by bklynborn1210 »

chin_gigante wrote: Fri Nov 01, 2019 4:16 pm
bklynborn1210 wrote: Fri Nov 01, 2019 4:04 pm Dom Cefalu "allegedly" hasn't been boss for 8 years. Frankie Cali "allegedly" was said to be the acting boss from 2015 until he was gunned down outside his home on Staten Island in 2019 as per a daily news article.
That Daily News article was based on a 2015 Jerry Capeci Gang Land News article. The Daily News, New York Times and everyone else didn't pay any attention when a week later Capeci wrote another article in which sources came forward saying Cefalu was still acting boss and Cali underboss. And following Cali's death the FBI confirmed they were still carrying him as underboss and Cefalu as acting boss
[That cracks me up when Capeci says "sources came forward" WHO? rats, informers or the FBI... You cant trust a word from any of them... Don't believe everything you read my friend]
TommyGambino
Full Patched

Post by TommyGambino »

bklynborn1210 wrote: Fri Nov 01, 2019 4:39 pm
[That cracks me up when Capeci says "sources came forward" WHO? rats, informers or the FBI... You cant trust a word from any of them... Don't believe everything you read my friend]
Capeci's sources have always been reliable
bklynborn1210
Associate

Post by bklynborn1210 »

TommyGambino wrote: Fri Nov 01, 2019 4:42 pm
bklynborn1210 wrote: Fri Nov 01, 2019 4:39 pm
Capeci's sources have always been reliable
[I agree in certain instances they are reliable because he gets all his information from agents, prosecutors and rats]
TommyGambino
Full Patched

Post by TommyGambino »

I'm sure it was felice (maybe im wrong) who said cefalu has a son that is made, strange he's never been mentioned by anyone though, not saying felice is wrong btw, is his uncle still alive, think his name was Riccardo, anyone have any idea when he was made? Interesting and lowkey family the cefalus, the cousin big dom who is a capo makes a fortune through a canadian construction company i remember capeci saying
slimshady_007
Full Patched

Post by slimshady_007 »

TommyGambino wrote: Fri Nov 01, 2019 6:09 pm I'm sure it was felice (maybe im wrong) who said cefalu has a son that is made, strange he's never been mentioned by anyone though, not saying felice is wrong btw, is his uncle still alive, think his name was Riccardo, anyone have any idea when he was made? Interesting and lowkey family the cefalus, the cousin big dom who is a capo makes a fortune through a canadian construction company i remember capeci saying
Interesting info. Any idea when big dom was made?
Wise men listen and laugh, while fools talk.
CabriniGreen
Full Patched

Post by CabriniGreen »

Riccardo Cefalu, my opinion was the actual power in Pat Contes crew..... felice info said it was common knowledge Conte bought his button....