New LCNBios Update

Discuss all mafia families in the U.S., Canada, Italy, and everywhere else in the world.

Moderator: Capos

moneyman
Sergeant Of Arms

Re: New LCNBios Update

Post by moneyman »

Mancuso must have approved Cammarano as acting boss in 2015 correct? So the big mystery is why Mancuso wants Cammarano to step down as acting boss in 2017.
Breadman
Straightened out

Post by Breadman »

any Idea who sponsored the Grimaldis'? possibly Cammarano Sr?
johnny_scootch
Full Patched

Post by johnny_scootch »

JMAN0723 wrote: Tue Aug 27, 2019 7:24 pm
johnny_scootch wrote: Tue Aug 27, 2019 11:24 am Does anyone know when the Bonanno's stopped using the full initiation ceremony? We should be able to narrow down a decent time frame with all those informants. I wonder what Gotti would have said if he found out they had abandoned the traditional ceremony, keeping in mind his reaction to receiving the same news about the Decavalcante family.
I think even before Gotti's induction they were doing some untraditional things. I think Joe Massino mentioned that during his ceremony they told him to pretend there was a gun/knife on the table because times were tough with law enforcement. That ceremony happened in June 14 1977 and Gotti didnt get made until around Halloween 77 I believe

Yes I realize this. Just wondering what Gotti would have done while he was boss in regards to the Bonanno's considering he made the Decavalcantes remake all the guys that went thru the shortened ceremony.
johnny_scootch
Full Patched

Post by johnny_scootch »

Joe Bosco was running the family with Vinny TV in 2012 according to JD. It seems like he was a captain also. I've barely heard of this guy, anyone have any info?
Cheech
Full Patched

Post by Cheech »

moneyman wrote: Wed Aug 28, 2019 4:41 am Mancuso must have approved Cammarano as acting boss in 2015 correct? So the big mystery is why Mancuso wants Cammarano to step down as acting boss in 2017.
Cammarano had the capos vote with out mancuso or palazallo knowing or something of that nature.
I'll race you around the corner for fuckin $400 - the skinny
thekiduknow
Full Patched

Post by thekiduknow »

johnny_scootch wrote: Tue Aug 27, 2019 11:24 am Does anyone know when the Bonanno's stopped using the full initiation ceremony? We should be able to narrow down a decent time frame with all those informants. I wonder what Gotti would have said if he found out they had abandoned the traditional ceremony, keeping in mind his reaction to receiving the same news about the Decavalcante family.
I’m pretty sure in the topic about the Bonannos in the 70s, B. and others discuss the lack of “proper” inductions in the Bonannos going back even further than the 70s. I believe William Darra didn’t have the traditional ceremony, although I’d have to recheck my notes. Other informants stated that they were merely told they were inducted at a dinner, or in the back room of a bar. Joe Bonanno himself doesn’t say his ceremony had the gun and the knife, which is odd given how proud he is of the “traditional” mafia.
slimshady_007
Full Patched

Post by slimshady_007 »

Interesting info about Johnny Joe Spirito Jr bein shelved.
Wise men listen and laugh, while fools talk.
gohnjotti
Full Patched

Post by gohnjotti »

slimshady_007 wrote: Wed Aug 28, 2019 11:54 am Interesting info about Johnny Joe Spirito Jr bein shelved.
He was shelved by Cammarano Jr., right? Because Cammarano didn’t like the messages Spirito was passing from Mancuso in prison. I imagine that with Mancuso’s re-ascension to power, Spirito is back in the fold.
I don't know dick about dick.

http://thecolombomafia.com
johnny_scootch
Full Patched

Post by johnny_scootch »

gohnjotti wrote: Wed Aug 28, 2019 12:15 pm
slimshady_007 wrote: Wed Aug 28, 2019 11:54 am Interesting info about Johnny Joe Spirito Jr bein shelved.
He was shelved by Cammarano Jr., right? Because Cammarano didn’t like the messages Spirito was passing from Mancuso in prison. I imagine that with Mancuso’s re-ascension to power, Spirito is back in the fold.
A great assessment and one with which I fully agree. I'd bet anyone shelved by the 'rebel' admin will have a good shot of being reinstated.
gohnjotti
Full Patched

Post by gohnjotti »

johnny_scootch wrote: Wed Aug 28, 2019 2:46 pm
gohnjotti wrote: Wed Aug 28, 2019 12:15 pm
A great assessment and one with which I fully agree. I'd bet anyone shelved by the 'rebel' admin will have a good shot of being reinstated.
Exactly. It says Spirito was shelved because he was passing "fake messages" from Mancuso, according to Lovaglio. I doubt that. I think it's more likely that Cammarano Jr. simply didn't like what he heard.
I don't know dick about dick.

http://thecolombomafia.com
Lupara
Full Patched

Re: RE: Re: New LCNBios Update

Post by Lupara »

thekiduknow wrote:
I’m pretty sure in the topic about the Bonannos in the 70s, B. and others discuss the lack of “proper” inductions in the Bonannos going back even further than the 70s. I believe William Darra didn’t have the traditional ceremony, although I’d have to recheck my notes. Other informants stated that they were merely told they were inducted at a dinner, or in the back room of a bar. Joe Bonanno himself doesn’t say his ceremony had the gun and the knife, which is odd given how proud he is of the “traditional” mafia.
Even more odd if it was carried out by Maranzano. I find it hard to believe a great traditionalist such as Maranzano who believed in symbolism wouldn't use the gun and knive, but perhaps it was also simplified due to 'hard times'.
thekiduknow
Full Patched

Post by thekiduknow »

Lupara wrote: Wed Aug 28, 2019 3:39 pm
thekiduknow wrote:
Even more odd if it was carried out by Maranzano. I find it hard to believe a great traditionalist such as Maranzano who believed in symbolism wouldn't use the gun and knive, but perhaps it was also simplified due to 'hard times'.
Looking through JB's book, me makes it seem his induction occurred around 1929, and from the way he describes it Maranzano was a powerful leader within the Castellemmarese Family, but wasn't the boss. Nicolo Schiro would have been, so either he didn't use the gun and the knife, or Bonanno just didn't mention it.

Maranzano, on the other hand, did the whole works even in turbulent times. Joe Valachi was inducted by Maranzano, and describes the ceremony as we know it today, with the gun and the knife, the pricking of the finger and the burning saint.
johnny_scootch
Full Patched

Post by johnny_scootch »

thekiduknow wrote: Wed Aug 28, 2019 4:17 pm
Lupara wrote: Wed Aug 28, 2019 3:39 pm
thekiduknow wrote:
Looking through JB's book, me makes it seem his induction occurred around 1929, and from the way he describes it Maranzano was a powerful leader within the Castellemmarese Family, but wasn't the boss. Nicolo Schiro would have been, so either he didn't use the gun and the knife, or Bonanno just didn't mention it.

Maranzano, on the other hand, did the whole works even in turbulent times. Joe Valachi was inducted by Maranzano, and describes the ceremony as we know it today, with the gun and the knife, the pricking of the finger and the burning saint.
Bonanno left the details of his ceremony out purposely, there is little to no chance he didn't go through the full ceremony.
Wiseguy
Filthy Few

Post by Wiseguy »

Looking through that latest info on the Bonannos on JD's blog, as well as the recent Gang Land article about Mancuso shelving captains, it almost seems like they would have gone to war if this were years ago.
All roads lead to New York.
Frank
Full Patched

Post by Frank »

Wiseguy wrote: Wed Aug 28, 2019 4:41 pm Looking through that latest info on the Bonannos on JD's blog, as well as the recent Gang Land article about Mancuso shelving captains, it almost seems like they would have gone to war if this were years ago.
Yes I agree. With the current info, it seems that Cammarano, and the Grimaldis we're trying to take over the Family. They had to be prepared for anything, knowing Mancuso was getting out soon.