New LCNBios Update

Discuss all mafia families in the U.S., Canada, Italy, and everywhere else in the world.

Moderator: Capos

Pogo The Clown
Men Of Mayhem

Re: New LCNBios Update

Post by Pogo The Clown »

Updated with a Colombo making ceremony from 1957.

Pogo
It's a new morning in America... fresh, vital. The old cynicism is gone. We have faith in our leaders. We're optimistic as to what becomes of it all. It really boils down to our ability to accept. We don't need pessimism. There are no limits.
Eld
Straightened out

Post by Eld »

Interesting post. I guess JD has a theory who the informant was. If the informant was present at the ceremony it's probably Dello or Scianna. Dello got sent to prison around the time the CI stopped providing information. Scianna was on parole, possibly shelved and had a drinking problem, making susceptible to recruitment as a CI.
chin_gigante
Full Patched

Post by chin_gigante »

I'm hoping JD gets around to Ralph Natale again sometime. That post had a lot of great information on him and Philly in general
'You don't go crucifying people outside a church; not on Good Friday.'
moneyman
Sergeant Of Arms

Post by moneyman »

28 NJ based members seems high even for the Genovese in 1980. I wonder if he means NJ based crews with a primary residence in NJ or if the list includes members who live in NJ but primarily operate in NY.
Pogo The Clown
Men Of Mayhem

Post by Pogo The Clown »

Updated with a DeCavalcante chart from 1965.

Pogo
It's a new morning in America... fresh, vital. The old cynicism is gone. We have faith in our leaders. We're optimistic as to what becomes of it all. It really boils down to our ability to accept. We don't need pessimism. There are no limits.
Pogo The Clown
Men Of Mayhem

Post by Pogo The Clown »

Updated with with a great 1980 Colombo chart and pictures from a Gambino wake.

Pogo
Pogo The Clown
Men Of Mayhem

Post by Pogo The Clown »

Updated with a good chart of the Gambinos in 1997.

Pogo
Pogo The Clown
Men Of Mayhem

Post by Pogo The Clown »

Updated with Bonanno induction ceremonies from the 1980s and 1990s.

Pogo
SonnyBlackstein
Filthy Few

Post by SonnyBlackstein »

Pogo The Clown wrote: Mon Aug 26, 2019 6:00 pm Updated with Bonanno induction ceremonies from the 1980s and 1990s.

Pogo

Groupie!
Don't give me your f***ing Manson lamps.
johnny_scootch
Full Patched

Post by johnny_scootch »

Does anyone know when the Bonanno's stopped using the full initiation ceremony? We should be able to narrow down a decent time frame with all those informants. I wonder what Gotti would have said if he found out they had abandoned the traditional ceremony, keeping in mind his reaction to receiving the same news about the Decavalcante family.
slimshady_007
Full Patched

Post by slimshady_007 »

Any info on Bonanno soldier Salvatore 'Sally Horse' Tozzi and why he was killed? It says on the recent lcn bios update that Tozzi was whacked in 93.
Wise men listen and laugh, while fools talk.
JMAN723
Straightened out

Post by JMAN723 »

johnny_scootch wrote: Tue Aug 27, 2019 11:24 am Does anyone know when the Bonanno's stopped using the full initiation ceremony? We should be able to narrow down a decent time frame with all those informants. I wonder what Gotti would have said if he found out they had abandoned the traditional ceremony, keeping in mind his reaction to receiving the same news about the Decavalcante family.
I think even before Gotti's induction they were doing some untraditional things. I think Joe Massino mentioned that during his ceremony they told him to pretend there was a gun/knife on the table because times were tough with law enforcement. That ceremony happened in June 14 1977 and Gotti didnt get made until around Halloween 77 I believe
Chucky
Full Patched

Post by Chucky »

Updated again with very recent Bonanno stuff, a lot of stuff on Cammarano, Mancuso, Zancocchio, Badalamenti, DiPilato, and a few others.
Just smile and blow me - Mel Gibson
Wiseguy
Filthy Few

Post by Wiseguy »

johnny_scootch wrote: Tue Aug 27, 2019 11:24 am Does anyone know when the Bonanno's stopped using the full initiation ceremony? We should be able to narrow down a decent time frame with all those informants. I wonder what Gotti would have said if he found out they had abandoned the traditional ceremony, keeping in mind his reaction to receiving the same news about the Decavalcante family.
And the way that they do it, it's all fucked up. Guys don't get their finger pricked. There's no sword and gun on the table. Either it has meaning or no meaning.
All roads lead to New York.
Wiseguy
Filthy Few

Post by Wiseguy »

I wonder if these were all the captains (9 crews) at the 2015 meeting.

- Joseph DeSimone (Captain)
- Anthony Fasitta (Captain)
- Ronald Giallanzo (Captain)
- Joseph Grimaldi (Captain)
- Vito Grimaldi (Captain)
- Peter Lovaglio (Captain)
- Joseph Sabella (Captain)
- George Tropiano (Captain)
- John Zancocchio (Captain)
- Al Armetta (Acting Captain for Lovaglio)
- Natale Mule (Acting Captain for J. Grimaldi)
All roads lead to New York.