Buffalo/Ontario Mob Acitivity

Discuss all mafia families in the U.S., Canada, Italy, and everywhere else in the world.

Moderator: Capos

CabriniGreen
Full Patched

Re: RE: Re: Buffalo/Ontario Mob Acitivity

Post by CabriniGreen »

Lupara wrote: Tue Aug 20, 2019 2:29 am
CabriniGreen wrote:Also, what does " stabilizing" mean when there are still murders happening?

Are they unrelated? Doubtful, right?
The murders may very well be part of the stabilization proces. Sal Scoppa's for instance.
Stabilize, UNDER WHO?
CabriniGreen
Full Patched

Re: Buffalo/Ontario Mob Acitivity

Post by CabriniGreen »

Another question, the article mentioned Arcadi and Cotroni...

WOULD the Violis be open to working with Rizzuto and Sollecito? Is that possible? Now THAT WOULD be stabilization...

Because I cant see a resolution if these guys are hostile towards each other.....

Like Scoppa, the Musitanos COULD be part of the stabilization too... But who's giving the orders? Rizzutos? New York Bonnanos like Cotroni? The Violis? Buffalo? The Violis on behalf of either Buffalo OR New York?

A coalition of mobsters with shared business interest? Possibly including hungry Calabrian clans?
Lupara
Full Patched

Re: RE: Re: RE: Re: Buffalo/Ontario Mob Acitivity

Post by Lupara »

CabriniGreen wrote:
CabriniGreen wrote:Also, what does " stabilizing" mean when there are still murders happening?

The murders may very well be part of the stabilization proces. Sal Scoppa's for instance.
Stabilize, UNDER WHO?
Under the for the sake of everyone working together to make money. Scoppa was a trouble maker and it looks like an outlier.
Lupara
Full Patched

Re: RE: Re: Buffalo/Ontario Mob Acitivity

Post by Lupara »

CabriniGreen wrote:Another question, the article mentioned Arcadi and Cotroni...

WOULD the Violis be open to working with Rizzuto and Sollecito? Is that possible? Now THAT WOULD be stabilization...

Because I cant see a resolution if these guys are hostile towards each other.....

Like Scoppa, the Musitanos COULD be part of the stabilization too... But who's giving the orders? Rizzutos? New York Bonnanos like Cotroni? The Violis? Buffalo? The Violis on behalf of either Buffalo OR New York?

A coalition of mobsters with shared business interest? Possibly including hungry Calabrian clans?
Nobody knows. The more we learn, the more we realize how little we actually know. Maranzano in Hamilton, Luppino perhaps being related to Todaro, Bonanno bringing over Violi, apparantly, etc.

While the Americans in the States suck at keeping secrets, they do a real good job at keeping their ongoings, influence and relationships in Canada a mystery, as it's supposed to.
CabriniGreen
Full Patched

Re: RE: Re: RE: Re: Buffalo/Ontario Mob Acitivity

Post by CabriniGreen »

Lupara wrote: Tue Aug 20, 2019 5:15 am
CabriniGreen wrote:

Stabilize, UNDER WHO?
Under the for the sake of everyone working together to make money. Scoppa was a trouble maker and it looks like an outlier.
Come on now, stop playing....

Are the Rizzutos back in the fold under the Bonnanos?

Is that what the Violis meant?

Or are they still calling thier own shot?
CabriniGreen
Full Patched

Post by CabriniGreen »

Ah, just got around d to reading one of the articles antimafia posted...

Looks like the cartel wacked the Caputo guy....

Now you have the Cartel as a player up there too.....

And I gotta say, all these guys supposed to be big time players, getting 200 kilos fronted to them, and the fuckin idiots cant be bothered to PAY?

I've noticed the Italians are prone to this thinking... it's like they dont think they will get hit behind it..... Commisos too.... they did it with the Wolfpack....
Streets is the Streets.....
CabriniGreen
Full Patched

Re: The ‘Ndrangheta in Ontario

Post by CabriniGreen »

NickleCity wrote: Mon Aug 12, 2019 7:53 am
SonnyBlackstein wrote: Sun Aug 11, 2019 8:17 pm
antimafia wrote: Sun Aug 11, 2019 6:53 pm
antimafia wrote: Fri Aug 09, 2019 10:09 am
antimafia wrote: Tue Jul 23, 2019 6:00 am Please let me know whether you hit a paywall when tapping/clicking on the link below, in which case I'll try to find another URL.

Police still seeking Toronto man in wake of massive Canadian-Italian Mafia investigation

https://www.thestar.com/news/gta/2019/0 ... ation.html
Fourteen more individuals have been arrested, half of whom are living in the Greater Toronto Area.

Blitz contro le 'ndrine Muià, Figliomeni e Commisso: 16 arresti nella "Canada connection"
https://www.reggiotoday.it/cronaca/ndra ... resti.html

Il cuore a Siderno e il cervello a Toronto: la “longa manus” canadese delle ‘ndrine reggine
http://www.cn24tv.it/news/195238/operaz ... tagli.html
Italian Mafia boss visiting Canada unwittingly carried a police wiretap to his meetings

https://nationalpost.com/news/canada/it ... -meetings/
Thanks anti. Great post.
Hollander posted the following on another board:
Toronto? By now it's worse than Siderno », slots in bars sparked the 'ndrangheta war
by Rocco Muscari - 12 August 2019

"But where c .. you have to go ..., says that it has become worse than here [to Siderno], a c ... of brothel" . It is February 13, 2019 when Macrì conversed with a family member of Carmelo Muià, known as "Mino", advises him not to go to Canada where, in recent times, there have been a series of criminal events and conflicts that had also affected some of the "Major" of the families of Siderna, operating overseas.

These are some of the background contained in the precautionary custody order of the operation "Canadian 'Ndrangheta Connection" which in recent days has led to 28 arrests.

Disagreements related also to a split by some belonging to the Calabrian clans, allied "with the Sicilians" present in Canada - reconstructs the Gazzetta del Sud on newsstands -; a coalition that, in fact, placed those subjects in opposition to their own criminal interests.

According to one of the conversants, it is up to the group of "Sicilians" to impute a series of violent actions committed against the members of the "Siderno Group of Crime", such as "the bomb at Co 'bar", the fire in the "Gimì" room and the killing of the grandson of "Remo Commisso".

https://reggio.gazzettadelsud.it/ar...t ... 285b86f09/
Thoughts on who the Calabrian clans in GTA who are aligned with the Sicilians?
According to the re ent Gangster Report article.... it was the Colluccios, Bruzzese, I gotta check again....
Moscone65
Sergeant Of Arms

Post by Moscone65 »

Bruzzese is the father in law of one of the coluccios.
Moscone65
Sergeant Of Arms

Post by Moscone65 »

CabriniGreen wrote: Tue Aug 20, 2019 5:54 am Ah, just got around d to reading one of the articles antimafia posted...

Looks like the cartel wacked the Caputo guy....

Now you have the Cartel as a player up there too.....

And I gotta say, all these guys supposed to be big time players, getting 200 kilos fronted to them, and the fuckin idiots cant be bothered to PAY?

I've noticed the Italians are prone to this thinking... it's like they dont think they will get hit behind it..... Commisos too.... they did it with the Wolfpack....
Streets is the Streets.....
I heard that after cosimo commisso got killed last year members of the commissos travelled to New York and asked some people there for help. The sicilians are currently using the wolfpack almost like a puppet gang underneath themselves. The rizzutos purposely helped to form the Wolfpack and helped to bring them over to Ontario to fight and compete with the calabrese. So supposedly the people in New York said that the commissos shouldn’t have ripped people off and they didn’t get involved. This is what I heard, can’t confirm how true it is or who in New York they went to see, just sharing what I heard.
scagghiuni
Full Patched

Post by scagghiuni »

Moscone65 wrote: Tue Aug 20, 2019 7:05 am I heard that after cosimo commisso got killed last year members of the commissos travelled to New York and asked some people there for help. The sicilians are currently using the wolfpack almost like a puppet gang underneath themselves. The rizzutos purposely helped to form the Wolfpack and helped to bring them over to Ontario to fight and compete with the calabrese. So supposedly the people in New York said that the commissos shouldn’t have ripped people off and they didn’t get involved. This is what I heard, can’t confirm how true it is or who in New York they went to see, just sharing what I heard.
they probably meant the rizzuto's and caruana/cuntrera's when they blamed the 'sicilians' in the wiretaps, the commisso's probably aligned with the bonanno's in the conflict against the rizzuto faction in montreal
Moscone65
Sergeant Of Arms

Post by Moscone65 »

There was a big beef last summer here in Woodbridge involving the caruana cuntreras and some calabrese. One of the caruana guys’ house got shot at like twice, and set on fire once. If I recall he left the country at one point and went to either Italy or Aruba or venezuela to lie low, I can’t remember. The police seemed to know about the threat because they warned him in advance. Oddly enough the people they hired to do it were Canadian wasp/redneck types which you would assume would be tied to bikers and working with/for the sicilians... so damn confusing lol
NickleCity
Full Patched

Post by NickleCity »

antimafia wrote: Mon Aug 19, 2019 7:15 pm
NickleCity wrote: Mon Aug 19, 2019 5:28 pm So I did a FOIA request several months ago for information regarding the alleged familial connections between Giacomo Luppino and Jospeh Edward Todaro Sr.

This evening, I just received a letter stating there are 10,010 documents related to this topic and that it would be $265 to receive this material. This has to be a mistake right? In my mind that has to be the number of documents in Senior's complete file.

Needless to say, I am writing to ask the FBI to verify the veracity of their determination and request a discussion about limiting the scope of my request for information if it is true.
Paul Manning deleted his original tweet that first indicated there was a family relationship between Joe Todaro Sr. and Giacomo Luppino's wife, Domenica Todaro. However, you can read the thread by going to https://twitter.com/CdnOrgC/status/1103 ... 07584?s=20. You'll see that Manning did tweet the following in reply to my question about corroboration:

Paul Manning @mobinfiltrator

Confirmed through police sources circa. 2002. I have intel and debrief reports also.
5:00 PM · Mar 6, 2019

NickleCity, I think you'd just be throwing your money away to find evidence of a family tie. I'm sure Paul got the impression from my tweet replies that I thought law enforcement had collected some really bad intel on that particular subject.

As anyone will see from my tweets, there could be the possibility that Domenica Todaro had Sicilian ancestry and moved to Giacomo Luppino's hometown in Calabria. Maybe she might have even been born in Castellace -- we should all recall that Johnny Papalia's mother, who had Sicilian ancestry, was born in Delianuova, also in Calabria. When figuring out if and when Domenica Todaro might have moved to Castellace or was born there, keep in mind that Vincenzo Luppino's approximate year of birth in Castellace is 1924 or 1925.

I have never found online an obituary for Domenica Todaro Luppino. The online Hamilton Spectator archives don't list her obituary, but I think the hard-copy obituary might be found in a library's microfilm of the newspaper -- a librarian at a Hamilton library could be of help and may look it up for you for free.

I was surprised but not shocked to learn that the recently slain Paolo Caputo had ancestry from the province of Vibo Valentia in Calabria (his parents were born in different towns in that province). I had always figured that his brothers Martino and Antonio Caputo, who were known associates of Vito Rizzuto, had Sicilian ancestry, even though I knew the surname is commonly found in both Sicily and Calabria. So I'm open to entertaining a possible family relationship between Domenica Todaro Luppino and Joe Todaro Sr. but I'm doubtful. If it is true, it would explain a lot. But the more I learn about the Luppinos and the Violis, the more I learn how in North America they have stuck to their 'ndrangheta roots from Italy, partly as a result of being related to 'ndrangheta members in Italy and, likely, in other countries.
Thanks for the info Anti.... I didn’t realize Manning had posted that, and then taken it down. Do you know when originally posted the info and then when it was taken down?

Your are probably right about that it is a long shot the Luppinos And Todaro’s are related thru Dominica. However as of July 27 Manning still thought the intel was good. I asked him about it on this thread and he said he would get back with us and “settle this for good.”

He hasn’t yet, but I just figured he was busy with everything else going on. Here is the post: viewtopic.php?f=29&t=4122&p=116438&hili ... y”#p116438

Definitely not going to pay over $265 and look thru 10,000 documents. But I will make sure the FBI knows I only want documents related to alleged Todaro/Luppino familial connections. It will be interesting to see if they have the same intelligence Canadian LE had and whether they have verified or concluded it inaccurate.
antimafia
Full Patched

Post by antimafia »

NickleCity wrote: Tue Aug 20, 2019 8:37 am
antimafia wrote: Mon Aug 19, 2019 7:15 pm
NickleCity wrote: Mon Aug 19, 2019 5:28 pm So I did a FOIA request several months ago for information regarding the alleged familial connections between Giacomo Luppino and Jospeh Edward Todaro Sr.

This evening, I just received a letter stating there are 10,010 documents related to this topic and that it would be $265 to receive this material. This has to be a mistake right? In my mind that has to be the number of documents in Senior's complete file.

Needless to say, I am writing to ask the FBI to verify the veracity of their determination and request a discussion about limiting the scope of my request for information if it is true.
Paul Manning deleted his original tweet that first indicated there was a family relationship between Joe Todaro Sr. and Giacomo Luppino's wife, Domenica Todaro. However, you can read the thread by going to https://twitter.com/CdnOrgC/status/1103 ... 07584?s=20. You'll see that Manning did tweet the following in reply to my question about corroboration:

Paul Manning @mobinfiltrator

Confirmed through police sources circa. 2002. I have intel and debrief reports also.
5:00 PM · Mar 6, 2019

NickleCity, I think you'd just be throwing your money away to find evidence of a family tie. I'm sure Paul got the impression from my tweet replies that I thought law enforcement had collected some really bad intel on that particular subject.

As anyone will see from my tweets, there could be the possibility that Domenica Todaro had Sicilian ancestry and moved to Giacomo Luppino's hometown in Calabria. Maybe she might have even been born in Castellace -- we should all recall that Johnny Papalia's mother, who had Sicilian ancestry, was born in Delianuova, also in Calabria. When figuring out if and when Domenica Todaro might have moved to Castellace or was born there, keep in mind that Vincenzo Luppino's approximate year of birth in Castellace is 1924 or 1925.

I have never found online an obituary for Domenica Todaro Luppino. The online Hamilton Spectator archives don't list her obituary, but I think the hard-copy obituary might be found in a library's microfilm of the newspaper -- a librarian at a Hamilton library could be of help and may look it up for you for free.

I was surprised but not shocked to learn that the recently slain Paolo Caputo had ancestry from the province of Vibo Valentia in Calabria (his parents were born in different towns in that province). I had always figured that his brothers Martino and Antonio Caputo, who were known associates of Vito Rizzuto, had Sicilian ancestry, even though I knew the surname is commonly found in both Sicily and Calabria. So I'm open to entertaining a possible family relationship between Domenica Todaro Luppino and Joe Todaro Sr. but I'm doubtful. If it is true, it would explain a lot. But the more I learn about the Luppinos and the Violis, the more I learn how in North America they have stuck to their 'ndrangheta roots from Italy, partly as a result of being related to 'ndrangheta members in Italy and, likely, in other countries.
Thanks for the info Anti.... I didn’t realize Manning had posted that, and then taken it down. Do you know when originally posted the info and then when it was taken down?

Your are probably right about that it is a long shot the Luppinos And Todaro’s are related thru Dominica. However as of July 27 Manning still thought the intel was good. I asked him about it on this thread and he said he would get back with us and “settle this for good.”

He hasn’t yet, but I just figured he was busy with everything else going on. Here is the post: viewtopic.php?f=29&t=4122&p=116438&hili ... y”#p116438

Definitely not going to pay over $265 and look thru 10,000 documents. But I will make sure the FBI knows I only want documents related to alleged Todaro/Luppino familial connections. It will be interesting to see if they have the same intelligence Canadian LE had and whether they have verified or concluded it inaccurate.
Paul would have likely posted his original tweet on March 5 or March 6, 2019.

I made an error about Vincenzo Luppino's year of birth -- the YOB is not approximately 1924 or 1925; rather, it is in fact 1926. See https://familysearch.org/ark:/61903/1:1:QVKR-FDJY and https://www.findagrave.com/memorial/541 ... zo-luppino for date of birth and other details.

Domenica Todaro Luppino's crypt is beside husband Giacomo's at Holy Sepulchre Cemetery in Burlington, per an obituary article by Peter Moon and Stephen Brunt that was published in the Globe and Mail on March 24, 1987, six days after Giacomo's death. Details about the couple's crypts are not found on findagrave.com.
NickleCity
Full Patched

Post by NickleCity »

NickleCity wrote: Wed Aug 07, 2019 3:03 pm
Chris Christie wrote: Wed Aug 07, 2019 5:21 am
I don't think anyone here is arguing that Buffalo's stayed silent from 1998 until 2017 because they are criminal masterminds. But what comes with the 2014 Allegations is the possibility that this group was beefed up within a very short timeframe i.e. 15 or even 20 new members by 2017 to round out 30 by counting alive heads from the 2006 and 1997 charts. It's that or the FBI missed 5-10 members in 1997 and 2006 which I don't think is likely.
I am not 100% convinced they have been completely quiet from 1998 to 2014. Here is one example:

The Las Vegas HOA Scam:

Then real quick and without documentation there is the Massimi murder that a LE officer who married into the Aiello family (think BUSICO) and grew up with those alleged to be involved told me to look into and that the Buffalo News said reminded Buffalo of the mob.

Finally there is the Butch Quarcini indictment and convictions of the Niagara Falls LIUNA Local 91 "Goon Squad" in the early to mid 2000's. 91 and Quarcini worked closely with Pieri during Love Canal "clean-up" and answered to the family during the Todaro era according to Fino.

Not saying the Buffalo mob is huge or that Todaro is a mastermind, but a case can be made that there could have been some activity that resulted in arrests of those alleged to be a part of and/or on the fringes of the mob in Buffalo.
Here is something else to add to the reasons I don't think the Buffalo mob has been completely silent. There was a Louis Turchiarelli with ties to the Bianchi's of Rochester arrested for gambling/extortion. The Buffalo News writes:
Louis D. Turchiarelli, who has run unsuccessfully for seats on the Erie County Legislature and Buffalo's Common Council, is accused by federal agents of trying to collect a gambling debt in Rochester.

"A felony charge of attempting to collect a gambling debt through extortion and threats of violence was filed against him on Oct. 26," said Paul M. Moskal, spokesman for the Buffalo FBI office. "The charge is still pending."

...snip
"Lou has been my friend since we were kids . . . He is not a gangster. He's not what they are making him out to be," said Joseph Cimato, 39, of Kenmore, one of two men arrested with Turchiarelli by FBI agents.

Turchiarelli, [Joseph] Cimato and Joseph Bianchi, 32, of Rochester, are accused of trying to collect thousands of dollars from a Rochester man who owed money to bookies. FBI agents arrested the three defendants when they allegedly met the man at a parking lot.

Moskal said he could not comment when asked if the bookmaking ring had ties to organized crime.
Then notice this name from the end of the article:
According to party officials, Turchiarelli also was involved in an altercation about a year ago at a party fund-raiser at the Market Arcade. He was accused of punching Marc C. Panepinto, a party committeeman. Turchiarelli was then tackled by Sean Ryan, a zone chairman. Party officials said the battle was over politics.

"The police came, but I declined to press charges," Panepinto said Wednesday.
Turchiarelli's name comes up again in a 2013 article by Frank Parlato'2013 article in the Niagara Falls Reporter called "Target Of Libelous 'Mafia Enforcer' Attack Ads Works Hard, Lives Clean." Parlato writes:
In one of the articles in the newsletter, delivered to Democratic voters the day before the primary, The Niagara Examiner writes:

"If you look through Councilman Fruscione's nominating petitions, you find that dozens of names were collected by a man named Louis Turchiarelli.

"Hopefully that name doesn't sound familiar to you. Mr. Turchiarelli recently completed his prison sentence for extortion, after being convicted of using threats of violence to exact an $18,000 gambling debt from a man in Rochester, NY.

"Councilman Fruscione, known for his love of all things Mafioso, found it wise to send this gentleman door-to-door in Niagara Falls, collecting signatures. That means the homes of our parents, grandparents, and children."
Parlato then goes on to spout Turchiarelli's background as a degenerate gambler and boxer from Buffalo's westside and his rehabilitation in prison & virtues in the rest of the article. It is good story. Here is the link: https://www.niagarafallsreporter.com/St ... /whil.html

TIN FOIL HAT TIME
Who is Frank Parlato?

He is a newspaper editor/publisher/owner in Niagara County. These papers are The Niagara Falls Reporter, The Frank Report, and The Art Voice. He is also a developer in The Falls who has some trouble with the law-i.e. money laundering & fraud. Here are a few links:

https://www.niagara-gazette.com/news/lo ... 7c5a7.html
https://buffalonews.com/2018/07/24/seag ... o-accused/
https://buffalonews.com/2018/05/24/feds ... ams-heirs/
https://www.justice.gov/usao-wdny/pr/lo ... ng-charges

Info about Parlato facing new indictments is buried after the News Anchor story in this 2019 article linked below:
https://buffalonews.com/2019/07/01/chan ... wny-angle/

It appears Parlato uses his papers to prove his innocence... (Just do a search on each of those paper's sites.) And this bothered journalists at The ArtVoice which he took over in 2015. A journalist I know indicates many writers and employees left to begin a publication called The Daily Public in 2014 because Frank was using the paper for his own benefit.
https://buffalonews.com/2014/10/24/week ... ice-staff/

After these employees left Frank allegedly made veiled threats to one of the journalists and indicated he was in/or closely connected to the Buffalo mob.

Now one has to take this allegation with a grain of salt. After all Frank Parlato and the Niagara Falls Reporter did go after Butch Quarcini and the Local '91 Goon Squad. I've highlighted those articles her on BHF and on GBB. About his paper’s reporting on Local ’91 Frank Report writes:
Through a series of investigative reports, The Niagara Falls Reporter [The Reporter] exposed criminal conduct by members of Laborers Local 91 in Niagara Falls. These led to multiple indictments of Local 91 members. The Reporter was subpoenaed to disclose its notes. Since the notes would reveal sources, The Reporter chose to face contempt rather than disclose notes. The judge chose not to hold The Reporter in contempt. The conviction of 14 Local 91 members ended the stranglehold of the Mafia on construction jobs in Niagara Falls.

It is likely that Frank values sources as good journalists should. But at the same time if the leaders of the Buffalo mob wanted Quarcini and his “Goon Squad” gone, could these the good journalistic practices be used protect his connection to the mob?

According to Ron Fino, Butch Quarcini was definitely part of the Buffalo mob. Ron writes:
It was always hard for me to figure out who Butch Quarcini answered to. I knew early on, when he first was elected, it was with the blessing of Magaddino’s son-in-law Jimmy LaDuca and Benny Nicolletti Sr. But later on he was not well liked by Roy Carlisi nor by Joe Todaro Sr. They always spoke about him being a loose cannon and never said anything nice about him.
It appears Quarcini wasn't well liked by the leaders of the mob in Buffalo. Had they grown weary of the blue collar, thuggish practices that Quarcini employed? Were they ready to get rid of this “loose cannon?"

Something else I’ve been thinking about: How did Mike Hudson, in his 2013, article get that “inside” information that the Todaros had stepped down and Falzone took over for the in 2006?

...Parlato was part of the paper at that time. If Parlato is connected is this a narrative that the leaders of the Buffalo mob wanted established?

TAKING TIN FOIL HAT OFF
Sounds crazy, I know…

Grasping at straws? Maybe.

Are the two scenarios I put forward about local ’91 and Falzone incorrect? They very well could be and they probably are.

But here is the linchpin: Something is going on.

If you believe there is any truth to what the journalist who left Artvoice said, like I do, then you got ask questions, develop a working theory and look for answers. But be prepared for those working theories to be challenged, changed, accepted and even discarded as new information comes to light.

So please dig in and see what you can learn and or challenge what has been said.

I was challenged by NickyfromTampa on GBB (I know you post her under another name). Props to you!! Your challenges made me learn more than I ever would have otherwise. I appreciate that, although sometimes you frustrated the hell out of me-LOL.
CabriniGreen
Full Patched

Post by CabriniGreen »

NickleCity wrote: Tue Aug 20, 2019 3:01 pm
NickleCity wrote: Wed Aug 07, 2019 3:03 pm
Chris Christie wrote: Wed Aug 07, 2019 5:21 am
I don't think anyone here is arguing that Buffalo's stayed silent from 1998 until 2017 because they are criminal masterminds. But what comes with the 2014 Allegations is the possibility that this group was beefed up within a very short timeframe i.e. 15 or even 20 new members by 2017 to round out 30 by counting alive heads from the 2006 and 1997 charts. It's that or the FBI missed 5-10 members in 1997 and 2006 which I don't think is likely.
I am not 100% convinced they have been completely quiet from 1998 to 2014. Here is one example:

The Las Vegas HOA Scam:

Then real quick and without documentation there is the Massimi murder that a LE officer who married into the Aiello family (think BUSICO) and grew up with those alleged to be involved told me to look into and that the Buffalo News said reminded Buffalo of the mob.

Finally there is the Butch Quarcini indictment and convictions of the Niagara Falls LIUNA Local 91 "Goon Squad" in the early to mid 2000's. 91 and Quarcini worked closely with Pieri during Love Canal "clean-up" and answered to the family during the Todaro era according to Fino.

Not saying the Buffalo mob is huge or that Todaro is a mastermind, but a case can be made that there could have been some activity that resulted in arrests of those alleged to be a part of and/or on the fringes of the mob in Buffalo.
Here is something else to add to the reasons I don't think the Buffalo mob has been completely silent. There was a Louis Turchiarelli with ties to the Bianchi's of Rochester arrested for gambling/extortion. The Buffalo News writes:
Louis D. Turchiarelli, who has run unsuccessfully for seats on the Erie County Legislature and Buffalo's Common Council, is accused by federal agents of trying to collect a gambling debt in Rochester.

"A felony charge of attempting to collect a gambling debt through extortion and threats of violence was filed against him on Oct. 26," said Paul M. Moskal, spokesman for the Buffalo FBI office. "The charge is still pending."

...snip
"Lou has been my friend since we were kids . . . He is not a gangster. He's not what they are making him out to be," said Joseph Cimato, 39, of Kenmore, one of two men arrested with Turchiarelli by FBI agents.

Turchiarelli, [Joseph] Cimato and Joseph Bianchi, 32, of Rochester, are accused of trying to collect thousands of dollars from a Rochester man who owed money to bookies. FBI agents arrested the three defendants when they allegedly met the man at a parking lot.

Moskal said he could not comment when asked if the bookmaking ring had ties to organized crime.
Then notice this name from the end of the article:
According to party officials, Turchiarelli also was involved in an altercation about a year ago at a party fund-raiser at the Market Arcade. He was accused of punching Marc C. Panepinto, a party committeeman. Turchiarelli was then tackled by Sean Ryan, a zone chairman. Party officials said the battle was over politics.

"The police came, but I declined to press charges," Panepinto said Wednesday.
Turchiarelli's name comes up again in a 2013 article by Frank Parlato'2013 article in the Niagara Falls Reporter called "Target Of Libelous 'Mafia Enforcer' Attack Ads Works Hard, Lives Clean." Parlato writes:
In one of the articles in the newsletter, delivered to Democratic voters the day before the primary, The Niagara Examiner writes:

"If you look through Councilman Fruscione's nominating petitions, you find that dozens of names were collected by a man named Louis Turchiarelli.

"Hopefully that name doesn't sound familiar to you. Mr. Turchiarelli recently completed his prison sentence for extortion, after being convicted of using threats of violence to exact an $18,000 gambling debt from a man in Rochester, NY.

"Councilman Fruscione, known for his love of all things Mafioso, found it wise to send this gentleman door-to-door in Niagara Falls, collecting signatures. That means the homes of our parents, grandparents, and children."
Parlato then goes on to spout Turchiarelli's background as a degenerate gambler and boxer from Buffalo's westside and his rehabilitation in prison & virtues in the rest of the article. It is good story. Here is the link: https://www.niagarafallsreporter.com/St ... /whil.html

TIN FOIL HAT TIME
Who is Frank Parlato?

He is a newspaper editor/publisher/owner in Niagara County. These papers are The Niagara Falls Reporter, The Frank Report, and The Art Voice. He is also a developer in The Falls who has some trouble with the law-i.e. money laundering & fraud. Here are a few links:

https://www.niagara-gazette.com/news/lo ... 7c5a7.html
https://buffalonews.com/2018/07/24/seag ... o-accused/
https://buffalonews.com/2018/05/24/feds ... ams-heirs/
https://www.justice.gov/usao-wdny/pr/lo ... ng-charges

Info about Parlato facing new indictments is buried after the News Anchor story in this 2019 article linked below:
https://buffalonews.com/2019/07/01/chan ... wny-angle/

It appears Parlato uses his papers to prove his innocence... (Just do a search on each of those paper's sites.) And this bothered journalists at The ArtVoice which he took over in 2015. A journalist I know indicates many writers and employees left to begin a publication called The Daily Public in 2014 because Frank was using the paper for his own benefit.
https://buffalonews.com/2014/10/24/week ... ice-staff/

After these employees left Frank allegedly made veiled threats to one of the journalists and indicated he was in/or closely connected to the Buffalo mob.

Now one has to take this allegation with a grain of salt. After all Frank Parlato and the Niagara Falls Reporter did go after Butch Quarcini and the Local '91 Goon Squad. I've highlighted those articles her on BHF and on GBB. About his paper’s reporting on Local ’91 Frank Report writes:
Through a series of investigative reports, The Niagara Falls Reporter [The Reporter] exposed criminal conduct by members of Laborers Local 91 in Niagara Falls. These led to multiple indictments of Local 91 members. The Reporter was subpoenaed to disclose its notes. Since the notes would reveal sources, The Reporter chose to face contempt rather than disclose notes. The judge chose not to hold The Reporter in contempt. The conviction of 14 Local 91 members ended the stranglehold of the Mafia on construction jobs in Niagara Falls.

It is likely that Frank values sources as good journalists should. But at the same time if the leaders of the Buffalo mob wanted Quarcini and his “Goon Squad” gone, could these the good journalistic practices be used protect his connection to the mob?

According to Ron Fino, Butch Quarcini was definitely part of the Buffalo mob. Ron writes:
It was always hard for me to figure out who Butch Quarcini answered to. I knew early on, when he first was elected, it was with the blessing of Magaddino’s son-in-law Jimmy LaDuca and Benny Nicolletti Sr. But later on he was not well liked by Roy Carlisi nor by Joe Todaro Sr. They always spoke about him being a loose cannon and never said anything nice about him.
It appears Quarcini wasn't well liked by the leaders of the mob in Buffalo. Had they grown weary of the blue collar, thuggish practices that Quarcini employed? Were they ready to get rid of this “loose cannon?"

Something else I’ve been thinking about: How did Mike Hudson, in his 2013, article get that “inside” information that the Todaros had stepped down and Falzone took over for the in 2006?

...Parlato was part of the paper at that time. If Parlato is connected is this a narrative that the leaders of the Buffalo mob wanted established?

TAKING TIN FOIL HAT OFF
Sounds crazy, I know…

Grasping at straws? Maybe.

Are the two scenarios I put forward about local ’91 and Falzone incorrect? They very well could be and they probably are.

But here is the linchpin: Something is going on.

If you believe there is any truth to what the journalist who left Artvoice said, like I do, then you got ask questions, develop a working theory and look for answers. But be prepared for those working theories to be challenged, changed, accepted and even discarded as new information comes to light.

So please dig in and see what you can learn and or challenge what has been said.

I was challenged by NickyfromTampa on GBB (I know you post her under another name). Props to you!! Your challenges made me learn more than I ever would have otherwise. I appreciate that, although sometimes you frustrated the hell out of me-LOL.

I'm pretty sure its gohnjotti, I followed that discussion, it was a classic, lol