Sammy gravano making a fool of himself

Discuss all mafia families in the U.S., Canada, Italy, and everywhere else in the world.

Moderator: Capos

Grouchy Sinatra
Full Patched

Re: Sammy gravano making a fool of himself

Post by Grouchy Sinatra »

Someone here once said that the best information to get from these turncoats is their earliest works, books, interviews, etc. I couldn't agree more. With each addition book, documentary, etc, the details begin to get more heightened. I mean why do you think they write these additional books? Just like Culotta probably gave his best, most truthful info to Pillegi for the movie. I believe he was still in the program then so a lie might affect his immunity. Same with Henry Hill. Then the subsequent interviews and project they did, notice the stories get more and more outrageous. Now you got Franzese out there letting people call him a boss. The guy who plays Carlo in the Godfather is now calling himself a boss. Everyone's dead and they know killings are rare today. It's pretty much all a joke.
Glick told author Nicholas Pileggi that he expected to meet a banker-type individual, but instead, he found Alvin Baron to be a gruff, tough-talking cigar-chomping Teamster who greeted him with, “What the fuck do you want?”
axx
Straightened out

Post by axx »

They start making shit up to stay interesting and give impression they always have another ace up their sleeve. To keep the camera rolling and money flowing. At least with Gravano he knows he can live of his trophies, he was after all the underboss of one of the largest families, no need to pretend he knows where Hoffa was buried and who killed jfk.
axx
Straightened out

Post by axx »

TallGuy19 wrote: Sun Nov 08, 2020 7:23 am His book, Underboss, goes into detail on most of those topics. It is one of the best mob books I've read so far and I would highly recommend it. Even if you've already heard Sammy's story a million times, the book goes into far greater detail about his life, his crew, his early days with the Colombos, the murder of Johnny Keys, and much more.
It's been some time since I've read Underboss, apparently it doesn't mention this? I expect this thing to surface given that he's finally opening up to the public.
stubbs
Straightened out

Post by stubbs »

Grouchy Sinatra wrote: Sun Nov 08, 2020 8:44 pm Someone here once said that the best information to get from these turncoats is their earliest works, books, interviews, etc. I couldn't agree more. With each addition book, documentary, etc, the details begin to get more heightened. I mean why do you think they write these additional books? Just like Culotta probably gave his best, most truthful info to Pillegi for the movie. I believe he was still in the program then so a lie might affect his immunity. Same with Henry Hill. Then the subsequent interviews and project they did, notice the stories get more and more outrageous. Now you got Franzese out there letting people call him a boss. The guy who plays Carlo in the Godfather is now calling himself a boss. Everyone's dead and they know killings are rare today. It's pretty much all a joke.
Because most of these guys are used to people kissing their asses like they’re celebrities when they were gangsters and on the street. So I think they get used to the attention and want to stay relevant.

They’re like a bunch of old people in their sixties still telling the same old stories over and over about how popular they were back in high school.
Shellackhead
Full Patched

Post by Shellackhead »

What happened to that guy he was buddies with that he mentioned in his most recent video, Allie Boy Cuomo.
Super
Straightened out

Post by Super »

Was a genovese member mentioned a little in the book.
Pmac2
Full Patched

Post by Pmac2 »

If he does another AMA gonna try to ask him what year was his brother in law eddie inducted and did he go to the ceremony. I'm guessing it was in the 70tys when paul was boss because he talks about the cermonys he ran with gotti and never brought up eddie but named most of the guys they inducted
bluehouse
Sergeant Of Arms

Post by bluehouse »

Sammy is actually starting to get more views on his videos than micheal franceze.I think people who get intterested in lcn start off with MF than when they dig abit deeper they find out who sammy was and then realize sammy is the real deal.His stories are way more interesting and after awhile francezes holier-than-thou attitude wears thin.
Shellackhead
Full Patched

Post by Shellackhead »

bluehouse wrote: Thu Dec 10, 2020 3:53 am Sammy is actually starting to get more views on his videos than micheal franceze.I think people who get intterested in lcn start off with MF than when they dig abit deeper they find out who sammy was and then realize sammy is the real deal.His stories are way more interesting and after awhile francezes holier-than-thou attitude wears thin.
Franzese is type boring, he says the same thing, and speaks in general, never tells any stories about himself. I understand he didn’t officially flip, and should watch out about the things he says, but it’s not as interesting. While Sammy in his latest video said that he committed his first kill during the Colombo war & he was with Profaci/Colombo people.
Ouzo12
Prospect

Post by Ouzo12 »

I read and really liked Underboss and came away thinking Sammy was a straight shooter and did certain things only because he was following orders. Then you learn about Arizona, bringing his family into the drug business and now all over social media. You look how this guy acts and I believe the stories in Underboss less and less. At least Gotti with all his faults was a gangster to the core. Dying in prison, missing a jaw and didn't say a damn word.
axx
Straightened out

Post by axx »

I read Underboss long ago, are some of his YT recent stories in the book (Tijuana jail and the one about confronting the greasball boss)?
bronx
Full Patched

Post by bronx »

Watch all the new revelations he comes out with.. its all gottis fault..
Angelo Santino
Filthy Few

Post by Angelo Santino »

bronx wrote: Thu Dec 10, 2020 6:38 pm Watch all the new revelations he comes out with.. its all gottis fault..
He sang more or less the same tune in his book. "I was still holding out that Gotti's Cosa Nostra would revert back to the true Cosa Nostra."
"How I ever chose that life over my family I will never know."
"I used to think all the kids in school were losers, it took me awhile to figure out who the real losers were."
"If Gotti had said, I'm sorry Sam, let's hire different lawyers and try and wish each other luck I would have never have did it. Not in a million years. I believed in this life."

Quite a far cry from where he is today: "I believed in Cosa Nostra and I still believe in Cosa Nostra."

The book 20 years ago dealt with many elements of humility and redemption. He expressed disdain for the bad acts he had to do but did them all in the name of LCN because he believed in it. He argued that he was always fair and balanced as a mobster. It ends with him getting all of his tattoos removed except one- a religious one- didn't fully remove, "I guess God still wants me." The end... It was a marketing strategy and an attempt at rejuvenating his reputation. At that time everyone, public opinion, was on Gotti's side. If you were online back then all the message boards were pro-Gotti and anti-Gravano in the most fan-boyish way possible. Oh the Gotti-craze back then, the veterans here like Antiliar and Pogo probably remember it. Nanci Meek's site was probably the most... extreme. I think the women are more obsessive then men when it comes to this subject.
Pete
Full Patched

Post by Pete »

Shellackhead wrote: Fri Nov 06, 2020 12:55 pm He should talk more in-depth about his younger days in the 60s when he used to tan with the Rampers, I heard he betrayed the Rampers & started to set them up to be whacked when the mob was doing spring cleaning during the late 60s-early 70s. Who was he under after he transferred to the Gambinos?
Toddo aurello
I agree with phat,I love those old fucks and he's right.we all got some cosa nostra in us.I personnely love the life.I think we on the forum would be the ultimate crew! - camerono
Pmac2
Full Patched

Post by Pmac2 »

I surprised jr gotti hasn't launched his on youtube channel....hes all over the internet so he isn't trying to be lowkey