General Mob Questions

Discuss all mafia families in the U.S., Canada, Italy, and everywhere else in the world.

Moderator: Capos

Ivan
Full Patched

Re: General Mob Questions

Post by Ivan »

Is Nicola Gentile's claim about Al Capone being made corroborated by anyone else? I can't remember. The Bonannos maybe?
EYYYY ALL YOU CHOOCHES OUT THERE IT'S THE KID
motorfab
Full Patched

Post by motorfab »

Ivan wrote: Sat Oct 05, 2024 12:37 pm Is Nicola Gentile's claim about Al Capone being made corroborated by anyone else? I can't remember. The Bonannos maybe?
Not exactly like Gentile, but Bonanno says Capone is an ally of Masseria. Anyway for Capone to be recognized as boss by Maranzano, he had to be made, so that corroborates Gentile's statement. And I highly doubt he was made into the Chicago borgata

I think I saw on MarFerrell another informant confirm that Capone was made by Masseria. He was a CI from Wisconsin if I remember correctly, I'll try to find the link
Ivan
Full Patched

Post by Ivan »

motorfab wrote: Sat Oct 05, 2024 12:52 pm
Ivan wrote: Sat Oct 05, 2024 12:37 pm Is Nicola Gentile's claim about Al Capone being made corroborated by anyone else? I can't remember. The Bonannos maybe?
Not exactly like Gentile, but Bonanno says Capone is an ally of Masseria. Anyway for Capone to be recognized as boss by Maranzano, he had to be made, so that corroborates Gentile's statement. And I highly doubt he was made into the Chicago borgata

I think I saw on MarFerrell another informant confirm that Capone was made by Masseria. He was a CI from Wisconsin if I remember correctly, I'll try to find the link
Thanks man, yeah if you can find that it would be great. I worded the question very poorly, what I meant specifically was if anyone besides Gentile had made the claim that Masseria had made Capone. (As for Capone being made in general, I think that goes without saying almost, for the reason you give.)
EYYYY ALL YOU CHOOCHES OUT THERE IT'S THE KID