New LCNBios Update

Discuss all mafia families in the U.S., Canada, Italy, and everywhere else in the world.

Moderator: Capos

SonnyBlackstein
Filthy Few

Re: New LCNBios Update

Post by SonnyBlackstein »

bert wrote: Sat Mar 09, 2019 11:03 pm
SonnyBlackstein wrote: Sat Mar 09, 2019 9:55 pm
bert wrote: Sat Mar 09, 2019 8:43 pm PIsciotti is the type who would have been chased years ago, but standards must have gotten lower than ever for him to get made.
Based on....... ?
Based on what I just read in that story.
Chased years ago?
The preponderant reason for PJ's flipping appears to be his betrayal by Rabbito et al.
Now its easy to say in hindsight someone should never have gotten their button, but in PJ's case he was a rising star within the family and had served legitimate prison time and had stood tall, so any suggestion he shouldve 'been chased' etc is an easy Monday morning quaterback call which up until his flipping, had no basis.
Don't give me your f***ing Manson lamps.
bert
Full Patched

Post by bert »

SonnyBlackstein wrote: Sun Mar 10, 2019 10:56 am
bert wrote: Sat Mar 09, 2019 8:43 pm PIsciotti is the type who would have been chased years ago, but standards must have gotten lower than ever for him to get made.
Based on....... ?
Chased years ago?
The preponderant reason for PJ's flipping appears to be his betrayal by Rabbito et al.
Now its easy to say in hindsight someone should never have gotten their button, but in PJ's case he was a rising star within the family and had served legitimate prison time and had stood tall, so any suggestion he shouldve 'been chased' etc is an easy Monday morning quaterback call which up until his flipping, had no basis.
First, calm down. You misunderstood my reason for saying he should have and would have been chased years ago. I was referring to his behavior and who he associated with, plus a minor thing like the mustache. He could not have been considered for membership till later going by that photo of him. If a guy was considered a prospect to one day get made they were told to shave. Second, the drugs, he sounds to me like the type who may have been using drugs too, although I can't be certain on that one. I got an impression of him just reading the parts before his ratting. If it was 30 years ago, or even a few years before he came along, and he was with a crew, he would have been chased, or cut off. My take, if you don't see it that way, then fine. I'm new here, and not looking for a fight.
SonnyBlackstein
Filthy Few

bert wrote: Sun Mar 10, 2019 1:37 pm
Based on....... ?
Chased years ago?
First, calm down. You misunderstood my reason for saying he should have and would have been chased years ago. I was referring to his behavior and who he associated with, plus a minor thing like the mustache. He could not have been considered for membership till later going by that photo of him. If a guy was considered a prospect to one day get made they were told to shave. Second, the drugs, he sounds to me like the type who may have been using drugs too, although I can't be certain on that one. I got an impression of him just reading the parts before his ratting. If it was 30 years ago, or even a few years before he came along, and he was with a crew, he would have been chased, or cut off. My take, if you don't see it that way, then fine. I'm new here, and not looking for a fight.
My apologies if you perceived my post as aggressive. That was not my intent.

I merely meant to state that up until PJ flipping, there was not only no reason to anticipate that (he had spent several years inside) but was, by the family, considered a rising star. And there is not, that I am aware, evidence to suggest he used drugs, broke any LCN rules or was in any way worthy of being chased.
It's obviously fine to have opinions, speculate etc, but when its based on little to no evidence or even as it appears in this case, contrary evidence, then expect disagreement.

But again, no offence intended, just a discussion.

And welcome to the board!
gohnjotti
Full Patched

Post by gohnjotti »

SonnyBlackstein wrote: Sun Mar 10, 2019 4:21 pm
Based on....... ?
Chased years ago?

I merely meant to state that up until PJ flipping, there was not only no reason to anticipate that (he had spent several years inside) but was, by the family, considered a rising star. And there is not, that I am aware, evidence to suggest he used drugs, broke any LCN rules or was in any way worthy of being chased.
It's obviously fine to have opinions, speculate etc, but when its based on little to no evidence or even as it appears in this case, contrary evidence, then expect disagreement.

And what a warm welcome it was! :lol:
I don't know dick about dick.

http://thecolombomafia.com
slimshady_007
Full Patched

Post by slimshady_007 »

Is anything else known about Joseph Caruso, the Genovese guy Pisciotti got into a fight with?
Wise men listen and laugh, while fools talk.
SonnyBlackstein
Filthy Few

gohnjotti wrote: Sun Mar 10, 2019 4:45 pm
SonnyBlackstein wrote: Sun Mar 10, 2019 4:21 pm
Based on....... ?
Chased years ago?

And what a warm welcome it was! :lol:
A post making sweeping statements with no evidence being met with skepticism.

Apologies I didn’t spin cycle the burgundy long walk rug for our latest guest there G. ;)
bert
Full Patched

Post by bert »

Its fine, just a misunderstanding. Thanks. Just never disagree with anything I say for at least one year and all is well. 8-)
SonnyBlackstein
Filthy Few

bert wrote: Sun Mar 10, 2019 6:43 pm Its fine, just a misunderstanding. Thanks. Just never disagree with anything I say for at least one year and all is well. 8-)
Done 😉
Lupara
Full Patched

Post by Lupara »

Could you guys define 'chased' in this context?
newera_212
Full Patched

Post by newera_212 »

B. wrote: Sun Mar 10, 2019 12:55 am What Pisciotti says about Basciano receiving drugs from Canada in the early 2000s corroborates what Cicale said about Basciano and the Bonanno Montreal crew continuing to make drug deals around that same period. I believe Cicale mentioned ecstasy being brought from Canada, same as Pisciotti.
dovetails into what Richard Canterella said about Basciano as well, and how he knew him as "Vinny Pills"

I remember reading on the boards that Basciano was big into drugs and used his Son as a conduit, but I never really believed it. an old NY post article , I think about Nick Cirillos death mentioning Basciano's son by name, mentioned Basciano Junior being "a crew member of the late capo, George Sciascia" - which i found ridiculous, because Junior was like 18 at the time of Sciascia's death. but I believe basciano junior and sciascia's daughter dated, and Vinny and George were close to some degree. im gonna go out on a limb and assume George put Basciano Sr. in position with Montreal drug connects and Basciano kept those going after George's death. Although...didnt DeFilippo have some sort of Montreal connection as well?
B.
Men Of Mayhem

Post by B. »

newera_212 wrote: Sun Mar 10, 2019 10:19 pm
B. wrote: Sun Mar 10, 2019 12:55 am What Pisciotti says about Basciano receiving drugs from Canada in the early 2000s corroborates what Cicale said about Basciano and the Bonanno Montreal crew continuing to make drug deals around that same period. I believe Cicale mentioned ecstasy being brought from Canada, same as Pisciotti.
dovetails into what Richard Canterella said about Basciano as well, and how he knew him as "Vinny Pills"

I remember reading on the boards that Basciano was big into drugs and used his Son as a conduit, but I never really believed it. an old NY post article , I think about Nick Cirillos death mentioning Basciano's son by name, mentioned Basciano Junior being "a crew member of the late capo, George Sciascia" - which i found ridiculous, because Junior was like 18 at the time of Sciascia's death. but I believe basciano junior and sciascia's daughter dated, and Vinny and George were close to some degree. im gonna go out on a limb and assume George put Basciano Sr. in position with Montreal drug connects and Basciano kept those going after George's death. Although...didnt DeFilippo have some sort of Montreal connection as well?
I'm not sure if DeFilippo's direct relationship with Montreal went past the 1960s. His father had been the family's liaison to Canada after Carmine Galante was deported and incarcerated and Patty attended Vito Rizzuto's wedding during the Montreal visit where the NYC guys were all arrested. Some vague info hints at Patty DeFilippo possibly going to Montreal on other occasions in the 1960s but not enough to say for sure. He associated closely with Sciascia in the Bronx, like Basciano, and had Montagna in his crew after Sciascia's death so that's a connection if it's true that Montagna traveled to Montreal on behalf of the Boannno family during that time.

Sciascia's daughter would be at least ten years older than Basciano's son, so not sure about their kids dating and I haven't seen that before. Cicale said that Massino held a meeting with Basciano after Sciascia's murder to gauge his feelings on it, similar to what he did with Montagna. It does appear they were close friends in addition to whatever business they may have done.
newera_212
Full Patched

Post by newera_212 »

So Piscotti's uncle was Charlie Musillo who I believe was either Al D'Arco's father in law or his wife's uncle. Pisciotti grew up I believe right in that same big building that D'Arco lived in, that spans Spring Street from Mott to Elizabeth. A lot of wise guys and/or their relatives lived in that building, well after the area kinda gentrified and stopped being Little Italy.

theres some really interesting stuff in this post. seems like PJ had a lot going on. the guy prob made some good money. I grew up and lived up until a few years ago right near one of his gyms uptown. which is still open as far as i know
newera_212
Full Patched

Post by newera_212 »

B. wrote: Sun Mar 10, 2019 10:33 pm
newera_212 wrote: Sun Mar 10, 2019 10:19 pm

I'm not sure if DeFilippo's direct relationship with Montreal went past the 1960s. His father had been the family's liaison to Canada after Carmine Galante was deported and incarcerated and Patty attended Vito Rizzuto's wedding during the Montreal visit where the NYC guys were all arrested. Some vague info hints at Patty DeFilippo possibly going to Montreal on other occasions in the 1960s but not enough to say for sure. He associated closely with Sciascia in the Bronx, like Basciano, and had Montagna in his crew after Sciascia's death so that's a connection if it's true that Montagna traveled to Montreal on behalf of the Boannno family during that time.

Sciascia's daughter would be at least ten years older than Basciano's son, so not sure about their kids dating and I haven't seen that before. Cicale said that Massino held a meeting with Basciano after Sciascia's murder to gauge his feelings on it, similar to what he did with Montagna. It does appear they were close friends in addition to whatever business they may have done.
good stuff...thanks man
bert
Full Patched

Post by bert »

Lupara wrote: Sun Mar 10, 2019 8:34 pm Could you guys define 'chased' in this context?
It's usually meant in a demeaning way. A guy is told that he is no longer welcome to come around. A crew is also told not to have anything to do with the (Exceptions are family in a crew). There are times when they can stay in an area but not mix with mafia crew and associates they were with, others where they are told to totally go away and not be seen in an area. That is my best description of the term in that context, if anyone knows of slight variations add them.
bert
Full Patched

Post by bert »

bert wrote: Mon Mar 11, 2019 8:14 pm
Lupara wrote: Sun Mar 10, 2019 8:34 pm Could you guys define 'chased' in this context?
It's usually meant in a demeaning way. A guy is told that he is no longer welcome to come around. A crew is also told not to have anything to do with the (Exceptions are family in a crew). There are times when they can stay in an area but not mix with mafia crew and associates they were with, others where they are told to totally go away and not be seen in an area. That is my best description of the term in that context, if anyone knows of slight variations add them.
I need to correct something, I think a member might not be chased like an associate, but just shelved. It can be taken as phrasing it differently, I'm not sure.