General Mob Questions

Discuss all mafia families in the U.S., Canada, Italy, and everywhere else in the world.

Moderator: Capos

Shellackhead
Full Patched

Re: General Mob Questions

Post by Shellackhead »

Who’s this Anthony Caucci guy, is he really a made guy, and are his stories legit? He’s on YouTube & is getting some decent views by the day.
Rat
Straightened out

Post by Rat »

Is there any info on Scarfo in prison? Did he try to run the family from prison? Or order a hit on Merlino when the Merlino crew shot his son?
Pogo The Clown
Men Of Mayhem

Post by Pogo The Clown »

Rat wrote: Fri Dec 25, 2020 8:16 am Is there any info on Scarfo in prison? Did he try to run the family from prison? Or order a hit on Merlino when the Merlino crew shot his son?

Yes and yes. He continued to run things all way up to 1991 (he was incarcerated in 1986). He put a hit on Melrino after his sons shooting but it never got off the ground before Merlino himself was locked up for the armored car robbery. Thr book Blood Oath has a lot on Scsrfo running things from prison.

Pogo
It's a new morning in America... fresh, vital. The old cynicism is gone. We have faith in our leaders. We're optimistic as to what becomes of it all. It really boils down to our ability to accept. We don't need pessimism. There are no limits.
Frank
Full Patched

Post by Frank »

eboli wrote: Fri Dec 25, 2020 7:57 am
Frank wrote: Sat Dec 12, 2020 7:39 pm In the taped conversation between Anthony Russo and Gyp De Carlo, Gyp mentions a Si Rega. Gyp said Vito told him if he ever got killed or was in the can that if he saw any crooked move by the brothers(Catenas), to hit em in the head.The only other person he told was a Si Rega. My question is who was Si Rega. He must have been close to Vito. Vito is basically giving DeCarlo permission to hit the Catenas under certain circumstances, with this Si Rega the only other person to know
Rega is an interesting case. His real name was Pellegrino Rega. Other known aliases include Pellegrino Riga/William Rega/William Riga/William P. Rega/William P. Riga/Si/Sy/Cy. His family was from Serino, Campania, a stone’s throw from Avelino, and about 60 miles from Vito Genovese's birthplace in Ricigliano. Both Serino and Ricigliano were hot spots for Camorra activity. Riga emigrated to the states in the 1910s. His uncle Raffaele, who emigrated in 1902, was wanted for murder in Napoli and was an alleged Camorra member. It's not clear if William Rega was involved in the Mafia-Camorra war, but by the 1920s he moved with his wife Angela from Brooklyn to New Jersey. He was a close associate of Willie Moretti, Richie Boiardo, and Gyp DeCarlo.
Welcome back merry christmas. Very interesting not well known guy. It seemed like Vito was close to him that sparked my interest.Thanks.
Nick Prango
Sergeant Of Arms

Post by Nick Prango »

Shellackhead wrote: Fri Dec 25, 2020 8:04 am Who’s this Anthony Caucci guy, is he really a made guy, and are his stories legit? He’s on YouTube & is getting some decent views by the day.
Anthony Caucci has that old school way of speaking that plenty of people enjoy cause the pc culture is taking over. I love his videos. He is not a made guy. He is a former drug trafficker and he says that he was a Bonanno associate
gaspipe
Straightened out

Post by gaspipe »

Caucci is right behind Sammy for entertainment value.
I didn't torture the kid, didn't do nuttin like that. Shot him a couple times and he died.
Nick Prango
Sergeant Of Arms

Post by Nick Prango »

gaspipe wrote: Fri Dec 25, 2020 10:18 am Caucci is right behind Sammy for entertainment value.
Videos with his friend Natty are hilarious
gaspipe
Straightened out

Post by gaspipe »

Aye and you can tell he enjoys what he's doing and the community that comes with it on YT. Sammy feels forced at times.... like he kinda enjoys it but its probably just the easiest cash grab for him rn. Which sucks, he's got the best stories and the best voice.
I didn't torture the kid, didn't do nuttin like that. Shot him a couple times and he died.
gaspipe
Straightened out

Post by gaspipe »

Actually Luisi might have the best voice.
JeremyTheJew
Full Patched

Post by JeremyTheJew »

gaspipe wrote: Fri Dec 25, 2020 4:31 am Are there any known instances of a Sicilian boss meeting an American boss either in Italy or the US?
Operation old bridge
HANG IT UP NICKY. ITS TIME TO GO HOME.
Frank
Full Patched

Post by Frank »

JeremyTheJew wrote: Sun Dec 27, 2020 2:41 am
gaspipe wrote: Fri Dec 25, 2020 4:31 am Are there any known instances of a Sicilian boss meeting an American boss either in Italy or the US?
Operation old bridge
I think Angelo Bruno and his cousin.I believe Joe Bonanno was in Italy, meeting bosses in Sicily.
TallGuy19
Full Patched

Post by TallGuy19 »

Didn't Lucky Luciano meet with Sicilian bosses to help them set up a commission?
"A thug changes, and love changes, and best friends become strangers. Word up."
Dave65827
Sergeant Of Arms

Post by Dave65827 »

I know the Sicilian faction runs the Gambinos know but is there a known amount of the size of the faction ? Like in the terms of made men
gaspipe
Straightened out

Post by gaspipe »

When Gas and Vic were busy murdering their whole family was Gas acting autonomously? I've read he was kinda freestyling in the streets with little oversight from Vic. Even tho Gas turned down the top spot you would think he's still gotta run shit by the boss.

Also, do we know how many murders Gas and Vic actually committed opposed to ordered?
JVerilla
Honorary Member

Post by JVerilla »

TallGuy19 wrote: Sun Dec 27, 2020 11:27 am Didn't Lucky Luciano meet with Sicilian bosses to help them set up a commission?
i believe so. although not an expert with that area