General Mob Questions

Discuss all mafia families in the U.S., Canada, Italy, and everywhere else in the world.

Moderator: Capos

SonnyBlackstein
Filthy Few

Re: General Mob Questions

Post by SonnyBlackstein »

Frank wrote: Sat Dec 12, 2020 7:39 pm In the taped conversation between Anthony Russo and Gyp De Carlo, Gyp mentions a Si Rega. Gyp said Vito told him if he ever got killed or was in the can that if he saw any crooked move by the brothers(Catenas), to hit em in the head.The only other person he told was a Si Rega. My question is who was Si Rega. He must have been close to Vito. Vito is basically giving DeCarlo permission to hit the Catenas under certain circumstances, with this Si Rega the only other person to know
Interesting question. Anyone have any info?
Don't give me your f***ing Manson lamps.
HairyKnuckles
Full Patched

Post by HairyKnuckles »

William "Cy" Rega was an old timer, soldier under DeCarlo who was put under Boiardo after DeCarlo' s death. He passed in 1980.
There you have it, never printed before.
Frank
Full Patched

Post by Frank »

HairyKnuckles wrote: Wed Dec 16, 2020 12:13 pm William "Cy" Rega was an old timer, soldier under DeCarlo who was put under Boiardo after DeCarlo' s death. He passed in 1980.
Thanks. I found that conversation very interesting. How Mike Miranda was hurt, Vito didnt name him acting boss. How it was rumoured Vito was getting out soon, this was 1962. How De Carlo, Russo and Eboli were Vito supporters. They thought Miranda, the Boot, and the Catenas didnt want Vito out. Alot of good stuff in it. I thought it interesting, it was mentioned Tommy Brown would have to approve a hit..
B.
Men Of Mayhem

Post by B. »

There's a conversation from 1965 where Tommy Eboli is saying he thinks Benny Lombardo should be the new boss and how Jerry Catena isn't suited to run things. He either had support or was going to get support for this from a number of captains he names off. You can see where the whole Lombardo thing goes back even years before Genovese died.
Pogo The Clown
Men Of Mayhem

Post by Pogo The Clown »

Rega was made in 1947.

Pogo
It's a new morning in America... fresh, vital. The old cynicism is gone. We have faith in our leaders. We're optimistic as to what becomes of it all. It really boils down to our ability to accept. We don't need pessimism. There are no limits.
SB1825
Straightened out

Post by SB1825 »

In Sicily, is there a rule about more than one brother joining the same family? I read the book ‘Cosa Nostra’ by John Dickie and he said something about it but I don’t recall what exactly he wrote. If someone has knowledge on this matter can they please explain the specifics about the rule?
Dave65827
Sergeant Of Arms

Post by Dave65827 »

Is there any case of any of the smaller Midwest families being absorbed into the big five?
Pogo The Clown
Men Of Mayhem

Post by Pogo The Clown »

Simple answer is no.

Pogo
It's a new morning in America... fresh, vital. The old cynicism is gone. We have faith in our leaders. We're optimistic as to what becomes of it all. It really boils down to our ability to accept. We don't need pessimism. There are no limits.
Frank
Full Patched

Post by Frank »

Wasnt Chicago technically absorbed by what is now known as the Genovese Family, for a short time, by Masseria
Frank
Full Patched

Post by Frank »

The Newark Family, obviously isnt a midwest, was partially absorbed by the 5 Families
Rat
Straightened out

Post by Rat »

Is there any decent documentaries on New England?
gaspipe
Straightened out

Post by gaspipe »

How many active members does philly have rn?
I didn't torture the kid, didn't do nuttin like that. Shot him a couple times and he died.
chin_gigante
Full Patched

Post by chin_gigante »

gaspipe wrote: Thu Dec 24, 2020 10:46 pm How many active members does philly have rn?
Probably about 25-30
'You don't go crucifying people outside a church; not on Good Friday.'
gaspipe
Straightened out

Post by gaspipe »

Are there any known instances of a Sicilian boss meeting an American boss either in Italy or the US?
I didn't torture the kid, didn't do nuttin like that. Shot him a couple times and he died.
eboli
Full Patched

Post by eboli »

Frank wrote: Sat Dec 12, 2020 7:39 pm In the taped conversation between Anthony Russo and Gyp De Carlo, Gyp mentions a Si Rega. Gyp said Vito told him if he ever got killed or was in the can that if he saw any crooked move by the brothers(Catenas), to hit em in the head.The only other person he told was a Si Rega. My question is who was Si Rega. He must have been close to Vito. Vito is basically giving DeCarlo permission to hit the Catenas under certain circumstances, with this Si Rega the only other person to know
Rega is an interesting case. His real name was Pellegrino Rega. Other known aliases include Pellegrino Riga/William Rega/William Riga/William P. Rega/William P. Riga/Si/Sy/Cy. His family was from Serino, Campania, a stone’s throw from Avelino, and about 60 miles from Vito Genovese's birthplace in Ricigliano. Both Serino and Ricigliano were hot spots for Camorra activity. Riga emigrated to the states in the 1910s. His uncle Raffaele, who emigrated in 1902, was wanted for murder in Napoli and was an alleged Camorra member. It's not clear if William Rega was involved in the Mafia-Camorra war, but by the 1920s he moved with his wife Angela from Brooklyn to New Jersey. He was a close associate of Willie Moretti, Richie Boiardo, and Gyp DeCarlo.