John DiFronzo

Discuss all mafia families in the U.S., Canada, Italy, and everywhere else in the world.

Moderator: Capos

Confederate
Full Patched

Re: John DiFronzo

Post by Confederate »

Snakes wrote: Sun Jun 03, 2018 5:30 am
Confederate wrote: Sat Jun 02, 2018 8:57 pm
Snakes wrote: Sat Jun 02, 2018 8:20 pm They were going to testify to the fact that he had a crew, not that he was made. Not sure where that originated because there are no court documents or news articles out there that would prove that theory.

We at least know he wasnt made in 1989 because he was complaining about that fact in front of a CI.
No, the witnesses were going to testify to both things that he was a made member of the Outfit AND he had a crew. Marco then backed down. What Pete said is correct. If you have a copy of the indictment that talks about these things, go ahead and post it. I do not have a copy but remember reading it.
It was junk off of ANP. It was just something that Black Angelo posted and it's somehow been accepted as gospel over the years.
The only place I found it so far was googling "Marco D'Amico" and it is listed in the Wikipedia Description of him. It said 8 witnesses were prepared to testify for the Government that Marco was a made man in the Outfit because Marco Challenged the Feds to prove it. Marco then backed down and was sentenced to 12 years in prison. Maybe that's where I read it? Wikipedia is not always accurate and maybe this Black Angelo dude wrote it. LOL

Anyway, it is possible that Marco was a member of the Outfit but NOT a member of the National Mafia (LCN) in the same way Murray Humphreys, Gus Alex, Ralph Pierce were during our research in the Giancana years. Their reason was because they weren't Italian.
I wonder what the reason would be for Marco not being a full fledged member of the NationaL LCN? The only way we will ever know the answer would be to question the Feds who indicted him originally. I see no reason why Marco would not have been a made man in the National LCN besides being an Outfit member?
" Everything Woke turns to shit".
Pete
Full Patched

Post by Pete »

Confederate wrote: Sun Jun 03, 2018 9:15 am
Snakes wrote: Sat Jun 02, 2018 8:20 pm They were going to testify to the fact that he had a crew, not that he was made. Not sure where that originated because there are no court documents or news articles out there that would prove that theory.

We at least know he wasnt made in 1989 because he was complaining about that fact in front of a CI.
No, the witnesses were going to testify to both things that he was a made member of the Outfit AND he had a crew. Marco then backed down. What Pete said is correct. If you have a copy of the indictment that talks about these things, go ahead and post it. I do not have a copy but remember reading it.
It was junk off of ANP. It was just something that Black Angelo posted and it's somehow been accepted as gospel over the years.
The only place I found it so far was googling "Marco D'Amico" and it is listed in the Wikipedia Description of him. It said 8 witnesses were prepared to testify for the Government that Marco was a made man in the Outfit because Marco Challenged the Feds to prove it. Marco then backed down and was sentenced to 12 years in prison. Maybe that's where I read it? Wikipedia is not always accurate and maybe this Black Angelo dude wrote it. LOL

Anyway, it is possible that Marco was a member of the Outfit but NOT a member of the National Mafia (LCN) in the same way Murray Humphreys, Gus Alex, Ralph Pierce were during our research in the Giancana years. Their reason was because they weren't Italian.
I wonder what the reason would be for Marco not being a full fledged member of the NationaL LCN? The only way we will ever know the answer would be to question the Feds who indicted him originally. I see no reason why Marco would not have been a made man in the National LCN besides being an Outfit member?
I agree it seems weird. Like I said fratto was made in 88 and he was a nobody at that time. Marco was a big earner and tight with difronzo who was underboss in that same time period. Doesn’t make sense how they would make fratto but not damico. Anything is possible though with the outfit
I agree with phat,I love those old fucks and he's right.we all got some cosa nostra in us.I personnely love the life.I think we on the forum would be the ultimate crew! - camerono
dixiemafia
Full Patched

Post by dixiemafia »

:lol: :lol:
If I didn't have my case coming up, I would like to come back with you gentlemen when this is over with and really lay the law down what is going on in this country.....
Frank
Full Patched

Post by Frank »

Pete wrote: Sun Jun 03, 2018 10:56 am
Confederate wrote: Sun Jun 03, 2018 9:15 am

I agree it seems weird. Like I said fratto was made in 88 and he was a nobody at that time. Marco was a big earner and tight with difronzo who was underboss in that same time period. Doesn’t make sense how they would make fratto but not damico. Anything is possible though with the outfit
Maybe he wasn't made when Magnafichi was active. His being made might of been put on the back burner till after he was released from prison.
Confederate
Full Patched

Post by Confederate »

That's also possible. But I think he was made guy in the National LCN besides being an Outfit member sometime after 1989 and before 1994. That's why he had such a high position. No one offers any REASON otherwise except Magnafichi saying Marco was actually not a made guy. These guys say strange things for different reasons so I don't put any stock in it. Marcello's Lawyer said Jimmy Marcello wasn't a made guy in the Outfit because his mother was Irish, Joe Lombardo said he wasn't a made guy in the Outfit because he never had his finger pricked or went through a Ceremony, Jack Cerone said he wasn't a made guy in the Outfit, just a bookmaker, Sal DeLaurentis said there is no Outfit anymore. Out of Curiosity, I went back and read some things Magnafichi said in his interviews with Fosco and there is one thing that stood out for me. Magnafichi said he was very fond of Marco and would not talk about him. So,in my opinion, the reason he told anybody Marco was not made is because he is trying to protect him from a RICO prosecution in the future. Most all these guys deny a membership in a criminal organization or they have someone else do it for them. It's all a bunch of bullshit in my opinion and a waste of time even talking about it. It is what it is.
Villain
Filthy Few

Post by Villain »

Confederate wrote: Sun Jun 03, 2018 11:59 pm That's also possible. But I think he was made guy in the National LCN besides being an Outfit member sometime after 1989 and before 1994. That's why he had such a high position. No one offers any REASON otherwise except Magnafichi saying Marco was actually not a made guy. These guys say strange things for different reasons so I don't put any stock in it. Marcello's Lawyer said Jimmy Marcello wasn't a made guy in the Outfit because his mother was Irish, Joe Lombardo said he wasn't a made guy in the Outfit because he never had his finger pricked or went through a Ceremony, Jack Cerone said he wasn't a made guy in the Outfit, just a bookmaker, Sal DeLaurentis said there is no Outfit anymore. Out of Curiosity, I went back and read some things Magnafichi said in his interviews with Fosco and there is one thing that stood out for me. Magnafichi said he was very fond of Marco and would not talk about him. So,in my opinion, the reason he told anybody Marco was not made is because he is trying to protect him from a RICO prosecution in the future. Most all these guys deny a membership in a criminal organization or they have someone else do it for them. It's all a bunch of bullshit in my opinion and a waste of time even talking about it. It is what it is.
Nicely said and i also remember reading regarding Lenny Patrick advising someone not to get made since he was going to become limited or something like that. It is obvious that the made status isnt or wasnt an obctacle to go up the ladder
Do not be deceived, neither the sexually immoral, nor idolaters, nor adulterers, nor men who practice homosexuality, nor thieves, nor the greedy, nor drunkards, nor revilers, nor swindlers will inherit the kingdom of God - Corinthians 6:9-10
Snakes
Full Patched

Post by Snakes »

Pete wrote: Sun Jun 03, 2018 7:34 am

Snakes can you link to where he was complaining in 89 about not being made?
http://www.ipsn.org/orourke_affidavit.php
107. CI 12 stated that Salvatore "Solly" DeLaurentis and Matassa were both made at the same time in a ceremony at the Como Inn on Milwaukee Avenue on the near north side of Chicago. CI 12 stated that this ceremony occurred in the summer of 1989. CI 12 stated that he had been told that Matassa was a made member by Marco D'Amico and by Salvatore "Solly" DeLaurentis. CI 12 also stated he was told by Matassa himself that Matassa was a made member.

108. CI 12 stated that D'Amico, and Robert "Bobby" Abbinatti, who were both part of the Outfit, disliked Matassa intensely because Matassa was slated to become a made member and they were not. CI 12 stated that D'Amico often talked about the fact that Matassa had been "made" and often criticized Matassa behind his back. CI 12 stated that many individuals felt Matassa was not worthy of being made, including D'Amico, Robert "Bobby" Abbinatti, Robert "Bobby" Dominic, and Tony Dote.
The CI was mistaken about Matassa being made here.
SonnyBlackstein
Filthy Few

Post by SonnyBlackstein »

Chicago it seems is different as they keep being made to only other made guys. NY it’s much more a social status badge, ie everyone from associates to your local pizza shop owner to your Italian butcher know your change in status.
Don't give me your f***ing Manson lamps.
slimshady_007
Full Patched

Post by slimshady_007 »

Did DiFronzo have the final word to all of the outfit’s doings? Cuz I believe mike sarno had a shit ton of say.
Wise men listen and laugh, while fools talk.
Stroccos
Full Patched

Post by Stroccos »

Confederate wrote: Sun Jun 03, 2018 11:59 pm That's also possible. But I think he was made guy in the National LCN besides being an Outfit member sometime after 1989 and before 1994. That's why he had such a high position. No one offers any REASON otherwise except Magnafichi saying Marco was actually not a made guy. These guys say strange things for different reasons so I don't put any stock in it. Marcello's Lawyer said Jimmy Marcello wasn't a made guy in the Outfit because his mother was Irish, Joe Lombardo said he wasn't a made guy in the Outfit because he never had his finger pricked or went through a Ceremony, Jack Cerone said he wasn't a made guy in the Outfit, just a bookmaker, Sal DeLaurentis said there is no Outfit anymore. Out of Curiosity, I went back and read some things Magnafichi said in his interviews with Fosco and there is one thing that stood out for me. Magnafichi said he was very fond of Marco and would not talk about him. So,in my opinion, the reason he told anybody Marco was not made is because he is trying to protect him from a RICO prosecution in the future. Most all these guys deny a membership in a criminal organization or they have someone else do it for them. It's all a bunch of bullshit in my opinion and a waste of time even talking about it. It is what it is.
I read somewhere joey Lombardo put a add in the paper that he was no longer involved in criminal activity , is this true and does anyone have a copy of that ad ?
"if he's such A sports wizard , whys he tending bar ?" Nicky Scarfo
Confederate
Full Patched

Post by Confederate »

Yes, it's true. He also said that he was never a member of a criminal organization, he never had his finger pricked or went through any Ceremony, and if anyone saw him conversing with criminals that they should report it to his parole officer. LOL
I do not have a copy of it.
Confederate
Full Patched

Post by Confederate »

I did a quick research on Mike Magnafichi and was surprised to find that he had been arrested for petty shoplifting twice. Once was on 12/8/11 and the second time was on 9/12/13. Don't have any further info. His name was associated with mugshots.com and there was a picture of him.
JeremyTheJew
Full Patched

Post by JeremyTheJew »

when did Magnafichi start talking?? had to be after Calabrese bc he was as the only made outfit member at that time to flip.

did Magnafichi testify?
theres A LOT of mixed feelings on him it seems.
HANG IT UP NICKY. ITS TIME TO GO HOME.
eboli
Full Patched

Post by eboli »

Confederate wrote: Mon Jun 04, 2018 1:13 pm Yes, it's true. He also said that he was never a member of a criminal organization, he never had his finger pricked or went through any Ceremony, and if anyone saw him conversing with criminals that they should report it to his parole officer. LOL
I guess it's a trend in The Outfit to make a spectacle denying any involvement in a criminal organization. Lombardo with his ads and letters, Solly D with his interview, Mad Sam with his theatrics. Is there any info if they had any formal induction ceremonies at all? I've read years ago a claim that Chicago were very, very informal. Even back to the Ricca, Accardo and Campagna days they didn't bother with it and just said "you're one of us now" or something along those lines to newly made guys.
Confederate
Full Patched

Post by Confederate »

eboli wrote: Mon Jun 04, 2018 2:09 pm
Confederate wrote: Mon Jun 04, 2018 1:13 pm Yes, it's true. He also said that he was never a member of a criminal organization, he never had his finger pricked or went through any Ceremony, and if anyone saw him conversing with criminals that they should report it to his parole officer. LOL
I guess it's a trend in The Outfit to make a spectacle denying any involvement in a criminal organization. Lombardo with his ads and letters, Solly D with his interview, Mad Sam with his theatrics. Is there any info if they had any formal induction ceremonies at all? I've read years ago a claim that Chicago were very, very informal. Even back to the Ricca, Accardo and Campagna days they didn't bother with it and just said "you're one of us now" or something along those lines to newly made guys.
Yes. Calabrese testified about a making Ceremony in 1983 involving himself. Then there were a couple more in 1988 and 1989. I may have missed another, I don't recall off the top of my head.