Current Gambino family administration

Discuss all mafia families in the U.S., Canada, Italy, and everywhere else in the world.

Moderator: Capos

Pogo The Clown
Men Of Mayhem

Re: Current Gambino family administration

Post by Pogo The Clown »

JeremyTheJew wrote: Sat May 05, 2018 5:02 pm is this Joseph Scopo same as Concrete Club ?

That was his father Ralph Scopo Sr.

Pogo
It's a new morning in America... fresh, vital. The old cynicism is gone. We have faith in our leaders. We're optimistic as to what becomes of it all. It really boils down to our ability to accept. We don't need pessimism. There are no limits.
JIGGS
Sergeant Of Arms

Post by JIGGS »

slimshady_007 wrote: Sat May 05, 2018 8:22 am
TommyGambino wrote: Sat May 05, 2018 7:40 am Everything points toward Corozzo being knees deep in LCN until he dies. Weird how because these mobsters are old people think they can/want to retire. Most of the members are old, especially leadership
Just cant understand how after all those years in prison nicky would still want to persue a life in lcn. Cant believe he wouldn’t b tired of the bullshit that comes with the life such as prison.
If he was tired of the 'life' he'd have flipped already and gotten a beach house right next to Massino's in Cali.

Little Nick is 101% COSA NOSTRA. 80 years old? He's just getting his 2nd wind. Don't be surprised if by 2022 his name pops up as part of a ruling panel.

Then again he can always drop dead tomorrow. Shit happens.

JIGGS
eboli
Full Patched

Post by eboli »

Yeah, guys like Corozzo and Gene will retire when they die.
Chaps
Straightened out

Post by Chaps »

JeremyTheJew wrote: Sat May 05, 2018 5:02 pm
Chaps wrote: Sat May 05, 2018 8:27 am
TommyGambino wrote: Sat May 05, 2018 7:40 am Everything points toward Corozzo being knees deep in LCN until he dies. Weird how because these mobsters are old people think they can/want to retire. Most of the members are old, especially leadership
You're right Tommy. I would be very surprised if Gene Gotti "retires" to go and play golf or whatever. Maybe he will need the money and feels he earned at least a Capo position after serving his time. Although I remember a Gangland column from way back talking about a joint loansharking book he had with Joseph Scopo (Colombo guy) that still continued to operate even after Scopo was killed. Had millions on the street. Anyway, this life is all they know. Why give it up now. Also, I don't think Gene gives two shits about LE pressure.
that's who he had his book with? Joseph Scopo?
iv been hearing about his giant book still being on the street for a long time.
That would reAlly suprise me tho if it was with a different fam. is this Joseph Scopo same as Concrete Club ?
Here's the Gangland column from 2002 I referenced. I highlighted the pertinent part regarding loansharking.

December 5, 2002
By Jerry Capeci
Gene Gotti Holds Onto The Life

Gambino capo Gene GottiGambino capo Gene Gotti didn't give up the life when he was nailed for heroin trafficking 13 years ago.

He lost his crew and was reduced in rank to soldier, but he has played a major role in the crime family's rackets from federal prison, according to court documents in the labor racketeering case of reputed family boss Peter Gotti.

Gene, 56, is a younger brother of Peter and John Gotti, the late Dapper Don. He has remained a powerful family force through phone calls and jailhouse meetings with Peter and a host of capos, soldiers and associates, the court papers show.

Since he went to prison – he's not due out until 2018 – Gene has also retained a lucrative loansharking operation that Peter and other mob associates run for him, using the proceeds to provide for his wife and children, the papers say.

Like Peter and nephew John A. (Junior) Gotti, Gene was held in segregated confinement for three months as authorities investigated reports that members of the Gotti family were part of a plot to murder a warden at the prison where John Gotti died.

"The Bureau (FBI) and the BOP (Bureau of Prisons) couldn't find evidence to make that case, but there is plenty of evidence that Gene has been involved in crime family business for years," said one law enforcement official.

Gene, the first Gotti brother to become a "made man," is regarded as a genuine tough guy by the law and his peers and, according to FBI documents, has been involved in several mob rubouts, including the 1988 slaying of soldier Louis Milito, a murder John Gotti was convicted of ordering.

Gambino capo Fat Sally Scala"Gene has the respect of the family, and there even has been talk of him moving up to consigliere, even though he'll be away a long time," said another law enforcement source.

According to a 1999 affidavit by FBI agent Betsy Morris, Gene was visited frequently by brother Peter, and many other cohorts, including two mobsters who allegedly Gambino capo Skinny Dom Pizzoniatook part in the assassination of then-boss Paul Castellano in 1985 – Salvatore (Fat Sally) Scala (right) and Dominick (Skinny Dom) Pizzonia. (left) They often discussed criminal activities involving Gene and the crime family.

Many of Gene's discussions with Peter were animated and "caustic," wrote Morris, noting that Gene "would yell at Peter Gotti and attempt to learn what was going on within the Gambino family regarding their various enterprises."

Until 1999, most insight the feds learned about Gene's activities came from informants because the Gotti crew knew they were being observed by camera and placed their hands in front of their mouths when they spoke, or whispered in each other's ears. But in 1999, hidden cameras and more sophisticated bugs picked up allegedly incriminating discussions that the feds are looking to use in the waterfront racketeering case against Peter Gotti and six others that starts next month.

Many of Gene's phone calls – and visits from Gambino wiseguys – concerned the day-to-day operations of Gene's half of an unusual joint loansharking operation he shared with Colombo capo Joseph Scopo, a longtime gangster buddy until Scopo (right) was killed in 1993, the last of 12 victims of the bloody Colombo mob war that began in 1991.

Scopo, a hijacking buddy of Gene and John Gotti in the early 1970's, followed his father into a rival mob family but remained close to the Gottis, maintaining a "loanshark book" with Gene until his murder.

Despite Gene's incarceration and Scopo's death, their loanshark business is booming.

When Scopo died, his brother Ralph, a Colombo soldier, took over his brother's share of the loanshark operation, valued at $500,000 by the affidavit but which sources say today has more than $1 million "on the street" earning from 100 to 200 per cent interest a year.
JeremyTheJew
Full Patched

Post by JeremyTheJew »

thanks.

thats a good Capeci article. what do u guys think about looking at gene as a Consiglere?

my thoughts are that when this was written (02) the Gambinos were almost at there worst point in history. so it makes sense for back then to consider him.

this is probably around the time Gene was caught on tape saying "Go ahead and give Nicky the spot. he's waited long enough " or something equivalent to that.

with Felice info on Gene, i think this will be interesting to see what happens. hopefully he's more lively then Sonny Franzese
HANG IT UP NICKY. ITS TIME TO GO HOME.
slimshady_007
Full Patched

Post by slimshady_007 »

JeremyTheJew wrote: Sun May 06, 2018 2:26 pm thanks.

thats a good Capeci article. what do u guys think about looking at gene as a Consiglere?

my thoughts are that when this was written (02) the Gambinos were almost at there worst point in history. so it makes sense for back then to consider him.

this is probably around the time Gene was caught on tape saying "Go ahead and give Nicky the spot. he's waited long enough " or something equivalent to that.

with Felice info on Gene, i think this will be interesting to see what happens. hopefully he's more lively then Sonny Franzese
Cant picture gene as a consigliere. Def will be promoted back to capo but i dont see him serving in the admin. So many other guys could have the position. Larry mannino pete Inzerillo etc it’ll be interesting to see how gene will fit in with modern Cosa Nostra. Things were a lot different when he went away in ‘89
Wise men listen and laugh, while fools talk.
SonnyBlackstein
Filthy Few

Post by SonnyBlackstein »

For those of you so certain that Gene will definitely ‘jump back in the game’ I’d like to refer you to a great post made earlier in this same thread:
NYNighthawk wrote: Wed Apr 04, 2018 5:25 am Gene is getting out in October of this year after doing close to 30 years. He will be on parole for the next 20 years. He can't get videotaped at wakes, weddings, etc. with anyone from the life. He's toast now and everyone knows it - including Gene! His co-defendant John who got out late last year from the same trial is in the same boat. He didn't even go out Christmas shopping this past holiday season. No one wants to go back into the can in their mid-70's for another twenty (20) years. Anyone pumping out info that Gene and John are going back into the life are full of shit. I know how the feds operate and if they can, don't be surprised if they resurrect charges against the remaining Castellanto/Billotti - Sparks SteakHouse shooters. The problem is who can they get to testify - Sammy- no way! You still have Watts, Artuso/Carneglia/Gene still around and it would be an interesting trial to say the least.
Parole for the next TWENTY YEARS. What the fuck is Gene going to do as an admin or Capo with that?

Even if he physchotically wanted to risk adding on another twenty to his thirty, at age seventy. :roll:

And the Feds will be LIVING up his ass. We all know how much the G loves the Gotti family.

Sure, never say never with Gene getting back into the game, but I think Gene taking his dollars from the shy and living his last years out quietly is, considering the above, much more likely scenario. But at the least, can people stop the definitives about him jumping back in ‘without doubt’.
Don't give me your f***ing Manson lamps.
don-shunter
Straightened out

Post by don-shunter »

don't be surprised if they resurrect charges against the remaining Castellanto/Billotti - Sparks SteakHouse shooters. The problem is who can they get to testify - Sammy- no way! You still have Watts, Artuso/Carneglia/Gene still around and it would be an interesting trial to say the least.

Maybe this is why the full castellano/Ruggiero tapes have never been made public because the feds need them for a trial?
JeremyTheJew
Full Patched

Post by JeremyTheJew »

didn't stop Sonny Franzese.
i agree the SMART thing is to retire.
but what else does he really have
SonnyBlackstein
Filthy Few

Post by SonnyBlackstein »

JeremyTheJew wrote: Mon May 07, 2018 9:28 am didn't stop Sonny Franzese.
Jeezus. :roll:

Of course he MAY get back in, read my fucking post again. It's just bullshit when folks here post DEFINITIVE'S that he will.
Don't give me your f***ing Manson lamps.
JeremyTheJew
Full Patched

Post by JeremyTheJew »

SonnyBlackstein wrote: Mon May 07, 2018 9:36 am
JeremyTheJew wrote: Mon May 07, 2018 9:28 am didn't stop Sonny Franzese.
Jeezus. :roll:

Of course he MAY get back in, read my fucking post again. It's just bullshit when folks here post DEFINITIVE'S that he will.
i was never disagreeing with u
JeremyTheJew
Full Patched

Post by JeremyTheJew »

in fact I agree w you.
FriendofFamily
Full Patched

Post by FriendofFamily »

It would nice if everyone would read carefully and comprehend first and then nicely ask for clarification before going off on everybody. Oh and spend some time figuring out what you really want to say.

EVERYONE ELSE FO - Just kidding
Know which Game to Play
slimshady_007
Full Patched

Post by slimshady_007 »

gohnjotti wrote: Wed Apr 04, 2018 1:12 am What's felice's track record on the forum like? Has he been proven right? Proven wrong?

Questions:
Felice, what do you mean "Can't add more about it?" Do you mean regarding your source, or do you mean in terms of details in general?
What was John Gambino's position until his death? Was he part of the ruling panel until his death? Consig?
Gene's bit interests me most.
What sort of clout does Gene Gotti have? A large backing? If that chart is true, then the Zips have even more power than I initially thought. Would Gene have the backing of Jack D'Amico? The Corozzo/DiMaria crew? I don't know a huge amount about what the current capos' Gotti relations are.
Daniel Marino was called a soldier in a recent Gang Land. Now you're saying his crew is one of the most powerful. Is he still in charge, or did someone else take over?
Who took over Mannino's crew.

Notes:
Frank Camuso's going to be indicted later this year. I'd bet money on it. Petey BS will sink him. Don't know how strong the case will be with Petey BS's reputation, but the feds were fine indicting Joe C and Co.
Petey had done business with him? Im assuming petey bs is pete lavoglia. If so, where did u hear they did business?
Wise men listen and laugh, while fools talk.
Confederate
Full Patched

Post by Confederate »

slimshady_007 wrote: Mon May 07, 2018 6:58 am
JeremyTheJew wrote: Sun May 06, 2018 2:26 pm thanks.

Cant picture gene as a consigliere. Def will be promoted back to capo but i dont see him serving in the admin. So many other guys could have the position. Larry mannino pete Inzerillo etc it’ll be interesting to see how gene will fit in with modern Cosa Nostra. Things were a lot different when he went away in ‘89
Oh, I didn't know that you knew that Gene will DEF be promoted back to Capo? That's nice to know. What does Gene think about it?
" Everything Woke turns to shit".