Current Chicago Players 2020

Discuss all mafia families in the U.S., Canada, Italy, and everywhere else in the world.

Moderator: Capos

Patrickgold
Full Patched

Re: Current Chicago Players 2020

Post by Patrickgold »

UTC wrote: Wed Jul 29, 2020 1:51 am
PolackTony wrote: Tue Jul 28, 2020 4:14 pm
UTC wrote: Tue Jul 28, 2020 2:20 pm I guess I could have asked the same questions about any Outfit intersection with People Nation.
Again, just to be clear, the "People Nation" isn't an actual organization as such. It's an alliance formed in the prison system of distinct and separate organizations around 1978. The Outfit has had ties historically with several gangs affiliated with the People alliance. As already noted above, the Cicero crew is connected to the 12th St Players, who were an historically white/Italian gang formed in Berwyn and Cicero.The TSPs began recruiting Mexican members as well in the 80s due to changing demographics in their territory, and joined the People alliance along with their more numerous allies the Latin Kings and Almighty Popes. Paulie Carparelli notoriously is/was a TSP.

The Outfit has also had ties historically with Latino and black organizations in the People alliance. Chuckie English apparently had ties with the LKs and Chuck Nicoletti with the Vice Lords on the Westside. CPD intelligence linked Caesar DiVarco and Joe Arnold to the Mickey Cobras in the Near Northside/Cabrini-Green area. Outfit guys on the Southside likely had connections as well to the Black P Stones (formerly Blackstone Rangers/El Rukns).

Different Outfit guys/crews have had ties to various different organizations centered on street level drug distribution operations over the years.
What about the Gaylords of the People and the Outfit?
There was some Gaylords that worked with the Outfit, especially the earlier members but a majority of gaylords that graduated to the big time became Outlaws. I do recall one Gaylord that was murdered by the Outfit for robbing the wrong place if I recall correctly. I do not know of any gaylords that became outfit members or top associates.
Patrickgold
Full Patched

Post by Patrickgold »

PolackTony wrote: Tue Jul 28, 2020 6:51 pm
cavita wrote: Tue Jul 28, 2020 5:01 pm
Villain wrote: Thu Jul 23, 2020 7:28 am
cavita wrote: Thu Jul 23, 2020 7:25 am
Villain wrote: Thu Jul 23, 2020 7:20 am Thanks a 1000 times for all of the additional names Cavita and PolackTony and ill add them to the list, but you have to tell me which crews they belong to right?

@Polack, i already have one Tony Buttitta...any relations? Also do you have any good evidence that Nick wasnt related to the Roti clan? Dont get me wrong but many of their members from the past were never caught doing something illegal, except for being labeled in newspapers...
I have many more names that I will have to look for when I get home tonight as I'm out of town. I have some guys' names and the crews they belong to as well as a few that I don't know who they're under.
Thanks again bud and take your time
I have many many more names than the following but I don't have the time to type them all and their birthdates, etc. but here are a few:

Bobby Abbinanti
Angelo Cassano
Dominic Cassano
Gino Cassano
Vito Cassano
Salvatore DeCesare
Anthony Dote
Carl Dote
Tom Forliano
Pete Labelestra
Santino Colella
Vito Pesoli
Natale Saraceno
Nick Sarillo
Joe Volpe
Joe Bastone
James Bastone
Ronald DeRosa
Mike Petruzzi
John Capodice
Robert Dinella
Dominic Mangiamele
Joe Mangiamele Vincenzo Ercolino Tom Giuliano Chris Giuliano Salvatore Molose Gil Valerio Frank Adamo
I've heard for years that Pietro "Pete" LaBalestra has a crew of "zips" operating in the western burbs around Addison. I've been told they're involved in drugs as well as real estate, construction, and dirty contracting (not sure what industries specifically but I would guess construction related). I was told that Sicilians operating in the west burbs were at least partly responsible for the big opioid issue in the local area, which ironically seems to have hit younger Italian guys hard and thus further depressed the potential Outfit recruitment pool. I've been told this now by a couple different people, so maybe there's something to it. The story is that LaBalestra and his crew own strip malls and other properties where they run and hang out in non-descript soccer clubs and social clubs which shut down and move periodically.

People here may recall the "Operation Espresso" case in 1994 where LaBalestra and some of his guys were popped for running gambling operations out of a bunch of Sicilian social clubs/cafes in Addison and Bloomingdale. Charge along with LaBalestra were Giuseppe Vicari and Ottavio Volpe. These guys were all in their 30s back then.

Any word, confirmation, or elaboration on any of this? Also, Villain has LaBalestra under Elmwood/Grand. What exactly are his ties to them? Was he under Andriacchi or someone else before? I wonder at this point if him and his guys are indeed still active if they're basically running their own crew out there.
Couldn’t have said it better. Opioids have decimated future recruits for the Outfit. Lot of prospects became addicts which the Outfit would never take into their organization.
Villain
Filthy Few

Post by Villain »

The 70s were crucial regarding that type of behaviour and thats why many prospects were killed
Do not be deceived, neither the sexually immoral, nor idolaters, nor adulterers, nor men who practice homosexuality, nor thieves, nor the greedy, nor drunkards, nor revilers, nor swindlers will inherit the kingdom of God - Corinthians 6:9-10
Patrickgold
Full Patched

Post by Patrickgold »

Villain wrote: Mon Jul 27, 2020 2:17 am
Patrickgold wrote: Sun Jul 26, 2020 10:59 pm Ok, here are the names that should DEFINITELY be on the list because they are at least associates. These are guys that there is no question that they are affiliated. Some of them I was unsure of what crews they fall under because of the merging of some crews. Maybe someone can help me out with that. My apologies if the names were already listed or they have recently passed away.

Perry Mandera-associate, not sure which crew
Frank Caruso Jr-associate, Chinatown
Casey Szaflarski-associate, Chinatown
Joe Difronzo-associate/made?, EP, retired
Peter Difronzo-made, ep, retired
Paul Schiro-associate, Grand, retired/IP
Joe divita-associate, Arizona
Joseph Giacchino-associate, EP
Sam Cecola-associate, was rush st and Vegas,
Rick Rizzolo-associate, Vegas
Renato Di Silvestro-associate, Vegas, retired
Joey Cusumano-associate, Vegas, retired
Fred Portyla-associate, Grand, retired
Anthony Quaranta-associate, EP
Joseph Mangiamele-associate, Chinatown or Cicero
Sam Sarcinelli-associate, Chinatown or Cicero
Demitri Stavropoulos-associate, EP
Mike Swietek-associate, Grand
Paul Koroluk-associate, Grand
Donald Difrazio-associate, Chinatown
Fred Barbara-made, Chinatown
Robert DiDiana-associate, Taylor street-not sure what crew
Vito Salamone-associate, Cicero or Chinatown
Joe Salamone-associate, Cicero or Chinatown
Dominic Buttita-associate, Cicero?
Anthony Buttita-associate, Cicero?
Bruno Mancari-associate, Chinatown, deportes/inactive
William Daddono Jr-associate, EP
Nick Boscarino-associate, EP
Joseph Johnston-associate, NW Indiana
Good work. Maybe we/you should also make a similar list regarding the individuals from the first lists that should be removed
Villian, I’ll be honest. A lot of names I don’t recognize so I can’t verify but these ones I would take off

Nick Roti-already stated why

John Rainone-not sure if your talking about the dad or son of Mario. Either way, take them off. Both are rats

Robert Bondi-no evidence he is a member or associate of the Outfit. He works in 12th district and is friends with many but doesn’t mean he is part of the Outfit

John Adriani- Same as Bondi

Tony Ingraffia- Legit business man

Dom Gambino-Legit business man

I’ll ask around but the other names I don’t recognize
SolarSolano
Full Patched

Post by SolarSolano »

I would love to know more about the Sicilians in Addison/Bloomingdale. I've eaten frequently at DiMarco's in Bloomingdale that is owned by Vicari. Normally that is Cicero territory.

My view is that they are loosely connected, but with one crew, who I believe is likely under one of the Salamone's, who in turn work for Cicero. This is what I've always found curious - there was a Cafe Cappucino both on Grand Avenue (near Ashland) and another location on Harlem. The Grand Avenue location is where you could find Spina holding meetings just after La Roc's closed down. The Harlem location was apparently owned by an Italian mafia boss who was hiding in the U.S. Aldo Cardelicchio. Ironically he was arrested by US Marshall John Ambrose and extradited back to Italy to face heroin charges. But why was he in Chicago and running what was clearly an Outfit-related business? I think its interesting the Outfit is helping harbor/employ Italian fugitives as recently as a decade ago. If you read about guys like Anthony Carcione these Sicilians are really no joke and exceptionally rough.

I've never seen or met LaBalestra or the Volpe brothers but I can tell you gambling is in all of these clubs up and down Lake Street from Bloomingdale right through Melrose Park into Chicago.

Also anyone know who Marco D'Amico and Solly D's guy "Johnny Moe" was? Big bald Italian guy who was clearly a bodyguard of sorts.
SolarSolano
Full Patched

Post by SolarSolano »

Honestly I always also wondered if John Ambrose had Outfit connections before Family Secrets and the Outfit used him to drop a dime on Cardelicchio. Strange he would be the one busting a major Italian crime figure in Chicago, then indicted for Outfit connections a decade later.
Patrickgold
Full Patched

Post by Patrickgold »

SolarSolano wrote: Wed Jul 29, 2020 8:28 am Honestly I always also wondered if John Ambrose had Outfit connections before Family Secrets and the Outfit used him to drop a dime on Cardelicchio. Strange he would be the one busting a major Italian crime figure in Chicago, then indicted for Outfit connections a decade later.
Ambrose was connected to the Outfit through his dad. His dad went to jail on a police corruption case. I forget which one, I think it was Marquette 10. His dad served time with some outfit guys. That is strange he arrested some outfit guys and tried tip off others. Maybe the Outfit wanted the guy sent back to Italy and they tipped him off. I did not know there was a cafe cappuccino on grand and Ashland. I did know about Larocs right across from Smith park
Snakes
Full Patched

Post by Snakes »

Patrickgold wrote: Wed Jul 29, 2020 8:48 am
SolarSolano wrote: Wed Jul 29, 2020 8:28 am Honestly I always also wondered if John Ambrose had Outfit connections before Family Secrets and the Outfit used him to drop a dime on Cardelicchio. Strange he would be the one busting a major Italian crime figure in Chicago, then indicted for Outfit connections a decade later.
Ambrose was connected to the Outfit through his dad. His dad went to jail on a police corruption case. I forget which one, I think it was Marquette 10. His dad served time with some outfit guys. That is strange he arrested some outfit guys and tried tip off others. Maybe the Outfit wanted the guy sent back to Italy and they tipped him off. I did not know there was a cafe cappuccino on grand and Ashland. I did know about Larocs right across from Smith park
Ambrose's dad was part of the Marquette 10 and served time with John DiFronzo in the early/mid-90s.
Patrickgold
Full Patched

Post by Patrickgold »

Snakes wrote: Wed Jul 29, 2020 8:57 am
Ambrose's dad was part of the Marquette 10 and served time with John DiFronzo in the early/mid-90s.
Im not saying he didn’t serve time with Difronzo but it definitely was not in the 1990s. Ambrose died in 1986. Ambrose’s ex partner Frank Derango use to work at that Irish bar on Halsted in Greek town. He was the door guy. He did his time and got out. Ambrose died young at 37
Snakes
Full Patched

Post by Snakes »

Patrickgold wrote: Wed Jul 29, 2020 9:18 am
Snakes wrote: Wed Jul 29, 2020 8:57 am
Im not saying he didn’t serve time with Difronzo but it definitely was not in the 1990s. Ambrose died in 1986. Ambrose’s ex partner Frank Derango use to work at that Irish bar on Halsted in Greek town. He was the door guy. He did his time and got out. Ambrose died young at 37
I'm sorry, you're right. I got them confused. William Guide served time with DiFronzo.
Villain
Filthy Few

Post by Villain »

Patrickgold wrote: Wed Jul 29, 2020 3:55 am
Villain wrote: Mon Jul 27, 2020 2:17 am
Patrickgold wrote: Sun Jul 26, 2020 10:59 pm Ok, here are the names that should DEFINITELY be on the list because they are at least associates. These are guys that there is no question that they are affiliated. Some of them I was unsure of what crews they fall under because of the merging of some crews. Maybe someone can help me out with that. My apologies if the names were already listed or they have recently passed away.

Perry Mandera-associate, not sure which crew
Frank Caruso Jr-associate, Chinatown
Casey Szaflarski-associate, Chinatown
Joe Difronzo-associate/made?, EP, retired
Peter Difronzo-made, ep, retired
Paul Schiro-associate, Grand, retired/IP
Joe divita-associate, Arizona
Joseph Giacchino-associate, EP
Sam Cecola-associate, was rush st and Vegas,
Rick Rizzolo-associate, Vegas
Renato Di Silvestro-associate, Vegas, retired
Joey Cusumano-associate, Vegas, retired
Fred Portyla-associate, Grand, retired
Anthony Quaranta-associate, EP
Joseph Mangiamele-associate, Chinatown or Cicero
Sam Sarcinelli-associate, Chinatown or Cicero
Demitri Stavropoulos-associate, EP
Mike Swietek-associate, Grand
Paul Koroluk-associate, Grand
Donald Difrazio-associate, Chinatown
Fred Barbara-made, Chinatown
Robert DiDiana-associate, Taylor street-not sure what crew
Vito Salamone-associate, Cicero or Chinatown
Joe Salamone-associate, Cicero or Chinatown
Dominic Buttita-associate, Cicero?
Anthony Buttita-associate, Cicero?
Bruno Mancari-associate, Chinatown, deportes/inactive
William Daddono Jr-associate, EP
Nick Boscarino-associate, EP
Joseph Johnston-associate, NW Indiana
Good work. Maybe we/you should also make a similar list regarding the individuals from the first lists that should be removed
Villian, I’ll be honest. A lot of names I don’t recognize so I can’t verify but these ones I would take off

Nick Roti-already stated why

John Rainone-not sure if your talking about the dad or son of Mario. Either way, take them off. Both are rats

Robert Bondi-no evidence he is a member or associate of the Outfit. He works in 12th district and is friends with many but doesn’t mean he is part of the Outfit

John Adriani- Same as Bondi

Tony Ingraffia- Legit business man

Dom Gambino-Legit business man

I’ll ask around but the other names I don’t recognize
Thanks again bud.

It seems you are right about most of the guys and ill remove them, except for Ingraffia....some1 recently posted a case in which he was indicted....i also think Gambino was in on it but im not sure...
Last edited by Villain on Wed Jul 29, 2020 11:27 am, edited 1 time in total.
Do not be deceived, neither the sexually immoral, nor idolaters, nor adulterers, nor men who practice homosexuality, nor thieves, nor the greedy, nor drunkards, nor revilers, nor swindlers will inherit the kingdom of God - Corinthians 6:9-10
SolarSolano
Full Patched

Post by SolarSolano »

I know Ingraffia from the Mazzini Verde Club functions. He's a legitimate grocery store owner. His father Johnny Ingraffia however was an enforcer for the Northside Crew years ago. I believe Ingraffia is the nephew or godson of Dom Gambino.

If there is an indictment with their names on it, would love to see it.

What about Joe Belli and his son Joey Jr.? I'm not sure if father is still alive, but they worked for the DiFronzos and would assume they are still in Local 731, which is dominated by Outfit guys.
Villain
Filthy Few

Post by Villain »

Yup i think it was Funkster or maybe some1 else who posted the Ingraffia case some time ago....
Villain
Filthy Few

Post by Villain »

In addition, back in 2011 Fosco mentioned that the board of members for the Central Grocers included alleged organized crime figures such as Gambino, Ingraffia and Butera Sr., who were allegedly tied to the Outfit and were about to sell the company for much lesser price. In 2017 Foscos prediction came true since the Central Grocers was purchased by a Minnesota-based grocery company for a price which was well below the appraised value and everyone declined to comment on anything at the time.
Patrickgold
Full Patched

Post by Patrickgold »

Villain wrote: Wed Jul 29, 2020 11:33 am In addition, back in 2011 Fosco mentioned that the board of members for the Central Grocers included alleged organized crime figures such as Gambino, Ingraffia and Butera Sr., who were allegedly tied to the Outfit and were about to sell the company for much lesser price. In 2017 Foscos prediction came true since the Central Grocers was purchased by a Minnesota-based grocery company for a price which was well below the appraised value and everyone declined to comment on anything at the time.
These guys are definitely friends with Outfit guys. They grew up with them. Maybe they are washing money for them. That is possible. All the big grocery stores in Chicago have an outfit connection. Tony’s, Butera, Marianos, Caputo’s . But I’m not sure that they would qualify to be on an Outfit chart. If there is an indictment I would definitely agree on that they should be on the chart. I just never heard he was indicted. That would be big news here.