Montreal Mafia status - Post Rizzuto Era

Discuss all mafia families in the U.S., Canada, Italy, and everywhere else in the world.

Moderator: Capos

dixiemafia
Full Patched

Re: Montreal Mafia status - Post Rizzuto Era

Post by dixiemafia »

Is Arcadi still out? It's odd we haven't heard ANYTHING from him! I would have thought for sure he would have made a play or backed someone and made a statement or something. Maybe the mafia as a whole up there are camping out on the mattresses for sure because you hardly heard from him or Del Balso minus his home invasion and I think the threat charge was loosely tied to that if I'm not mistaken.

As for the Hells/mafia, I'm not so certain the mob is weaker at this point. I think the HA's still need the mafia because of their drug dealing ties. Yes it's not as easy to get the stuff in these days it seems with the arrests, but I think the mafia is more concerned with the infighting and fueds right now than they are wondering/hoping if they are the strongest or not. I think without them the HA's have a much tougher link to get stuff into Canada and out of Canada. I know they have their own ties but I doubt they're as strong as the links Vito Rizzuto had and even those of Desjardins/Mirarchi.
If I didn't have my case coming up, I would like to come back with you gentlemen when this is over with and really lay the law down what is going on in this country.....
Lupara
Full Patched

Re: RE: Re: Montreal Mafia status - Post Rizzuto Era

Post by Lupara »

dixiemafia wrote:Is Arcadi still out?  It's odd we haven't heard ANYTHING from him!  I would have thought for sure he would have made a play or backed someone and made a statement or something.  Maybe the mafia as a whole up there are camping out on the mattresses for sure because you hardly heard from him or Del Balso minus his home invasion and I think the threat charge was loosely tied to that if I'm not mistaken.  

As for the Hells/mafia, I'm not so certain the mob is weaker at this point.  I think the HA's still need the mafia because of their drug dealing ties.  Yes it's not as easy to get the stuff in these days it seems with the arrests, but I think the mafia is more concerned with the infighting and fueds right now than they are wondering/hoping if they are the strongest or not.  I think without them the HA's have a much tougher link to get stuff into Canada and out of Canada.  I know they have their own ties but I doubt they're as strong as the links Vito Rizzuto had and even those of Desjardins/Mirarchi.
Agreed. The Hell's may now control more territory and are more dispersed but their role in the drug business is limited to local distribution while the Mafia arranges the importation. I don't think this is nor will be changed. The Mafia has their own outposts in Southern America and direct connections with the drug cartels. This isn't suddenly going to change now that the Hell's are more of a presence in Quebec. Their connections will continue to prefer to deal with them because of a relationship that has been built on trust for decades. The Mafia has a track record of international drug smuggling that goes back a hundred years. The Hell's have a lot of catching up to do which will not happen anytime soon if ever. Then there's also construction in which the mob is firmly entrenched not to mention gambling. What's left for the Hell's are the less lucrative rackets such as local drug dealing, theft, extortion and loan sharking. Controlling territory is one thing, but having the connections, sophistication and infiltration in the business community and politics another. I think the Mafia is now maintaining a low profile and is reorganizing after years of internal confict rather than being crippled. Remember that all the big players are back on the streets and it hasn't been as quiet since 2004. 

As for Arcadi, he's been apparantly meeting up with his fellow Calabrians such as the Violis. The Rizzuto alliance as it once was is no more. 

CabriniGreen
Full Patched

Post by CabriniGreen »

Guys, as far as the drugs....

Now, who you should pay attention to are the Mexicans. The Italians knocked down a notch is an opportunity for the Mexicans to make deals with these mid tier groups, and gain more Canadian market share...

just a thought....
CabriniGreen
Full Patched

Post by CabriniGreen »

I've felt for a long time the Narcotics connections are the KEY to power up there....
( While lots of people seem to think all you need is to
just be a made Bonanno...)

It's what will bring the Bikers and street gangs to the table.

I found it intriguing, Mirarchi, Scoppas, Dejardins, Violis, the men who were rumored, or were expected to be in contention to take over, ALL have big Narcotics capabilities.

Even now, it says Woolley is very important to the Sollecito group.

Whereas, you had a guy like Arcadi, whom apparently alienated the street gangs right away....Not smart if you are in the Narcotics business....

Same type of stupidity with the Commisos dealings with the Wolfpack....
CabriniGreen
Full Patched

Post by CabriniGreen »

And lastly, if they have THAT much market share in the streets, ( interesting dynamic of the drug trade here)
a supplier/ importer would be obliged to deal with them....
Lupara
Full Patched

Post by Lupara »

CabriniGreen wrote:And lastly, if they have THAT much market share in the streets, ( interesting dynamic of the drug trade here)
a supplier/ importer would be obliged to deal with them....
The Mafia already has this arrangement with the Hell's in place for a long time.
scagghiuni
Full Patched

Post by scagghiuni »

Lupara wrote: Tue Dec 25, 2018 1:54 am What's left for the Hell's are the less lucrative rackets such as local drug dealing, theft, extortion and loan sharking.  
mafia is involved in this stuff too
Lupara
Full Patched

Re: RE: Re: RE: Re: Montreal Mafia status - Post Rizzuto Era

Post by Lupara »

scagghiuni wrote:
Lupara wrote: Tue Dec 25, 2018 1:54 am What's left for the Hell's are the less lucrative rackets such as local drug dealing, theft, extortion and loan sharking.  
mafia is involved in this stuff too
What I meant is that these are the rackets the Hell's can assume dominance in. The more sophisticated rackets remain in the hands of the mob.
Laurentian
Sergeant Of Arms

Post by Laurentian »

Double homicide à Saint-Léonard: les victimes étaient connues des policiers

https://www.lapresse.ca/actualites/just ... iciers.php
Laurentian
Sergeant Of Arms

Post by Laurentian »

Laurentian wrote: Wed Dec 26, 2018 7:01 am Double homicide à Saint-Léonard: les victimes étaient connues des policiers

https://www.lapresse.ca/actualites/just ... iciers.php
Deux meurtres de Saint-Léonard: les victimes identifiées

https://www.lapresse.ca/actualites/just ... ifiees.php
CabriniGreen
Full Patched

Post by CabriniGreen »

@lupara

Something we have to be careful with is assuming the ORGANIZATIONS own the narcotics connections.

It's usually a personal connection unless there is a consortium in place.

Like Rizzutos connections are HIS connections... that's why in order to really win the war, he had to die first.

Also, we gotta pay attention to what's been happening. You guys are assuming the Bikers HAVE to go through the mafia.

How do we explain the Wolfpack SELLING cocaine TO ndrangheta? And the Italians not paying up?
The Commissos no less......
Wiseguy
Filthy Few

Post by Wiseguy »

Looks like Scott B has compiled a timeline for the war in Montreal on his blog. I was doing the same for a while until it fell by the wayside. Seems like he got most of the major hits but others will have to say if any are missing.

THE MONTREAL MOB WAR MURDER TIMELINE: RIZZUTO CRIME FAMILY REMAINS AT WAR INTO 2019

For the past decade, a mob war in Montreal has engulfed the Canadian underworld. In the late 2000s, Montreal Godfather Vito Rizzuto’s family mafia dynasty came under attack from within when Rizzuto’s right-hand man Raynald Desjardins joined forces with deported New York don Salvatore (Sal the Ironworker) Montagna to challenge Rizzuto’s reign while the mob boss was away serving a prison sentence in America. Rizzuto’s father, son and brother-in-law were all executed with Rizzuto sitting helpless behind bars.

THE MONTREAL MOB WAR MURDER TIMELINE

August 11, 2005 – Montreal mobster Johnny Bertolo, a racketeer, builder and construction union rep aligned with Raynald Desjardins, is killed as he left his gym after a falling out with Vito Rizzuto.

August 30, 2006 – Rizzuto crime family enforcer Domenico Macri is killed in a drive-by shooting as he sat at a traffic light in downtown Montreal.

September 7, 2007 – Montreal mob figure Frank Velenosi, a main lieutenant of Rizzuto crime family underboss, Francesco (Compare Frank) Arcadi, is found stabbed to death in the trunk of his car.

January 15, 2008 – Rizzuto crime family enforcer Constantin (Big Gus) Alevizos is killed.

December 4, 2008 – Rizzuto crime family soldier Mario (Skinny) Marabella is killed as gunmen open fire on him as he exits his vehicle and goes to fill up his tank at a Montreal gas station.

January 16, 2009 – Montreal mobster Sam Fasulo, a top henchman for Compare Frank Arcadi, is murdered.

August 21, 2009 – Montreal mobster Freddy Del Peschio, a Rizzuto confidant, is slain.

December 28, 2009 – Montreal mobster Nicolo (Ritzy Nick) Rizzuto, Jr., Vito’s son and protégé, is shot dead in broad daylight.

March 19, 2010 – Greek mobster Pete Christopulous, a bodyguard for Haitian gangster Ducarme Joseph, is killed in an attempt to assassinate Ducarme inside Ducarme’s women’s clothing boutique located in a Montreal shopping plaza (Joseph, the leader of the 67s Gang, was the suspected shooter in the Ritzy Nick Rizzuto hit).

May 19, 2010 – Rizzuto crime family consigliere Paolo Renda, Vito Rizzuto’s brother-in-law, vanishes and is presumed dead.

June 29, 2010 – Rizzuto crime family acting boss Agostino Cuntrera and his bodyguard Liborio Sciascia are killed in a hail of bullets outside Cuntrera’s office.

September 29, 2010 – Rizzuto clan enforcer Ennio Bruni is killed, gunned down in a crowded Montreal strip mall.

November 10, 2010 – Montreal mafia patriarch, Nicolo (Uncle Nick) Rizzuto, a mafia dignitary on multiple continents, is shot dead in his kitchen by a sniper’s rifle.

January 31, 2011 – Montreal mobster Antonio Salvo, one of Compare Frank Arcadi lieutenants, is killed outside his home.

October 24, 2011 – Rizzuto ally-turned-rival Larry Lopresti, the son of a slain Rizzuto lieutenant, is killed on his home balcony in suburban Montreal while smoking a cigarette.

November 24, 2011 – New York mob don Salvatore (Sal the Ironworker) Montagna is assassinated near a woodsy riverbed as he runs from an ambush in suburban Montreal after his and Desjardins’ palace coup goes awry (Desjardins eventually pleads guilty in the murder plot).

March 1, 2012 – Montreal mobster Giuseppe (Joe Closure) Colapelle, a Rizzuto lieutenant-turned-Desjardins loyalist is slain.

May 4, 2012 – Montreal mobster Joe Renda, a stealthy Rizzuto ally-turned-Montagna-backer, disappears and is presumed dead.

July 16, 2012 – Money-laundering expert Walter Gutierrez, tasked with washing illegal windfall for the Rizzuto crime family, is killed in a barrage of bullets as he walks towards his house in a West End Montreal neighborhood.

August 14, 2012 – Haitian street gang leaders Chenier Dupuy & Lamartine Paul are gunned down within hours of each other, Dupuy is killed as he sat in his truck outside a restaurant, Paul was murdered as he left his apartment. They were suspected of providing muscle for the anti-Rizzuto wing of the Montreal mafia.

November 5, 2012 – Montreal mob capo, Giuseppe (Smiling Joe) Di Maulo, a one-time top Rizzuto crime family power who joined forces with Montagna and Desjardins (Smiling Joe’s brother in-law), is killed outside his home by Rizzuto gunmen.

November 17, 2012 – Montreal mob associate, Mohamed Awad, a top Desjardins associate, is slain.

December 8, 2012 – Rizzuto crime family lieutenant Emilio Cordeleone is killed.

January 22, 2013 – Montreal mob associate Gaetano Gosselin, a Desjardins ally and local builder, is murdered outside his home.

January 31, 2013 – Montreal mobster Vinnie Scuderi, a Desjardins loyalist, is murdered outside his home.

May 8, 2013 – Deported Toronto mob crew boss Juan (Joe Bravo) Fernandez, the Rizzuto crime family’s captain in Ontario, is found dead in Sicily, after being marked for death by Vito Rizzuto himself for staying neutral in the war.

July 8, 2013 – Montreal mob figure and Rizzuto rival, Giuseppe (Ponytail) De Vito, is poisoned to death in his cell in a Quebec prison.

July 12, 2013 – Toronto mob enforcer Sam (The Young Gun) Calautti and his driver Jimmy Tusek, are murdered outside a bachelor party in the Woodbridge neighborhood while a suspect in the slayings of a number of Rizzuto crime family members.

November 10, 2013 – Montreal mobster Moreno (The Turkey) Gallo, a Rizzuto ally-turned-rival is killed in Acapulco on the three-year anniversary of the murder of Uncle Nick Rizzuto inside his estate.

December 18, 2013 – Montreal mob associate Rogert Valiquette, closely aligned with Moreno Gallo and Smiling Joe Di Maulo loyalist Roger Valiquette is murdered.

April 24, 2014 – Highly-feared Toronto mobster Carmine (The Animal) Verducci is shot dead on the sidewalk outside of his restaurant.

August 1, 2014 – Ducarme Joseph, the powerful Haitian street gang leader, is killed.

March 1, 2016 – Montreal mob figure Lorenzo (Skunk) Giordano, the acting underboss of the Rizzuto crime family, is shot to death outside his health club.

May 27, 2016 – Montreal mob figure, Rocco (Sauce) Sollecito, the acting boss of the Rizzuto crime family, is shot to death as he sat at a stop sign in his luxury SUV within less than 100 yards from a suburban Montreal police station.

June 2, 2016 — Semi-retired Montreal mobster Angelo D’Onofrio is shot to death while sitting outside a suburban Montreal coffee shop (Café Sinatra) drinking an espresso.

October 15, 2016 — Montreal mobster Vince Spagnolo, one of Vito Rizzuto’s most trusted lieutenants, advisors and messengers, is shot to death outside his home.

March 14, 2017 – Mila Barberi, the 28-year old girlfriend of Toronto mobster Saverio Serrano, is killed sitting in Serrano’s car in an attack Serrano survived.

March 18, 2017 – Montreal mobster Nicola (Big Nicky) Di Marco, a top lieutenant of Ponytail De Vito’s, is killed.

May 2, 2017 — Prominent Hamilton, Ontario mobster Angelo (Big Ange) Musitano is shot to death in his driveway bringing the war to Western Ontario.

August 17, 2017 — Montreal mobster Antonio De Blasio, one of Sauce Sollecito’s closest friends, is gunned down outside his son’s football practice.

November 2, 2017 — Montreal mobster Jacques Desjardins, the brother of Raynald Desjardins, disappears and is presumed dead.

February 3, 2018 – Toronto mob figure, Daniel (Dark Danny) Ranieri, the Rizzuto rime family’s Ontario crew boss, is found dead in Mexico, two years after fleeing an indictment out of Canada.

June 28, 2018 — Montreal mob associate Steve (Stevie the Jew) Ovadia is shot to death in the parking lot of a strip mall parking lot.

June 29, 2018 — Toronto mobster Cosimo Commisso, the nephew of Ontario mob boss Cosimo (The Quail) Commisso, and his girlfriend, are killed.

September 13, 2018 – Hamilton mob associate Al Ivarone is gunned down outside his residence in the city’s Scenic Woods neighborhood in payback for his connections to those responsible for the Angelo Musitano hit and his involvement in a feud over gambling territory in Niagara Falls.

http://gangsterreport.com/the-montreal- ... into-2019/
All roads lead to New York.
Wiseguy
Filthy Few

Post by Wiseguy »

This is what someone else (can't recall who) had compiled.

Hits and Misses

• Lorenzo Giordano, Shot to Death - March 2016
• Marco Claudio Campellone, Shot to Death - September 2015 (victim of attempted murder 2 years earlier)
• Christopher DeSimone and Maria Voci, Shot to Death - June 2015 (2 others wounded)
• Tonino Collochia, Shot to Death - December 2014
• Ducarme Joseph, Shot to Death - August 2014
• Carmine Verduci, Shot to Death, Toronto - April 2014
• Roger Valiquette, Shot to Death - December 2013
• Moreno Gallo, 68, Shot to Death - November 2013 (Mexico)
• Mathieu Vallee, 30, Shot to Death - October 2013
• Salvatore Calautti, 40, Shot to Death - July 2013
• Jamie Laramee, 37, Shot to Death - July 2013
• Cody Laramee, 25, Shot to Death - July 2013
• Giuseppe "Ponytail" DeVito, 46, Found dead in prison - July 2013
• James Tusek, 25, Shot to Death - July 2013
• Salvatore "Sam" Calautti, 40, Shot to Death - July 2013
• Fernando Pimentel - Shot to Death - March 2013 (Sicily)
• Juan Ramon "Joe Bravo" Fernandez - Shot to Death - March 2013 (Sicily)
• James Bertrand, 35, Shot At - February 2013
• Tonino Callocchia, 51, Shot and Wounded - February 2013
• Vincenzo Scuderi, 49, Shot to Death – January 2013
• Gaétan Gosselin, 69, Shot to Death – January 2013
• Domenico Facchina, 37, Shot to Death – December 2012
• Giuseppe Fetta, 33, Shot and Wounded - December 2012
• Emilio Cordileone, 50, Shot to Death – December 2012
• Tony Gensale, 43, Shot to Death - November 2012
• Mohamed Awada, 47, Shot to Death - November 2012
• Joe Di Maulo , 70, Shot to Death – November 2012
• Pierre-Paul Fortier, 27, Shot to Death, Possibly Unrelated to Montreal Mafia War – October 2012
• Frederick Murdock, 33, Shot to Death, Possibly Unrelated to Montreal Mafia War – October 2012
• Vincent Pietrantonio, 53, Shot and Wounded, Possibly Unrelated to Montreal Mafia War - October 2012
• Tommy Pietrantonio, 28, Shot and Wounded, Possibly Unrelated to Montreal Mafia War - October 2012
• Domenico Arcuri Sr. , 79, Died Suspiciously – October 2012
• Ben Zaid Moez Ben Ali, 34, Shot to Death, Possibly an Innocent Civilian – August 2012
• Marco Lafratta, 24, Shot and Wounded - August 2012
• Riccardo Ruffolo, 34, Shot to Death – August 2012
• Chenier Dupuy, 37, Shot to Death, Possibly Unrelated to Montreal Mafia War – August 2012
• Lamartine Paul Severe, 42, Shot to Death, Possibly Unrelated to Montreal Mafia War - August 2012
• Walter Ricardo Gutierrez, 60, Shot to Death – July 2012
• Giuseppe "Joe" Renda, 53, “Missing” – May 2012
• Salvatore Silletta, 49, Shot To Death – March 2012
• Giuseppe "Closure" Colapelle, 38, Shot To Death – March 2012
• Steven Laporte, 39, Shot To Death – March 2012
• Giuseppe Renda (not related to Joe Renda but connected to Montagna) - disappeared
• Antonio (Tony Suzuki) Pietrantonio, 48, Shot and Wounded – December 2011
• Salvatore "Sal the Ironworker" Montagna, 40, Shot to Death – November 2011
• Lorenzo "Larry" Lopresti , 40, Shot To Death – October 2011
• Raynald Desjardins, 60, Shot At – September 2011
• Antonio Di Salvo, 44, Shot To Death – February 2011
• Rita Biasini, 50, Shot At - February 2011
• Nicolo Rizzuto, 86, Shot To Death – November 2010
• Ennio Bruni, 36, Shot To Death – September 2010
• Agostino Cuntrera, 66, Shot To Death – June 2010
• Liborio Sciascia, 40, Shot To Death – June 2010
• Paolo Renda, 70, “Missing” – May 2010
• Ducarme Joseph, 43, Shot At In Suspected Dispute With Montreal Mafia– March 2010
• Peter Christopoulos, 27, (Bodyguard of Ducarme Joseph), Shot To Death – March 2010
• Nick Rizzuto Jr., 43, Shot To Death – December 2009
• Fredrico Del Peschio , 59, Shot To Death - August 2009
• Dany de Gregorio, 43, Shot and Wounded – June 2009
• Sam Fasulo, 37, Shot To Death - January 2009
• Mario (Skinny) Marabella, 40, “Missing” – December 2008
•Antonio (Tony) Magi, Shot at - August 2008
All roads lead to New York.
Lupara
Full Patched

Post by Lupara »

I wonder where Scott got if from that Del Blasio was a close friend of Rocco Sollecito.

What I remember what was being said is that he was a mob middle man who had arranged hits for rival mob factions.

Also, some of the victims he described as belonging to the Desjardins group were with Giuseppe Vito.

Are the Pietrantonios who were shot in 2012 in any way related to Antonio Pietrantonio? If I remember correctly they weren't but my memory is vague.
Laurentian
Sergeant Of Arms

Post by Laurentian »

Judge decides Feb. 25 if case against Leonardo Rizzuto should be tossed.

https://montrealgazette.com/news/judge- ... -be-tossed