James "Whitey" Bulger murdered in prison

Discuss all mafia families in the U.S., Canada, Italy, and everywhere else in the world.

Moderator: Capos

chubby
Sergeant Of Arms

Re: Whitey bulgar murdered in prison

Post by chubby »

JCB1977 wrote: Wed Oct 31, 2018 6:29 am Whether he was 89 or 59, Bulger was an animal that affected a lot of families. It’s actually hilarious hearing the victims’ families statements. Scumbag seems to be the common word to describe him. His notoriety was blown up after he went on the run. For anybody who thinks that he ran Boston, they are sadly mistaken. He ran a very small section of town. And if he seriously stepped on anybody’s toes, Ray Sr would’ve put an end to him. He made a good chunk of coin and ruled his neighborhood by fear. Geas whacked Bruno and Bulger...those are some high profile trophies. I don’t believe it was a contract hit but rather Geas had nothing to lose and more notoriety to gain.
I thought arillotta farmed out the Bruno hit to Frankie Roche, who flipped on everyone, not one of the Geas brothers.. funny out of the whole Springfield crew tranghese and arillotta flipped.. soldier and the new skip.. the 2 greek brothers (geas) took their time like men. The only other guy with a button wrapped up in that case that didn’t rat was emilio fusco.. I heard what’s left of the crew up there.. calvanese and Ralph Santaniello, who rooster was gonna propose on a wiretap.. I heard they’re all pill junkies.. so they were basically trying to shake that tow truck driver down to get money to buy perc 30’s, methadone or dope...
SonnyBlackstein
Filthy Few

Post by SonnyBlackstein »

chubby wrote: Sat Nov 03, 2018 5:29 pm The only other guy with a button wrapped up in that case that didn’t rat was emilio fusco..
Artie Nigro.
Don't give me your f***ing Manson lamps.
Wiseguy
Filthy Few

Post by Wiseguy »

chubby wrote: Sat Nov 03, 2018 5:29 pm
JCB1977 wrote: Wed Oct 31, 2018 6:29 am Whether he was 89 or 59, Bulger was an animal that affected a lot of families. It’s actually hilarious hearing the victims’ families statements. Scumbag seems to be the common word to describe him. His notoriety was blown up after he went on the run. For anybody who thinks that he ran Boston, they are sadly mistaken. He ran a very small section of town. And if he seriously stepped on anybody’s toes, Ray Sr would’ve put an end to him. He made a good chunk of coin and ruled his neighborhood by fear. Geas whacked Bruno and Bulger...those are some high profile trophies. I don’t believe it was a contract hit but rather Geas had nothing to lose and more notoriety to gain.
I thought arillotta farmed out the Bruno hit to Frankie Roche, who flipped on everyone, not one of the Geas brothers.. funny out of the whole Springfield crew tranghese and arillotta flipped.. soldier and the new skip.. the 2 greek brothers (geas) took their time like men. The only other guy with a button wrapped up in that case that didn’t rat was emilio fusco.. I heard what’s left of the crew up there.. calvanese and Ralph Santaniello, who rooster was gonna propose on a wiretap.. I heard they’re all pill junkies.. so they were basically trying to shake that tow truck driver down to get money to buy perc 30’s, methadone or dope...
The fact that Arilotta was even made suggests the pickings were already getting slim in Springfield.
All roads lead to New York.
JCB1977
Filthy Few

Post by JCB1977 »

sharpieone wrote: Fri Nov 02, 2018 2:06 pm
JCB1977 wrote: Fri Nov 02, 2018 1:51 pm
baldo wrote: Fri Nov 02, 2018 4:42 am Paul J. DeCologero named as second suspect.

https://nypost.com/2018/11/01/feds-repo ... r-killing/

Federal authorities are reportedly eyeing a second suspect in the murder of James “Whitey” Bulger.

Paul J. DeCologero, of the North Shore organized crime group, is believed to have taken part in the vicious Tuesday morning prison beating, according to the Boston Globe.

Law enforcement officials “with knowledge of the matter” told the newspaper that he and former Mafia hitman Fotios “Freddy” Geas set upon Bulger less than 12 hours after he arrived at Hazelton federal penitentiary in West Virginia.

The two men allegedly beat him to death inside his cell with a padlock stuffed inside a sock.

Geas confessed to killing the wheelchair-bound Bulger — Boston’s most famous crime boss — but said he did it alone.

Officials told the Globe that it was unclear how he and DeCologero found out about Bulger’s arrival at the prison, which has a reputation for being dangerous.

“It’s a very violent facility and it’s not a place that would be OK,” explained Richard Heldreth, president of Local 420 of the Federation of Government Employees, which represents correctional officers.

“Just knowing what everybody knows about him from media, movies and Wikipedia, it seemed very odd,” he said.

Heldreth told the Globe that despite some people’s suspicions, he was certain that officers had not been tipped off about Bulger’s transfer.

“They didn’t know until he came in,” he said. “I haven’t heard of anything being said like, ‘Watch him. Make sure he stays away from that guy.’”

DeCologero is serving a 25-year sentence on racketeering and witness tampering charges. Law enforcement officials are reportedly stumped about a possible motive for him in the Bulger killing but did note how DeCologero’s conviction was secured thanks to the testimony of several former partners — including his own father — who flipped and became government witnesses.

The mobster had also been busted for ordering the hit of 19-year-old Aislin Silva, who was killed and dismembered out of fear that she’d cooperate with police and testify, according to the Globe.

Police sources told the newspaper that DeCologero and Geas both know each other but never crossed paths until they got to prison.

“Paul J. was nothing more than a low-level drug dealer who was himself drug-addicted and who sometimes acted as a puppet for his dominant uncle,” defense attorney John Wall wrote in his sentencing memorandum.

“Paul J.’s involvement with his family’s life of crime and drug abuse was early and involuntary. Both of his parents were drug addicts and drug dealers,” Wall added. “He was physically abused by his father and others. He saw his father physically abuse his mother [and] never had a positive role model or a support system of any kind.”

DeCologero and Geas were both in general population when Bulger was placed there Tuesday, much to the surprise of prison staff.

“Why did he come here in the first place and why was he put in general population?” Heldreth asked. “That’s the most burning question of all.”

FILED UNDER JAMES "WHITEY" BULGER , MURDERS
Was he connected to LCN? If so, who?
His uncle was connected to Rhode Island/Patriarca. But he was specifically connected to the Carrozza faction during unrest with Providence. He also delivered some drugs for Whitey and Steve before he went away in the late 80s. He got out and said he wouldn't work for them again, causing them some grief. Not sure what the fallout from that was. But the uncle was still loosely connected to Rhode Island after his release and resurrection of a crew on the North Shore during the 1990s. I am not sure who he was on the record with, but I know he disliked Salemme. I think he would some times go after Salemme dealers and some times back off because he didn't want any part of them. The uncle operated out of a gym in Woburn and swears he wasn't the one who ordered that girl stashing drugs and guns to be killed and cut up. He says this was the work of a different, rival crew. The whole crew was seriously violent. They'd kidnap, put guns to heads, beat, and embarrass anyone on the north shore selling weed on their turf. But the heroin dealer who the nephew bought from in the first botched attempt on the girl testified that Young Paul was specifically asking for a hot-shot. The Uncle's brother, the only kid's father, ratted on the whole crew in a big RICO/murder trial. He was a piece of shit through and through. A dope head who got his kids into drugs at a young age and would also beat them and the wife. The whole crew seems like some vicious white trash. But that wasn't uncommon for crews on the north shore back then. Pharmacies were booming and so were robberies. I don't know if this crew took part in that, but the whole operation brought some unsavory characters. This crew sold lots of guns at the time too. The guy who was convicted of killing the girl was part of another crew, and the uncle swore he didnt hire him. But the guy who physically did it offed himself in prison. The boyfriend of the girl overdosed before trial and had to communicate through a computer when he ratted. He had the chance to get the girl away. The uncle even rented him a limo to take her to NY to vet her on whether she'd turn. He guessed she would and took part in dismembering her. Another guy convicted of the dismembering, Derek, broke out of a prison van during transport in Kentucky a few years ago. He was locked up before the murder trial for shaking down a North Shore car dealer. He's now in AdMax in Florence. Until he's like 70. The uncle got life. The nephew and the brother Joe Jr. went down at trial. But the Nephew was going to get out in his 50s. Who knows now.
Thx for the background. Who was his uncle that was connected to Providence?
"I figure I’m gonna have to do about 6000 years before I get accepted into heaven. And 6000 years is nothing in eternity terms. I can do that standing on my head. It’s like a couple of days here."

-Pauly Walnuts, RIP
chubby
Sergeant Of Arms

Post by chubby »

Wiseguy wrote: Sat Nov 03, 2018 6:14 pm
The fact that Arilotta was even made suggests the pickings were already getting slim in Springfield.
Very true.. I heard Felix was a total brokester also.. I wonder who oversaw the Springfield guys during that time for the west side... cause Felix got his ass beat at an construction site by the geas brothers .. I don’t think that’s something that’s supposed to happen to someone with their button by guys who are associates under them.
I’m also really curious where calvanese and Ralph Santaniello and them were when all the shit came down with arillotta flipped and all that.. they weren’t even mentioned . I know Ralph’s dad took off to Florida til Bruno was killed cause Bruno had a problem with him and basically chased him.... just seems weird none of those guys were mentioned in any of the arillotta,Felix,fusco and geas trials... cause people make it out to seem like calvanese has and Santaniello were players for a while.. I would have thought with such a small crew if they were in the mix they would have at least been mentioned .
Rocco
Full Patched

Post by Rocco »

tranghese and arillotta both still live in the area walked away from wpp
chubby
Sergeant Of Arms

Post by chubby »

Rocco wrote: Mon Nov 05, 2018 8:28 am
tranghese and arillotta both still live in the area walked away from wpp
Yeah I heard they’re both still around the east long meadow area or around there... if what’s left of the crew was threatening to basically kill a tow truck driver over shake down money you would think they would at least beat the shit out of Felix or bingy if they’re all still in the same small area... crazy .
SILENT PARTNERZ
Full Patched

Post by SILENT PARTNERZ »

Arilotta to Geas brothers to Roache was the way it went. Did'nt Fusco high tail it to Italy? Seems like everyone is on opiates these days.
Which reminds me.... lol.
'three can keep a secret, if two are dead'
Rocco
Full Patched

Post by Rocco »

SILENT PARTNERZ wrote: Mon Nov 05, 2018 3:54 pm
Arilotta to Geas brothers to Roache was the way it went. Did'nt Fusco high tail it to Italy? Seems like everyone is on opiates these days.
Which reminds me.... lol.
Smart move by Frusco to flee to Italy. He avoided trial with everyone that got life in prison. I believe he got 20-25yrs which is allot better then life.
JeremyTheJew
Full Patched

Post by JeremyTheJew »

Who is Bruno??

Interesting.to see JCB say that Ray Snr coulda squashed Whitey whenever. I thought one of the reasons Whitey got so powerfull was bc Patriarca Jnr was having leadership problems. That and also Salamne was said to be pretty good friends with Flemmi.
HANG IT UP NICKY. ITS TIME TO GO HOME.
Snakes
Full Patched

Post by Snakes »

JeremyTheJew wrote: Tue Nov 06, 2018 1:20 pm Who is Bruno??

Interesting.to see JCB say that Ray Snr coulda squashed Whitey whenever. I thought one of the reasons Whitey got so powerfull was bc Patriarca Jnr was having leadership problems. That and also Salamne was said to be pretty good friends with Flemmi.
Bruno? Adolfo (Al) Bruno was the former capo in Springfield, MA for the Genoveses.
NJShore4Life
Full Patched

Post by NJShore4Life »

JeremyTheJew
Full Patched

Post by JeremyTheJew »

Snakes wrote: Tue Nov 06, 2018 1:22 pm

Bruno? Adolfo (Al) Bruno was the former capo in Springfield, MA for the Genoveses.
Why did the Genovese contract the hit out to Geas? And is this why Geas was in prison?
HANG IT UP NICKY. ITS TIME TO GO HOME.
dixiemafia
Full Patched

Post by dixiemafia »

JeremyTheJew wrote: Tue Nov 06, 2018 11:17 pm
Snakes wrote: Tue Nov 06, 2018 1:22 pm

Why did the Genovese contract the hit out to Geas? And is this why Geas was in prison?
Ray Sr. could have easily killed Whitey but the thing was, Angiulo wanted Whitey alive since he took on Howie Winter's 250k gambling debt once he got control of Winter Hill. It is true that once Salemme got control of Boston that they were definitely hooked into the club so to speak as yes Salemme/Flemmi were definitely tight and popped a few people over the years together, especially in the 60's I think it was. If you want to know how close they were check out the Salemme trial thread and read Flemmi's testimony against Salemme.

As for Geas, I think Arillota was the one that farmed it out to Geas and then flipped on Geas.
If I didn't have my case coming up, I would like to come back with you gentlemen when this is over with and really lay the law down what is going on in this country.....
moneyman
Sergeant Of Arms

Post by moneyman »

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/articl ... ndoff.html

Interesting tidbit from this article, Bulger briefly describes a few early associates of his. Maybe some of the knowledgeable Boston posters can provide more info.

'Had a crime partner, Ritchie Kelly, way back at a young age, taught me a lot — was drunk and beaten to death.

'Martin Kelly, a legend in Andrew Square, owned bar then Dover Cafe in Rough South End — he was stabbed in back, almost died. Did time in Charlestown State Prison — robbery.

'Billy Kelly, physically big, was on Death Row in Fla. for years in the 70s & 80s & 90s for a murder.'

It was while writing about Billy Kelley — whose name he misspelled — that Bulger abruptly ended his letter.