Buffalo/Ontario Mob Acitivity

Discuss all mafia families in the U.S., Canada, Italy, and everywhere else in the world.

Moderator: Capos

Wiseguy
Filthy Few

Re: Italy: Toronto on brink of mob war

Post by Wiseguy »

Incidentally, NickleCity posted this over on GBB. Appears to be the 2006 chart the FBI made which, according to a 2012 article, showed 23 remaining members. Unfortunately, most of them in the chart have been redacted for various reasons.
57021c6f257caeae50b75b3191fc1085.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
All roads lead to New York.
SILENT PARTNERZ
Full Patched

Post by SILENT PARTNERZ »

Wiseguy wrote: Tue Sep 18, 2018 8:56 am Incidentally, NickleCity posted this over on GBB. Appears to be the 2006 chart the FBI made which, according to a 2012 article, showed 23 remaining members. Unfortunately, most of them in the chart have been redacted for various reasons.

Most of those guys are dead. There's few guys left up there protecting what little or their interests
there is left to protect.
'three can keep a secret, if two are dead'
antimafia
Full Patched

Post by antimafia »

Updated article by CBC News reporter who has been covering the Iavarone murder. A source, Stephen Metelsky, is quoted in the story as saying that Iavarone is connected to the Musitanos.

Iavarone family not speaking with police and want to be 'left in peace'

https://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/hamilton ... -1.4827936.
Frank
Full Patched

Post by Frank »

It's still unclear to me, even back when Buffalo was active, the relationship between the various groups in Canada and the American LCN. So what I get out of this is this latest hit was by the Musitanos, getting reveange for Angelo's murder. The Musitanos we're owed money by a group backed by a U.S. LCN Family. The Musitanos tried muscleing in on this group, and pissed off either the left over Buffalo guys or another New York crime family.
NickleCity
Full Patched

Post by NickleCity »

Frank wrote: Tue Sep 18, 2018 11:10 am It's still unclear to me, even back when Buffalo was active, the relationship between the various groups in Canada and the American LCN. So what I get out of this is this latest hit was by the Musitanos, getting reveange for Angelo's murder. The Musitanos we're owed money by a group backed by a U.S. LCN Family. The Musitanos tried muscleing in on this group, and pissed off either the left over Buffalo guys or another New York crime family.
I thought the Musitanos were behind it too, until AntiMafia posted and article indicating the victim was associated with the Musitano Family. If that is the case looks like the rival group is set on eliminating the Mustinos from the equation.
NickleCity
Full Patched

Post by NickleCity »

Wiseguy wrote: Tue Sep 18, 2018 8:56 am Incidentally, NickleCity posted this over on GBB. Appears to be the 2006 chart the FBI made which, according to a 2012 article, showed 23 remaining members. Unfortunately, most of them in the chart have been redacted for various reasons.

The redactions are because these members were still alive a month ago when the feds were responding to my FIOA request for this particular 2006 chart.
Frank
Full Patched

Post by Frank »

NickleCity wrote: Tue Sep 18, 2018 11:33 am
Frank wrote: Tue Sep 18, 2018 11:10 am It's still unclear to me, even back when Buffalo was active, the relationship between the various groups in Canada and the American LCN. So what I get out of this is this latest hit was by the Musitanos, getting reveange for Angelo's murder. The Musitanos we're owed money by a group backed by a U.S. LCN Family. The Musitanos tried muscleing in on this group, and pissed off either the left over Buffalo guys or another New York crime family.
I thought the Musitanos were behind it too, until AntiMafia posted and article indicating the victim was associated with the Musitano Family. If that is the case looks like the rival group is set on eliminating the Mustinos from the equation.
Yes now they changed who the victim was associated with. I think we need to wait and see what is what.
CabriniGreen
Full Patched

Post by CabriniGreen »

I'm taking a wait and see approach, I dont wanna jump out the window....

If there is one more indictment, and they mention Buffalo, I hope they explain what the connections a little better...
antimafia
Full Patched

Post by antimafia »

Hamilton cops release image of vehicle in suspected gangland hit

https://torontosun.com/news/local-news/ ... gland-hit/
Lupara
Full Patched

Re: RE: Re: Italy: Toronto on brink of mob war

Post by Lupara »

SILENT PARTNERZ wrote:Between the CI's and electronic eavesdropping, LE quoted in this article
knows the story of this situation. They are telling just enough to let us know this fact.
I always find it peculiar that the Canadian LE apparantly knows so much and shares so much with the public and yet there are most often no arrests. You don't see this happening in the US with LE having very tight lips and mostly giving some tidbits through indictments at best and then we have to wait for a decennium or two to get some more through a book.
Lupara
Full Patched

Post by Lupara »

SonnyBlackstein wrote:
CabriniGreen wrote: Tue Sep 18, 2018 7:29 am I dont wanna start nothing silly, but some guys do seem to take it......almost ........PERSONAL? I dont get the reactions at all....
Who’s taking anything personal?

I simply think Buffalo existing as a powerful family exerting control over southern Ontario flies so contrary to the known facts it can aptly be characterized as Bullshit.

Nothing Personal about it.
Most logical explanation is that whatever is left of the old Buffalo mob is now active in Southern Ontario still operating under the LCN flag but with strong ties to the 'ndrangheta families.
johnny_scootch
Full Patched

Post by johnny_scootch »

Lupara wrote: Tue Sep 18, 2018 3:15 pm

Most logical explanation is that whatever is left of the old Buffalo mob is now active in Southern Ontario still operating under the LCN flag but with strong ties to the 'ndrangheta families.
Do we know for sure if the Luppino's were part of the Buffalo family or just very close associates? It could be they are the faction the Buffalo family has sided with as referenced in the article.
antimafia
Full Patched

Post by antimafia »

Interesting tweet by crime reporter Jeremy Grimaldi, based north of Toronto in York Region, and an even more interesting reply by private investigator Derrick Snowdy, whose tweets and images I started posting last November in relation to Projetc OTremens (specifically the arrest of Domenico and Giuseppe Violi).

https://twitter.com/Journo_Jez/status/1 ... 3080338432

Jeremy Grimaldi @Journo_Jez
Is murder of #Ancaster's Al Iavarone linked to #Woodbridge murder of Mila Barberi? - https://bit.ly/2QFrf2o @YRP
1:27 PM - Sep 18, 2018

Derrick Snowdy @jdsnowdy
Yes, it’s also linked to 3 other killings at least. It’s understood that the shooters are being brought in from an island country via Montreal.
1:32 PM - Sep 18, 2018
SonnyBlackstein
Filthy Few

Post by SonnyBlackstein »

johnny_scootch wrote: Tue Sep 18, 2018 7:25 am
SonnyBlackstein wrote: Mon Sep 17, 2018 8:41 pm
All except the Buffalo BS.
Sonny why do you call bullshit?

They are quoting an undercover officer who worked Hamilton organized crime and Peter Edwards is a respectable journalist.
If it was bullshit it would mean both of them are blatantly lying in this article.

To me it's just further proof that whatever the state of the Buffalo family may be one thing it isn't is dead.
Im not saying they're lying.

First we had Lavarone was an associate of those that hit the Musitanos. Now we have information he's apparently associated WITH the Musitano's.

To say that there is misinformation, a lack of understanding or clarity or even outright ignorance, is clearly, an understatement. So pointing fingers at 'Buffalo', in my opinion, at this stage of the game, with this understanding of the facts, is a mistake.
Don't give me your f***ing Manson lamps.
NickleCity
Full Patched

Post by NickleCity »

SonnyBlackstein wrote: Tue Sep 18, 2018 4:23 pm
johnny_scootch wrote: Tue Sep 18, 2018 7:25 am
SonnyBlackstein wrote: Mon Sep 17, 2018 8:41 pm
All except the Buffalo BS.
Sonny why do you call bullshit?

They are quoting an undercover officer who worked Hamilton organized crime and Peter Edwards is a respectable journalist.
If it was bullshit it would mean both of them are blatantly lying in this article.

To me it's just further proof that whatever the state of the Buffalo family may be one thing it isn't is dead.
Im not saying they're lying.

First we had Lavarone was an associate of those that hit the Musitanos. Now we have information he's apparently associated WITH the Musitano's.

To say that there is misinformation, a lack of understanding or clarity or even outright ignorance, is clearly, an understatement. So pointing fingers at 'Buffalo', in my opinion, at this stage of the game, with this understanding of the facts, is a mistake.
I understand your wanting to use caution before saying Buffalo is active and behind this, but Pete Edwards makes his position very clear. On his blog he writes:
The Buffalo mob isn’t dead, despite some media reports. And they’re playing a role in an ongoing dispute that includes the murder last week of a Hamilton real estate agent. Things will be worse before they get better, as murder of Angelo Musitano drives one side in dispute to clean house.
. Here is the link: https://peteredwardsauthor.com/2018/09/ ... n-dispute/