General Mob Questions

Discuss all mafia families in the U.S., Canada, Italy, and everywhere else in the world.

Moderator: Capos

Ivan
Full Patched

Re: RE: Re: boss material

Post by Ivan »

phatmatress777 wrote: Wed Sep 12, 2018 9:49 pm Same here...even when I was on heroin I kept my posts non fantansy...let's not blame substances just admit it hi my name is super and I made a bullshit thread I'll work on it
Heh, I was just fucking with the guy, but yeah.

I have posted weird stuff in the past while wacked out on kratom... usually just strange attempts at humor, like that thing a few years back when I went off about how someone needed to make a musical about Scarfo. My current avatar was also drug-fueled (it isn't something I would make while sober).

But no, even at my worst I never started a thread like this. :mrgreen:
EYYYY ALL YOU CHOOCHES OUT THERE IT'S THE KID
phatmatress777
Full Patched

Re: RE: Re: RE: Re: boss material

Post by phatmatress777 »

Ivan wrote:
phatmatress777 wrote: Wed Sep 12, 2018 9:49 pm Same here...even when I was on heroin I kept my posts non fantansy...let's not blame substances just admit it hi my name is super and I made a bullshit thread I'll work on it
Heh, I was just fucking with the guy, but yeah.

I have posted weird stuff in the past while wacked out on kratom... usually just strange attempts at humor, like that thing a few years back when I went off about how someone needed to make a musical about Scarfo. My current avatar was also drug-fueled (it isn't something I would make while sober).

But no, even at my worst I never started a thread like this. :mrgreen:
Im just fuckin with the dude myself...hope he gets used to bustin balls...

Sent from my LGL158VL using Tapatalk

Benito
Straightened out

Re: General Mob Questions

Post by Benito »

I’ve wondered this for some time. Can someone give me an extensive list of Mob schemed & scams.

I’m aware of the bread and butter schemes. Such as:

Loansharking,
Bookmaking,
Gambling,
Hijacking,
Burglary,

Etc. What else is there? Anybody got any complex ones?
slimshady_007
Full Patched

Post by slimshady_007 »

Bennyxo wrote: Thu Sep 13, 2018 5:55 am I’ve wondered this for some time. Can someone give me an extensive list of Mob schemed & scams.

Loansharking,
Bookmaking,
Gambling,
Hijacking,
Burglary,

U forgot drugs and extorting companies and small businesses.
Wise men listen and laugh, while fools talk.
SILENT PARTNERZ
Full Patched

Post by SILENT PARTNERZ »

Bennyxo wrote: Thu Sep 13, 2018 5:55 am I’ve wondered this for some time. Can someone give me an extensive list of Mob schemed & scams.

Loansharking,
Bookmaking,
Gambling,
Hijacking,
Burglary,

Stock pump and dump
long distance credit card fraud
medicare fraud
bust out schemes
protection/extorion
labor unions is a big one-
construction
garbage
ports/waterfront
garment center
'three can keep a secret, if two are dead'
Benito
Straightened out

Post by Benito »

SILENT PARTNERZ wrote: Thu Sep 13, 2018 6:46 am

Loansharking,
Bookmaking,
Gambling,
Hijacking,
Burglary,

Stock pump and dump
medicare fraud
bust out schemes
protection/extorion
construction
garbage
ports/waterfront
garment center
Nice.
givememysocks
Sergeant Of Arms

Post by givememysocks »

Bennyxo wrote: Thu Sep 13, 2018 5:26 pm

Loansharking,
Bookmaking,
Gambling,
Hijacking,
Burglary,

Stock pump and dump
medicare fraud
bust out schemes
protection/extorion
construction
garbage
ports/waterfront
garment center
Nice.
Illegal dumping is also a very lucrative racket. In d'arcos book he mentions a dump making around 100k a week for letting companys dump hazardous waste illegally. The ndrangheta have made millions dumping nuclear waste off the coast of Somalia as well.
Benito
Straightened out

Post by Benito »

givememysocks wrote: Fri Sep 14, 2018 7:59 pm
Bennyxo wrote: Thu Sep 13, 2018 5:26 pm

Loansharking,
Bookmaking,
Gambling,
Hijacking,
Burglary,

Stock pump and dump
medicare fraud
bust out schemes
protection/extorion
construction
garbage
ports/waterfront
garment center
Nice.
Illegal dumping is also a very lucrative racket. In d'arcos book he mentions a dump making around 100k a week for letting companys dump hazardous waste illegally. The ndrangheta have made millions dumping nuclear waste off the coast of Somalia as well.
Interesting. What sort of money do the Mob make from garbage disposal. Like, what sort of schemes / deals. How does it work.
givememysocks
Sergeant Of Arms

Post by givememysocks »

Bennyxo wrote: Thu Sep 13, 2018 5:55 am Interesting. What sort of money do the Mob make from garbage disposal. Like, what sort of schemes / deals. How does it work.
The economics of it are pretty simple. In the construction industry there are huge ammounts of waste produced, some of which can be toxic like lead paint and asbestos. Proper disposal of waste like this can be very expensive. The mob simply takes the waste and dumps it into a river or empty plot of land and pockets the money it would have cost to dump it legally. I dont think there have been many recent cases involving the american mafia but the ndrangheta are still active in dumping. Here are a few articles on the subject.

https://www.independent.co.uk/news/worl ... 94236.html

https://www.nj.com/politics/index.ssf/2 ... _says.html
Benito
Straightened out

Post by Benito »

givememysocks wrote: Sat Sep 15, 2018 12:18 pm
Bennyxo wrote: Thu Sep 13, 2018 5:55 am Interesting. What sort of money do the Mob make from garbage disposal. Like, what sort of schemes / deals. How does it work.
The economics of it are pretty simple. In the construction industry there are huge ammounts of waste produced, some of which can be toxic like lead paint and asbestos. Proper disposal of waste like this can be very expensive. The mob simply takes the waste and dumps it into a river or empty plot of land and pockets the money it would have cost to dump it legally. I dont think there have been many recent cases involving the american mafia but the ndrangheta are still active in dumping. Here are a few articles on the subject.

Thanks man, appreciate it. Got any other ways they make money? Whether that be garbage disposal or Construction? Like schemes
DPG
Sergeant Of Arms

Post by DPG »

Bennyxo wrote: Sat Sep 15, 2018 2:59 pm

Thanks man, appreciate it. Got any other ways they make money? Whether that be garbage disposal or Construction? Like schemes
I'd suggest that you read indictments and FBI files. They are both full of what your looking for.
I get it....first rule of fight club.
Wiseguy
Filthy Few

Post by Wiseguy »

Bennyxo wrote: Sat Sep 15, 2018 2:59 pm

With construction you have sweetheart deals where a mob-connected union will allow contractors to use cheaper non-union labor in return for bribes and no-show jobs. There's also kickbacks for rigged bids. Padding construction costs. And so on.

With garbage the mob has always tried to enforce illegal territorial rights in order to have as much monopoly as possible. But their control is vastly diminished compared to what it was 20+ years ago so, while there is still involvement, you see more activity in trucking for construction and demolition debris.
All roads lead to New York.
BillyBrizzi
Straightened out

Post by BillyBrizzi »

Wiseguy wrote: Sat Sep 15, 2018 7:21 pm With garbage the mob has always tried to enforce illegal territorial rights in order to have as much monopoly as possible. But their control is vastly diminished compared to what it was 20+ years ago so..
Hey, garbage is our bread and butter!!
FORTIS FORTUNA IUVAT
Wiseguy
Filthy Few

Post by Wiseguy »

BillyBrizzi wrote: Sat Sep 15, 2018 7:51 pm
Wiseguy wrote: Sat Sep 15, 2018 7:21 pm With garbage the mob has always tried to enforce illegal territorial rights in order to have as much monopoly as possible. But their control is vastly diminished compared to what it was 20+ years ago so..
Hey, garbage is our bread and butter!!
"Was."
All roads lead to New York.
gohnjotti
Full Patched

Post by gohnjotti »

The 'coffee boy' union scam is still going as of March 2018 - (https://nypost.com/2018/03/05/union-wor ... ffee-suit/). If the mob still has the same control over the scam as they did in 2011, then they would be making $250 from each job site run by Local 6A of the Cement and Concrete Workers Union (http://www.nydailynews.com/news/crime/c ... e-1.148256).
I don't know dick about dick.

http://thecolombomafia.com