Genovese Administration 1970s

Discuss all mafia families in the U.S., Canada, Italy, and everywhere else in the world.

Moderator: Capos

Frank
Full Patched

Re: Genovese Administration 1970s

Post by Frank »

I know it looks like it has been proven false, but in Sheeran's book didn't he say Salerno was in the administration in the 72 to 76 time period?? I know it's hard to know fact from fiction in his book
Pogo The Clown
Men Of Mayhem

Post by Pogo The Clown »

Plus of course we have the insighs of a real life made member who once graced the forums.

never published before........,when catena became boss in march 69,the actual underboss was pete la placa from lodi n.j. the acting consiglieri was tommy pecora[murphy].let them write what they want, that was the set up. after eboli went down carlo sent word through charlie costangino that gerry should step down, gerry agreed and said he wanted funzi, plus jack panels as the under as gyp was dying, jack died in a botched surgery. after that funzi put in fat tony and it stayed that way until 81. there was no consigliere. catena retired and he wanted andy gerard to become boss, but andy got caught up in a big case. there you have it, never printed before.
It's a new morning in America... fresh, vital. The old cynicism is gone. We have faith in our leaders. We're optimistic as to what becomes of it all. It really boils down to our ability to accept. We don't need pessimism. There are no limits.
chin_gigante
Full Patched

Post by chin_gigante »

Dom Alongi is listed as both capo and consigliere in the FBI deadlist

https://www.governmentattic.org/5docs/F ... e_2011.pdf
'You don't go crucifying people outside a church; not on Good Friday.'
Frank
Full Patched

Post by Frank »

Pogo The Clown wrote: Sun Aug 26, 2018 12:16 pm Plus of course we have the insighs of a real life made member who once graced the forums.

never published before........,when catena became boss in march 69,the actual underboss was pete la placa from lodi n.j. the acting consiglieri was tommy pecora[murphy].let them write what they want, that was the set up. after eboli went down carlo sent word through charlie costangino that gerry should step down, gerry agreed and said he wanted funzi, plus jack panels as the under as gyp was dying, jack died in a botched surgery. after that funzi put in fat tony and it stayed that way until 81. there was no consigliere. catena retired and he wanted andy gerard to become boss, but andy got caught up in a big case. there you have it, never printed before.
Yes that is very interesting and makes the whole thing alot less complicated. Who was Jack Panels?? So according to this guy a made member it went Panel to Salerno and no consigliere. Tieri was boss. Eboli was acting for Catena. Was La Place acting for Eboli? as underboss.
chin_gigante
Full Patched

Post by chin_gigante »

Pogo The Clown wrote: Sun Aug 26, 2018 12:16 pm Plus of course we have the insighs of a real life made member who once graced the forums.

Do we know who this guy was or when he was active? Thanks
chin_gigante
Full Patched

Post by chin_gigante »

HairyKnuckles wrote: Sun Aug 26, 2018 11:41 am I have Dom Alongi´s file. There is no mention of him being consigliere in there. And when he died in 1980. the FBI listed him as a former captain, not as a former consigliere. I think Gravano misremembered or got stuff mixed up. Alongi was part of a ruling panel in 1976 and that´s how far up he went, according to available sources.
Out of curiosity, which files do you have access to?
The Greek
Straightened out

Post by The Greek »

chin_gigante wrote: Sun Aug 26, 2018 12:58 pm

Pogo is making a joke. The post was from Steve Lenehan on the Real Deal Forum. He used to post as Picasso and A.T.I.T. Another poster named Thom Jones(I think) bought his story that he was a made Genovese guy.
chin_gigante
Full Patched

Post by chin_gigante »

The Greek wrote: Sun Aug 26, 2018 5:44 pm Pogo is making a joke. The post was from Steve Lenehan on the Real Deal Forum. He used to post as Picasso and A.T.I.T. Another poster named Thom Jones(I think) bought his story that he was a made Genovese guy.
Thanks. I was unsure. Whenever pogo says anything about LCN I pay attention
HairyKnuckles
Full Patched

Post by HairyKnuckles »

chin_gigante wrote: Sun Aug 26, 2018 12:37 pm Dom Alongi is listed as both capo and consigliere in the FBI deadlist

https://www.governmentattic.org/5docs/F ... e_2011.pdf
That´s confusing. But many of the entries on that list have their ranks incorrectly listed. But who knows...Tony Salerno was indicted and inprisoned in 1978 and off the streets. It´s possible Alongi served as the acting consigliere at the time but there is no mention of this in his file. I remember that at this stage of his life, he was suffering from bad health and was basically retired. I will have to go back and read what´s in there as soon as I find time for it.
Lol

I get the feeling that Lenehan (Pic) was the greatest fan of the gangsters operating in his area (NJ). His enthusiasm for praising some of these guys was limitless.
chin_gigante wrote: Sun Aug 26, 2018 1:24 pm
HairyKnuckles wrote: Sun Aug 26, 2018 11:41 am I have Dom Alongi´s file. There is no mention of him being consigliere in there. And when he died in 1980. the FBI listed him as a former captain, not as a former consigliere. I think Gravano misremembered or got stuff mixed up. Alongi was part of a ruling panel in 1976 and that´s how far up he went, according to available sources.
Out of curiosity, which files do you have access to?
I have a small collection. Still waiting for a couple of more to arrive. Matty Ianniello´s file for example, is the most interesting I think. That one could shed some more light on the Genovese leadership.
There you have it, never printed before.
SonnyBlackstein
Filthy Few

Post by SonnyBlackstein »

HK: would be fantastic if you could share Iannelo’s file or points of interest within.
Don't give me your f***ing Manson lamps.
HairyKnuckles
Full Patched

Post by HairyKnuckles »

SonnyBlackstein wrote: Mon Aug 27, 2018 6:28 am HK: would be fantastic if you could share Iannelo’s file or points of interest within.
I plan to do that.
There you have it, never printed before.
SILENT PARTNERZ
Full Patched

Post by SILENT PARTNERZ »

PIC was so far out in left field on this one.
He was the ultimate NJ fanboy. According to
him, the entire Genoevese Family is run by the NJ
faction. Okaaaaaay...
'three can keep a secret, if two are dead'
SILENT PARTNERZ
Full Patched

Post by SILENT PARTNERZ »

The Greek wrote: Sun Aug 26, 2018 5:44 pm
chin_gigante wrote: Sun Aug 26, 2018 12:58 pm

Pogo is making a joke. The post was from Steve Lenehan on the Real Deal Forum. He used to post as Picasso and A.T.I.T. Another poster named Thom Jones(I think) bought his story that he was a made Genovese guy.
Thom Jones swore that PIC was NOT Lenehan, and that Thom knew the real
identity of Pic. Thom stated that he would let us know who the real Pic
was once Pic died. Well Thom? "Will the the real Pic please stand up."
'three can keep a secret, if two are dead'
Pogo The Clown
Men Of Mayhem

Post by Pogo The Clown »

Yeah guys my post was tongue in cheek. Lenehan had the forums believing he was a Genovese made member for like 15 years. :lol:

Pogo
Last edited by Pogo The Clown on Mon Aug 27, 2018 9:56 am, edited 1 time in total.
It's a new morning in America... fresh, vital. The old cynicism is gone. We have faith in our leaders. We're optimistic as to what becomes of it all. It really boils down to our ability to accept. We don't need pessimism. There are no limits.
Frank
Full Patched

Post by Frank »

Pogo The Clown wrote: Mon Aug 27, 2018 8:17 am Yeah my guys my post was tongue in cheek. Lenehan had the forums believing he was Genovese made member for like 15 years. :lol:

Pogo
Lol