Bonanno crime family associate shot near his Bronx home

Discuss all mafia families in the U.S., Canada, Italy, and everywhere else in the world.

Moderator: Capos

Fughedaboutit
Full Patched

Re: Bonanno crime family associate shot near his Bronx home

Post by Fughedaboutit »

MoLarryCurly wrote: Thu Jul 12, 2018 5:54 pm I never said it was a message for him. You do forget that one of his sons is badged, maybe the kid acts entitled and believes since his dads who he was he don’t have to listen to certain people. I never said it was a message but anything’s possible
You did say maybe it was a message for Vinny, what are you talking about?

:lol:
"I wanna hear some noise." "Tell Salvie to clean the boat, the whole boat top to bottom" -Nicodemo "Nicky" Scarfo Sr"
Fughedaboutit
Full Patched

Post by Fughedaboutit »

MoLarryCurly wrote: Thu Jul 12, 2018 10:24 am
HairyKnuckles wrote: Thu Jul 12, 2018 5:00 am I think we wish that these two attempted hits could be a starting of a war. It´s more juicier and it would keep us occupied observing and speculating. However, a mob war typically doesn´t start this way. Usually the first targets in a Mafia war are the ones higher up, not mere associates. That´s how the Castellammarese war started, and the Bananas war started and the Colombo wars started. And if this is about a power struggle, then why start with hitting two low ranking associates? It´s not like two mere associates would be a threat to those in power. When a boss feels threatend, he will hit guys were the threat is coming from. My guess is that the father (I have not read the article on his stabbing, can´t open it) pissed off some guys which resulted in violance. We don´t know who these guys are yet, could be members of the Mafia, could be ordinary street gangs, and that the son cried out for revenge but was hit himself. We´ve seen this in other examples before when it comes to the Mafia. If no further information comes out and changes what I think happened here, that would be my guess.

Just because the guys labeled a low associate doesn’t mean he is. Or even if he is a associate If he was maintaining vinnys machines, maybe hitting him and his sons a message to Vinny. Their could be a million things that this could be over. Only time will tell
Bolded it for ya....
"I wanna hear some noise." "Tell Salvie to clean the boat, the whole boat top to bottom" -Nicodemo "Nicky" Scarfo Sr"
joeycigars
Sergeant Of Arms

Post by joeycigars »

Heard it was a money dispute that the old man wont pay , Came from a Family member of Sally
NYNighthawk
Sergeant Of Arms

Post by NYNighthawk »

I knew Vinny Basciano when he was out in the street in the Bronx. For all his beliefs in this thing of ours - he was one hell of a hard worker. I saw him making sandwiches in his Subway store one day. I asked him what the hell he was doing and he told me a worker banged out and he came in to help out. He worked his video store checking out movies when he had a Blockbuster franchise. Never mind his physical work on the construction sites with his company - the guy was a worker and everyone who knew him back in the day agreed that if had ever gone legit he would have been very successful. This thing he had going with Zottola with the joker poker machines was small potatoes. Those three houses in Locust Point on Tierney Place have to be worth over 10 million combined. I wasn't familiar with the Zottola's since they are only associates but does anyone know where they claim their legitimate income for the IRS from? Joker poker payouts don't pay for those houses and the upkeep.
Rocco
Full Patched

Post by Rocco »

I have to assume that someone wanted a piece of D-A-Z Amusement Industries and they didn't want to pay up? Maybe their juice left when Vinny went away and other people came with their hands out? Sounds like a repeat of Greyhound Electronics and the Storino's at the Jersey Shore back in the early 80s. They were with Philly. Bruno gets whacked then NY comes knocking for a piece of the pie...
Adam
Sergeant Of Arms

Post by Adam »

willychichi wrote: Fri Jul 13, 2018 2:57 am Video shows attempted hit, look like a black guy doing the shooting and the car has Jersey plates

https://nypost.com/2018/07/12/shocking- ... associate/

Reputed Bronx mobster survives botched hit by masked gunmen

http://www.nydailynews.com/new-york/nyc ... story.html
Not sure how you can identify the shooter as black or not.
willychichi
Full Patched

Post by willychichi »

Obama's a pimp he coulda never outfought Trump, but I didn't know it till this day that it was Putin all along.
B.
Men Of Mayhem

Post by B. »

Wiseguy wrote: Thu Jul 12, 2018 3:02 pm
B. wrote: Thu Jul 12, 2018 1:25 pm All speculation aside, a significant amount of the serious mob violence (i.e. murders and attempted murders) in NYC since 1999 has been associated with Bonanno members/associates in the Bronx one way or another.
Here's what I have for the Bonannos since that time -

March 1999 - Bonanno captain Gerlando "George from Canada" Sciascia shot and killed in the Bronx.

February 2001 - Bonanno associate Frank Santoro shot and killed in the Bronx.

December 2004 - Bonanno associate Rudolph Pizzolo shot and killed in Brooklyn.

April 2005 - Bonanno associate Robert McKelvey strangled and drowned in Staten Island.

July 2008 - Bonanno associate Frank Fresca shot and killed in Staten Island.

July 2009 - Bonanno soldier Anthony Seccifico shot and killed in Staten Island.

November 2011 - Former Bonanno acting boss Salvatore "Sal the Iron Worker" Montagna shot and killed in Canada.

May 2013 - Bonanno soldier Enzo "The Baker" Stagno shot and wounded in Manhattan.

July 2018 - Bonanno associate Salvatore “Sally Daz” Zottola shot and wounded in the Bronx.
Pizzolo was killed by Bronx-based members; Seccafico was a member of the Bronx crew, and Montagna from the same crew was acting boss at the time so likely involved in the conspiracy; Stagno said to be associated with the Bronx crew. Not sure on Fresca and McKelvey, but the majority of these in some way are connected to the Bonannos in the Bronx..
NYNighthawk
Sergeant Of Arms

Post by NYNighthawk »

Whoever the shooter was - he phucked up big time. He will get hit shortly to silence him.
MichaelGiovanni
Straightened out

Post by MichaelGiovanni »

The driver fucked up the hit as much as anybody. If he would have stopped when the car was right beside the van the shooter could have unloaded into him at just feet away. The victim dropped when the car came right up beside the van but the driver kept going and then stopped and started again before the guy got out and ran to him. Made it much harder for the shooter for sure.

Easier said than done obviously looking at it on video.
Nice rug ya got here kid...it’d be great for a craps game
NYNighthawk
Sergeant Of Arms

Post by NYNighthawk »

Then I will amend my previous post to reflect that both the driver and shooter phucked up and will both be silenced very shortly!
slimshady_007
Full Patched

Post by slimshady_007 »

B. wrote: Fri Jul 13, 2018 10:51 am
B. wrote: Thu Jul 12, 2018 1:25 pm All speculation aside, a significant amount of the serious mob violence (i.e. murders and attempted murders) in NYC since 1999 has been associated with Bonanno members/associates in the Bronx one way or another.

March 1999 - Bonanno captain Gerlando "George from Canada" Sciascia shot and killed in the Bronx.

April 2005 - Bonanno associate Robert McKelvey strangled and drowned in Staten Island.

November 2011 - Former Bonanno acting boss Salvatore "Sal the Iron Worker" Montagna shot and killed in Canada.

May 2013 - Bonanno soldier Enzo "The Baker" Stagno shot and wounded in Manhattan.

July 2018 - Bonanno associate Salvatore “Sally Daz” Zottola shot and wounded in the Bronx.
Pizzolo was killed by Bronx-based members; Seccafico was a member of the Bronx crew, and Montagna from the same crew was acting boss at the time so likely involved in the conspiracy; Stagno said to be associated with the Bronx crew. Not sure on Fresca and McKelvey, but the majority of these in some way are connected to the Bonannos in the Bronx..
Idk if the bronx whacked seccafico. Montagna was not acting boss at the time of seccafico’s murder. He had just been sent to Canada shortly before the hit.
Wise men listen and laugh, while fools talk.
chubby
Sergeant Of Arms

Post by chubby »

Man just saw that video on Instagram holy shit he is lucky and smart he hit the stop drop and roll... he was meant to be dead for sure. Looks like guy emptied the mag.
Lupara
Full Patched

Post by Lupara »

The shooter didn't seem very experienced. He was clearly full of adrenaline because he ran away immediately after firing a few shots. The victim was lying on the ground in front of him and he didn't even check whether he actually killed him.
Cheech
Full Patched

Post by Cheech »

slimshady_007 wrote: Fri Jul 13, 2018 3:37 pm
B. wrote: Fri Jul 13, 2018 10:51 am

Idk if the bronx whacked seccafico. Montagna was not acting boss at the time of seccafico’s murder. He had just been sent to Canada shortly before the hit.
johnny joe rumored to be responsible. hes bronx based.