Bonanno crime family associate shot near his Bronx home

Discuss all mafia families in the U.S., Canada, Italy, and everywhere else in the world.

Moderator: Capos

HairyKnuckles
Full Patched

Re: Bonanno crime family associate shot near his Bronx home

Post by HairyKnuckles »

I think we wish that these two attempted hits could be a starting of a war. It´s more juicier and it would keep us occupied observing and speculating. However, a mob war typically doesn´t start this way. Usually the first targets in a Mafia war are the ones higher up, not mere associates. That´s how the Castellammarese war started, and the Bananas war started and the Colombo wars started. And if this is about a power struggle, then why start with hitting two low ranking associates? It´s not like two mere associates would be a threat to those in power. When a boss feels threatend, he will hit guys were the threat is coming from. My guess is that the father (I have not read the article on his stabbing, can´t open it) pissed off some guys which resulted in violance. We don´t know who these guys are yet, could be members of the Mafia, could be ordinary street gangs, and that the son cried out for revenge but was hit himself. We´ve seen this in other examples before when it comes to the Mafia. If no further information comes out and changes what I think happened here, that would be my guess.
There you have it, never printed before.
Villain
Filthy Few

Post by Villain »

HairyKnuckles wrote: Thu Jul 12, 2018 5:00 am I think we wish that these two attempted hits could be a starting of a war. It´s more juicier and it would keep us occupied observing and speculating. However, a mob war typically doesn´t start this way. Usually the first targets in a Mafia war are the ones higher up, not mere associates. That´s how the Castellammarese war started, and the Bananas war started and the Colombo wars started. And if this is about a power struggle, then why start with hitting two low ranking associates?
Nicely said but who knows maybe its a "dumb" move by first removing their main operators...just sayin since ive seen some similar examples in history
Do not be deceived, neither the sexually immoral, nor idolaters, nor adulterers, nor men who practice homosexuality, nor thieves, nor the greedy, nor drunkards, nor revilers, nor swindlers will inherit the kingdom of God - Corinthians 6:9-10
HairyKnuckles
Full Patched

Post by HairyKnuckles »

Villain wrote: Thu Jul 12, 2018 5:45 am
HairyKnuckles wrote: Thu Jul 12, 2018 5:00 am I think we wish that these two attempted hits could be a starting of a war. It´s more juicier and it would keep us occupied observing and speculating. However, a mob war typically doesn´t start this way. Usually the first targets in a Mafia war are the ones higher up, not mere associates. That´s how the Castellammarese war started, and the Bananas war started and the Colombo wars started. And if this is about a power struggle, then why start with hitting two low ranking associates?
Nicely said but who knows maybe its a "dumb" move by first removing their main operators...just sayin since ive seen some similar examples in history
These guys are no rocket scientists but obviously they´re not dumb either. They probably have more street smarts than you and me and everybody else here combined. They survived the streets for 10, 20, 30, 40 years or more because that´s what they know and that´s what they were taught. Mancuso didn´t rise to the top by being dumb. The examples in history you´ve seen were probably an isolated incident (a killing) that escalated into a war and not a calculated move to win a war. When two factions are at war with eachother, they look to hit the top guys. A tail can not prevail if the head is cut off. In this day and age, the Mafia bosses are not looking to go to war with eachother.
There you have it, never printed before.
JohnnyS
Full Patched

Post by JohnnyS »

No one's going to the mattresses this day and age.
Pogo The Clown
Men Of Mayhem

Post by Pogo The Clown »

There hasn't been a war since the Colombo thing.

Pogo
It's a new morning in America... fresh, vital. The old cynicism is gone. We have faith in our leaders. We're optimistic as to what becomes of it all. It really boils down to our ability to accept. We don't need pessimism. There are no limits.
MoLarryCurly
Straightened out

Post by MoLarryCurly »

HairyKnuckles wrote: Thu Jul 12, 2018 5:00 am I think we wish that these two attempted hits could be a starting of a war. It´s more juicier and it would keep us occupied observing and speculating. However, a mob war typically doesn´t start this way. Usually the first targets in a Mafia war are the ones higher up, not mere associates. That´s how the Castellammarese war started, and the Bananas war started and the Colombo wars started. And if this is about a power struggle, then why start with hitting two low ranking associates? It´s not like two mere associates would be a threat to those in power. When a boss feels threatend, he will hit guys were the threat is coming from. My guess is that the father (I have not read the article on his stabbing, can´t open it) pissed off some guys which resulted in violance. We don´t know who these guys are yet, could be members of the Mafia, could be ordinary street gangs, and that the son cried out for revenge but was hit himself. We´ve seen this in other examples before when it comes to the Mafia. If no further information comes out and changes what I think happened here, that would be my guess.

Just because the guys labeled a low associate doesn’t mean he is. Or even if he is a associate If he was maintaining vinnys machines, maybe hitting him and his sons a message to Vinny. Their could be a million things that this could be over. Only time will tell
You know I could have worked for U P fucking S and made more money then this....
jmack
Straightened out

Post by jmack »

JohnnyS wrote: Thu Jul 12, 2018 7:03 am No one's going to the mattresses this day and age.
I got a top of the line posturepedic in my house.
B.
Men Of Mayhem

Post by B. »

All speculation aside, a significant amount of the serious mob violence (i.e. murders and attempted murders) in NYC since 1999 has been associated with Bonanno members/associates in the Bronx one way or another.
Wiseguy
Filthy Few

Post by Wiseguy »

B. wrote: Thu Jul 12, 2018 1:25 pm All speculation aside, a significant amount of the serious mob violence (i.e. murders and attempted murders) in NYC since 1999 has been associated with Bonanno members/associates in the Bronx one way or another.
Here's what I have for the Bonannos since that time -

March 1999 - Bonanno captain Gerlando "George from Canada" Sciascia shot and killed in the Bronx.

February 2001 - Bonanno associate Frank Santoro shot and killed in the Bronx.

December 2004 - Bonanno associate Rudolph Pizzolo shot and killed in Brooklyn.

April 2005 - Bonanno associate Robert McKelvey strangled and drowned in Staten Island.

July 2008 - Bonanno associate Frank Fresca shot and killed in Staten Island.

July 2009 - Bonanno soldier Anthony Seccifico shot and killed in Staten Island.

November 2011 - Former Bonanno acting boss Salvatore "Sal the Iron Worker" Montagna shot and killed in Canada.

May 2013 - Bonanno soldier Enzo "The Baker" Stagno shot and wounded in Manhattan.

July 2018 - Bonanno associate Salvatore “Sally Daz” Zottola shot and wounded in the Bronx.
All roads lead to New York.
NYNighthawk
Sergeant Of Arms

Post by NYNighthawk »

Basciano is never coming out of the can so I find it hard to believe this shooting was a message to him - for what reason?
Frank
Full Patched

Post by Frank »

NYNighthawk wrote: Thu Jul 12, 2018 3:26 pm Basciano is never coming out of the can so I find it hard to believe this shooting was a message to him - for what reason?
On the surface I agree with you, but with Barney the only official boss on the streets in NY, it makes me wonder a little bit if he at some point was official boss.
Wiseguy
Filthy Few

Post by Wiseguy »

Frank wrote: Thu Jul 12, 2018 3:49 pm
NYNighthawk wrote: Thu Jul 12, 2018 3:26 pm Basciano is never coming out of the can so I find it hard to believe this shooting was a message to him - for what reason?
On the surface I agree with you, but with Barney the only official boss on the streets in NY, it makes me wonder a little bit if he at some point was official boss.
I don't think so. He was obviously acting boss and would have probably become official boss after Massino flipped, but his legal problems and eventual life sentence prevented him from taking the position.
All roads lead to New York.
slimshady_007
Full Patched

Post by slimshady_007 »

Wiseguy wrote: Thu Jul 12, 2018 3:02 pm
B. wrote: Thu Jul 12, 2018 1:25 pm All speculation aside, a significant amount of the serious mob violence (i.e. murders and attempted murders) in NYC since 1999 has been associated with Bonanno members/associates in the Bronx one way or another.
Here's what I have for the Bonannos since that time -

March 1999 - Bonanno captain Gerlando "George from Canada" Sciascia shot and killed in the Bronx.

February 2001 - Bonanno associate Frank Santoro shot and killed in the Bronx.

December 2004 - Bonanno associate Rudolph Pizzolo shot and killed in Brooklyn.

April 2005 - Bonanno associate Robert McKelvey strangled and drowned in Staten Island.

July 2008 - Bonanno associate Frank Fresca shot and killed in Staten Island.

July 2009 - Bonanno soldier Anthony Seccifico shot and killed in Staten Island.

November 2011 - Former Bonanno acting boss Salvatore "Sal the Iron Worker" Montagna shot and killed in Canada.

May 2013 - Bonanno soldier Enzo "The Baker" Stagno shot and wounded in Manhattan.

July 2018 - Bonanno associate Salvatore “Sally Daz” Zottola shot and wounded in the Bronx.
Also, in June of 06, ronnie g’s gang attempted to whack some drug dealer they were in a dispute with. The dealer threatened ronnie g, which caused him to be shot.
Wise men listen and laugh, while fools talk.
MoLarryCurly
Straightened out

Post by MoLarryCurly »

I never said it was a message for him. You do forget that one of his sons is badged, maybe the kid acts entitled and believes since his dads who he was he don’t have to listen to certain people. I never said it was a message but anything’s possible
You know I could have worked for U P fucking S and made more money then this....
willychichi
Full Patched

Post by willychichi »

Video shows attempted hit, look like a black guy doing the shooting and the car has Jersey plates

https://nypost.com/2018/07/12/shocking- ... associate/

Reputed Bronx mobster survives botched hit by masked gunmen

http://www.nydailynews.com/new-york/nyc ... story.html
Obama's a pimp he coulda never outfought Trump, but I didn't know it till this day that it was Putin all along.