Giancana’s killer revealed?

Discuss all mafia families in the U.S., Canada, Italy, and everywhere else in the world.

Moderator: Capos

Villain
Filthy Few

Re: Giancana’s killer revealed?

Post by Villain »

Pete wrote: Fri Jun 29, 2018 6:26 am
Villain wrote: Fri Jun 29, 2018 4:10 am Serioisly, Blasi was drinking obviously to calm his nerves since he was about to kill an old companion and to commit a murder, a thing which made Blasi a weak individual in the eyes of his peers. Years before that there was a contract on his life but got cancelled for unknown reason. Now i dont know his history, maybe Snakes can help me, but i possibly missed the infos in which Blasi was ever described as hitman or a killer. Giancana wasnt stupid at all and Blasi was the only guy near him and i dont think that the old boss wouldve let someone from the outside to talk to him whitout homself being armed
I agree. With all the tension between giancana and accardo/aiuppa at the time it seems crazy he would let accardo in his house like that. I don’t recall blasi really being a hit man either but of course part of being in the outfit is you have to follow any order from the boss or risk being killed your self
Again, I completely agree with you
Do not be deceived, neither the sexually immoral, nor idolaters, nor adulterers, nor men who practice homosexuality, nor thieves, nor the greedy, nor drunkards, nor revilers, nor swindlers will inherit the kingdom of God - Corinthians 6:9-10
Villain
Filthy Few

Post by Villain »

Pete wrote: Fri Jun 29, 2018 6:57 am
Sam22 wrote: Fri Jun 29, 2018 6:54 am Corbitt floated the theory of someone cutting through yards and coming in the back door to go undetected by police. Maybe Blasi set that up? However I can't see Accardo sneaking through the back yards to get there. Tony Spilotro or someone else maybe? I have no doubt Blasi was in on it whether he pulled the trigger or just set him up. Blasi had to know all suspicion would be falling on him. However, they did find the gun on the way to Blasi's house.
I don’t think they had to sneak through yards, the police detail was called off they could park right in front of his house, which I think is what blasi did
Another detail for which I also agree, meaning there was some so-called "blind spot" during Giancanas surveillance and I also think that thats when Blasi executed the contract, for which I always say that there was some kind of corruption (Gus Alex)

@Snakes thanks for the doc...do you think that those outside forces mightve been government agencies (similar to Chuck Gianacans statements)?
Do not be deceived, neither the sexually immoral, nor idolaters, nor adulterers, nor men who practice homosexuality, nor thieves, nor the greedy, nor drunkards, nor revilers, nor swindlers will inherit the kingdom of God - Corinthians 6:9-10
Snakes
Full Patched

Post by Snakes »

Possibly, but I think it was simply Blasi blowing smoke because he knew how it actually went down. I think either Ed or Antilliar touched on this at some point but perhaps he felt confident that he could get away with it because of his informer's status. If so, he definitely pulled the wool over Roemer's eyes as he was convinced that Blasi was not involved.
Villain
Filthy Few

Post by Villain »

Snakes wrote: Fri Jun 29, 2018 8:54 am Possibly, but I think it was simply Blasi blowing smoke because he knew how it actually went down. I think either Ed or Antilliar touched on this at some point but perhaps he felt confident that he could get away with it because of his informer's status. If so, he definitely pulled the wool over Roemer's eyes as he was convinced that Blasi was not involved.
Good point and thanks for your answer buddy

In addition, besides researching the Chicago Mob, Im also researching the so-called Yugoslav Mob from the 70's and 80s and I can tell you this for sure....the Yugoslav secret service was closely connected to the western secret services such as the CIA and used all high level Yugoslav mobsters for executing all dirty business from Australia to Canada, meaning all around the world. So I dont think that the Yugoslav agencies were several steps ahead than the CIA, which I believe was the other way around. Thanks to Snakes' additional post, my final point is that the whole Giancana/CIA connection might explain the so-called "blind spot" during his surveillance and execution.
Villain
Filthy Few

Post by Villain »

Also, theres another theory regarding Giancanas contract, which is not generally known, and that is some of Giancanas drug routes which were created during the late 60's began creating problems for the east coast Mob and their influence as main producers for the Midwest. And if you think about it, the whole NY Pizza Connection started during the mid 70s or right before or after Giancanas murder. But this is just an opinion and one of those thousands theories
Confederate
Full Patched

Post by Confederate »

Snakes wrote: Fri Jun 29, 2018 4:43 am I believe that it was Chicago PD that was on the house, not the FBI. The Outfit had enough connections that they could pull a detail if they really wanted to.
It was the Oak Park Police who were doing the surveillance.
" Everything Woke turns to shit".
Villain
Filthy Few

Post by Villain »

Confederate wrote: Fri Jun 29, 2018 9:29 am
Snakes wrote: Fri Jun 29, 2018 4:43 am I believe that it was Chicago PD that was on the house, not the FBI. The Outfit had enough connections that they could pull a detail if they really wanted to.
It was the Oak Park Police who were doing the surveillance.
Even more easier to corrupt
Villain
Filthy Few

Post by Villain »

First of all I want to say that I love this thread and thanks to Pete for spreading it, but I also I want to say that no matter on who pulled the trigger on Giancana or who gave the contract or what was about, still I think that the Giancana hit might get safely on the same level as the one on Joe Colombo or even the one on Hoffa or JFK, since theres a lot of unexplained situations which possibly involves the government and also some ther gov agencies and OC organizations
Frank
Full Patched

Post by Frank »

Villain wrote: Fri Jun 29, 2018 10:35 am First of all I want to say that I love this thread and thanks to Pete for spreading it, but I also I want to say that no matter on who pulled the trigger on Giancana or who gave the contract or what was about, still I think that the Giancana hit might get safely on the same level as the one on Joe Colombo or even the one on Hoffa or JFK, since theres a lot of unexplained situations which possibly involves the government and also some ther gov agencies and OC organizations
I thought it was on the level of Hoffa, and also entangled in the Kennedy Assassination. Also I think the Columbo case pales in comparison to the Giancana, Hoffa and even the Johnny Roselli case, with all the tie ins with the Kennedy Assassination. This is why, if the case was solved or closed, I don't get why it wasn't announced by LE. I would guess that it isn't closed,and they don't have any other evidence or another CI to back up the Calabreses statements. Maybe if DiFronzo was involved they needed more evidence and we're or are holding back info.
Snakes
Full Patched

Post by Snakes »

You see how hard it is to request an unclassified file. The government isn't very forthcoming on releasing free information.

I don't think the Giancana and Roselli murders had anything to do with Kennedy. Giancana was holding back from the bosses and Roselli was expendable and couldn't keep his mouth shut.
eboli
Full Patched

Post by eboli »

Villain wrote: Fri Jun 29, 2018 10:35 am First of all I want to say that I love this thread and thanks to Pete for spreading it, but I also I want to say that no matter on who pulled the trigger on Giancana or who gave the contract or what was about, still I think that the Giancana hit might get safely on the same level as the one on Joe Colombo or even the one on Hoffa or JFK, since theres a lot of unexplained situations which possibly involves the government and also some ther gov agencies and OC organizations
For me Giancana's murder was up there with Castellano's or Galante's. I think some people dismiss it as a "lesser hit" because Giancana's death came long after his days at the helm. The sheer dedication to kill all the guys loyal to him before his own execution show how feared he was even by those in a position of power.
Snakes
Full Patched

Post by Snakes »

They only killed DeStefano and Cain and both were of of little use to the Outfit after Giancana left for Mexico. The "Taylor Street purge" line of thinking is basically old, debunked nonsense from elmwoodparker/the Don.
Confederate
Full Patched

Post by Confederate »

Snakes wrote: Fri Jun 29, 2018 12:21 pm They only killed DeStefano and Cain and both were of of little use to the Outfit after Giancana left for Mexico. The "Taylor Street purge" line of thinking is basically old, debunked nonsense from elmwoodparker/the Don.
Yes, I agree. It seemed like a lot of the Giancana loyalists died naturally in or out of Jail. Giancana was not to be underestimated, But his days were basically over and he did defy Accardo by withholding money from overseas. Also, according to Villain and my research, some of his Loyalists were upset with him.
" Everything Woke turns to shit".
eboli
Full Patched

Post by eboli »

Snakes wrote: Fri Jun 29, 2018 12:21 pm They only killed DeStefano and Cain and both were of of little use to the Outfit after Giancana left for Mexico. The "Taylor Street purge" line of thinking is basically old, debunked nonsense from elmwoodparker/the Don.
Yeah, I think I know what nonsense you mean. It's the one how Accardo and Aiuppa were so envious of the Taylor Street Crew they decided to kill everyone (Giancana, DeStefano, Nicoletti, English, etc.) after Ricca died, correct?

I'm not too knowledgeable on Chicago. I thought DeStefano, Cain and Roselli's deaths were directly linked to Giancana's, but I can see that there were probably more important motives for their demise all things considered.
Frank
Full Patched

Post by Frank »

Snakes wrote: Fri Jun 29, 2018 12:10 pm You see how hard it is to request an unclassified file. The government isn't very forthcoming on releasing free information.

I don't think the Giancana and Roselli murders had anything to do with Kennedy. Giancana was holding back from the bosses and Roselli was expendable and couldn't keep his mouth shut.
Yes but how many people that followed current events and the Kennedy Assassination from back in those days still are under the assumption that alot of these things are all tied together. Well let's see where this info goes. It sounds like the Accardo being the killer is bullshit, and the Giancana hit being solved and closed as to who actually pulled the trigger also bullshit. The Accardo ordering the hit, because Giancana was holding back sounds like the real deal. Since Family Secrets I thought the Accardo ordering the hit because of Giancana holding back was basically the official reason for his killing.