John DiFronzo

Discuss all mafia families in the U.S., Canada, Italy, and everywhere else in the world.

Moderator: Capos

Snakes
Full Patched

Re: John DiFronzo

Post by Snakes »

Last "big" case involving the Outfit was Sarno in 2009. He was acting boss at the time.
Confederate
Full Patched

Re: RE: Re: John DiFronzo

Post by Confederate »

Lupara wrote: Wed May 30, 2018 8:07 am
Villain wrote:
Confederate wrote: Tue May 29, 2018 2:10 pm
Villain wrote: Tue May 29, 2018 1:36 pm The Outfit's top admin went "Godfather" style aka semi-legit
The Elmwood Park guys were the only smart ones left in the Outfit. John DiFronzo, Pete DiFronzo Joe Andriacchi etc. They saw the writing on the wall several years ago. LOL
I agree
You didn't need to be very smart to see those writings on the wall, they were very obvious. The families outside of NY were in a notable decline since the 80s or even earlier.
Well, they were at least smart enough to back away and not die in Jail. Most of those guys DON'T see the writing on the wall.
" Everything Woke turns to shit".
Wiseguy
Filthy Few

Re: RE: Re: John DiFronzo

Post by Wiseguy »

Lupara wrote: Wed May 30, 2018 8:11 am
Wiseguy wrote: The feds still consider Chicago one of the few remaining viable families outside New York. It's not where Detroit is yet but possibly closer than some think. And we have still seen indictments, albeit at a much slower pace. Like Marcello and Sarno before, we will only get an idea of the administration in a future indictment.
When was the last time the feds made that statement? A lot can happen in just a few years time.
Here are some of the more recent articles where the feds referenced the Outfit -

Reenergizing Chicago's fight against the Outfit (2017)
https://www.google.com/amp/abc7chicago. ... t/2714190/

Chicago mob weakened but still running (2011)
https://www.seattletimes.com/life/lifes ... l-running/

Also in 2012, it was reported that while the FBI once had 2 local squads with 12 agents each devoted to investigating the Chicago LCN in the 1990's (1 investigating the South Side/26th Street Crew and 1 investigating the Melrose Park Crew), it now had 1 squad with 12 agents which, as part of their apparatus, investigated the Chicago LCN (the other focused almost exclusively on Eastern European organized crime). 100 of the Chicago's 500 FBI agents were said to be assigned to organized crime investigations, mostly involving violent street gangs and drugs through partnerships with other law enforcement agencies.

Since the 2009 Sarno case, some cases have included the Rudy Fratto bid-rigging case in 2010, the Carpelli case in 2013, Grand Ave crew case in 2014, and the Matassa and Coli IBT cases in 2017.

Anyway, most should know by now I'm more stingy than anyone about the criteria that concerns what families are still considered viable. So I wouldn't be including Chicago if the evidence didn't warrant it. However, in my opinion, Chicago is the only family outside the Northeast that is still viable.

That said, it is a relatively small organization at this point. Much narrower in scope with vastly diminished rackets. And once the aging core membership of the Outfit passes on, the often tenuously-connected and rather murky peripheral stuff that gives people a false idea of the Outfit won't matter.
All roads lead to New York.
Pete
Full Patched

Post by Pete »

I would say the biggest recent bust was in 15 the RICO charges against the pk crew which was under vena and grand avenue
I agree with phat,I love those old fucks and he's right.we all got some cosa nostra in us.I personnely love the life.I think we on the forum would be the ultimate crew! - camerono
SILENT PARTNERZ
Full Patched

Post by SILENT PARTNERZ »

'three can keep a secret, if two are dead'
Frank
Full Patched

Post by Frank »

The January 10,1992 UPI article by a Hilmer Andersen, reporting the Rincon indictments, has John DiFronzo, according to the Chicago Crime Commission, as Boss or street boss, having taken over since January 1991 for the semi retired Sam Carlisi, who moved to Florida. Carlisi is described as Treasurer. Article title states DiFronzo is second in command though. Like anything else never is anything real clear about Outfit Leadership. Was he promoted to boss or still underboss running the day to day operations?? Was he under Accardo or Carlisi?
Confederate
Full Patched

Post by Confederate »

DiFronzo at that time was under both Carlisi and Accardo. Remember, Carlisi represented Auippa in prison and DiFronzo represented Cerone also in prison.
Frank
Full Patched

Post by Frank »

Confederate wrote: Wed May 30, 2018 1:06 pm DiFronzo at that time was under both Carlisi and Accardo. Remember, Carlisi represented Auippa in prison and DiFronzo represented Cerone also in prison.
Yes I see where your coming from. So basically at that time he was the # 1 and the other 4 guys having more power and ultimate authority were all in the background.
Snakes
Full Patched

Post by Snakes »

If by being in the background you mean prison.
Frank
Full Patched

Post by Frank »

Well your right. I was really talking about the Carlisi - DiFronzo transition and that time period before the Rincon indictments. That it looks like DiFronzo was either promoted to #1 or was still #2 , but basically running day to day. It seems like Aiuppa Cerones kind of had the same type of setup. Wasn't Aiuppa spending more time out of state,but was still considered #1. Now with Aiuppa and Cerone in prison, remember nobody knew they would ever get out, and Carlisi having his problems, I'm with you, I tend to believe that DiFronzo was the ultimate authority by the time he was released. Of course Accardo had died a few months after the Rincon indictments. So DiFronzo basically takes Accardos spot and had a series of #1 and #2 since running day to day.
Pete
Full Patched

Post by Pete »

Confederate wrote: Wed May 30, 2018 1:06 pm DiFronzo at that time was under both Carlisi and Accardo. Remember, Carlisi represented Auippa in prison and DiFronzo represented Cerone also in prison.
By 91 accardo was 85 and living in Palm Springs most of the year. He had little if anything to do with the outfit at that point. Carlisi and difronzo were 1 and 2 since 86. When carlisi went into semi retirement difronzo and marcello were 1 and 2 on the streets
I agree with phat,I love those old fucks and he's right.we all got some cosa nostra in us.I personnely love the life.I think we on the forum would be the ultimate crew! - camerono
Confederate
Full Patched

Post by Confederate »

Pete wrote: Wed May 30, 2018 2:08 pm
By 91 accardo was 85 and living in Palm Springs most of the year. He had little if anything to do with the outfit at that point. Carlisi and difronzo were 1 and 2 since 86. When carlisi went into semi retirement difronzo and marcello were 1 and 2 on the streets
Okay. Nobody said Accardo had anything to do with the Outfit on a day to day basis in 1991. Doesn't mean DiFronzo still didn't defer to his opinion sometimes. Carlisi represented Auippa and DiFronzo represented Cerone. Everything I said is correct.
Pete
Full Patched

Post by Pete »

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=_uFo6Yq-8dA
Go to minute 4:05 to see the difronzo interview when reporter chuck goudie questioned him after having lunch
Frank
Full Patched

Post by Frank »

Yes it's difficult to pinpoint if or when Accardo was totally done. And your info does make sense that Carlisi took Accardo's spot. My main point was that it has been along time since DiFronzo was running day to day operations.
Frank
Full Patched

Post by Frank »

Confederate wrote: Wed May 30, 2018 2:20 pm
Okay. Nobody said Accardo had anything to do with the Outfit on a day to day basis in 1991. Doesn't mean DiFronzo still didn't defer to his opinion sometimes. Carlisi represented Auippa and DiFronzo represented Cerone. Everything I said is correct.
Accardo was done with day to day for 20 to 35 years by then