John DiFronzo

Discuss all mafia families in the U.S., Canada, Italy, and everywhere else in the world.

Moderator: Capos

Lupara
Full Patched

Re: John DiFronzo

Post by Lupara »

Is there any recent irrefutable evidence of the Chicago Outfit still being a viable, active organization? Seems really quiet there last few years and I wonder if there is still an admin with structure..
FriendofFamily
Full Patched

Post by FriendofFamily »

If you are looking for irrefutable proof like an indictment then - no evidence yet

If you want to know is it still viable the answer is yes and it has enough structure and there are enough meetings that I know exist

The 26th Street Crew and Grand Ave Crew have the most activity but that doesn't mean in dollars - what I mean by that is the Illegal money is multiplied once it is invested in the legal business

Much is in legit business and covering the trail.

I offer no proof
Know which Game to Play
eboli
Full Patched

Post by eboli »

I've read some claims over the years DiFronzo intentionally tanked that family and didn't induct any members after the family secrets trial. Any truth to this?
Snakes
Full Patched

Post by Snakes »

Nobody has any proof of that. A lot of what's passed off as "fact" concerning the "modern" Outfit is actually garbage from the old ANP message board days. If Fosco ever signed off on a theory as "possible" then idiots like The Don and others ran with it as fact.
Frank
Full Patched

Post by Frank »

There have been a few indictments in the last 5 to 7 years. Just last year John Matassa was indicted. Most members are at least 60 or older. Of course we don't know if new younger members have been made. There was talk that Boss Mike Sarno made some new members about 10 years ago. With Sarno going to prison these new members clashed with some older members. It was reported that Solly DiLaurentis was the man the DiFronzo Bros. turned to, to straighten out the problem. He reportedly straightened it out. Not sure if he was boss then and then or promoted after.
Lupara
Full Patched

Re: RE: Re: John DiFronzo

Post by Lupara »

FriendofFamily wrote:If you are looking for irrefutable proof like an indictment then - no evidence yet

If you want to know is it still viable the answer is yes and it has enough structure and there are enough meetings that I know exist
If there is no recent evidence then the answer isn't simply yes.

To me Chicago seems to be like Detroit at this point. Some oldtimers left with connections but lacking a presence on the streets.
Frank
Full Patched

Post by Frank »

The new FBI guy in Chicago last year mentioned going after the Outfit.
Pete
Full Patched

Post by Pete »

Confederate wrote: Tue May 29, 2018 4:24 am Calabrese also stated that DiFronzo not only was there but he was BEATING on the Spilotro Brothers in the Bensenville House. In addition to what Calabrese stated, the whole scene was a FAKE MAKING CEREMONY and it would be logical for DiFronzo to be there for that type of thing. Sooooo for all the Nick Calabrese fans who said he was the greatest witness possible, it seems REAL STRANGE that the Feds wouldn't ever indict DiFronzo in a Family Secrets II since the Jury believed EVERYTHING Calabrese said in his testimony AND DiFronzo was convicted in 1993 on even less evidence. Real strange. :shock:
If you read calabreses actual testimony ferriola, carlisi, and difronzo were upstairs with marcello. Marino, eboli, and calabrese were in the basement as well as 3 guys nick didn’t know waiting for the spilotros. When the spilotros got there they said hello upstairs then came down and were ambushed. Marino, eboli, and calabrese killed Michael, the other 3 guys killed tony. After they were dead difronzo came downstairs and went through Michaels pockets and found a pistol which nick took from him because difronzo couldn’t figure out how to unload it.he never once mentions carlisi, ferriola, or difronzo actually participating in the actual killing in his testimony. But calabrese also testified Marino helped killed Michael and he was never charged also for lack of evidence and was released from prison and died at home
I agree with phat,I love those old fucks and he's right.we all got some cosa nostra in us.I personnely love the life.I think we on the forum would be the ultimate crew! - camerono
Wiseguy
Filthy Few

Post by Wiseguy »

Frank wrote: Mon May 28, 2018 8:45 pmSnakes do you think DiFronzo was a CI. I tend to not believe that he was. I think Joe Fosco started that rumour. Fosco seems to have a few axes to grind with DiFronzo. Like you say DiFronzo kept himself well insulated. I think he only talked to and gave orders to people he could trust.
The allegations of two high level informants were included in court filings by the defense in the Sarno case so I imagine it was more than just what Fosco said on his blog.
Frank wrote: Mon May 28, 2018 9:41 pmMaybe he was collecting tribute, but no talking business.
If I remember right, in the Sarno case one guy testified that Frank Caruso was kicking up to Sarno, who in turn was kicking up to DiFronzo.
Lupara wrote: Tue May 29, 2018 7:29 am Is there any recent irrefutable evidence of the Chicago Outfit still being a viable, active organization? Seems really quiet there last few years and I wonder if there is still an admin with structure..
The feds still consider Chicago one of the few remaining viable families outside New York. It's not where Detroit is yet but possibly closer than some think. And we have still seen indictments, albeit at a much slower pace. Like Marcello and Sarno before, we will only get an idea of the administration in a future indictment.
All roads lead to New York.
Confederate
Full Patched

Post by Confederate »

Wiseguy wrote: Tue May 29, 2018 9:55 am
Frank wrote: Mon May 28, 2018 8:45 pmSnakes do you think DiFronzo was a CI. I tend to not believe that he was. I think Joe Fosco started that rumour. Fosco seems to have a few axes to grind with DiFronzo. Like you say DiFronzo kept himself well insulated. I think he only talked to and gave orders to people he could trust.
The allegations of two high level informants were included in court filings by the defense in the Sarno case so I imagine it was more than just what Fosco said on his blog.
Frank wrote: Mon May 28, 2018 9:41 pmMaybe he was collecting tribute, but no talking business.
If I remember right, in the Sarno case one guy testified that Frank Caruso was kicking up to Sarno, who in turn was kicking up to DiFronzo.
Lupara wrote: Tue May 29, 2018 7:29 am Is there any recent irrefutable evidence of the Chicago Outfit still being a viable, active organization? Seems really quiet there last few years and I wonder if there is still an admin with structure..
The feds still consider Chicago one of the few remaining viable families outside New York. It's not where Detroit is yet but possibly closer than some think. And we have still seen indictments, albeit at a much slower pace. Like Marcello and Sarno before, we will only get an idea of the administration in a future indictment.

Agreed. In addition, the recruiting ground of Chicago is not the same as the recruiting ground in Philly. The next 3 Families to be gone will be Detroit, New England and Chicago. Philly and New Jersey will still be around 10 years from now. Any younger Italian American man in Chicago would have to be out of his mind to want to join what's left of the Outfit in 2018.
" Everything Woke turns to shit".
Villain
Filthy Few

Post by Villain »

The Outfit's top admin went "Godfather" style aka semi-legit
Do not be deceived, neither the sexually immoral, nor idolaters, nor adulterers, nor men who practice homosexuality, nor thieves, nor the greedy, nor drunkards, nor revilers, nor swindlers will inherit the kingdom of God - Corinthians 6:9-10
Confederate
Full Patched

Post by Confederate »

Villain wrote: Tue May 29, 2018 1:36 pm The Outfit's top admin went "Godfather" style aka semi-legit
The Elmwood Park guys were the only smart ones left in the Outfit. John DiFronzo, Pete DiFronzo Joe Andriacchi etc. They saw the writing on the wall several years ago. LOL
" Everything Woke turns to shit".
Villain
Filthy Few

Post by Villain »

Confederate wrote: Tue May 29, 2018 2:10 pm
Villain wrote: Tue May 29, 2018 1:36 pm The Outfit's top admin went "Godfather" style aka semi-legit
The Elmwood Park guys were the only smart ones left in the Outfit. John DiFronzo, Pete DiFronzo Joe Andriacchi etc. They saw the writing on the wall several years ago. LOL
I agree
Do not be deceived, neither the sexually immoral, nor idolaters, nor adulterers, nor men who practice homosexuality, nor thieves, nor the greedy, nor drunkards, nor revilers, nor swindlers will inherit the kingdom of God - Corinthians 6:9-10
Lupara
Full Patched

Post by Lupara »

Villain wrote:
Confederate wrote: Tue May 29, 2018 2:10 pm
I agree
You didn't need to be very smart to see those writings on the wall, they were very obvious. The families outside of NY were in a notable decline since the 80s or even earlier.
Lupara
Full Patched

Post by Lupara »

Wiseguy wrote: The feds still consider Chicago one of the few remaining viable families outside New York. It's not where Detroit is yet but possibly closer than some think. And we have still seen indictments, albeit at a much slower pace. Like Marcello and Sarno before, we will only get an idea of the administration in a future indictment.
When was the last time the feds made that statement? A lot can happen in just a few years time.