Merlino Trial thread

Discuss all mafia families in the U.S., Canada, Italy, and everywhere else in the world.

Moderator: Capos

Cheech
Full Patched

Re: Merlino Trial thread

Post by Cheech »

SonnyBlackstein wrote: Fri Apr 27, 2018 7:29 pm https://nypost.com/2018/04/27/mob-boss- ... d-retrial/

Judge seems pissed. Bet those odds just came in a whole lot eh Cheech ;)
I dont get it.
I'll race you around the corner for fuckin $400 - the skinny
Cheech
Full Patched

Post by Cheech »

judge seems pissed w govt that after all this he is copping to calling in a bet. my guess is the judge has called in a bet before...
I'll race you around the corner for fuckin $400 - the skinny
Frank
Full Patched

Post by Frank »

SonnyBlackstein wrote: Fri Apr 27, 2018 8:24 am
TJ wrote: Fri Apr 27, 2018 8:05 am Sentencing sept 13..judge removed the bail restrictons for the summer...
Couple of questions to the board:

Will he get any reduction for house arrest, bail restrictions whilst on trial?

If he gets 2yrs, what’s he likely to serve, with good behaviour etc?

Is there expected to be a parole period post his sentence or a ‘do not associate’ whatever for any length of time?

Cheers.
I think the most he would have to serve would be 20 months, if the judge sentenced him to the max. With the judge lifting the bail restrictions till sentencing, sounds like he is going to stay within the plea agreement of 10 to 16 months. Then he would have to serve between 9 half to 14 half months. Not sure if the bail restrictions count for any time served. If so he could walk with time served.
dixiemafia
Full Patched

Post by dixiemafia »

I think it is actually 24 months but the judge can't give more than that.
If I didn't have my case coming up, I would like to come back with you gentlemen when this is over with and really lay the law down what is going on in this country.....
Frank
Full Patched

Post by Frank »

dixiemafia wrote: Sat Apr 28, 2018 11:34 am I think it is actually 24 months but the judge can't give more than that.
Yes your right, but with good behavior time around 20 months.
Teddy Persico
Straightened out

Post by Teddy Persico »

He’ll get 54 days off his sentence for good behavior plus spend three months of his sentence in a halfway house. So if he’s sentenced in September, he’ll be out in March/April 2020.
The way you talk, you just confuse him.
dave
Straightened out

Post by dave »

Fughedaboutit
Full Patched

Post by Fughedaboutit »

SonnyBlackstein wrote: Fri Apr 27, 2018 5:59 pm
Fughedaboutit wrote: Fri Apr 27, 2018 4:04 pmthey cant just tack on an extra 5 years because of something he might of done lol
Asaro got twice the recommended sentence for the arson with the judge even citing she believed his guilt in Lufthansa and had reviewed that case and incorporated that into sentencing. That was only a few months ago. Judges don’t HAVE to stick to plea deals. And Judges, clearly have scope to sentence almost at whim. Do I think Joey will get 5 years? No. But could he get two? Sure. My bet is it’ll be higher than lower range. I’d be amazed with Joey’s record and status if he got anything else.

Again, just an opinion.
Well I don't think they are supposed to, but im no lawyer lol
"I wanna hear some noise." "Tell Salvie to clean the boat, the whole boat top to bottom" -Nicodemo "Nicky" Scarfo Sr"
Pogo The Clown
Men Of Mayhem

Post by Pogo The Clown »

Good edition of Mob Talk. They confirm that Dom Grande is a Capo and that a federal grand jury is heating up in Philly with subpoenas. They also dropped that tidbit how Joey Merlino is a big fan of rap and hip hop. An LCN Boss a big fan of rap. :lol: Angelo Bruno and Nicky Scarfo must be rolling over in their graves.

Pogo
It's a new morning in America... fresh, vital. The old cynicism is gone. We have faith in our leaders. We're optimistic as to what becomes of it all. It really boils down to our ability to accept. We don't need pessimism. There are no limits.
NJShore4Life
Full Patched

Post by NJShore4Life »

If you can go to prison for simply calling in a bet then half of New Jersey should be locked up right now.....
dack2001
Sergeant Of Arms

Post by dack2001 »

There are pleas in federal court where the plea agreement does not give the Court the power to deviate from a range under the guidelines. This case though I think the maximum sentence for the charge is two years. And in order to be used as a RICO predicate it would have to be an offense committed in furtherance of a RICO conspiracy. Theoretically, such a plea could be used as a predicate but I'd imagine Joey admitted to betting with offshore books or unaffiliated books in an agreement with prosecutors that his plea won't be used in another case. I'd assume that was part of the plea discussion.
NJShore4Life
Full Patched

Post by NJShore4Life »

Pogo The Clown wrote: Mon Apr 30, 2018 7:29 am Good edition of Mob Talk. They confirm that Dom Grande is a Capo and that a federal grand jury is heating up in Philly with subpoenas. They also dropped that tidbit how Joey Merlino is a big fan of rap and hip hop. An LCN Boss a big fan of rap. :lol: Angelo Bruno and Nicky Scarfo must be rolling over in their graves.

Pogo
Yes Joey has always been a big fan of hip hop. He was pumping a ton of coke onto the streets back in the early 1990s with Junior Black Mafia I have heard...
Fughedaboutit
Full Patched

Post by Fughedaboutit »

NJShore4Life wrote: Mon Apr 30, 2018 7:32 am If you can go to prison for simply calling in a bet then half of New Jersey should be locked up right now.....
:lol:
"I wanna hear some noise." "Tell Salvie to clean the boat, the whole boat top to bottom" -Nicodemo "Nicky" Scarfo Sr"
Fughedaboutit
Full Patched

Post by Fughedaboutit »

I wonder who the kid with Merlino is
slimshady_007
Full Patched

Post by slimshady_007 »

Pogo The Clown wrote: Mon Apr 30, 2018 7:29 am Good edition of Mob Talk. They confirm that Dom Grande is a Capo and that a federal grand jury is heating up in Philly with subpoenas. They also dropped that tidbit how Joey Merlino is a big fan of rap and hip hop. An LCN Boss a big fan of rap. :lol: Angelo Bruno and Nicky Scarfo must be rolling over in their graves.

Pogo
Whats wrong with likin rap? Nothin wrong with kendrick lamar eminem tupac etc
Wise men listen and laugh, while fools talk.